Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Downtime Notice: Wednesday, April 20th 1:00 - 3:00 PM Eastern

UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened! Thank you, and we'll see you in the game.

We will be bringing the game worlds down for maintenance at 1:00 PM Eastern today, and expect the downtime to take up to a couple of hours. During this effort, all worlds will be reset, and we will be making some specific changes to Argonnessen and Wayfinder in an effort to improve game performance and reduce lag. These changes involve various updates to 64-bit dll's and implementing an alternate internal game timer to Argonnessen and Wayfinder. We will be keeping an eye on the impact, and will consider the next step afterwards. Thank you!
    Last edited by Cordovan; 04-20-2016 at 01:47 PM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Question Reset?

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    During this effort, all worlds will be reset...
    Might like to avoid this type of scary language - one might interpret that as meaning characters are being wiped or rolled back!

They're not, right? Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    DDO is bug free, I assure you.
    That's not lag, it's just DDO trying to become turn-based again.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxxx View Post
    Might like to avoid this type of scary language - one might interpret that as meaning characters are being wiped or rolled back!

Steve Howe was voted "Best Overall Guitarist" in Guitar Player magazine five years in a row (1977–1981) and in 1981 was the first rock guitar player inducted into the Guitar Player Hall of Fame.

Cool Now I know why

I love ddo, and the devs are always working to improve it. I thank you for that. Now with the downtime maintenance, that seems to be happening a lot more lately, I understand why you let us beat you up at the anniversary party. I still feel guilty about that by the way. Thank you all for making it better and I will be patient.

Nice, keep up good work.

Played quite long time yesterday on Khyber, even a legendary shroud. It was quite lagfree and i had a great time!

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Characters cause lag, this fix is meant to adress that problem...

Please take a good hard look at Vault of Night and Caught in the Web on Orien server. We have been having some bad lag troubles in those two. We ran with full 12 party on both. Also, the underdark quests with a full party of six had some bad lag issues that caused us to take permanent firewall and icestorm damage. Since we were getting permanent repeating damage from those two, that may be something that could be causing the lag since I always see some lag during ice storms lately on epic levels
    My mother slapped me once. Once.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Characters cause lag, this fix is meant to adress that problem...
    True enough, when I roll a full six party members I always experience lag spikes no matter the dungeon. May be something in all the character effects and graphics that is causing it definitely
    My mother slapped me once. Once.

De Jure Creation, outside of Corporate Jurisdiction

We will be bringing the game worlds down for maintenance at 1:00 PM Eastern today, and expect the downtime to take up to a couple of hours. During this effort, all worlds will be reset, and we will be making some specific changes to Argonnessen and Wayfinder in an effort to improve game performance and reduce lag. These changes involve various updates to 64-bit dll's and implementing an alternate internal game timer to Argonnessen and Wayfinder. We will be keeping an eye on the impact, and will consider the next step afterwards. Thank you!

OoOOOOoooooo.... neat!

I'm excited to see what these fundamental changes do to DDO!

As always, greatly appreciative of the updates Cordovan! Thanks for keeping us in the loop

Community Member

Wayfinder is pretty much lag-free except for some known raids and excessive mobs on EE.

I hope the changes made don't increase the lag.

Community Member

also on another note, it might be good to fix an issue with "Desert Caravan" quest, a whole group I was in, got stuck on loading screen (had to alt f4 the game multi times), multiple times from both house p and Zawabi's Refuge, on Cannith server

Don't see anything here to help with loading screen zero bar lockups. Any traction on that issue?
    DDO 2019: ALL SHARN TOWERS - ALL THE TIME.

Exclamation hmmm

Its a bit short notice for such changes, I sincerely hope for best outcome, but remain sceptical......
    Guild Leader of Ex Deus - The jolly band of Danes and Americans, who live and play in constant denial of timezones and sleep.
    Current toons on Khyber : Marhen ; Rorscharch ; Malfares ; Cyriandes ; Shamsi-Adad ; Asurbanipal ; Asurnasirpal ;

Default stop fixing start doing

Just combine worlds so you don't need to keep taking then down
    The Rogues Guild - Sarlona
    How did that get in here? Hay give that back O that’s yours? Sorry
    Gordgray Gord of gray Hawk Rogues do it from behind

Community Member

Cool, cool. Just one question.

and implementing an alternate internal game timer to Argonnessen and Wayfinder.
    What's up with that?

DDO Players Council

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Community Member

When you reset your computer, do you lose all your data and installed programs?

Words are only scary when you don't know what they mean and have to try to guess at their meaning.

I'd be more concerned about the very last minute nature of the notice being provided for a service outage, and why Turbine never seems to be able to show any consistency, proactivity, and professionalism regarding their customer communications. I'd like to believe that implementing these changes to Argonnessen and Wayfinder was scheduled better than "Um, I just had my coffee, and I think now I'm ready to make the same changes to Argonnessen and Wayfinder that we've made on the other servers. Let's go!" But with this kind of notice being given, that's a hard sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    Cool, cool. Just one question.

What's up with that?
    "it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.”
    DDO 2019: ALL SHARN TOWERS - ALL THE TIME.

Have you looked into the Guild Renown awarding script and into the Trash Mob AI script ?
    Because you know a lot of reports indicates that these two are huge culprits when it comes to getting lag.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Founder

Please fix the stuck load screens. Last night I tried to recall out of thunder holm and got stuck. I killed the client, came back, tried to recall again and locked up.

So I turned off the computer and found something else to do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast