Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Default Awesome build

I've recently returned to the game after a lengthy absence and have to say I'm loving this build. Fits my playstyle and needs very well. I enjoy group content but also end up running a fair amount of quests solo. In a group yesterday someone made the comment "pretty good trap skills for a Paladin".

I'm wondering if anything has changed in the game since this build was posted that "newish" players like me should be aware of going forward? Or can I continue to stick to it as a template?

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grhuff View Post
    I'm wondering if anything has changed in the game since this build was posted that "newish" players like me should be aware of going forward? Or can I continue to stick to it as a template?
    There are more deity options, but if you've already started playing, it's a little late to change that. Unless you haven't hit paladin level 6 yet, in which case you can talk to Fred to swap. Take a look at the level 6 abilities to see if there's something you'd like instead of Unyielding Sovereignty.

The Knight's Training feat improves a bunch of weapons which you can use instead of (or in addition to) khopeshes. It can be taken at level 6 instead of the Dragonmark.

https://ddowiki.com/page/Knight%27s_Training

One of the dilemmas of this build is choosing between light armor for Evasion or heavy armor for extra PRR and Greater Defensive stance bonuses. But when you get to epics, you can use the Epic Defensive Fighting feat which provides the same bonus HPs as Tenacious Defense, which gives you the option of either using light armor or taking Strong Defense instead.

https://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Defensive_Fighting
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    The Knight's Training feat improves a bunch of weapons which you can use instead of (or in addition to) khopeshes. It can be taken at level 6 instead of the Dragonmark.

https://ddowiki.com/page/Knight%27s_Training
    Thanks for this insight. I basically swapped the khopesh feat for Knight's Training by only adjusting the order of the feat selection. And I was planning to mainly use longswords for the look/feel so this variation suits me so far.

What do you guys suggest for Paladin spell selection by level for this build? Divine Favor is probably high on the list and a must-have for L1. But not sure about other spells or levels since we can make use of wands and potions and gear for other buffs.
    Last edited by grhuff; 04-11-2019 at 04:21 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12