Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Gifts!? Character Slots?

So I logged on today and discovered that I have an extra character slot! Not the usual VIP 10 but 11!!?? Is this right?

Think this is a really nice present if it is, now to go find out what those tokens will give me... but seeing that I need to deal with one of those thieving spy types in House P... I'm not expecting much.

Community Member

What about TOD rings, or CITW rings, or Mysterious Cloak of Adamntine Cloak, things from Cove or TBC? I'm sure there were some sought after items there. Icy Rainment etc. I know they said they didn't want to undo all the hard work people had put in, I lost count of how many dragon raids I ran, well into the 100's and didn't get a SOS, and now its supposed to be on this list, wouldn't that be undoing the hard work people have done to get it?

Not being ungrateful, but as I said IMO, it should represent the entire 10 years, not just mostly heroic stuff, or stuff that no one really runs. Yes there is some decent stuff on there, but how long do ppl really spend on heroic levels?

Default DDO Dice

I just received my DDO 10th anniversary dice in the mail today. Was really surprised to see that, as I hadn't a clue it was being sent out...

Thanks for the memory, as I will add them to my stash..
    Wayne..........OWM for those that know me.
    Thanks DDO for the wonderful surprise of the DDO Dice and Bag

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seldarin View Post
    Looking at the list, IMHO they have added some junk and missed some of the more useful items. Just my opinion though. Yes there are some useful things for heroic levelling, but having added Balizarde etc, they have just rehashed stuff from the raiders boxes. Seven fingered gloves, LOTD and quiver, kundark boots all useful at heroic levels. Divine Vengeance, lvl 18, +5, Cold Iron, on a 10th Anniversary list imho is nothing short of insulting. Might as well have just left that spot blank

Just my opinion. It should be a celebration of all 10 years, which would include current, but again, just my opinion
    Chattering Ring is good, though. I can finally Cannith craft that Greater Halfling Bane item I've been wanting all these years...
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Chattering Ring is good, though. I can finally Cannith craft that Greater Halfling Bane item I've been wanting all these years...
    Chattering ring is nowhere near as good at it used to be back in the day when they nerfed AC builds. Same time as they changed Icy Rainment and made things percentages instead of a set value. Just my opinion as my AC build/VOD tank went from being very useful to being a TR candidate

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by AMADHA View Post
    So I logged on today and discovered that I have an extra character slot! Not the usual VIP 10 but 11!!?? Is this right?

Think this is a really nice present if it is, now to go find out what those tokens will give me... but seeing that I need to deal with one of those thieving spy types in House P... I'm not expecting much.
    Correct, everyone is getting a free character slot.

Quote Originally Posted by omorris View Post
    I just received my DDO 10th anniversary dice in the mail today. Was really surprised to see that, as I hadn't a clue it was being sent out...

Great!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    I'm looking at the Djinni in-game right now and I don't see Sword of Shadow on the list. That might be an error on the wiki.
    Actually it looks like SoS (along with a few other things) will be hotfixed in this week:

We will be adding a couple of items to the list in a hotfix we're working on, due to a couple of other issues that we are investigating. The new items will include a Heroic Sword of Shadow, an XP token (for something like 100,000 XP), the Cloak of Winter Ice cosmetic robe, and one or two other things. Depending on your interest, you may want to hang onto your tokens for now.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    Actually it looks like SoS (along with a few other things) will be hotfixed in this week:
    sweet!
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Somewhere on the right side of the map...

We got ours too! Thanks guys!!!

LONG LIVE THE UN-CLOTHED CLERIC!!!

Does the djinni go away after the event, or can we wait deciding what to pick with the token at a later time?
    (Say): Shaman Har-har says, "You laugh at Har-har? Har-har funny to you?"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    Well, that's not really the intention. Here's the actual post from Cordovan:

So if you have no interest in snagging some great but hard to find items for a large range of levels, then yeah you might be disappointed. For everyone else though, there are a bunch of great choices. Personally I'm thrilled to finally be able to get some Litanys.
    I'm thrilled also. Happy birthday ddo great event!

Yeah, I just got the same thing in the mail today. It was a big, but pleasant, surprise. Nice dice bag and a gamer can never have to many dice...

Community Member

Is that something that is only for founders, or only in US?

Divine Vengeance, lvl 18, +5, Cold Iron, on a 10th Anniversary list imho is nothing short of insulting. Might as well have just left that spot blank
    Check the wiki, if you are lawful, it adds "Holy" and "Axiomatic". If you are a pally L1-19 it adds Holy Burst and Axiomatic Burst and Spell Resistance 30.

If you are a L20 Pally it becomes as pictured:

It could use a bump in damage die or multiplier, either paragon 1.5[1D8] or epic 2[1D8] or something, but otherwise a solid weapon if only for DR breaking.
    Last edited by Fedora1; 03-01-2016 at 09:34 AM.

Community Member

Enjoying the festivities so far. Sort of. But something I really, really have to point out...

When was the last time you guys went out to the groceries for a broccoli? That weapon model is just hideous... I demand a real broccoli to beat with when I next run Creeping Death :<
    Thelanis - Eushully, mid-build Clr tank; Nantekottai, Shuricannon

Quote Originally Posted by askrj1 View Post
    I demand a real broccoli to beat with
    Brenna, Tzanna, and Tzinna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SableShadow View Post
    May I please beat with a real broccoli? :<
    Thelanis - Eushully, mid-build Clr tank; Nantekottai, Shuricannon

Community Member

but how long do ppl really spend on heroic levels?
    Sadly, some spend 5 or 6 years without capping a single toon. :-)

I'm REALLY not a very good player, but I do have fun.

Community Member

Default happy birthday ddo

Happy birthday ddo my only complaint is how can we prove we killed the devs if they don't appear in our monster manual

moved east of the oak tree, burrow'd under the cedar beside the lake..

Quote Originally Posted by shadowakr1 View Post
    Happy birthday ddo my only complaint is how can we prove we killed the devs if they don't appear in our monster manual

OMG.. /signed !!
    `Littlemama Whooopass`

Lemuria / Tooruk / Mammabear / Intrepidbear / Dragonsclaw / Dragonya / Whitebuffalo / Hawtmamma

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast