Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Update 31 on Lamannia!

Lamannia is now open with a preview of Update 31: Gnomework! Click here for the Lamannia Release Notes, which will change over time.

Couple of notes:

• Unfortunately, the Lamannia Character Copy tool is not functioning, and we continue to work to get it back into operation. So, no character copy, but also no character wipe this time around.
    • Ignore the text in the Lamannia launcher claiming to be from Middle Earth. Wat?
    • Two of the three quests are currently available, Good Intentions and Search and Rescue.
    • The Fighter Kensei has several text bugs, and may see further work on mechanics.
    • I will be on Lamannia from 3:00 - 5:00 PM Eastern today to help folks out in the Test Dojo.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The Fighter Kensei has several text bugs, and may see further work on mechanics.
    I noticed in the release notes that the new Opportunity Attack wasn't listed in Tier 4. Kensei was already on the low end of Tier 4 abilities at only having 3 (most trees appear to have all 5). Critical Damage was removed from Tier 4 and merged into Critical Mastery at Tier 3. So that leaves Weapon Group Specialization and one Stat enhancement at Tier 4. There was also a secret enhancement for Tier 4 in the works, but that's not in the notes either. You mention that there may be further work on mechanics, does that mean that there may be more abilities coming, or do you mean that the abilities listed are what we're getting but those may be modified further?
    Quote Originally Posted by vyvy3369 View Post
    "Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.
    - Henry Jones, Sarlona
    All done with Completionist (again) and Epic Completionist. First character to 30 on Sarlona* (before the rollback).

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by vyvy3369 View Post
    I noticed in the release notes that the new Opportunity Attack wasn't listed in Tier 4. Kensei was already on the low end of Tier 4 abilities at only having 3 (most trees appear to have all 5). Critical Damage was removed from Tier 4 and merged into Critical Mastery at Tier 3. So that leaves Weapon Group Specialization and one Stat enhancement at Tier 4. There was also a secret enhancement for Tier 4 in the works, but that's not in the notes either. You mention that there may be further work on mechanics, does that mean that there may be more abilities coming, or do you mean that the abilities listed are what we're getting but those may be modified further?
    Yes, Opportunity Attack isn't in the build yet. Further work means additions and refinement.
    Join us on Twitch!

Default So no progress on Cannith Crafting?

I have been waiting for this update with baited breath and am disappointed that Cannith is still not receiving the pass suggested before Update 30

Community Member

I see no big correction to the new Random Loot System. That is to say, instead of good old English, the new loot system will continue to be in Thesaurus-ese.

Can we expect any changes of the atrocious language use in the new Random Loot System? I would volunteer my services as a copy editor!

And ditto the Cannith crafting. Any hopes in the future?

Still, I am very much looking forward to the Kensei

I particularly liked seeing

The DDO Store Crashing Game
    - Hope to hear if this does fix the issue for those that have been experiencing this problem

The Default setting for Volume added to the Settings
    - I'm ok with setting the default to 75% but for me just having the ability to set its default is the big winner in my book

Of course yesterday I just did a reincarnation of my Deep Gnome - now I'll have to ER with Update 31 just to see the new beard options

I'm not sure what is meant by the projectile offset... I do know that my Gnome seems to be able to grab on lower then the top edge of stuff when I climb, is this what is meant? or is using a bow/throwing weapon have the starting point higher like its starting point is above a Gnomes head - Sorry I have only played a wizard as a Gnome and obviously was not paying attention when I needed to pull out something to throw at a lever/switch.

Only had a couple minutes to log on and check things out, but there are a few things that stood out right away:

- Kensei, Tier 2 Enhancement titled "Conditioning". The Fortification bonus does not seem to apply at all
    - loads of string table errors in the description text for a lot of the new items
    - Every existing thing in my inventory and most everything on my hotbars has a numeral 1 superimposed in the middle of it

Last edited by DagazUlf; 04-28-2016 at 02:46 PM.
    "The sword itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with swords."

Quote Originally Posted by DagazUlf View Post
    - Everything existing thing in my inventory and most everything on my hotbars has a numeral 1 superimposed in the middle of it
    This must be some kind of timer-related thing. If you activate an ability with a cool-down, the 1 is removed from that ability. However, everything else on your hotbars regains the 1 if it had been removed.
    "The sword itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with swords."

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Lamannia is now open with a preview of Update 31: Gnomework! Click here for the Lamannia Release Notes, which will change over time.

Couple of notes:

• Unfortunately, the Lamannia Character Copy tool is not functioning, and we continue to work to get it back into operation. So, no character copy, but also no character wipe this time around.
    • Ignore the text in the Lamannia launcher claiming to be from Middle Earth. Wat?
    • Two of the three quests are currently available, Good Intentions and Search and Rescue.
    • The Fighter Kensei has several text bugs, and may see further work on mechanics.
    • I will be on Lamannia from 3:00 - 5:00 PM Eastern today to help folks out in the Test Dojo.
    So Umber Hulks have been added to the existing quest, Temple of Elemental Evil, but do not appear in any of the three new quests? Does that mean we might get Myconids in the TOEE end fight some day?

omg. how exciting - new beards are available!!!! yay.

I might need to reincarnate some of my characters, finally using my lesser reincarnation hearts. I am tempted to go onto lammania to see these new beards.

I do not have gnome yet, but wow - that is awesome that 6 new beards have been made available.

Quote Originally Posted by DagazUlf View Post
    This must be some kind of timer-related thing. If you activate an ability with a cool-down, the 1 is removed from that ability. However, everything else on your hotbars regains the 1 if it had been removed.
    Actually, to go along with this, swapping clothing items on the hotbars is not working correctly. If you slightly jiggle your hot bar around, then you can switch items, but then to switch back you have to jiggle your whole hotbar around again. Something is, what's the technical word... wonky?

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post
    So Umber Hulks have been added to the existing quest, Temple of Elemental Evil, but do not appear in any of the three new quests? Does that mean we might get Myconids in the TOEE end fight some day?
    They're also in at least some of the new content.
    Join us on Twitch!

It is cool that umber hulks were added to an existing quest.

but yes, it would be very cool to see myconids added to TOEE in the future. I would like to see Zuggtmoy's army of fungi debut.

with gnomes, it is even more compelling that mushrooms should be featured in future updates.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post

Community Manager

So, the new hide armor has an...interesting...look that takes minimalism to a new level. The correct art asset is incoming.
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by cordovan View Post
    so, the new hide armor has an...interesting...look that takes minimalism to a new level. The correct art asset is incoming.
    ssoidh
    Steve Howe was voted "Best Overall Guitarist" in Guitar Player magazine five years in a row (1977–1981) and in 1981 was the first rock guitar player inducted into the Guitar Player Hall of Fame.

Any chance of new illusion DC spells [check any of the 30 threads for suggestions] with the next iteration or in a patch? The pack is called GnomeWork! and the lack of iillusion spells (only 2 DC ones in game) is why [illusionist] gnomes don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Release Notes
    Character Bios can now be up to 1200 characters.
    Any chance of adding a player-only viewable "Account Bio Tab" of 1200 characters that is the same across all characters per server account? For those who play from different computers or don't want to pull up notepad but want to keep tabs on who has what item or shadowcrypt directions or builds or reminders ...?
    DDO 2019: ALL SHARN TOWERS - ALL THE TIME.

Default Chatacter copy

when will character copy be up?
    tepidus flamma of amicitia mos usquequaque persevero ustulo in nostrum pectus pectoris pro totus infinitio

Default My two cents on the new quests...

Greetings!
    Spoiler Alert:

Search and Rescue
    * I enjoyed this new quest overall. It had a new feeling to it.
    * I think I may have fought every monster in the DDO Forgotten Realms except Giants and Shadovar in this quest, and that is ok by me.
    * The music and ambiance was enjoyable.
    * There was no map in the Drow Underground optional.
    * The surprise floor was a good laugh.
    * For the one and done first time bonus crowd the xp was ok, but for the xp/min group this quest will likely not be run if the xp remains the same, and that would be unfortunate as it is a really nice quest.
    * Can the landing spot in ES when you recall from the quest be A LOT closer to the quest giver, please?
    * The loading screen for the quest is currently "The House of Death Undone". Given the Drow optional I guess it's ok, but without doing the optional, it not really intuitive.
    * That dead thing, kind of hidden in that corner. Is that the next monster that we will be fighting?

Good Intentions
    * I really wanted to like this quest, but I just could not change my mindset from, here we are, reusing yet another quest. I vote for NOT doing this anymore.
    * Summoning the Mabar creature was humorous, but someone REALLY does seem to have an obsession. Less is more with her.
    * The loading screen for the quest is currently "The House of Death Undone" also.
    * The various *new* inanimate objects were humorous.

Kensai Changes
    * I am not normally a melee player, so I do not have a lot of insight on this topic.
    * I have a cleric/fighter/rogue hybrid I would have ported over to try some of the changes and provide insights, but I am not comfortable enough with the tree to create and comment on this topic with a new alt.

In Closing
    Perhaps I need to change my mentality about a pack usually being a close knit group of quests exploring a particular region or topic. There is a scope of *THIS is an update* that comes with that. Perhaps this is the *resources were busy with the data center move issues, so please take that into consideration Update*.

I eagerly look forward to Cannith Crafting, whenever it comes. For the record, I'd gladly pay for another CITW-like expansion if it would provide a coherent set of quests and a raid that are all new, made with the same care and quality, exploring a continent on Eberron, elsewhere in the Forgotten Realms, or where ever the amazing development team at DDO takes us.

Franghasea

can you give us an update on the status of the cannith crafting pass?

Quote Originally Posted by Nachomammashouse View Post
    can you give us an update on the status of the cannith crafting pass?
    "The Cannith crafting revision will be ready when it's ready."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast