Traveler of the Skies
    Minotaur Annihilator

Default Does the Loot Generator have a redundancy checker?

If so, it failed this time. Two identical effects for slightly different values. Pulled about 30 minutes ago.

Community Member AnEvenNewerNoob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frogger1234 View Post
    If so, it failed this time. Two identical effects for slightly different values. Pulled about 30 minutes ago.

Screenshot?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnEvenNewerNoob View Post
    Screenshot?
    I can see the pic. Fortunately such redundant combination is rather rare.
    Probably worth checking the combat log to see how it stacks

World Designer

It doesn't have a redundancy checker, however the tables are supposed to be organized so those types of combinations just don't exist. I will take a look at it.

Community Member

While you're in there please take a look at the Keen and Impact values. I have not seen a Keen II or Impact II item since the random loot system was changed. Those used to be among the more interesting things you could pull out of a random chest. The Keen III items were great. They had lottery style value for characters in the high teens because their damage was so consistently strong.

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

And also while you're in there, see if you can get Doubleshot off handwraps...
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by NoWorries View Post
    It doesn't have a redundancy checker, however the tables are supposed to be organized so those types of combinations just don't exist. I will take a look at it.
    For my 2 coppers worth, I don't care about pointlessly redundant random stuff; sometimes it's lame, other times it's funny like the old "Race Restricted: Warforged" Water Breathing items - but it all sells to the Vendors. (For those with immersion concerns: I saw the projects from this years Freshman metals shop class - I figure it's the same thing withthose odd items, gotta learn/make mistakes doing so... right?)

What I do care about is making sure things that are supposed to be there are. As an earlier poster mentioned: what happened to Keen/Impact values above "I?"

Is there even an actual player accessable list of what should be on the tables?

Just how is that "Gimmy loot for my class" UI option supposed to work (especially for a Multiclass), and does it?

Lastly, if I read correctly that there's some more loot changes coming with the Can-it Crafting update, does any of the above matter for more than another month; or will it all just get rehosed again then too?
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

incite is the new ghostbane.

Quote Originally Posted by LrdSlvrhnd View Post
    And also while you're in there, see if you can get Doubleshot off handwraps...
    No kidding. I pulled 5 of those in one day.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

It is magic and fantasy, this stuff happens. Not everything is good loot. In my case, 99.9% of it is not good loot.

This has existed for ages

I have a necklace of Underwater Action with 5 charges of Water Breathing for Warforged I bought at the Jewelry Broker from eons ago.

I also have Blindness Immunity Goggles with Remove Blindness and Feather Falling items that cast Feather Fall, but my favorite is the necklace.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt