Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crystal cove

Community Member AnEvenNewerNoob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    Attacking does break the daze. However, if you have a good crit rate, you can often re-daze them repeatedly. Also, when I'm surrounded by mobs, I tend to just attack in a circle. So, I have a chance to daze them as I rotate and this can leave them dazed until I get back around to attacking them again. Finally, guard-breaking is awesome against casters because it interrupts their spells.
    That sounds pretty good. Going to pick one up for the pally.

Pally with a khopesh/holy sword/imp crit/ex smite etc. has a pretty decent crit rate.

Quote Originally Posted by AnEvenNewerNoob View Post
    That sounds pretty good. Going to pick one up for the pally.

Pally with a khopesh/holy sword/imp crit/ex smite etc. has a pretty decent crit rate.
    It is sick on a pally. I use mine on a scimi pally. Spamming cleaves, you can lock up whole groups.

Community Member AnEvenNewerNoob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sithhound View Post
    It is sick on a pally. I use mine on a scimi pally. Spamming cleaves, you can lock up whole groups.
    Yeah I was wondering if that proc'd on ex cleave.

Woo boy!

I'm a big fan of my wall of wood, but this sounds pretty damn good.

Community Member

Default The buckler is sick, brah!

Quote Originally Posted by AnEvenNewerNoob View Post
    So I'm just about sold on maybe picking up a swashbuckler for my S&B pally after hearing the love on here. (And once again my hoarding is rewarded since I won't even actually have to run cove to get one, or two, or three!)

Question to those who have used or use one, does attacking break the daze? And if so, how useful is the daze?

It seems like by the time you realize the mob is dazed you would already have attacked again and broken the daze.
    It's worth farming for a couple at least.

Community Member

Always get the Hat: +15 skill, +6 stat is great.
    And as the hat has kobold buffs on it, the skill and stat should be something you will use while running a challenge. eg,
    Melee: Seeker+6, jump+15 (900 Dragonshards)
    Spellcaster: Archmagi, Concentration+15 (950 Dragonshards)
    Bard: CHA+6, perform+15 (750 Dragonshards)
    All-purpose: WIS or DEX +6, jump+15 (750 Dragonshards)

2nd priority is the trinket. Mostly Nimble, permanent Blur is great. Otherwise Bold is OK and Stalwart too.
    (700 Dragonshards.)

I always get the endless flask of heals, but it's a lot of effort for not much reward until you've spent at least 3,600 dragonshards on it, at which point it becomes semi-useful, only becoming actually useful at 5,500 dragonshards, which is extreme.

Cost same on all the following items -
    Tier1 costs no Dragonshards at any level;
    Tier2 costs 100 Dragonshards at Lvl4, +100 for ever 4 levels above that
    Tier3 is 1,000 Dragonshards at Lvl4, goes up by 300 Dragonshards per 4 levels.

I like the Cutthroat's Smallblade, for a rogue. Don't use it much, but like to have it there.

Ring of the Buccaneer. I don't know if the Lvl20 & Lvl24 version are worth getting anymore, but you should get one each of the Lvl8, Lvl12 & Lvl16 versions. You can get the Tier1 version for no dragonshards and there's your underwater item with a skill bonus to swim built in. The Lvl12 & Lvl16 versions give you a +1 Luck bonus. Upgrade it if you have nothing else to spend the Dragonshards on, but the upgrades don't add much.

Treasure Hunter's Spyglass - this used to be my 3rd priority after getting the trinket, but I don't use it so much anymore. Mostly have Tharne's Goggles now for Lvl13+, and the spyglass is still OK-ish for below that. The Lvl16 Tier1 version costs no Shards and is a very easy way to get a True Seeing item with UMD+3 as well as Spot/Search bonuses. Same as the ring, upgrades not very useful.

Epic Cavalry Plate (Level 20) is nice to heave when you play barbs and epic TR.
    BowHealer - The "Healer with legendary CC"-project: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...h-legendary-CC
    The Dungeons and Dragons Webcomic THE ORDER OF THE STICK BY RICH BURLEW
    http://www.giantitp.com/comics/ootscast.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jiirix View Post
    Forgot about that one, but yeah as medium armour it's a pretty nifty one, and good for warlocks, warchanters & favoured souls too
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiirix View Post
    Just make sure you have a glamored skin handy because it is god awful ugly. lol. Not kidding though, this is probably the most unattractive armor in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by sithhound View Post
    Just make sure you have a glamored skin handy because it is god awful ugly. lol. Not kidding though, this is probably the most unattractive armor in the game.
    Yes, I prefer the look of the Deneith Heavy Chains. But it is only 2 levels until the Terrorweb Chitin Breastplate or 3 until Cormyrian Red Dragonscale or a Restored Giantcraft Breastplate.
    BowHealer - The "Healer with legendary CC"-project: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...h-legendary-CC
    The Dungeons and Dragons Webcomic THE ORDER OF THE STICK BY RICH BURLEW
    http://www.giantitp.com/comics/ootscast.html

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post
    I wish they would make the hats BtA not BtC. I love the look but I need them at various levels to be useful throughout a life and having that many hats per character just isn't worth the storage space.
    Did you know that if you buy the cheapest cove hat from ddo store its BtA. I have a few that i use to level up on TRs.

Quote Originally Posted by SirShen View Post
    Did you know that if you buy the cheapest cove hat from ddo store its BtA. I have a few that i use to level up on TRs.
    If that is WAI it's the best information on Crystal Cove ever. If it's bug... it'll probably get fixed soon as it is helpful to players.
    Social Justice W...arlock (5e toon)
    OkarisRage, big fat purple wolf (because no need to be a bear with the new epic defensive fighting feat-getting past lives of druid and pdk so my artificer is better <3)

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    If that is WAI it's the best information on Crystal Cove ever. If it's bug... it'll probably get fixed soon as it is helpful to players.
    Its not a bug - http://ddowiki.com/page/Treasure_of_...Cove_loot#Hats
    Last edited by SirShen; 06-30-2016 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    Not a bug, has been that way since day 1.

~Hats purchased from the DDO Store are Bound to Account (and remain Bound to Account when upgraded). ~

*..Ninja'd by sirshen..
    Jotmon -
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 17/15,RC 14/30), Jotlock(HC 38/42,EC 36/36,IC 15/15, RC 0/30)..
    and several once viable raiding alts dumped into the packmule stables..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Too bad I 'purchased' maximum character slots for my account, SSG has now chosen to cater the giveaway perks to benefit multiple freebie accounts instead of the paying customers.

Community Member RistoffDervish's Avatar

Another cool thing about the hats worth mentioning is that the Kobold Buffs on the hats work in the Cannith Challenges as well. I usually have haste on mine, but I also carry one with the fortification on it so if another member already has haste on their hat, I can swap mine in for another bonus type.

Ristoff is the leader of the Orien guild Arcane Alliance. Above is our airship "AA Krimson Kraken" with all the buffs and amenities.
    Send mail or a tell to Ristoff in-game and ask for an invitation. All players welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    I have a Deathward flask on one character. The problem I have with these flasks is they all put each other on cooldown. So, there's no point in having more than one flask of any kind on a character.
    Another option for Deathward are the pots you can get from Cleric Commendation turn ins in Eveningstar, they are ML1 and are CL20 so last 20 minutes plus I think it costs 1 Commendation per pot and the pots are unbound too!

Stoner81.

Community Member RistoffDervish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    Another option for Deathward are the pots you can get from Cleric Commendation turn ins in Eveningstar, they are ML1 and are CL20 so last 20 minutes plus I think it costs 1 Commendation per pot and the pots are unbound too!

Stoner81.
    I actually carry two of the 7 minute deathward clickies from Tangleroot end reward (Reaver's Goggles or something, mind is blank at the moment). They are non-exclusive and leave the cooldown on my heal pot alone.

Ristoff is the leader of the Orien guild Arcane Alliance. Above is our airship "AA Krimson Kraken" with all the buffs and amenities.
    Send mail or a tell to Ristoff in-game and ask for an invitation. All players welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post

Stoner81.
    This is a good point. I don't end up getting very many ES commendations (of any kind: Cleric, PDK, Villager, etc) and so I'm pretty stingy with using those pots. I do have some on a couple of characters, though, and use them from time to time. On my barbarian, I just happened to buy the eternal DW one from the remnant collector a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by RistoffDervish View Post
    I actually carry two of the 7 minute deathward clickies from Tangleroot end reward (Reaver's Goggles or something, mind is blank at the moment). They are non-exclusive and leave the cooldown on my heal pot alone.
    I do have a few of these and I take that as the chain reward whenever it's offered. I think I'm up to a total of 5 or 6 now. My problem is remembering to swap them from character to character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigErkyKid View Post
    Description: The arcane archer PrE seems to be designed to work only with bows. However, it is possible to attach its effects to other weapons with much greater rate of fire like shurikens (or crossbows).
    Bug.

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

I always enjoy CC.

The gear is still holding up for Heroics. All of the trinkets are useful - both to wear at low level and for upgrades. The Ring of the Buccaneer is night for swimming, the Spyglass is good for any rogue skills, the Cavalier Plate is handy heavy armor, so is the light armor for that matter, especially level 12 and lower, the hat is fun and unique for skill items.

The Dagger needs a revamp as do some of the weapons.

Not everyone has run this ad nauseum through the years and has everything out of it or fully upgraded. And some people have better luck with the RNG than others.
    The evolution of DDO: Stormreach to Eberron Unlimited to Dungeons & Dragons Online
    -1- -2- -3- -4- -5- -6- -7- -8- -9- -10 - -11- -12!! years & still spawning kobolds
    From Turbine to SSG, who are the devs anyway? DDO Peeps Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by Hafeal View Post
    I always enjoy CC.

The gear is still holding up for Heroics. All of the trinkets are useful - both to wear at low level and for upgrades. The Ring of the Buccaneer is night for swimming, the Spyglass is good for any rogue skills, the Cavalier Plate is handy heavy armor, so is the light armor for that matter, especially level 12 and lower, the hat is fun and unique for skill items.

The Dagger needs a revamp as do some of the weapons.

Not everyone has run this ad nauseum through the years and has everything out of it or fully upgraded. And some people have better luck with the RNG than others.
    The Cavalier Plate is only medium armor. I haven't used it on any of my characters in some time, but I may on my barbarian when I get him to 20. I do use the leather armor on my level 30 bard/ranger/rogue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigErkyKid View Post
    Description: The arcane archer PrE seems to be designed to work only with bows. However, it is possible to attach its effects to other weapons with much greater rate of fire like shurikens (or crossbows).
    Bug.

The level 20 Cutthroad's Smallblade is the best swordshort at that level.
    The level 24 version is easyer to obtain then some of the raid short swords (but not better).
    (If you're a PDK Swashbuckler this would be your goto shortsword from levels 12 and up due to expanded crit range.)

The Dualist Leather's are very nice, prob the better of the named leathers in many cases.

The Brigand's Cutlass is nice if you're a melee druid.

Overall, if you're swashbuckling crystal cove is your goto place for loot.

For every other class there at least is something there.

Just don't touch that dagger, it's both jinxed and cursed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast