Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default No Save UberHulk attack that makes you helpless...

I thought we all agreed that these "no save" character debilitating attacks were not good.

Or maybe there is a saving throw and I missed it in my combat logs?
    Dorian

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    I thought we all agreed that these "no save" character debilitating attacks were not good.

I have not noticed a ice roll when they use Confused Gaze. Which is an odd name as it can effect you when running away from them.

It also looks like they run after dead characters?

Had a dead character running away to take a rez... it looked like they followed him while he was dead.
    Dorian

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

It also looks like they run after dead characters?

Had a dead character running away to take a rez... it looked like they followed him while he was dead.
    A lot of mobs have been doing that for a couple updates now.

As far as Umber Hulks, I need to run the quests some more to see, it looked like their eyes glowed right before the gaze attack. Maybe blocking when you see the glow stops the stun?

Now I didn't recall a saving throw on my paladin (Highest save character) but I did get stunned.

I did check and it appears to be treated as a spell as it took charges from my spell absorption items.

I also know that my Lich form wizard was not stunned, so it appears that it effects living and not undead.

Now I'm not against no-save stun effects - Not in favor of them being spammed. But as players we do have tools to deal with this be it with a Monks Grasp of the Dragon buff, or spell absorption. These are not insurmountable challenges we already have the tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    I also know that my Lich form wizard was not stunned, so it appears that it effects living and not undead.
    Yes, undead traits grants immunity against it.
    Same should be true for elemental forms.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

spell absorption does work vs them. one charge on jeweled cloaks and 8 on pale lavender.

If it's a gaze attack, ideally you could look away to avoid it like with medusa stone gaze.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    If it's a gaze attack, ideally you could look away to avoid it like with medusa stone gaze.
    I wonder if the Mirror Shield would work? Will have to pull that out of a cache and give it a try.

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Spell resistance seems to work, at least it did yesterday before the hotfix
    G-land, Balistas Magicas, Bashukar Bloodaxe, Kobur Curse of Dragon, Necromatix

I think it must be another bug with this update.

The fortitude saving throw against the spell/attack is not working.

It makes no sense NOT to have a saving throw before your character is rendered helpless.
    Dorian

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    that does not work nor does shield blocking. i was testing it.

Community Member

I agree. They also have good range.

We dealt with it fascinating then freezing.

It is not impossible, but it does feel a bit cheap.

There isn't really much of an strategy to me lee them as they spam their attack. Trying to stun them is almost guaranteed failure if they are attacking you since the gaze goes off very quickly.

I agree that a medusa type of attack would have been better than this. I don't like auto fail stuff that has no good active mechanic to counter it. Here you cc the from the distance and deal with them slowly. Yet another mechanic that favors ranged combat.
    Quote Originally Posted by retrojet View Post
    Why are there entire pure classes still that are completely unusable [...]. Why are there entire trees that no one will ever invest in? Why are there entire destinies that no one will ever play in? Why aren't these questions even on the developer radar screen?

Uberhulk, I love it! Sound like an OP hulk!
    Start cross server trading and profit!
    Characters: Grandern Marn / Yazmirr Grezztl / Vexir Bristleblade / Zappinaizah Subatrumpf Server: Orien Guild: Faca na Caveira
    New to the Orien server? Type "/joinchannel Titan" into the chat window and join some lively DDO discussion! Happy to help out with any questions.

Default I might be mistaken BUT...

it seemed they telegraphed the move. First they stopped, then the eyes glowed and if I was behind them I did not get hit. Maybe a cone in the direction they are facing?

It was brutal for the ones they were facing though.
    I am often cynical and say mean things. It's a WAI "Feature". Mokune (Guild Leader of Pandora's Box on Khyber), Iquitz, Returning, Thaumat, Ketzerisch, Xhiron, Koanoak et al...

I ran the new quest on heroic normal on Lama at level with a BF fighter, only 3 past lives for 36 point build and cabinet loot using all named gear. I thought the Umber Hulk's spammed their daze attack too much. Every fight I had with them I was dazed constantly. I wasn't sure if it was because I was playing a fresh character with throw together gear, but wasn't impressed that Umber Hulk's seemed to be a 2 attack mob. I did chalk up the constant dazes as not knowing how the monster uses its attacks and low saves. Eventually I'll see how it is now it's Live on a better geared character.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Again, there are a lot of tools in a players golf bag that they can use to avoid this...

1. They telegraph the stun attack
    2. Appears to be a cone cast in front of them
    3. Spell like ability - Subject to Spell Resistance
    4. Spell like ability - Subject to Spell Absorption
    5. Tactical abilities - Stun, SAP, Trip and Charge
    6. Disabling weapon effects - Paralyze, Slowburst etc.
    7. Movement - Umberhulk needs to stand still to use this ability same as a Basilisk

Umberhulks were meant to be tough and trying to do them solo is meant to be risky at all levels.

anyone try the monk finisher to resist it? earth light earth
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked level 4 soon)

It is only a 3 sec stun guys.... not a 12 sec no save arti ranged stun that gets spammed !
    G-land, Balistas Magicas, Bashukar Bloodaxe, Kobur Curse of Dragon, Necromatix

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast