Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by lordoffire View Post
    DDO is a great game and im so happy to be a part of it.
    Well, at least it did not take 10 years to find you posting on the boards, as with Kintani.

Welcome! We don' t bite. Really!

Interesting you are not on the dev tracker ...
    The evolution of DDO: Stormreach to Eberron Unlimited to Dungeons & Dragons Online
    -1- -2- -3- -4- -5- -6- -7- -8- -9- -10 - -11- -12!! years & still spawning kobolds
    From Turbine to SSG, who are the devs anyway? DDO Peeps Tracker

Community Member

Default A really epic achievement for DDO!

An epic achievement to get to the 10th year. I got hooked on with free to play too, and then lured in my brother, a friend and my son (at least a bit). I have seen guilds rise and disappear, the game has changed a lot over the years and people have come and gone.

But in the end, it still is the best MMO for a good run of D&D feel with questing and the dev team really is enthusiastic and giving their best to improve the game (even if they have different things on what is needed than I, or we, might have). Thank you Turbine, and thanks to the great community and many more years of fun!

Community Member

What a bust so far...

Is there not a single tech in all of Turbine that can keep that mic working right?

As to the rest....that has been a bust as well.

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

It's always nice to hear from the glass is half empty crowd ...

Quote Originally Posted by Baron View Post
    What a bust so far...

Is there not a single tech in all of Turbine that can keep that mic working right?

As to the rest....that has been a bust as well.
    The evolution of DDO: Stormreach to Eberron Unlimited to Dungeons & Dragons Online
    -1- -2- -3- -4- -5- -6- -7- -8- -9- -10 - -11- -12!! years & still spawning kobolds
    From Turbine to SSG, who are the devs anyway? DDO Peeps Tracker

10 years...To some, it's a long time. To others, it's the blink of an eye.

But what does it mean for DDO? A miracle. A miracle that this game is still around in spite of everything against it. Its hard to think of a game that is on par with DDO's situation that is still around. I imagine quite a few games have already crumbled to dust.

I think DDO's future will be dictated by the actions of the present (Meaning around the time of this post). Whatever DDO does in the immediate-term will decide if this game will or will not see a 20th anniversary. It's a 50/50 chance if you ask me. But if DDO is still around in 20 years, ill at least pop in to see what's going on.

Im not going to bother with the in-game party though. The loot is rubbish and broken, in some cases literately. Also, im not a big fan of partycrashers. The party's a bust. Maybe next time.

Default My thanks

My thanks to all the devs, artists, engineers, testers and all the other staff who have made DDO what it is. I've been listening to the live stream and it's been fascinating. Hope you've captured that for the bits we may have missed. As I listen to you real live humans who make this game, how much you care, the detail, their talent and just the sheer volume of work that goes into making DDO I love it even more.

DDO to me has been a way to get out of my own world - but to still be with others. I've met so many awesome people and learned so much about people, communities and myself through this game. I've had the chance to practice leading, I've had the chance to work through people type problems, and I've had tons of chances to look at my own reactions in a place that in some real life way doesn't matter - although it does because people matter and I'm interacting with real people here. And I've had a chance to do all this in this glorious place, this other world, with all this beautiful hand crafted art. And be able to interact with it and explore within it, this world of my imaginings and beyond what I had imagined. The specialness of finding that which was only on paper or talked of being brought to life - and even better I get to be one (halfling) or fight one (dragon). To find friends with which to do the same. To laugh at all the jokes, and still find new jokes after all these years (or understand ones I didn't get before).

Thank you and congratulations on your 10th Anniversary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Rage is misbehaving on multiple levels atm and it is taking longer to sort it all out than anticipated. In the meantime please continue to report rage anomalies so we can make sure they are in the list. There are definitely some game behaviors that you should be able to do no matter how mad you are.

Community Manager

Thanks to everyone who watched today! I too am frustrated by the audio issues. Did the best I could with it. Of course everything sounded great when I was testing it yesterday. The morning issues were caused by a full C: drive on my streaming computer, but the later stuff remains a mystery to me. Probably something to do with Skype and xSplit vying for audio hardware attention, although....???

Anyway, thanks again. I thought it was fascinating to hear from all the DDO folks, and people in chat. Was an honor to be there.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Was an honor to be there.
    Go to bed! Thank you, and have a good weekend ... we'll be here Monday.

Oh, and I have this list of complaints I've been working on ... would you prefer haiku, limerick, or some other format?

~O Ten years of fencing
    Winds of valor, long lost caves won
    Steady voice should rest now O~
    Last edited by SableShadow; 02-26-2016 at 10:45 PM.
    Brenna, Tzanna, and Tzinna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

2017 DDO Players Council Starla70's Avatar

Enjoyed all the interviews, learned so much. Thanks to all that was there. Happy 10th!
    Argonnessen main server/Kachinna, Dannu, KKenzi, Shanahann, Kaystrra, Fnorr, and Kyliestar toons

Your Dice really do hate you.

Thanks to everyone who watched today! I too am frustrated by the audio issues. Did the best I could with it. Of course everything sounded great when I was testing it yesterday. The morning issues were caused by a full C: drive on my streaming computer, but the later stuff remains a mystery to me. Probably something to do with Skype and xSplit vying for audio hardware attention, although....???

Anyway, thanks again. I thought it was fascinating to hear from all the DDO folks, and people in chat. Was an honor to be there.
    The interview part of things was fantastic. I really enjoyed that part of the night. However I could watch that part without having to be logged in until 6 am in the morning. What I found extremely frustrating was that you were trying to manage those things and visit the servers to a schedule at the same time. That part needs people to be logged in as part of the event and that part really suffered. I am guessing that there were others like my self that had been up over 24 hours backing on to work to be part of this and would be feeling my frustration for the 5 minutes of interaction. Yes I never expected the full time to be part of it but after seeing the things that were happening on prior servers I made the decision to stay online and participate. Yes I know you have said that you will be on servers all weekend however that will be hit and miss for some who already attempted to be part of the event itself.

I do sympathise with the technical issues and do understand that that would have been causing a huge amount of stress in dealing with that, getting to servers AND managing the interviews with devs past and present (which being a long time player found fascinating and will be going back through to see it all again.) You managed all of this without looking flustered! with 20/20 hindsight it might have been better to have an intern on the account for the server beside you simultaneously with you managing everything else.
    Milacias of Kyber

Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

Thanks for all the freebies! Was a lot of fun to hear from all the devs. Shmumber Shmulk ftw!!

Community Member

Thank you too. Too bad the game didn't allow you to actually do anything on our world (Orien). We were hoping to see you and ourselves doing something together but it ended on a few interviews instead of your time with us.
    I hope it will be a happy anniversary. The audio wasn't so bad, just a bit squeeky but standable. I just wish you were with us more than for about 2 minutes.

ps. maybe the game performance specs can think about doing something about it in the future. Otherwise we will never get to do anything together with the Community Manager. We had a party for you ready... about half an hour prior to your arrival and it ended up on nothing so we were sort of disappointed but we understand there was nothing you could do about it.
    Cheers.

moved east of the oak tree, burrow'd under the cedar beside the lake..

Smile Thankyou DDO...

Just wanted to say (( Thankyou ))
    Enjoyed listening to the interviews and seeing first hand who is behind designs and names on Lamma land, etc. =)
    You must be tired and beat Cordovan, thankyou.
    So sorry there were some technical issues, and missed some of the loots and fun on my server Sarlona due to lag.

I have to say, for myself,
    DDO started just a few months after your launch ten years ago,
    when my Bro's introduced me to it.
    I had just been recovering from a serious illness, with stroke symptoms to boot, and my gimpy attempts, guided by my bro's,
    started with my fighter Dragonya.
    With the sounds of hysterical laughter from them, I would be blankly staring up with my ghost toon, standing beside my soul stone,
    knee deep in the depths of a lava pit... wondering what happened, and why I was not able to maneuver narrow ledges,
    and falling off of another bridge.
    Soon my dexterity and coordination with my hands improved,
    and we enjoyed many a quest and learning curve.

I soon graduated to my first drow, then was determined to become a castor.
    I loved my wizards... yet my gimpy fingers sometimes had us laughing in the middle of boss fights,
    as I would accidentally toss off one of my favored weapons off of my menu bar, due to not having it locked,
    and hastily trying to find it in my backpack before my fighter got killed,
    or swallowing precious costly mana pots in lieu of a buff...

And how often did it occur that we wondered why we were getting hit so hard,
    when all the while we still had our haggle piece on, where our con piece was supposed to be ( ring for example )

As I healed, I focused on my sorcerer, my lil halfling 'Littlemama Wooopass'...
    oh was she fun, a challenge, but fun.
    I was told I would never be able to manage a castor,
    lo and behold,... I got it right.
    When guilds came out,
    lo and behold, I managed my solo guild, and Littlemama proudly stood on my first ship.
    ( I'm Mystic Mountain Dragonriders )

Yes, I still have days when my health is not so good, and doing quests hurts my hands too much, or I am just too ill to play for long;
    which I then happily 're-tweek' the build of my now stable of toons, with the new 'hearts of wood' versions.
    So, with that,
    I suppose DDO has been part of my healing journey.
    My bro's cannot get on game as much anymore due to life happens,
    but I still kick around.
    They have also supported me, by gifting me the odd year of VIP, so that I can still play.

Right now, I'm recovering from Carpal surgery, part one,
    so my gimpy-ness is back a bit.
    But that's ok,
    I'm not an uber completionist, I do have a few TR's tho,
    and Littlemama is still Littlemama.

It is hard to please everyone, but keep up the good work,
    I tested the Deep Gnome, and it was fun. Like Littlemama's cousin is coming to town!!

Peace to all, and happy Gaming on what ever level you are, and may your Loots be grand!!
    love from aka 'Lem' ( Lemuria was my first Wizard, she is TR'd now, I think fourth or fifth time, is now a Warlock )

p.s. I made this image some six years ago I think;

`Littlemama Whooopass`

Lemuria / Tooruk / Mammabear / Intrepidbear / Dragonsclaw / Dragonya / Whitebuffalo / Hawtmamma / Grandolff

Watched on and off all day yesterday. Really enjoyed watching the interviews with the creators of the game. Think you did a great job Cordo! Audio issues, did not detract from the interviews, don't worry about it!

Enjoyed some of the music and slide shows you played as well. A very nice event! Can't wait for Monday!

Happy 10th Anniversary, DDO!

Thanks for the fun day yesterday, Cordovan. It was particularly interesting to listen to the folks who make this game a reality.

Best wishes for some well-deserved sleep in your future.

Deaths Gatekeeper Deathromancer's Avatar

Default Anniversery Gift list Im sad

First off Happy anniversary to all and I glad to see DDO put some effort into this, I was a little dishearted as a VIP playing from day 1 to see the Anniversery gift list from Lammania posted and hope its not finalized , though it probably is. If your FTP or semi new to game the rewards are good but most of my associates and guildies who have been playing for most if not all of the 10 years has what we wanted from the Rewards list, so where disappointed to see nothing new or high end or end game oriented on the gift list, heck I would have been happy with a stack of heroism comms as a reward so I didn't have to farm FOT or CITW for more of them, or if the epic items as rewards gave you an option for low lvl base or epic upgraded already that would have been nice. Also with new loot mechanics in game there are lots of random drop items with better stuff than the named items in game in lots of areas.

Once again Love the effort and fantastic events, but would have liked to see something new or usable that most older Players didn't already have. so maybe next year take that into consideration. One older mmo I played acutally gave different lvl and powered rewards based of years played so gave u a nice incentive to play longer, so a 10 year player got something appropriate to time and skill level and a first year got something on par with their dedication and loyalty to the game. heck if you got a choice for a +stat supreme tome from anniversary rewards 1 per acct +1 all stats for year 1 +2 at year to ect ect that would help develop chars and be a nice incentive to stick around that's just an example, go crazy with it hehe

Newer players clean up with gift list and ftp too since they can get an item they may not even have access to an area for. but vip long term players kinda bummed out.
    Ok I feel better now that Ive vented lol enjoy the Anniversery all and remember us old farts next year.
    If you must blink, do it now. Pay careful attention to everything you see, no matter how unusual it may seem. If you look away, even for an instant, then our hero will surely perish.

Community Manager

Happy anniversary DDO! */dance2*
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Every character will be getting something when they log in post Update 30, for as long as the event is active (currently tentatively through at least March.)
    So it will run all of March and maybe into April? That would be good, it looked like you were running it only through March 3 and having a celebration where you have to patch and then log in on one of 4 work days and pick a prize, a tough mechanic for many players. It seemed like really poor planning. Having the vendor go away instead of putting directly in inventory a box that you could open and decide later was bad enough, but having him only around for 4 days would have been terrible.

I'd also like to see cove around for more than a single weekend with a few weekdays around it, it's one of your best events. I know lag is pretty bad now and people don't like Cove because of that, but we already get periods of horrible lag even without it, so a little more isn't going to make that much of a difference. Oh, and I love the changes to the wilderness and turn-in, great job there!
    I am profoundly disappointed with the current state and direction of DDO, and my purchasing habits reflect this. A drastic improvement in quality of life, transparency, and honest communication would improve my spending. Promises and "more squeeze" will not.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by LucidLTS View Post
    So it will run all of March and maybe into April? That would be good, it looked like you were running it only through March 3 and having a celebration where you have to patch and then log in on one of 4 work days and pick a prize, a tough mechanic for many players. It seemed like really poor planning. Having the vendor go away instead of putting directly in inventory a box that you could open and decide later was bad enough, but having him only around for 4 days would have been terrible.

I'd also like to see cove around for more than a single weekend with a few weekdays around it, it's one of your best events. I know lag is pretty bad now and people don't like Cove because of that, but we already get periods of horrible lag even without it, so a little more isn't going to make that much of a difference. Oh, and I love the changes to the wilderness and turn-in, great job there!
    We haven't announced a specific time frame, but something like that.
    Join us on Twitch!

This kind of sound is usually caused by the source coming from two different electrical circuits. Would need to ground one of them to get rid of it or better, take all the source from the same electrical circuit.
    Last edited by Rys; 02-28-2016 at 01:33 PM.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast