Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38
  1. #1

    Default Reinvigorating level 20 Old Endgame: New Legendary Crafting with S/S/S & Raid Tokens

    the basics:

    Combine scroll, shard and seal item (like Epic Midnight Greetings) with 25 Greater Tokens of the Twelve (Epic Raid Tokens) to make a Legendary Version (e.g Legendary Midnight Greetings, ML 28)

    The weapon/gear/item should be on par with tier 2 LGS, or slightly better. I am not proposing right now the specifics of various gear/weapons etc.

    This might do the following:
    1. Give an 'endgame' reason to run/grind all the older level 20 quests that are part of the outdated 'epic crafting.'
    2. Give an 'endgame' reason to run all older raids, such as the Chronoscope and ADQ
    3. Give something 'endgame' productive to do while level 20-26ish
    4. Take advantage of many unusual and fun items/gear that are currently existing for specific builds


    I further suggest that this be done to the FoT items as well and add more locations in old raids for Raid Tokens to drop (such as Vision of Destruction). Eventually, ToD items and Alchemical crafting could have a similar upgrade path.


    Why not just buff the old items so they are on par, or better, with current same-level (level 20) gear?
    1. they are not worth grinding out for their brief value in lower epics (save a few exceptions)
    2. they would not be 'endgame' and hence a wasted grind and dalliance on the way there



    Why not just make Legendary versions of those old quests and raids, like HoX was made legendary?

    1. That can still be done. This does not negate such a move. I do not like rehashed stuff, personally.
    2. Dev time would be spent just designing the upgraded items in my proposal. This should not be too hard.




    Thoughts?

    Possible example:
    Legendary Midnight greetings: +13 weapon, 5d6 base, Improved deception, Legendary paralyzing, Insightful assassinate +8, Legendary disintegration, Legendary Clever Strike, Red augment slot, Orange augment slot
    Last edited by Saekee; 08-02-2016 at 11:34 AM.

  2. #2
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council Kwyjibo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    980

    Default

    Let it go, old stuff is well, old stuff.

    I'll pass on this idea.
    Jibo-Argo/Ascent, Thelanis/TES, Mournlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    No challenge, no fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    I knew i should have actually tested this.

  3. #3

    Default

    I would love to see them make a trade vendor where you can trades (3 to 1 with the added cost of Greater or Regular Tokens of the Twelve) Scrolls, Seals, and Shards to get the ones you want.

    There is ALOT of the older game that could use a shot in the arm.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gljosh View Post
    I would love to see them make a trade vendor where you can trades (3 to 1 with the added cost of Greater or Regular Tokens of the Twelve) Scrolls, Seals, and Shards to get the ones you want.

    There is ALOT of the older game that could use a shot in the arm.
    that might make it easier to get an s s s item but they are outdated (mostly). My proposal will reward one's endgame by making the grind & raids relevant
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked level 4 soon)


  5. #5
    Community Member Stoner81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,060

    Default

    They can start by VASTLY INCREASING the drop rates on shards, seals and scrolls along with the base items in certain areas (Demon Sands!) which would help along with also allowing you to convert scrolls/shards/seals from a single pack in to one that you want from the said pack say on a 3:1 basis or something.

    I totally missed the time when these items were highly sought after and would love to be able to be a part of that.

    Stoner81.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    that might make it easier to get an s s s item but they are outdated (mostly). My proposal will reward one's endgame by making the grind & raids relevant
    Agreed, I can remember a time when the S/S/S items were pretty much the only items with Augment Slots and +(W). Actually if they used a proposal likes yours and blended it with a Commendation Of Heroes approach (but used Tokens as the Coms) that would be near PERFECT, add a +1, +(W) or Suitable ability enhancement, and add a slot for the 3rd tier.

  7. #7
    Community Member Robbenklopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    in front of Malmoe
    Posts
    997

    Default

    Suggested making epic stuff legendary twice before and was never picked up by community. If you can promote it, i´ll be in
    "It´s too late. Always has been - always will be. Too late"

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gljosh View Post
    Agreed, I can remember a time when the S/S/S items were pretty much the only items with Augment Slots and +(W). Actually if they used a proposal likes yours and blended it with a Commendation Of Heroes approach (but used Tokens as the Coms) that would be near PERFECT, add a +1, +(W) or Suitable ability enhancement, and add a slot for the 3rd tier.
    Yes, I would make them 5W, thanks Gljosh.
    I am not suggesting tiers--just one upgrade--epic to legendary
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked level 4 soon)


  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbenklopper View Post
    Suggested making epic stuff legendary twice before and was never picked up by community. If you can promote it, i´ll be in
    I hadn't seen it but great minds think alike!
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked level 4 soon)


  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwyjibo View Post
    Let it go, old stuff is well, old stuff.

    I'll pass on this idea.
    I agree on letting old stuff go but that means old content goes. The only motivation becomes fun factor/variety (which is my primary motivation).

    This proposal does not change the old stuff, which has often been suggested here. I want to subsume the old stuff into a newer legendary form which will give more reasons to run these older, wonderfully designed quests.

    So instead of running Spies/Wiz king until you get to endgame, you may feel it productive to grind, say, the pharlian epic chain for legendary ingredients (s/s/s) for an upgrade from there--maybe your build would like a Legendary Utility Vest & a Legendary Mask of Tragedy.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked level 4 soon)


  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    They can start by VASTLY INCREASING the drop rates on shards, seals and scrolls along with the base items in certain areas (Demon Sands!) which would help along with also allowing you to convert scrolls/shards/seals from a single pack in to one that you want from the said pack say on a 3:1 basis or something.

    I totally missed the time when these items were highly sought after and would love to be able to be a part of that.

    Stoner81.
    hey Stoner81, I would not increase the drop rate for my proposal. The rarity is part of the fun. I would love to be the only guy on the server with, say, a Legendary Sting.

    If they do not adopt this idea then yes, increase drop rates. But there would be little use in doing so since the items have mostly fallen behind even lootgen.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked level 4 soon)


  12. #12
    Community Member Stoner81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    The rarity is part of the fun.
    For you it might be but for a lot of folks it isn't also I think that the raid tokens should drop from all raids.

    Stoner81.

  13. #13
    Community Member AnEvenNewerNoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    675

    Default

    As long as we get a s/s/s trade in (like sands scrolls) or just finally effing make shards and seals unbound, I'M IN!

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    For you it might be but for a lot of folks it isn't also I think that the raid tokens should drop from all raids.

    Stoner81.
    perhaps just make sure they drop in all level 20-24 raids? That would include CiTW. The worst grind of the game is just doing epic xp quests heavily from 20-26 since there is almost nothing of endgame value in quests in that range. I am suggesting here a way to change that.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnEvenNewerNoob View Post
    As long as we get a s/s/s trade in (like sands scrolls) or just finally effing make shards and seals unbound, I'M IN!
    well, the initial idea of making them hard to get (no trade in and some shards (?) appearing in 20th reward list) is to make them more sought after as an endgame goal grind. You group with guildies to pass seals & shards (or box.)

    Right now, the s s s system is mostly defunct because the completed items are mostly not worth the grind. If an Legendary one were ground out with the raid tokens, and was a worthy 2nd tier endgame item, I think the grind would be fun. Especially because you would really only focus on these quests and raids when in the lower epics levels. My proposal gives you something endgame to do while doing lower epic quests.

    Once a player's character is closer to cap, they will be doing the newer content, ToEE, LGS etc. Currently, levels 20-25 are either 1) part of a ER grind, so Spies/Wiz king etc or 2) just a layaway until staying at cap. My proposal gives people a reason to run more than the XP hamster quests which are, to me, the worst grind of the game.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked level 4 soon)


  15. #15
    Community Member Robbenklopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    in front of Malmoe
    Posts
    997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    I hadn't seen it but great minds think alike!


    I simply do not understand why old, epic loot should be less attractive than the new Randomloot what's a pity. Aside from any development costs. All the old quests and raids are more or less over, but mostly in order to possibly hook from the list or to obtain the XP, whereas the items sadly exist or be disposed of. Much more happening with the most Randomloot indeed, but that formerly epic Namedloot could become increasingly important again and could be planned for a gearsetup, because its values were known and worthwhile to acquire if it had a new legendary status. So why let go? I don´t say that its abilities shpuld go through the Roof, but by its uniqueness it could still set spots. I can certainly imagine that this brings a breath of fresh air in the game for a long time. But i read once People with visions Need to see a doctor ....
    Last edited by Robbenklopper; 08-03-2016 at 04:54 AM.
    "It´s too late. Always has been - always will be. Too late"

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbenklopper View Post


    I simply do not understand why old, epic loot should be less attractive than the new Randomloot what's a pity. Aside from any development costs. All the old quests and raids are more or less over, but mostly in order to possibly hook from the list or to obtain the XP, whereas the items sadly exist or be disposed of. Much more happening with the most Randomloot indeed, but that formerly epic Namedloot could become increasingly important again and could be planned for a gearsetup, because its values were known and worthwhile to acquire if it had a new legendary status. So why let go? I don´t say that its abilities shpuld go through the Roof, but by its uniqueness it could still set spots. I can certainly imagine that this brings a breath of fresh air in the game for a long time. But i read once People with visions Need to see a doctor ....
    thx! And it is people sans vision that need a doc!

  17. #17
    Hero JOTMON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Orillia, Ontario
    Posts
    7,638

    Default

    bring on the Legendary content .. Legendary Tokens to upgrade the Epic level items.

    Chain flagging endgame content that discourages the quick and easy flag, run a couple times TR, then go again..
    We need something that will encourage players to want to stick around endgame and roll up alts to run it as well..


    Expand the story line and have Erandis Vol go around to all the previous house raids and enticing the help of all the old defeated bosses imbuing them with additional power as she experiments with ways to unlock her own Mark of Death.
    content that requires flagging 10 Raids in Legendary difficulty to unlock access to a new end raid.. (sure its a levelled up rehash.. but rehash with a purpose..)

    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ic-level-Raids


    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    ~snip~

    Still waiting for DDO to give us endgame content to run.

    give us a real flagging slugfest not a halfash flag a couple raids then TR while gaining XP, run a couple more then tr again.....
    Flagging all these Eberron raids could encompass 20 quests and 10 pre-raids (on Legendary difficulty).. just to open the access to Elandris Vol Legendary chain..
    ~ Flag all the raids on Legendary, then run all the raids on Legendary to flag for the end raid..

    Have it drop components for Legendary named items.. or even Sentient weapon components..
    storyline... Erandis Vol is still tryng to revive her mark of death and experimenting with various things and colluding with other entities...

    experimental items found ...craftable phylactery shards.. these shards are imbued with an unusual life force that desires to be formed into a weapon..
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ntient-Weapons
    Sentient Weapons that consume named items to unlock special effects...

    a grind that would encourage players to stay in the endgame range due to long flagging mechanics and farming components..
    While also giving players a reason to sacrifice their named items collected and to be recollected...
    Jotmon -
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 17/15,RC 14/30), Jotlock(HC 38/42,EC 36/36,IC 15/15, RC 0/30)..
    and several once viable raiding alts dumped into the packmule stables..

    Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Too bad I 'purchased' maximum character slots for my account, SSG has now chosen to cater the giveaway perks to benefit multiple freebie accounts instead of the paying customers.

  18. #18
    The Hatchery Wipey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,355

    Default

    Upgrades, yes. Tons of items have unique properties, unique appearances, even unique descriptions. Quite sad how 99% of "handcrafted" items are completely useless.
    Dunno, much like older quests are just "better", even "old" loot was just more fun.
    Now we have completely overpowered items churned out every new update ( while obsoleting everything from previous update lol ), boring items. There is no trading, dead server forums, just nothing.
    Reused garbage that just doesn't fit, just that someone can have "update" in their CV.

    But trading seals and shards ? Heck no. Basically free Esos or Spellstoring ring for every single mule is pretty sure way to kill any incentives why people run older content.

    Shahang (hjeal me), Wipekin (tempest), Nezhat (barbie) Ghallanda/Devourer

  19. #19
    Community Member Zzevel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    980

    Default

    Make them all tradeable, make them all auctionable
    Wait, can you hear it? Is it? The worlds smallest vio..nah... nevermind... it can't be, its too small..

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    bring on the Legendary content .. Legendary Tokens to upgrade the Epic level items.

    Chain flagging endgame content that discourages the quick and easy flag, run a couple times TR, then go again..
    We need something that will encourage players to want to stick around endgame and roll up alts to run it as well..


    Expand the story line and have Erandis Vol go around to all the previous house raids and enticing the help of all the old defeated bosses imbuing them with additional power as she experiments with ways to unlock her own Mark of Death.
    content that requires flagging 10 Raids in Legendary difficulty to unlock access to a new end raid.. (sure its a levelled up rehash.. but rehash with a purpose..)

    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ic-level-Raids

    For me this is a BIG NO. More high grind uber gear just trivializes the rest of the game

    Crafting Older Epic items to be comparable to current items is great.

    The old S/S/S items used to be the sought after power items. Now most of the items can easily be replaced with the MotU commendation items (Village, Druid, Cleric, PDK, Wizard ones not the CiTW/FoT coms).

    There is ALOT of great content that is already made and this thread has a proposal that would make people run more of that older content seems like a win/win.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload