Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    made me think of...

How English becomes German

The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the European Union rather than German, which was the other possibility.
    As part of the negotiations, the British Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5- year phase-in plan that would become known as "Euro-English".

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard "c" will be dropped in favour of "k". This should klear up konfusion, and keyboards kan have one less letter. There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with "f". This will make words like fotograf 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horibl mes of the silent "e" in the languag is disgrasful and it should go away.

By the 4th yer people wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "z" and "w" with "v".

During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou" and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav a reil sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand ech oza. Ze drem of a united urop vil finali kum tru.

Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German like zey vunted in ze forst plas.

If zis mad you smil, pleas pas on to oza pepl.
    Haha, that's classic!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    Haha, that's classic!
    Sic! 8)

Quote Originally Posted by losian2 View Post
    I can't help but imagine there's no response that would have pleased you besides "we already have it fixed no matter how complex it may have been and it will be hotfixed right this second we're bringing the servers down to do so!" apparently.

This kind of constant negativity and whining is what smothers community and helps kill games. There's always room for constrictive criticism and feedback - there is never space for endless complaining and purulent griping about every single word uttered with no reason for it at all.
    Ha! Your mistake has been bolded.

Even if the response was we know what it is and fixed it, saying they brought the servers down would be met with incredulous complaints about how the person took that day off just to play DDO and now has nothing to do since the servers are down.
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    made me think of...

The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the European Union rather than German, which was the other possibility.
    As part of the negotiations, the British Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5- year phase-in plan that would become known as "Euro-English".

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard "c" will be dropped in favour of "k". This should klear up konfusion, and keyboards kan have one less letter. There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with "f". This will make words like fotograf 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horibl mes of the silent "e" in the languag is disgrasful and it should go away.

By the 4th yer people wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "z" and "w" with "v".

During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou" and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav a reil sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand ech oza. Ze drem of a united urop vil finali kum tru.

Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German like zey vunted in ze forst plas.

If zis mad you smil, pleas pas on to oza pepl.
    [Zomfreundliediting ... ]

In the 3rd year, publikakseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have always ben a deterent to akuratespeling. Also, al wil agre that the horiblmes of the silent "e" in the languagdisgrasful and it should go away.

During ze fifzyer, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou" and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav a reilsensiblriten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubleindifikultis and evrivunvil find it ezi tu understand echoza. Zedrem of a unitedurop vil finali kum tru.

Und efterzefifzyer, vevilalbespeking German like zeyvunted in zeforstplas.

Ifzismadyo smil, pleaspasontoozapepl.

Community Member

Was this ever fixed?

was this ever fixed??

Last time I checked https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-sun-and-moon? it was not...

Quote Originally Posted by Sharktopus View Post
    was this ever fixed??
    It has not yet been resolved, no.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    This has been a LOOOOOONNNNGGGG time broken for such an integral part of items effects. Given the appearance of such similarity to other scaling effects, one begins to wonder if this will either never be fixed, or isn't even on the main "to do" list. Update 29 was a year ago...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by NXPlasmid View Post
    This has been a LOOOOOONNNNGGGG time broken for such an integral part of items effects. Given the appearance of such similarity to other scaling effects, one begins to wonder if this will either never be fixed, or isn't even on the main "to do" list. Update 29 was a year ago...
    I agree. It would be nice to see this fixed. It's been awhile.

The initial change that caused it was a good re-organisation for item effects though.

People actually want to use that item? I always see it left in the end chest, im told its not worth looting as you cannot even decon it.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    People actually want to use that item? I always see it left in the end chest, im told its not worth looting as you cannot even decon it.
    If it worked as advertised the Heroic version could have use depending on your build. On Epic I expect there are a lot more options in that slot that would beat it out.

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconScout View Post
    If it worked as advertised the Heroic version could have use depending on your build. On Epic I expect there are a lot more options in that slot that would beat it out.
    Sounds kinda like ToD rings & wraps - (some) people still want it to work, regardless of how "useful" it is for "everyone?"
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

Please resolve!

Community Member StoddardSolomon's Avatar

Dude it's been over a year now ? Any ETA of when it'll be fixed ?

07-16-2016, 12:14 AM #2
    DDO QA Team

We are aware of this issue with Guard effects. The damage dealt should be scaling based on the under the hood power values of the item but currently are instead always outputting the base amount (despite the tooltip of the effects displaying what should be the correct damage values). I'll and let you know when we have any updates on resolving it.

YOU PEOPLE ARE AWARE SINCE JULY 16 AND STILL NO RESOLVE ? CANT YOU SEE HOW BAD THIS MAKES STANDING STONE/TURBINE OR WHOEVER IS RUNNING THE GAME NOW LOOK ?

Seriously...this is right down sad, the inability to address a bug that been going on for this long and affects direct gameplay specially with Reaper now.

Really how hard can it possibly be

Quote Originally Posted by StoddardSolomon View Post
    07-16-2016, 12:14 AM #2
    DDO QA Team

We are aware of this issue with Guard effects. The damage dealt should be scaling based on the under the hood power values of the item but currently are instead always outputting the base amount (despite the tooltip of the effects displaying what should be the correct damage values). I'll and let you know when we have any updates on resolving it.

YOU PEOPLE ARE AWARE SINCE JULY 16 AND STILL NO RESOLVE ? CANT YOU SEE HOW BAD THIS MAKES STANDING STONE/TURBINE OR WHOEVER IS RUNNING THE GAME NOW LOOK ?

Seriously...this is right down sad, the inability to address a bug that been going on for this long and affects direct gameplay specially with Reaper now.

Really how hard can it possibly be

They don't care, throw them away and give up on guards.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 30/42 , RC 36/36 , IC 12/21 , EC 29/36 , RP 85/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/42 , RC 0/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 36/36 , RP 36/158..favor toon)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/42 , RC 19/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 19/36 , RP 63/158)

Bump bump bump friggidy bump!

Guards are all over the place in random loot, crafted loot, and named items (like the bracers). There is no warning to unsuspecting players that these things do not work as described so everyone gets to experience the frustration of this '***' hassle when they try to actually use a guard item. I have kept a few of these around taking up inventory space with the impression that a bug of this magnitude would certainly be addressed in a timely manner.

Please add my voice to the growing murmurs of frustration about this. GRUMBLE! GRRRRR! GAH! RAWR!
    Short Fat Bald Guys of Khyber: Zyp, Klod, and a bunch of mules...

Quote Originally Posted by zyp View Post
    Bump bump bump friggidy bump!

Guards are all over the place in random loot, crafted loot, and named items (like the bracers). There is no warning to unsuspecting players that these things do not work as described so everyone gets to experience the frustration of this '***' hassle when they try to actually use a guard item. I have kept a few of these around taking up inventory space with the impression that a bug of this magnitude would certainly be addressed in a timely manner.

Please add my voice to the growing murmurs of frustration about this. GRUMBLE! GRRRRR! GAH! RAWR!
    I cannot express how frustrated I'm, everything I planned is ruined becouse of this stupid **** bug that been lasting so long.

It's so frustrating and EMBARASSING to play a game for over 8 years and be unable to just abandon it since I invested sooooo much, but then again see this kind thing where bugs just get pushed with the belly accross the updates and years.

The Kraken still has two large thathers with nothing to be placed on, my guess would be a LGS station but nothing ever got made, they keep pushing new updates and quests without fixing the timeless bugs that exist in DDO.

This is beyond frustrating

Why no dv say anything about this !!!!!?????

Bump

bump

bump

eternally ! ! !

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast