Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Any reason why you are not using Draconic Presence (+3 PK DCs)?
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Bounty Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    Any reason why you are not using Draconic Presence (+3 PK DCs)?
    Ignorance, I never even noticed it gave +3 dc to fear-based spells. I appreciate it - I need to spend more time reading other build threads to see what else I am missing.

Thank you for pointing it out.

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    If going deep gnome, color spray is simply amazing and is practically free. It may not be the best cc in the game, but its a fun spell and effective.
    +1.

Color Spray is FRICKIN' AWESOME! And fun as all get-out.

And if it isn't the best CC in the game, it's way up there.

Just digging this up a little (I'm more used to necromancers, heh), and I'm curious how the skill breakdown works to get full trap skills despite being forced to take level 1 as a wizard. Otherwise, this build looks like an interesting change of pace to use when it comes time to start my completionist's Iconic TRs.
    .: Sarlona - High Lords of Malkier : Reaper Life 1, 2 , and 3 alumnus : My Twitch : Out and Proud :.
    .: Inamorata (Heroic x2/Epic Completionist) / Signalmixer (TR3) (Vorpal Queen) / Darkchylde-1 / Tenpercenter / Rashree (TR) / Groundloop : Plus so many others! :.

Bounty Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by TDarkchylde View Post
    Just digging this up a little (I'm more used to necromancers, heh), and I'm curious how the skill breakdown works to get full trap skills despite being forced to take level 1 as a wizard. Otherwise, this build looks like an interesting change of pace to use when it comes time to start my completionist's Iconic TRs.
    In my case I started out as pure 20 wizard and then later decided to splash 2 rogue levels since I didn't have room for a capstone while also getting archmage pk sla, deep gnome pk sla and pm lich form.

For etr you can also go into draconic and have the high dc and a little better dps against pk-immune enemies. The main difference between necro and illusion is you don't get wail with illusion. "No fail" means 92.5% success instead of 95% success since enemies get 2 saves. However, DC is much higher and the rotation of racial pk sla, archmage pk sla and unmeta'd standard pk spell (use it on low fort mobs) costs very few spell points. I keep a fully meta'd pk spell off to the side for emergencies, but it's super expensive due to 5 heighten levels so you will want to use it very sparingly. My necro and enchant dcs are still good enough I can use those as well.

There are some enemies immune to fear (which makes them immune to pk), fortunately they are often casters with low fort saves so finger works fine even with an illusion focus. I use wails on oozes and it's effective. There are a few enemies with higher saves against illusion vs. necro - most notably the kobold's in slavers.

If you take your rogue levels at level 2 and 15 with +5 or better tome and all level ups to int, this is your skill point by level

1) 28 [4 spellcraft (4), 4 heal (2), 4 search (2), 4 spot (2), 4 UMD (2), 4 Concentration (4), 4 Diplomacy (2)]
    2) 13 Rogue [ 5 Disable Device (5), 3 search (5), 5 open lock (5)]
    3) 7 [2 spellcraft (6), 2 disable (6), 2 search (6), 1 open lock (5.5)]
    4) 8 [1 spellcraft (7), 2 disable (7), 2 search (7), 3 open lock (7)]
    5) 8 [1 spellcraft (8), 2 disable (8), 2 search (8), 2 open lock (8), 1 spot (2.5)]
    6) 8 [1 spellcraft (9), 2 disable (9), 2 search (9), 2 open lock (9), 1 spot (3)]
    7) 8 [1 spellcraft (10), 2 disable (10), 2 search (10), 2 open lock (10), 1 spot (3.5)]
    8) 9 [1 spellcraft (11), 2 disable (11), 2 search (11), 2 open lock (11), 2 spot (4.5)]
    9) 9 [1 spellcraft (12), 2 disable (12), 2 search (12), 2 open lock (12), 2 spot (5.5)]
    10) 9 [1 spellcraft (13), 2 disable (13), 2 search (13), 2 open lock (13), 2 spot (6.5)]
    11) 9 [1 spellcraft (14), 2 disable (14), 2 search (14), 2 open lock (14), 2 spot (7.5)]
    12) 10 [1 spellcraft (15), 2 disable (15), 2 search (15), 2 open lock (15), 3 spot (9)]
    13) 10 [1 spellcraft (16), 2 disable (16), 2 search (16), 2 open lock (16), 3 spot (10.5)]
    14) 10 [1 spellcraft (17), 2 disable (17), 2 search (17), 2 open lock (17), 3 spot (12)]
    15) 16 Rogue [1 disable (18), 1 search (18), 1 open lock (18), 6 spot (18), 7 UMD (9)]
    16) 11 [2 spellcraft (19), 2 disable (19), 2 search (19), 2 open lock (19), 2 spot (19), 1 Heal (2.5)]
    17) 11 [1 spellcraft (20), 2 disable (20), 2 search (20), 2 open lock (20), 2 spot (20), 2 Heal (3.5)]
    18) 11 [1 spellcraft (21), 2 disable (21), 2 search (21), 2 open lock (21), 2 spot (21), 2 heal (4.5)]
    19) 11 [1 spellcraft (22), 2 disable (22), 2 search (22), 2 open lock (22), 2 spot (22), 2 heal (5.5)]
    20) 12 [1 spellcraft (23), 2 disable (23), 2 search (23), 2 open lock (23), 2 spot (23), 3 heal (7)]

There is some wiggle room between heal and UMD. It's fairly easy to fit in the 5 important things and 2 less important things with all the skill points an int build gets. Since most non-mechanic rogues are dex builds now you will end up with higher search/disable skills than most rogues as long as you have the appropriate swap gear.

At later levels you can go with UMD instead of heal.
    Last edited by slarden; 12-13-2016 at 01:30 PM.

Community Member

How do you craft +7 insightful when max lvl is 30? And where is your +4 quality illusion coming from?
    Last edited by capsela; 07-20-2017 at 09:03 PM.

Bounty Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by capsela View Post
    How do you craft +7 insightful when max lvl is 30? And where is your +4 quality illusion coming from?
    With Cannith Crafting you can craft +7 insightful by making the effective level 34 which still has a min level of 30. In my case the +7 insightful comes from my LGS tier 2 and I have +2 exceptional in my tier 3.

The Quality int +4 comes from a crafted Slavers item along with the +17 int.

This build needs to be updated for reaper. The main difference is that I won't go PM which opens up alot of AP.

Default Hi Slarden

With Cannith Crafting you can craft +7 insightful by making the effective level 34 which still has a min level of 30. In my case the +7 insightful comes from my LGS tier 2 and I have +2 exceptional in my tier 3.

The Quality int +4 comes from a crafted Slavers item along with the +17 int.

This build needs to be updated for reaper. The main difference is that I won't go PM which opens up alot of AP.
    So did you rejig things for reaper? I have never played a Wiz, so just looking for an easy way in, I have deep gnome now so will try a couple of wiz DG lives. I guess low reaper will be the thing so will have to work on healing options.

If you are able to post an outline it would be great. I will prob be relying on CC for my gear as I do not own slavers as yet.

cheers
    G-land
    Main characters, Tymout, Tymkul, Tymbom, Tymantha etc...

Bounty Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by skorpeon View Post
    So did you rejig things for reaper? I have never played a Wiz, so just looking for an easy way in, I have deep gnome now so will try a couple of wiz DG lives. I guess low reaper will be the thing so will have to work on healing options.

If you are able to post an outline it would be great. I will prob be relying on CC for my gear as I do not own slavers as yet.

cheers
    Yes I am archmage and Harper now instead since the healing nerf makes pm less desirable especially for leveling. I use scrolls and cocoon to self heal. I will update the build shortly I want to make the write up more leveling focused. It also has empasis on charms and cc in addition to illusion. For reaper leveling cc and random loot is good.
    Last edited by slarden; 07-25-2017 at 03:44 PM.

Very nice quik questions

How much more could you get out of it or what would you change with monk splash instead

Just thinking could open up options quik swapping jidz in between fights max heal amp and other things

And did you ever test out elusive target instead of hellball with this build seems like a solid option
    Last edited by mr420247; 07-25-2017 at 05:14 PM.
    Damonz Cannith

Bounty Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by mr420247 View Post
    Very nice quik questions

How much more could you get out of it or what would you change with monk splash instead

Just thinking could open up options quik swapping jidz in between fights max heal amp and other things

And did you ever test out elusive target instead of hellball with this build seems like a solid option
    A monk splash is superior in every way except for the trapping. With a monk splash you could take dodge and mobility + get 10 healing amp for 1 AP, but with reaper xp being a thing the trapping is a really nice ability to have to boost rxp. As an int build its easy to get the needed skill points and max out search/disable.

The build was made when hellball was over-performing. Elusive Target might be better for reaper, but I haven't changed anything yet. I definitely use hellball less now so your point is excellent.

True but with an arti pass now there everywhere so someone should trap for you or the epic hires actually aint half bad for once

been considering taking the build into epics when ravenloff hits just not sure if master of forms would be enough or if grandmaster would be worth it

On an avg of r8 what is the difference in 1 shots between 33 dodge and 40 dodge need sum math help with that problem

Still trying to figure out how to get enough self healing too if you can get sun elf to work reliably or aasimar when they hit then def winners
    Damonz Cannith

any thoughts on gear, looking at the lammania boards? lots of illusion items, not sure where to fit them

Bounty Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by painkiller3 View Post
    any thoughts on gear, looking at the lammania boards? lots of illusion items, not sure where to fit them
    I will take a look soon - ty for the heads up.

I will take a look soon - ty for the heads up.
    hey have u checked new stuff? i would say only goggles would change, and maybe due to that some crafting which i didn't check sorry xD https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Legend...yte%27s_Lenses

also for filigrees... what about

eye of the beholder int, mrr, universal spell power, and will save
    inevitable grave int, negative hamp, negative spell power
    eye/grave 2 int

that would be 4 int, 2 necro dc + 2 all dc (which i dunno if it stacks with the necro from before btw lol) + other **** like mrr which won't stack due to being over the cap and... stuff
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Community Member

Looking forward to trying wizard out again any thought on changes to the build with the Pale Master and Magister update?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12