Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Manager

Default DDO's Celebrating 10 Years!

Bonuses and Events:

Dungeons & Dragons Online will be celebrating its 10th Anniversary starting on Thursday with a series of events, bonuses, and public broadcasts! Starting late morning Eastern on Thursday and running through Sunday, February 28th, players will get:

• +30% Guild Renown
    • +5% XP bonus per Party Member
    • Double Mysterious Remnants
    • +1 Loot

In addition, starting on February 25th late morning Eastern and running through Thursday, March 3rd, players will get the following bonuses:

• Champion Hunter Week – All items are available in the Champion Vendor in the Hall of Heroes
    • Risia Ice Games – Ice ramp fun in The Harbor of Stormreach in Eberron
    • Eveningstar Midwinter Festival – Ice skating fun in the village of Eveningstar, located in the Forgotten Realms
    • Festivult – a winter holiday-themed event where players collect coins and turn them in for various cookies from the Jester of Festivult
    • Euphonia’s Challenge: Treasure of Crystal Cove – a pirate-themed event where players battle pirates on an island, then team up with kobold miners to gather crystals in a special challenge dungeon
    • +20% Challenge Rewards
    • +10% Heroic and Epic XP

10th Anniversary Livestream!

I will be hosting a 12-hour livestream from 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM Eastern on Twitch.tv/DDOstream on Friday, February 26th! The livestream will feature interviews with developers and other DDO team members past and present, in-game events and contests, and a look at the history of DDO over the past ten years. This will also be broadcast to YouTube Gaming at youtube.com/dungeonsanddragons/live.

Tentative Server Schedule:

9:00 AM - 10:15 AM Argonnessen
    10:15 AM - 11:30 AM Cannith
    11:30 AM - 12:45 PM Ghallanda
    12:45 PM - 1:15 PM Lunch Break
    2:00 PM - 3:15 PM Khyber
    3:15 PM - 4:30 PM Orien
    4:30 PM - 5:45 PM Sarlona
    5:45 PM - 7:00 PM Thelanis
    7:00 PM - 8:15 PM Wayfinder
    8:15PM - 9:00 PM ??? (I'm sure the schedule won't be this strict)

There will also be breaks, interviews, audio, historical documentation, and a bunch of other stuff happening, so I won't be able to do things on each server for the entire time. In reality, I will also be on throughout the weekend, and will make sure to hit all the servers at various times of the day.

DDO Store Sales:

ALL Limited Time items are back:
    Otto's Boxes
    +20 Hearts
    Traveller's Trunks
    +3 Tomes of Fate
    +7 Stat Tomes
    and more!

- also -

25% off select Adventure Packs and Quest XP Elixirs
    35% off select Races
    75% off the Artificer Class
    50% off all bags
    50% off Gold Seal Elixirs of Sovereign Healing

- and -

Double Bonus Points through March 6th

(Click here for Store info)

UPDATE 30!

Finally, we are expecting to debut Update 30 on Monday, February 29th! This update includes a special 10th anniversary dungeon event, gifts for players regardless of the length of time they have played the game, and the debut of the Gnome player race, among other things. The anniversary dungeon can be found in House Phiarlan.

Last edited by Cordovan; 02-25-2016 at 05:39 PM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Default Happy Birthday 10th DDO

Happy birthday DDO! I've been with you the whole 10 years! Which is why it's sad to say that nothing is being given away to every player like in past years . i may have to be out of town for the events so will probably miss out on everything. Sadly I remember in past years when we all got a little something in our stocking. Guess those days are gone.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Zandor99 View Post
    Happy birthday DDO! I've been with you the whole 10 years! Which is why it's sad to say that nothing is being given away to every player like in past years . i may have to be out of town for the events so will probably miss out on everything. Sadly I remember in past years when we all got a little something in our stocking. Guess those days are gone.
    Every character will be getting something when they log in post Update 30, for as long as the event is active (currently tentatively through at least March.)
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Every character will be getting something when they log in post Update 30, for as long as the event is active (currently tentatively through at least March.)

I have a toon from 2007 on G-Land that has all the "gifts" we've gotten. I added the extra cropped screenshot of the 5th year invitation to the 6th year cake w/ Djinni for those that weren't around then.

Community Member

So it will run all of March and maybe into April? That would be good, it looked like you were running it only through March 3 and having a celebration where you have to patch and then log in on one of 4 work days and pick a prize, a tough mechanic for many players. It seemed like really poor planning. Having the vendor go away instead of putting directly in inventory a box that you could open and decide later was bad enough, but having him only around for 4 days would have been terrible.

I'd also like to see cove around for more than a single weekend with a few weekdays around it, it's one of your best events. I know lag is pretty bad now and people don't like Cove because of that, but we already get periods of horrible lag even without it, so a little more isn't going to make that much of a difference. Oh, and I love the changes to the wilderness and turn-in, great job there!
    I am profoundly disappointed with the current state and direction of DDO, and my purchasing habits reflect this. A drastic improvement in quality of life, transparency, and honest communication would improve my spending. Promises and "more squeeze" will not.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by LucidLTS View Post
    So it will run all of March and maybe into April? That would be good, it looked like you were running it only through March 3 and having a celebration where you have to patch and then log in on one of 4 work days and pick a prize, a tough mechanic for many players. It seemed like really poor planning. Having the vendor go away instead of putting directly in inventory a box that you could open and decide later was bad enough, but having him only around for 4 days would have been terrible.

I'd also like to see cove around for more than a single weekend with a few weekdays around it, it's one of your best events. I know lag is pretty bad now and people don't like Cove because of that, but we already get periods of horrible lag even without it, so a little more isn't going to make that much of a difference. Oh, and I love the changes to the wilderness and turn-in, great job there!
    We haven't announced a specific time frame, but something like that.
    Join us on Twitch!

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

I think all of march would be great too. Do you plan on running more in game events like this one? I missed out due to irl, but I am sure others didn't know for other reasons and feel neglected. Not knowing that the real 10th anniversary stuff is coming in U30.

Community Member

TYVM, I'll pass the word around my guild, they'll be much relieved. The general opinion was that it was through March 3rd only. More is ... More!
    I am profoundly disappointed with the current state and direction of DDO, and my purchasing habits reflect this. A drastic improvement in quality of life, transparency, and honest communication would improve my spending. Promises and "more squeeze" will not.

Thumbs up Amazing job

You guys outdid yourselves. I can not think of anything to complain about super job. That flying head was the funniest thing flew right up out of the toilet at me. Loved it and good job on loot choices sad no twilight but all together it has been one of the most enjoyable celebrations. Congrats on reaching 10 yrs and thanks for letting us vent a little frustration over some of the not so great past decisions.

When does Crystal Cove go down? It lists today, so I assume tonight at least?
    ROGUE Part QUATRE: Prove your Stealth Skills!

Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    When does Crystal Cove go down? It lists today, so I assume tonight at least?
    I've been really hoping they extend it to make up for the extended melt down Sunday, but I haven't seen anything one way or the other.

Devs, could we please get a statement?

Thumbs up Great Job

Quote Originally Posted by jaedom View Post
    You guys outdid yourselves. I can not think of anything to complain about super job.
    I agree. The party is great.

Nice to see Coyle unconscious in the corner. It would have been even better if we got to kill him, but it still works for me.

There are a lot of humorous bits to be found. I am sure I have not found or understood a large number of them. But, I appreciate the ones I have seen. (Maybe there is a posting somewhere that explains them all. If so, I hope it is generated by the fans, to acknowledge the Devs.)

I also like the end prizes, both the free one, and the rewards for the party favors. I have used the 100k XP like Veteran's Status on other servers. And, that SoS I haven't been able to get, is nice to finally just be able to select.

Also, thanks for extending the other events (presumably to make up for the unexpected down time on Sunday). I was glad to get the opportunity to craft my winter game Icy Burst items (and then, get a few more runs in).

Community Member

Default Happy birthday

Concratz first off all with this milestone!
    The events and bonuses look very cool and im looking forward to them!
    Esp. The dungeon event! Keep up the good work!

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Default It's Party!

Happy Birthday DDO!

Whew, 10 years ... where did the time go?

Here's to 10 more!

The evolution of DDO: Stormreach to Eberron Unlimited to Dungeons & Dragons Online
    -1- -2- -3- -4- -5- -6- -7- -8- -9- -10 - -11- -12!! years & still spawning kobolds
    From Turbine to SSG, who are the devs anyway? DDO Peeps Tracker

Community Manager

We also have special DDO Store stuff, but I'll leave those discounts for the Store sales folks to announce during their regularly-scheduled time (then probably add it to the OP.)
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Hafeal View Post
    Happy Birthday DDO!

Whew, 10 years ... where did the time go?

Here's to 10 more!

Agreed.
    As the saying goes, "There is more than one way to skin a cat. (No offence to cats, cat lovers, or people that want to be cats)
    "Everything taste like chicken, 'cept chicken, that taste like turkey.", quoth the barbarian.

Happy 10th Birthday DDO! You changed my life in so many ways over the last 9 years, you'll always be in my heart. In 2007 I met my future husband in Prison of the Planes, and we got married in 2012. I've made so many friends over the years, far to many to mention them all, but some who will be friends for life, even met up with a few guildiies despite living in Scotland and most of them in USA.

On Fernia people often told me I had the most recognisable voice on the server, perhaps the only Scot on an american server, I remember having so much fun, was such a nice community there. To anyone i've ever played with, on fernia, or ghallanda when we merged all those years ago, thanks for being part of it all. Hopefully DDO will be around a bit longer and the fun will continue.

Misscarlet~Klya~Chelsey~Mvffin~Sporren~Heathers~Mi nimvffin~Lillmiss~Crumpet~Evanny
    GUILD LEADER: Southern Tenant Farmers Union SERVER: Ghallanda, RIP Fernia

Community Member

Default Extend cove?

With the debacle fouling one of the only 2 weekend afternoons Cove was scheduled to run, could we get it extended through at least next weekend?

More would be nice, but at the very least one more weekend. Many of us can't really play during the week, and the crash and instability Sunday cut into the already frustratingly short window. Knowing the event was extended to compensate would cool some flaring tempers.

If running all of the events at once was the cause of the crash (lag was horriffic leading up to it) then spreading the events out would be fine, but please tell us before the end of this one so we know to save up rather than settle for lesser rewards if we can't quite afford what we want.

Default Happy birthday DDO

Happy birthday DDO! It's nice to see all the festivals back at the same time

Just one thing though, [minor spoiler warning] the challenge gives a maximum of 8 party favor (ddowiki) at a time, is it possible to increase that a bit since there is only 1 challenge to gain party favor from?
    I wouldn't mind the reward staying at 8 if there were multiple challenges to run.
    Last edited by WWen077; 02-24-2016 at 05:57 PM.

Happy Birthday DDO!!!!!!!!!

Through the years through the ups and downs, I have loved this game!

Made good friends, had many laughs, and many hours of fun!

Thanks!

-JR
    Mellkor Wizard, Culpepper Cleric, Coyle Warlock, Anarion Mechanic Archer, Ungoliant, Assassin, Tulkas Astaldo Vanguard Pally,
    ***Argonnessen***
    ~~Ascent~~

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast