Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We haven't announced a specific time frame, but something like that.
    I think all of march would be great too. Do you plan on running more in game events like this one? I missed out due to irl, but I am sure others didn't know for other reasons and feel neglected. Not knowing that the real 10th anniversary stuff is coming in U30.

Community Member

We haven't announced a specific time frame, but something like that.
    TYVM, I'll pass the word around my guild, they'll be much relieved. The general opinion was that it was through March 3rd only. More is ... More!
    I am profoundly disappointed with the current state and direction of DDO, and my purchasing habits reflect this. A drastic improvement in quality of life, transparency, and honest communication would improve my spending. Promises and "more squeeze" will not.

Quote Originally Posted by lordoffire View Post
    DDO is a great game and im so happy to be a part of it.
    Since you work for Quality Assurance, do your posts bypass forum rules for others to grammar police?
    ROGUE Part QUATRE: Prove your Stealth Skills!

Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer)

Oh yeah! And servers are DOWN even BEFORE the update!

Keep the good job, Turbine. Or not.
    Thelanis server - Playing DDO since 2006

Wowsers!!!! Happy Birthday DDO but Thank You DDO for all the presents!!!!!! Wooohoooo!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cordovan View Post
    bonuses and events:

dungeons & dragons online will be celebrating its 10th anniversary starting on thursday with a series of events, bonuses, and public broadcasts! Starting late morning eastern on thursday and running through sunday, february 28th, players will get:

• +30% guild renown
    • +5% xp bonus per party member
    • double mysterious remnants
    • +1 loot

in addition, starting on february 25th late morning eastern and running through thursday, march 3rd, players will get the following bonuses:

• champion hunter week – all items are available in the champion vendor in the hall of heroes
    • risia ice games – ice ramp fun in the harbor of stormreach in eberron
    • eveningstar midwinter festival – ice skating fun in the village of eveningstar, located in the forgotten realms
    • festivult – a winter holiday-themed event where players collect coins and turn them in for various cookies from the jester of festivult
    • euphonia’s challenge: Treasure of crystal cove – a pirate-themed event where players battle pirates on an island, then team up with kobold miners to gather crystals in a special challenge dungeon
    • +20% challenge rewards
    • +10% heroic and epic xp

10th anniversary livestream!

i will be hosting a 12-hour livestream from 9:00 am – 9:00 pm eastern on twitch.tv/ddostream on friday, february 26th! The livestream will feature interviews with developers and other ddo team members past and present, in-game events and contests, and a look at the history of ddo over the past ten years. This will also be broadcast to youtube gaming at youtube.com/dungeonsanddragons/live.

tentative server schedule:

9:00 am - 10:15 am argonnessen
    10:15 am - 11:30 am cannith
    11:30 am - 12:45 pm ghallanda
    12:45 pm - 1:15 pm lunch break
    2:00 pm - 3:15 pm khyber
    3:15 pm - 4:30 pm orien
    4:30 pm - 5:45 pm sarlona
    5:45 pm - 7:00 pm thelanis
    7:00 pm - 8:15 pm wayfinder
    8:15pm - 9:00 pm ??? (i'm sure the schedule won't be this strict)

there will also be breaks, interviews, audio, historical documentation, and a bunch of other stuff happening, so i won't be able to do things on each server for the entire time. In reality, i will also be on throughout the weekend, and will make sure to hit all the servers at various times of the day.

ddo store sales:

all limited time items are back:
    Otto's boxes
    +20 hearts
    traveller's trunks
    +3 tomes of fate
    +7 stat tomes
    and more!

- also -

25% off select adventure packs and quest xp elixirs
    35% off select races
    75% off the artificer class
    50% off all bags
    50% off gold seal elixirs of sovereign healing

- and -

double bonus points through march 6th

(click here for store info)

update 30!

finally, we are expecting to debut update 30 on monday, february 29th! This update includes a special 10th anniversary dungeon event, gifts for players regardless of the length of time they have played the game, and the debut of the gnome player race, among other things. The anniversary dungeon can be found in house phiarlan.

Don't purify the healing spring!!!! Trust me!!!
    Unless you have a high dodge, .........at least it was paper cups and not arrows LOL
    Some dwarves can be so touchy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Oh yeah! And servers are DOWN even BEFORE the update!

Keep the good job, Turbine. Or not.

With everything they are doing you would think the servers might have to go down for a at least a little while to do all this.....

"sigh" give someone a break why don't ya

maybe just once??
    Don't purify the healing spring!!!! Trust me!!!
    Unless you have a high dodge, .........at least it was paper cups and not arrows LOL
    Some dwarves can be so touchy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hafeal View Post
    Happy Birthday DDO!

Whew, 10 years ... where did the time go?

Here's to 10 more!

Agreed.
    As the saying goes, "There is more than one way to skin a cat. (No offence to cats, cat lovers, or people that want to be cats)
    "Everything taste like chicken, 'cept chicken, that taste like turkey.", quoth the barbarian.

Happy 10th Birthday DDO! You changed my life in so many ways over the last 9 years, you'll always be in my heart. In 2007 I met my future husband in Prison of the Planes, and we got married in 2012. I've made so many friends over the years, far to many to mention them all, but some who will be friends for life, even met up with a few guildiies despite living in Scotland and most of them in USA.

On Fernia people often told me I had the most recognisable voice on the server, perhaps the only Scot on an american server, I remember having so much fun, was such a nice community there. To anyone i've ever played with, on fernia, or ghallanda when we merged all those years ago, thanks for being part of it all. Hopefully DDO will be around a bit longer and the fun will continue.

Misscarlet~Klya~Chelsey~Mvffin~Sporren~Heathers~Mi nimvffin~Lillmiss~Crumpet~Evanny
    GUILD LEADER: Southern Tenant Farmers Union SERVER: Ghallanda, RIP Fernia

Community Member

Default Extend cove?

With the debacle fouling one of the only 2 weekend afternoons Cove was scheduled to run, could we get it extended through at least next weekend?

More would be nice, but at the very least one more weekend. Many of us can't really play during the week, and the crash and instability Sunday cut into the already frustratingly short window. Knowing the event was extended to compensate would cool some flaring tempers.

If running all of the events at once was the cause of the crash (lag was horriffic leading up to it) then spreading the events out would be fine, but please tell us before the end of this one so we know to save up rather than settle for lesser rewards if we can't quite afford what we want.
    I am profoundly disappointed with the current state and direction of DDO, and my purchasing habits reflect this. A drastic improvement in quality of life, transparency, and honest communication would improve my spending. Promises and "more squeeze" will not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauf View Post
    We get to race Gnomes?!

Sweet!

You think that is cool, wait for the Gnome Tossing Event

Community Member

Thumbs up Happy 10th DDO and wishing you many more years

I just wanted to say how much I love this game. It a great place for me and my gaming buddies and friends to get together and enjoy a few hours a week of "Geek Time". I'm disabled and don't get around very well but this game gives me a great outlet to enjoy one of my favorite RPG hobbies (Dungeon's and Dragons). Just wanted you guys and gals to know your work really dose matter to people and your efforts and appreciated. Looking forward to many many more years in this game and the future of MMO gaming: VR, Other D&D word's like SpellJammer's, Player Housing, etc...
    "You don't stop gaming because you grow old! You grow old because you stop gaming" - Katbrat

World: Thelanis
    Guild: The Avengers
    Alts:
    Sorrianna BARD/28
    Kassanna SORC/25
    Kasena FoS/23
    Harpo ART/25

Community Manager

NOTE: The 10th Anniversary Token will appear in your green Ingredients Bag if you have the bag set to auto-gather.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

NOTE: The 10th Anniversary Token will appear in your green Ingredients Bag if you have the bag set to auto-gather.
    I get a token? What's it do? Got to go see!!! Hope it's something I can use!

Quote Originally Posted by AMADHA View Post
    I get a token? What's it do? Got to go see!!! Hope it's something I can use!
    If there is nothing you can use from this list, you have been playing the game too long :P

Quiver of Alacrity
    Hellfire Crossbow
    Mantle of the Worldshaper
    Voice of the Master
    Belt of Brute Strength
    Chattering Ring
    Kundarak Delving Boots
    Seven Fingered Gloves
    Shining Crescents
    Minos Legens
    Chaosblade
    Marilith Chain
    Gauntlets of Eternity
    Litany of the Dead
    Madstone Boots
    Ring of Lies
    Tharne's Goggles
    Deathnip
    Levik's Defender
    Skiver
    Staff of the Petitioner
    Twinblade
    Unwavering Ardency
    Divine Vengeance
    Quorforged Docent of Battle
    Xachosian Eardweller
    Toven's Hammer
    Epic Helm of the Red Dragon
    Antipode, Fist of the Horizon
    Balizarde, Protector of the King
    Celestia, Brightest Star of Day
    Cleaver, Hewer of Suffering
    Needle, Quill-slinger
    Pinion, Cloud-piercer
    Sireth, Spear of the Sky
    Sword of Shadow
    That's from DDO wiki. Sword of Shadow wasn't on that list until today, AFAIK, so that's quite a major addition.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    If there is nothing you can use from this list, you have been playing the game too long :P

That's from DDO wiki. Sword of Shadow wasn't on that list until today, AFAIK, so that's quite a major addition.
    From what I can see, I must have been playing too long, nothing really there for a 30th level character. Pinion and suchlike were released in the raiders boxes and Litany whilst useful for heroic levels doesn't help out at endgame. I would've thought that there would've been Epic gear included.

Quote Originally Posted by seldarin View Post
    From what I can see, I must have been playing too long, nothing really there for a 30th level character. Pinion and suchlike were released in the raiders boxes and Litany whilst useful for heroic levels doesn't help out at endgame. I would've thought that there would've been Epic gear included.
    Well, that's not really the intention. Here's the actual post from Cordovan:

In regard to the 10th anniversary item giveaway, the intention was not to outfit every character in the game with a current-best-as-of-2016 piece of end game raid loot. The intention is to look back at named loot over the history of DDO, featuring some of the most-sought-after items over the course of the game's history. The items needed to be Bound to Character for obvious reasons, and we didn't want to provide augments.

Please keep in mind that things like Minos Legens are "easy to get" IF you have the adventure pack and do the work. This list is meant to offer various things to the entirety of the community, from people who remember running an older raid many times but never getting that one thing, to free players who don't have everything unlocked. The Voice of the Master and Mantle of the Worldshaper are being offered so that someone who either doesn't have the other pack, or doesn't want to run it, can make their augment. The Hellfire Crossbow is a great low-level weapon, and is one of the most sought-after weapons at its level. Sure, it doesn't have a huge use at end-game, but that's not the point.

Ultimately, we wanted to strike a balance between offering some of the most popular items over the game's history with not invalidating the hard work people did to acquire things over the years. We also wanted to not eat too much into current raids, nor offer something that would have too much of an impact on the game if "everyone had it", like the Ring of Spell Storing or Mysterious Bauble. For various technical reasons we mostly couldn't include upgraded things, and also liked the idea of some of this stuff perhaps motivating people to go into this older content to upgrade their stuff. Everything had to be Bound to Character on Acquire. And ultimately this is a free gift, so we had to operate under the assumption that anything we put in there could be potentially taken by every player in the game.
    So if you have no interest in snagging some great but hard to find items for a large range of levels, then yeah you might be disappointed. For everyone else though, there are a bunch of great choices. Personally I'm thrilled to finally be able to get some Litanys.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seldarin View Post
    I'll admit that I'm probably going to choose the Quiver of Alacrity just for the ML1 +30% run speed. That thing is damn near impossible to get anymore (and even when people ran the Heroic Abbot regularly-ish, that's not an item that people are going to put up for /roll) and it's unique in what it offers.

The only thing that could possibly tempt me away from the Quiver of Alacrity are a Torc or maybe the Litany on a couple of characters. Yes, I know that we get a nice run speed boost from Ship buffs, but having that run speed boost reliably all of the time is just lovely.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    I'm looking at the Djinni in-game right now and I don't see Sword of Shadow on the list. That might be an error on the wiki.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    I'm looking at the Djinni in-game right now and I don't see Sword of Shadow on the list. That might be an error on the wiki.
    Yeah, I wasn't sure if that was accurate or not. Seemed odd that it was only just added to the wiki list.

Community Member

Looking at the list, IMHO they have added some junk and missed some of the more useful items. Just my opinion though. Yes there are some useful things for heroic levelling, but having added Balizarde etc, they have just rehashed stuff from the raiders boxes. Seven fingered gloves, LOTD and quiver, kundark boots all useful at heroic levels. Divine Vengeance, lvl 18, +5, Cold Iron, on a 10th Anniversary list imho is nothing short of insulting. Might as well have just left that spot blank

Just my opinion. It should be a celebration of all 10 years, which would include current, but again, just my opinion

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast