Default Reincarnation Help

Hello All, I'm trying the reincarnate my Ftr/4 Pal/15. I'm using a +20 lesser heart. What is happening is I'm trying to reincarnate into a warlock I get past everything character creation and I go to click create and I'm unable. Am I doing something wrong or can I not become a warlock.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by lbroyles View Post
    Hello All, I'm trying the reincarnate my Ftr/4 Pal/15. I'm using a +20 lesser heart. What is happening is I'm trying to reincarnate into a warlock I get past everything character creation and I go to click create and I'm unable. Am I doing something wrong or can I not become a warlock.
    Have you purchased Warlock class?
    Are you trying to get a different pact other than Fey?
    Are you trying to change your alignment?

Just a thought...haven't looked into it yet but...is it possible that since you are not lv 20 you can't use a +20 lesser heart? If anyone knows for sure this would be useful info for the Wiki. Or it's already there and I have just never come across it. It's a shame that so many of the posts before the forum update get the "The page isn’t redirecting properly" message.

I would suggest gaining another level and trying again. Or can you even log in after trying to reincarnate? I'm pretty sure I have canceled a reincarnation during the creation process and was able to return to the character as it was but I'm not sure.
    Last edited by Buddha5440; 08-07-2016 at 10:29 PM.
    Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulkoorex View Post
    Have you purchased Warlock class?
    Are you trying to get a different pact other than Fey?
    Are you trying to change your alignment?
    I have VIP. Do I still need to purchase Warlock? I was a pally so my alignment is Lawful Good. Can Warlocks be lawful good? Trying for a fiend Caster warlock.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Can Warlocks be lawful good? Trying for a fiend Caster warlock.
    Warlocks can be any alignment, however Fiend `locks have to be non-good while GOO `locks have to be non-lawful; so as a LG char your only option is Fey. You could LR into pure warlock, do an alignment change, then LR +0 again to change your pact, but obviously that's expensive. [EDIT: you can't do an alignment change mid-LR after getting rid of your pally lvls, unfortunately; tried that once, didn't work.]

However, none of that explains why you can't LR into warlock at all. Since you're VIP, unless you are level-saving (need to level first then LR), you shouldn't have a problem changing a dual-class build into a different third class.
    Last edited by unbongwah; 08-09-2016 at 11:43 AM.
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

That is likely the issue then. As a lawful good character the only option as a Warlock is Fey. Fiend can't be good and Great Old One can't be lawful.
    Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Thanks for the reply, that makes sense now. Is the best route just level up to 20 then tr?

If you're level 19, the only reason I would consider using a +20 heart of wood to LR is if you want to TR into a class that you don't want to play, but want the past life from (in which case it's best to wait until 20 anyways). You could LR into a class you want to play if you want to grind out your epic pastlives or epic destanies/gear or whatever, but I would rather just hit 20 and TR into that class, then I'll have it at epic but a little stronger.

Thanks for the reply, that makes sense now. Is the best route just level up to 20 then tr?
    This would be my recommendation, the Paladin past life is useful for all future lives since it grants 10% heal amp.

Stoner81.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    the Paladin past life is useful for all future lives since it grants 10% heal amp.
    My Pale Master looks at you with bewilderment! 8)

Excessive generalization - a right way to a mistake.

Trying for a fiend Caster warlock.
    This is the problem. You must choose Fey and it will work just fine. There is no need to be L20 before using the +20 heart and none of the other things mentioned will cause a problem. It is just that your alignment does not match the pact you chose.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfo View Post
    My Pale Master looks at you with bewilderment!
    Pale masters are sometimes not in undead form and benefit. In fact, at early levels wizards don't benefit at all from being undead since the first undead form isn't available until L3. So, pale masters *do* benefit -- even if only briefly.

That was my first thought. Warlock is a lot of fun; you may as well rock it from level 1 to cap.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baktiotha View Post
    Pale masters are sometimes not in undead form and benefit. In fact, at early levels wizards don't benefit at all from being undead since the first undead form isn't available until L3. So, pale masters *do* benefit -- even if only briefly.
    Touché! 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    From what I recall there is a "bug" with this... the maximum amount of different classes you can have is 3 and because you are trying to add Warlock to the mix that makes it 4 which is not allowed, your best bet would be go to level 20 and TR in to a Warlock and save the +20 heart imho.
    This is entirely wrong.

OP has 2 character classes -- fighter & paladin. OP's problem is that he wanted to change to warlock using fiend pact. He can go through the whole process and apparently succeed in becoming a warlock only to find he cannot save the character and enter the game.

The reason is because fiend pact is not compatible with the character's lawful good alignment.

If OP chooses fey pact he can complete the reincarnation.

There is no bug, there is no error, there is no failure in the game or with Turbine. It is completely and totally an issue of OP selecting the fiend pact.

If there is *any* finger pointing it is that the way warlock is coded you can make all of the choices without there being a check at L1 to confirm the alignment works with the pact chosen.

OP seems to have decided to just go to L20 and TR but he could have gone warlock without any issue if he chose fey for his pact choice.