Red face Returning Player from Khyber

Hello everyone,
    Where do I start. Well I'm a returning player after a 6 year hiatus. I was a very active player back in the day, but decided to quit after a guild collapse and lack of content. But I'm back. I'm posting because I am clueless about the game now, after 6 years things change. I have basic knowledge of the game, but really I'm looking for a mentor or mentors to get me back on track. I have a few toons maybe some vet players from khyber might recognize some names. Durac, DemonDivine, Demonhatred, DemonPriest, Ckong, Mutilation, Bloodpool, And Ckongo. Hopefully they are still around when I log in. Some of them are 20 (max level back then). I'm getting a new computer this weekend and DDO has been calling. I'm not sure if guilds and parties are a thing of the past now, but I wouldn't mind if someone took me under their wing. This game feels overwhelming now. I'm 26 now and I would like to party with similar or older aged players. Also not very interested in zerging yet, not till I get the feel of the game again. So if any players want some fresh blood, I would much appreciate it. Send me a pm, post here, or find me online in the next upcoming days. Thanks can't wait to kill some gnolls and gut some trolls.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Durac sounds familar

Beware the Sleepeater

Welcome back. I'm sorry I don't recognize any of those names.

Some things to understand There is now a distinct separation in the game between Heroic Levels 1 to 20 and Epic Levels 20 to 30 (Yes 20 is in both because it is on the Edge)

There are two Expansions that are not included as part of the VIP subscription as well as new feats, classes, races and a concept called Iconic (tie between race/class)

One of the first things you will notice is the new enhancement system which now breaks aspects of classes into Trees.

Epic now has Destinies (which can be purchased with the expansions) which grant more power. I believe many will agree that if you plan on pursuing the Epic part of the game you will want to purchase the Epic Destiny system.

-----
    You should probably start one character at a time. I would recommend creating a thread for each character with a run down of class make-up and currently selected feats and do a "ask the community" type thing where you explain what concept you are looking for your character. Many on the forum can give you advice on what Tree(s) will help you achieve your concept.

Now it might seem you are behind on the Gear side, but with the current Random Loot system you will find that you will be catching up rather quickly.

-----
    If you are unsure of what concept you want to go with and are only at level 20, and don't want to enter the Epic realm just yet, I would recommend doing a True Reincarnation and start over from the ground up. This will give you a chance to experiment with the new to you enhancement system.

My character names are below in my signature. Feel free to contact me in game if you have a question. I may not be able to answer them all, but I should be able to help you find resources that can help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    Welcome back. I'm sorry I don't recognize any of those names.

Some things to understand There is now a distinct separation in the game between Heroic Levels 1 to 20 and Epic Levels 20 to 30 (Yes 20 is in both because it is on the Edge)

There are two Expansions that are not included as part of the VIP subscription as well as new feats, classes, races and a concept called Iconic (tie between race/class)

One of the first things you will notice is the new enhancement system which now breaks aspects of classes into Trees.

Epic now has Destinies (which can be purchased with the expansions) which grant more power. I believe many will agree that if you plan on pursuing the Epic part of the game you will want to purchase the Epic Destiny system.

-----
    You should probably start one character at a time. I would recommend creating a thread for each character with a run down of class make-up and currently selected feats and do a "ask the community" type thing where you explain what concept you are looking for your character. Many on the forum can give you advice on what Tree(s) will help you achieve your concept.

Now it might seem you are behind on the Gear side, but with the current Random Loot system you will find that you will be catching up rather quickly.

-----
    If you are unsure of what concept you want to go with and are only at level 20, and don't want to enter the Epic realm just yet, I would recommend doing a True Reincarnation and start over from the ground up. This will give you a chance to experiment with the new to you enhancement system.

My character names are below in my signature. Feel free to contact me in game if you have a question. I may not be able to answer them all, but I should be able to help you find resources that can help you.
    Thanks for the quick replies, and advice. This weekend will be a learning experience. I'll look you up once I log, and again thank you.