Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Micki's Delirium
    2014 DDO Players Council

Default Kudos to Cordovan

I might not always agree with your moderation decisions, but I've always admired your strength. You take **** from the fan base pretty much constantly, and you still manage to stay strong.

So, I would like to raise a glass to Cordovan today. Skål!

P.S. Yes, yes, I know I will get laughed at for this, but I'm having a moment.
    Read my blog: Micki's Delirium
    Follow me on Twitter: @DDOMicki
    YouTube: Thazara ofOrien
    Join Orien Raiding: Orien Raiding Discord

Community Member

Default Second that emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Micki View Post
    I might not always agree with your moderation decisions, but I've always admired your strength. You take **** from the fan base pretty much constantly, and you still manage to stay strong.

So, I would like to raise a glass to Cordovan today. Skål!

P.S. Yes, yes, I know I will get laughed at for this, but I'm having a moment.
    Well said. In my view, Cordovan performs exceptionally in a job I wouldn't have for a big clock.

Community Member

Best troll thread of the year!

Quote Originally Posted by Micki View Post
    ...Cordo....
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Micki's Delirium
    2014 DDO Players Council

I was actually serious.
    Read my blog: Micki's Delirium
    Follow me on Twitter: @DDOMicki
    YouTube: Thazara ofOrien
    Join Orien Raiding: Orien Raiding Discord

I think of what he does as customer service. And when in customer service you basically getting paid to deal with the **** of others, good and bad, and horrible. If you can't deal with it, get out of the business.

So I won't thank him for doing a job he is paid for and chooses to do. I will say good job though in choosing turbine since you played and liked ddo before getting the job to begin with.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mudfud View Post
    I think of what he does as customer service. And when in customer service you basically getting paid to deal with the **** of others, good and bad, and horrible. If you can't deal with it, get out of the business.

So I won't thank him for doing a job he is paid for and chooses to do. I will say good job though in choosing turbine since you played and liked ddo before getting the job to begin with.
    I think he should take his job more seriously, and ban people that violate the forum's rules. Then, when they come back complaining about it, he should tell them to grow a thicker skin.

Cheers.

That little French speaking bit in Switzerland

Agreed.

I'm a theoretical physicist. (I realize that will be read with outright disbelief. Pm me, i'll link my papers). Most people think that's hard.

When I look at the job he has, I say 'wow, that's really hard'.

I do wish for more communication from the producer level at this point, however...
    Let's be honest: you don't care who my alts are.
    They are all gimp and I'm cool with that.

Quote Originally Posted by RoberttheBard View Post
    I think he should take his job more seriously, and ban people that violate the forum's rules. Then, when they come back complaining about it, he should tell them to grow a thicker skin.

Cheers.
    Oh yeah definately. It's a two way street. Can't be mad at him for doing his job. If customers don't like it take there business elsewhere or deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by tkscience View Post
    Agreed.

I'm a theoretical physicist. (I realize that will be read with outright disbelief. Pm me, i'll link my papers). Most people think that's hard.

When I look at the job he has, I say 'wow, that's really hard'.

I do wish for more communication from the producer level at this point, however...
    Oh yeah!?

Keep the weasels out of the collider!

jk jk...I do CT and X-Ray...but cosmology and classical mechanics interest me so much. Cool to see an actual scientist is a gamer too.
    "Hireling" and "Hjealer"
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by mudfud View Post

Do you thank a Waitress/Waiter when they bring you a refill or your dinner? That is their job, but most decent people thank them. Have know Cord since before his Turbine position, I think he is one of the nicest folks out there and I am grateful he does his job so well. I can also say that he is much more understanding than previous folks that did his job.

So I agree, Thank You Cord, I miss running with you and the old pod cast, but Turbine did get a great one in you.
    It is ok to hate me, I don't like me most of the time.
    The Harsh Reality is "we both believe we are right"
    People are strange
    Relax, it is a game to be enjoyed.

Community Member

C is thrust into an impossible position by Turbine. A forum moderator needs to be a faceless and impartial position, almost a "force of nature". Putting him also into a public customer relations role is not a good idea. You cannot be a friendly face real human and an efficient and impartial moderator at the same time. This is really not rocket science, but CSR/PR 101, but well, Turbine... I certainly do not envy his job. It must be really tough at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Algreg View Post
    C is thrust into an impossible position by Turbine. A forum moderator needs to be a faceless and impartial position, almost a "force of nature". Putting him also into a public customer relations role is not a good idea. You cannot be a friendly face real human and an efficient and impartial moderator at the same time. This is really not rocket science, but CSR/PR 101, but well, Turbine... I certainly do not envy his job. It must be really tough at times.
    i know we don't have them anymore, but i enjoyed the kommunity kobold and the cube. it made moderation faceless and a little bit more "fun"?
    main toons: Cerrsi(silly caster/xbow) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    i know we don't have them anymore, but i enjoyed the kommunity kobold and the cube. it made moderation faceless and a little bit more "fun"?
    The Cube is gone?

Are you sure? >:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    The Cube is gone?

Are you sure? >:-)
    is anything really sure in this world?

havn't seen the cube in ages. i want to say since tarrent left no cube.
    main toons: Cerrsi(silly caster/xbow) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly melee)

Quote Originally Posted by tkscience View Post
    Condolences on your recently deceased weasel.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    is anything really sure in this world?

havn't seen the cube in ages. i want to say since tarrent left no cube.
    Last post was in September.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    that link goes nowhere for me

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Algreg View Post
    I completely agree. I wonder if this position is due to silliness or not enough DDO staff. I suspect the latter. While anyone can criticize, I would NEVER take this position because of the public face. I just hope he has a thick skin and doesn't end up needing therapy because of all the idiots.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast