Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default Legendary Bracers of Sun and Moon not working?

Hey guys...anyone else seeing this with items with guards? The bracers say 8d6 light,good,evil,dark damage on hit. I put these on my tank dwarf and I'm only seeing numbers like 3,5,7,1 etc... Is this a known bug? Any help appreciated.

We are aware of this issue with Guard effects. The damage dealt should be scaling based on the under the hood power values of the item but currently are instead always outputting the base amount (despite the tooltip of the effects displaying what should be the correct damage values). I'll and let you know when we have any updates on resolving it.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Bracers...e_Sun_and_Moon
    Heroic version not working either.

Quote Originally Posted by Holleyz View Post
    Think it's guards in general. I was wearing some deft boots of acid guard for a few days last week, they would supposedly do 4d6 acid damage, but I never seen a 2 digit number come off of them.

Bummer. Never payed attention enough to see if they worked right. Guess I'll have to swap back to my Guardian's Bracers, assuming Riposte actually works.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    The damage dealt should be scaling based on the under the hood power values of the item
    Wait ... can you explain what you mean by this statement and perhaps what the calculation is? Thanks.

Community Member

I'll and let you know when we have any updates on resolving it.
    Translating: We know but we don't care.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LagMonsterrrrrr View Post
    I can't help but imagine there's no response that would have pleased you besides "we already have it fixed no matter how complex it may have been and it will be hotfixed right this second we're bringing the servers down to do so!" apparently.

This kind of constant negativity and whining is what smothers community and helps kill games. There's always room for constrictive criticism and feedback - there is never space for endless complaining and purulent griping about every single word uttered with no reason for it at all.

Community Member

If it's good for players they hotfix in 2 days if not f*** you.

Quote Originally Posted by LagMonsterrrrrr View Post
    TBH ... watching over the last few days on the boards ... devs have been responding well to questions on the boards about various topics. I mean this dev responded on a saturday, which is great. The basic communication is that they know the issue and its on the to-do list. Sure it might not be fixed anytime soon, or at all, but hey, some response about their awareness is better than nothing.

2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Tlorrd View Post
    Wait ... can you explain what you mean by this statement and perhaps what the calculation is? Thanks.
    I'm assuming that what it means is that item abilities and enhancements are supposed to scale based on the minimum level of the item. In this case, this particular item ability/enhancement is not scaling to the appropriate level, but instead acting as if it were the first tier (i.e. - base level) version.

I'm just guessing based on how it was described that Cannith Crafting is supposed to work after the update, and a few other assorted comments from devs in various threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlorrd View Post
    Absolutely! I will warn you in advance that I am overly wordy and this could become incomprehensible.

You've likely heard the new random loot system introduced in U29 as containing "scaling effects" what this means, in a "how the sausage is made" kind of way, is as follows:

Previous to U29 each and every thing seen on an item was its own separate effect. Dexterity +2 was an entirely different effect than Dexterity +3. They were relatively simple effects that displayed a static tooltip and applied a specific bonus to the character wearing them. Random loot would pull from a (large) list of effects appropriate for the ML of the item to apply to it when generating it. This system required the dev team to create an entirely new effect every single time a new value of that attribute/stat was desired.

With U29 an entirely new list of effects was created. This list included what we internally refer to as "power" values. Every new item has four power values on it: Prefix Power, Suffix Power, Extra Power, and Extra 2 Power. These power values are simply a number that the other new effects (such as Dexterity) use to determine what value of their bonus they should apply to the character. Now, for instance, Dexterity +2 and Dexterity +3 are the exact same effect (assuming they are in the same slot of the item as there are actually 4 of each effect) but the item they are on have different power values. Random loot now applies power values from the range allowed by the items ML and then applies a single prefix slot effect, a single suffix slot effect, and possibly a single extra slot effect from a much smaller list. This stops the dev team from needing to constantly be making entirely new effects when making new loot. Instead they can simply set the power values they want before applying the effects they want while knowing that it will scale appropriately.

Does this all make sense?
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 07-17-2016 at 12:01 AM.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Absolutely! I will warn you in advance that I am overly wordy and this could become incomprehensible.

You've likely heard the new random loot system introduced in U29 as containing "scaling effects" what this means, in a "how the sausage is made" kind of way, is as follows:

Previous to U29 each and every thing seen on an item was its own separate effect. Dexterity +2 was an entirely different effect than Dexterity +3. They were relatively simple effects that displayed a static tooltip and applied a specific bonus to the character wearing them. Random loot would pull from a (large) list of effects appropriate for the ML of the item to apply to it when generating it. This system required the dev team to create an entirely new effect every single time a new value of that attribute/stat was desired.

With U29 an entirely new list of effects was created. This list included what we internally refer to as "power" values. Every new item has four power values on it: Prefix Power, Suffix Power, Extra Power, and Extra 2 Power. These power values are simply a number that the other new effects (such as Dexterity) use to determine what value of their bonus they should apply to the character. Now, for instance, Dexterity +2 and Dexterity +3 are the exact same effect (assuming they are in the same slot of the item as there are actually 4 of each effect) but the item they are on have different power values. Random loot now applies power values from the range allowed by the items ML and then applies a single prefix slot effect, a single suffix slot effect, and possibly a single extra slot effect from a much smaller list. This stops the dev team from needing to constantly be making entirely new effects when making new loot. Instead they can simply set the power values they want before applying the effects they want while knowing that it will scale appropriately.

Thanks so much, totally got it ... I was getting confused in thinking that there was some new super secret scaling of the damage effects of those specific bracers (like spell power would be added ) ... but I totally get what you mean by the new system. Thanks again.

What makes sense is that you actually respond to our annoying questions and we <3 you for it. Even saying something as simple as 'uh, yeah, we know that is borked' goes a long way. Thank you.
    Social justice w...arlock in Sarlona, leader of Scourge of Xaos
    OkarisRage, Barbarian doing racial past lives
    Noellal once bard archer now sad - Caldrick vol paladin - Lemish melee artificer

Community Member

Does this mean you have something to do with U29's atrocious assault on the English language?

Quote Originally Posted by Andu_Indorin View Post
    Does this mean you have something to do with U29's atrocious assault on the English language?
    We don't speak English here. We speak American!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hilltrot View Post
    We don't speak English here. We speak American!
    Lol, we speak cockney or pidgin mostly. 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfo View Post
    Lol, we speak cockney or pidgin mostly. 8)
    As a non-english native speaker, u29 really messed things up for me.
    Refurbished, favorable, what the heck is that?

Overcomplication of things is bad.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xahtep View Post
    As a non-english native speaker, u29 really messed things up for me.
    Refurbished, favorable, what the heck is that?

Overcomplication of things is bad.
    I can only imagine how confusing this grammatically and semantically awful English must be to the non-English native speakers.

Take the word "refurbished," for example. In normal usage, as the past participle of refurbish, it means something that has been brightened, freshened, or polished up again; something that has been renovated. It is most often used in reference to housing recently put on the market. So, if you should come across a Refurbished Ring offered for sale by Yorinda d'Phiarlan, you'll know that it will be a bright and shiny place to live when not hacking your way through a mob of abishai.

We could hope that the devs would use the opportunity of the proposed new crafting system to undo the damage they have wrought upon the English language, be it the Queen's or that of Uncle Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by Andu_Indorin View Post
    made me think of...

How English becomes German

The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the European Union rather than German, which was the other possibility.
    As part of the negotiations, the British Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5- year phase-in plan that would become known as "Euro-English".

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard "c" will be dropped in favour of "k". This should klear up konfusion, and keyboards kan have one less letter. There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with "f". This will make words like fotograf 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horibl mes of the silent "e" in the languag is disgrasful and it should go away.

By the 4th yer people wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "z" and "w" with "v".

During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou" and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav a reil sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand ech oza. Ze drem of a united urop vil finali kum tru.

Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German like zey vunted in ze forst plas.

If zis mad you smil, pleas pas on to oza pepl.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 30/42 , RC 36/39 , IC 12/21 , EC 29/48 , RP 95/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/42 , RC 0/39 , IC 15/21 , EC 36/48 , RP 36/158..favor toon)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/42 , RC 35/39 , IC 15/21 , EC 30/48 , RP 88/158)

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast