Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    19

    Default New Loot Thrown Weapons Alignment Damage is 1d6 Max

    As far as I can tell every returning thrown weapon with alignment damage effects does 1d6 alignment damage regardless of it's described damage (good 4d6, law 3d6, etc.). Am I wrong here? Is the damage just not appearing in the log?
    Last edited by Ferrell_Redhill; 05-22-2016 at 09:17 PM.

  2. #2
    Community Member RD2play's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    It is all new RGL weapons, sorry but you are late to the party!
    G-land, Balistas Magicas, Bashukar Bloodaxe, Kobur Curse of Dragon, Necromatix

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RD2play View Post
    It is all new RGL weapons, sorry but you are late to the party!
    That is not true for me. I just tested it with a chaotic greatsword.

  4. #4
    Hero Phoenix-daBard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrell_Redhill View Post
    That is not true for me. I just tested it with a chaotic greatsword.
    Last I checked you couldn't throw a greatsword.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    11,117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrell_Redhill View Post
    As far as I can tell every returning thrown weapon with alignment damage effects does 1d6 alignment damage regardless of it's described damage (good 4d6, law 3d6, etc.). Am I wrong here? Is the damage just not appearing in the log?
    Got the same issue with a Smoldering 2 returning hammer, so not just alignment damage.

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    Got the same issue with a Smoldering 2 returning hammer, so not just alignment damage.
    I just tried a smoldering 3 hammer with the same results, 1d6 fire damage.

  7. #7
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    844

    Default

    I have heard two conflicting things on the topic of new random loot not breaking damage reduction.

    On one hand, I was told by one of the developers in a Players' Council IRC chat that they knew about this issue, and that there were no plans to correct it. That could mean that either they want to correct it, but they hadn't put it on the schedule yet, or it could mean that they plan to not correct it. The dev didn't elaborate on which of the two things it was.

    Several weeks later, I saw that someone else from Turbine (I forget who, maybe Cordovan, but I'm not positive) say that they are aware of the issue, and will be figuring out how to correct it.

    I haven't heard or seen any official word on this topic, either way. But I really hope they do get it fixed.

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix-daBard View Post
    Last I checked you couldn't throw a greatsword.
    I bet the Stormreaver can.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload