Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Red face omg!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Only groups, not raid groups. We had the raid bonus last weekend, though.

Too cool! I'm pretty sure some of them still work, while others do not.

Just wanted to say that reading people's stories in this thread has been really great, we're honored.
    hey i remember this! holy holy awesome!!!

Community Member

Default gnome race??

You can if you want to!
    The exploitation of gnomes is wrong, be it for racing or any other purpose. For someone in such a high profile position, such as yourself, to condone activities such as this and in fact encourage the abuse of gnomes in any fashion at all is deplorable.
    I hope you will reconsider your blatant disregard for not just gnomes but any sentient being getting used for the entertainment of others. It is bad enough that gnomes all over the world are being used to stand watch over peoples lawns without any consideration to how they feel, being forced by advertisers to promote travel to places gnomes have no interest in visiting..... not to mention being forced to stand in gardens 24/7 the world over.

We at the NAAGP (National Association for the Advancement of Gnomish People) condemn this and any other behavior that cheapens the value of gnomes in modern gameplay society

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joxstero View Post
    Okay, listen. We're getting a raid item FOR FREE, We're getting back Ottos, +7 tomes, and a whole lot of other things. And we're getting more and more by the second. INCLUDING DOUBLE POINTS. DID you really just say shouldve been 3x points... My guildies and my friends always ask me why I'm grumpy .. Well its because of people like you. I hope you step on a lego piece
    Speaking as someone who is only logging in for the Anniversary event double bonus points doesnt interest me but triple points would have done.

Community Member

Thank you for making DDO, and thank you for all the stuff you do!!!

Community Manager

I did want to also add that this thread would be a great place for folks to publicize their own happenings in-game or in the community. If you're doing a special podcast, livestream, trivia event, real-life gathering for buffs, etc. this weekend...let people know about it here!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Anniv.

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    sounds great.

I would have liked to seen a special cosmetic for long term people though
    A special anniverssary Tin Foil cosmetic hat would be great if we could put festival stuff on it. But make the hat unique and they can sell a different version in the store.

Happy birthday ddo. I cant believe I been playing for a decade.
    even still we are giving ddo a win for the best mmo.
    I don't think much about the contest but a win is a win.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Okay, listen. We're getting a raid item FOR FREE, We're getting back Ottos, +7 tomes, and a whole lot of other things. And we're getting more and more by the second. INCLUDING DOUBLE POINTS. DID you really just say shouldve been 3x points... My guildies and my friends always ask me why I'm grumpy .. Well its because of people like you. I hope you step on a lego piece
    What raid item are we getting? I missed that part.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lauf View Post
    We get to race Gnomes?!

Sweet!
    In order to access the secret racetrack I believe you have to be wearing any boots with a ruby augment in them, then click your heels together three times, and say "There's no race like Gnome".

(...sorry...)

I don't necessarily think we needed 3X points, but I'm more than a little surprised that the 10th anniversary event doesn't seem to actually have any actual sales. As in, there are no items in the store that are being sold at X% off, or even a determine your discount sale. I figured that would have been a given, and I'm pretty bummed to see it isn't the case. Already expensive stuff like boxes and +7 tomes being made available for the whales to whale out on even more doesn't really hold quite as much appeal to the rest of us.

Edit: I spoke too soon! There is a 25% adventure pack sale. Good stuff!
    Last edited by Anoregon; 02-25-2016 at 01:59 PM.

Red face

Happy birthday!

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    What raid item are we getting? I missed that part.
    the birthday cake gives you one choice of several old raid items - such as pinion, marilith chain, and madstone boots
    main toons: hauteur(silly caster) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly paladin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Thumbs up

In addition, starting on February 25th late morning Eastern and running through Thursday, March 3rd, players will get the following bonuses:

• Champion Hunter Week – All items are available in the Champion Vendor in the Hall of Heroes
    • Risia Ice Games – Ice ramp fun in The Harbor of Stormreach in Eberron
    • Eveningstar Midwinter Festival – Ice skating fun in the village of Eveningstar, located in the Forgotten Realms
    • Festivult – a winter holiday-themed event where players collect coins and turn them in for various cookies from the Jester of Festivult
    • Euphonia’s Challenge: Treasure of Crystal Cove – a pirate-themed event where players battle pirates on an island, then team up with kobold miners to gather crystals in a special challenge dungeon
    • +20% Challenge Rewards
    • +10% Heroic and Epic XP
    Awesome and Thank you! (I've been missing the last several CC events because I was in the middle of a TR and couldn't get into the higher instances)>

Happy Anniversary and what a ride!

I first came to DDO when I heard that Middle Earth Online was going to be using the same game engine and as a Dungeon Master from the days of (basic) D&D I wanted to check ddo out . The game was packaged by ATARI (iirc) and I played right up until I was accepted into the LOTRO beta which led me to become a founding Lifetime member there. (I believe LOTRO is two years behind DDO so I did get almost a year into DDO).
    My original character was lost, and the email I had used for it discontinued, but like the cat, I kept coming back. I created a new account shortly after the Shroud was released. I've been here on and off ever since, mostly on.

The Harbor tokens to advance in level and gain access to the upper Harbor... Zin was such a stickler. And I do remember getting stuck in the Market tent and having to get a GM to unstick me.

I remember the very first time I was in the Shroud and a member of the raid said they needed a large devil scale. I pulled one, and being my first time was a long way away from making my first GS so I offered it to him.
    I got blasted so hard by everyone for not putting it up for /roll I was stunned. (Thankfully don't run into that as much anymore and the Legendary groups I've been fortunate to join have been awesome!)

Anyways I thank you all for the effort you've all put into this and though you don't often see good reviews on these forums there are many of us out there who do appreciate all your effort!

*Throws confetti into the air and clogs up his cooling fans* (oh oh...)

World traveler: Since my first journey into Dereth I have ventured into new and exciting realms, Eberron, Faerun and Arda are to but name a few.The road goes ever on.

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    A special anniverssary Tin Foil cosmetic hat would be great if we could put festival stuff on it. But make the hat unique and they can sell a different version in the store.
    Even better if it added sacred +5 will save

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Iwant_DiabloThree View Post
    The exploitation of gnomes is wrong, be it for racing or any other purpose. For someone in such a high profile position, such as yourself, to condone activities such as this and in fact encourage the abuse of gnomes in any fashion at all is deplorable.
    I hope you will reconsider your blatant disregard for not just gnomes but any sentient being getting used for the entertainment of others. It is bad enough that gnomes all over the world are being used to stand watch over peoples lawns without any consideration to how they feel, being forced by advertisers to promote travel to places gnomes have no interest in visiting..... not to mention being forced to stand in gardens 24/7 the world over.

We at the NAAGP (National Association for the Advancement of Gnomish People) condemn this and any other behavior that cheapens the value of gnomes in modern gameplay society
    On the contrary, I see organized Gnome racing as proof that the shorter among us can overcome their lesser stride length (presumably through Jump potions and Haste/Striding/Speed), thereby proclaiming the glory of Gnomes!

Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

in the bowels of the C/A/S iTyrant Seas - Kraken Class

Quote Originally Posted by Iwant_DiabloThree View Post

We at the NAAK (National Association for the Advancement of Kobold) stand with this statement and with our new found friend Malicia in condemning the continued need to remember the waterworks!

Only thing missing now is Double Daily Dice XPs.

CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The official date was definitely 9/9/9 (September 9th, 2009). It's memorable!
    Yep, and it was the advertising blitz following FTP that somehow found me. I joined in late 2009 - Oct or Nov. Went VIP by early 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Only thing missing now is Double Daily Dice XPs.

Good point, and it doesn't cause lag. Besides I can always use that 200xp.

Community Member

Default Happy Birthday DDO

Been playing for 10 years still love this game.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast