Community Member

Default Shirardi caster?

What is the up-to-date Shirardi spammer build? I saw one that was primarily fvs, something like 12-14 fvs.

I have only played the 16 Sorc, FVS, pali version. It worked ok. Some do a Sorc 18/FVS 2.

I am not too sure what so many FVS levels would bring to the table to be honest.
    G-land
    Main characters, Tymout, Tymkul, Tymbom, Tymantha etc...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by skorpeon View Post
    I have only played the 16 Sorc, FVS, pali version. It worked ok. Some do a Sorc 18/FVS 2.

I am not too sure what so many FVS levels would bring to the table to be honest.
    I was wondering the same thing.

i used to play 17 wiz 3 fvs, and i enjoyed pretty much
    but i think you are looking for a build 14 fvs 6 wizard, this build allow you to get blade barrier, dw and heal. While still getting the 3rd core of archmage for chain missiles.

i think its a good build if you want to spam MMs and prefer divine over wraith form, but i never tested so cant judge

you can also split 12/6/2 with 2 of paladin for saves, or monk for feat and evasion or whatever fits better, but then you need to give up a lvl 6 spell
    Last edited by blackzombie_deathson; 02-28-2016 at 02:06 AM.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

I don't think there's any single Shiradi spammer build out there; instead it's a question of assembling a Shiradi build out of different caster class(es) which have good synergies with Shiradi (namely cheap spells / SLAs with multi-proc chances and ideally no DC save).

Some commonly used classes for a Shiradi build:
    • wiz 7+ for the core Evocation Archmage SLAs (Magic / Chain Missiles) and Force Missiles (lvl 4 spell); can also use Arcane Bolt + Blast + Master of Knowledge to charge up Mental Honing (+90 Universal Spellpower, +60% crit chance when fully stacked).
    • sorc 8+ for the Magic / Chain / Force Missile spells (which are on separate CDs from wiz spells) and possibly Savant SLAs.
    • FvS 2+ for AoV bonuses (Smiting+Scourge+Just Reward); majority-FvS builds can use higher-lvl spells like Blade Barrier or Divine Punishment (as well as decent healing potential).
    • warlock 6+ for ES aura to cause passive Shiradi procs; lvl 6 core reduces aura rate to every 4 secs.

I haven't seen too many Shiradi builds which use cleric or druid, presumably because they don't have quite as many Shiradi-spammable spells as arcanes.

A couple of examples of recent(ish) Shiradi builds:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5769471 (slightly gimped by taking Scion of Limbo & Dreamscape for flavor)

I thought I saw a sorc 12 / FvS 4 / pal 4 build somewhere, as well as something like FvS 4 / sorc 8 / wiz 8, but I can't find them now...
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    I don't think there's any single Shiradi spammer build out there; instead it's a question of assembling a Shiradi build out of different caster class(es) which have good synergies with Shiradi (namely cheap spells / SLAs with multi-proc chances and ideally no DC save).

Some commonly used classes for a Shiradi build:
    • wiz 7+ for the core Evocation Archmage SLAs (Magic / Chain Missiles) and Force Missiles (lvl 4 spell); can also use Arcane Bolt + Blast + Master of Knowledge to charge up Mental Honing (+90 Universal Spellpower, +60% crit chance when fully stacked).
    • sorc 8+ for the Magic / Chain / Force Missile spells (which are on separate CDs from wiz spells) and possibly Savant SLAs.
    • FvS 2+ for AoV bonuses (Smiting+Scourge+Just Reward); majority-FvS builds can use higher-lvl spells like Blade Barrier or Divine Punishment (as well as decent healing potential).
    • warlock 6+ for ES aura to cause passive Shiradi procs; lvl 6 core reduces aura rate to every 4 secs.

I haven't seen too many Shiradi builds which use cleric or druid, presumably because they don't have quite as many Shiradi-spammable spells as arcanes.

A couple of examples of recent(ish) Shiradi builds:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5769471 (slightly gimped by taking Scion of Limbo & Dreamscape for flavor)

I thought I saw a sorc 12 / FvS 4 / pal 4 build somewhere, as well as something like FvS 4 / sorc 8 / wiz 8, but I can't find them now...
    MoK is 60% crit damage, not crit chance.

The best shiradi builds now are, imo :

20 warlock (flexible while leveling and etring)

12lock 6 wiz 2fvs Ruin King, highest critical damage multiplier

13wiz 4 fvs 3 lock 2nd highest critical multiplier and highest CM CL

9sorc 7wiz 4fvs Golden Shiradi, highest missile and spell spam output.

12fvs 6wiz 2pal bladeforged, or 13fvs 5 wiz 2monk human for evasion and heal spell and blade barrier. Sometimes 1 barb for run speed if you're zergy.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BankDeposit View Post
    MoK is 60% crit damage, not crit chance.

The best shiradi builds now are, imo :

20 warlock (flexible while leveling and etring)

12lock 6 wiz 2fvs Ruin King, highest critical damage multiplier

13wiz 4 fvs 3 lock 2nd highest critical multiplier and highest CM CL

9sorc 7wiz 4fvs Golden Shiradi, highest missile and spell spam output.

12fvs 6wiz 2pal bladeforged, or 13fvs 5 wiz 2monk human for evasion and heal spell and blade barrier. Sometimes 1 barb for run speed if you're zergy.

DO you have a link to the build of : 9sorc 7wiz 4fvs Golden Shiradi, highest missile and spell spam output ?
    Looking to make a sharadi caster Sorc that doesn't have warlock in it. (possibly a bf/wf ?)
    been thinking the standard 18 sorc 2 fvs build - but got me intreeged by the 9s/7w/4fvs

what is the benefit of going to lv 4 in fvs ? (wondering if a 16s/4fvs is now better).

thanks, Finn.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by skorpeon View Post

2 levels of FvS get you the Just Reward, Scourge and Smiting enhancements which compliment any build that uses fire, force or light damage spells. With a well built Shirardi MM spammer you have nearly infinite spell points while doing a lot of damage.
    ~ Alco Holic ~ Grlfriendaggro Pizzenmeoff ~ Rincewind the Damp ~ Sunbernt Junk ~ Ouchmy Leghurtz ~
    ~ Bobthesponge Squarethepants ~ Whaleoil Beef Hooked~
    ~Ascent~

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Finn42 View Post
    DO you have a link to the build of : 9sorc 7wiz 4fvs Golden Shiradi, highest missile and spell spam output ?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-shiradi-nuker
    what is the benefit of going to lv 4 in fvs ? (wondering if a 16s/4fvs is now better).
    More Smiting and the extra caster levels from Intense Faith will apply to any "Fire, Force, Light, and Physical damage spells," not just FvS spells. Remember that Chain Missile adds an extra missile for every odd CL, up to a max of 10 missiles @ CL 19.
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

10 sorc / 6 wizard / 4 fvs Zombie with high negative energy amp seems to be the flavor of the month(s) for shiradi right now. Bonus is you won't get flamed for warlock levels causing lag..
    BowHealer - The "Healer with legendary CC"-project: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...h-legendary-CC
    The Dungeons and Dragons Webcomic THE ORDER OF THE STICK BY RICH BURLEW
    http://www.giantitp.com/comics/ootscast.html