Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by notyetdead View Post
    On June 9, 2009, the official D&D Online website announced that Dungeons & Dragons Online would convert to a subscriptionless "free to play" game for players in North America, under the new name Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited. The level cap would be increased to level 20 and free users would have access to the majority of game content; some features would have to be purchased with Turbine points or unlocked through play. There would be VIP access with additional features available, as well as free Turbine points. Closed beta registration opened on June 9, 2009. The game and contents were free to download on September 1 for VIP members and September 9 for the general North American public

I got this from wikipedia but I don't think it's right.
    To confirm that, yes it is 100% true. But that only covers the F2P release date, prior to said time the game was available only to paid accounts. There was a long dead time in the game as legal matters kept the game from growing. After said matters got resolved, we got a new game name, broccoli, the store, and f2p people.
    I would have a sig, but Someone might be offended by it so I will just list characters.
    Vicinity, Proximity, and far to many bank toons too list.
    -Sorry to any bank toons that are offended by me not listing mine-
    Ravensguard, Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The official date was definitely 9/9/9 (September 9th, 2009). It's memorable!
    What are we doing out simcity taxes now?
    I would have a sig, but Someone might be offended by it so I will just list characters.
    Vicinity, Proximity, and far to many bank toons too list.
    -Sorry to any bank toons that are offended by me not listing mine-
    Ravensguard, Ghallanda

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Thar View Post
    is the 5% for raids and quests or just quests?
    Only groups, not raid groups. We had the raid bonus last weekend, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ferd View Post
    I have a toon from 2007 on G-Land that has all the "gifts" we've gotten. I added the extra cropped screenshot of the 5th year invitation to the 6th year cake w/ Djinni for those that weren't around then.

Too cool! I'm pretty sure some of them still work, while others do not.

Just wanted to say that reading people's stories in this thread has been really great, we're honored.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Gratz DDO, 10 years, altho I've only enjoyed it since it went F2P

Community Member

Default Travelling during event

It wasn't specifically stated or maybe I misunderstood, but you're introducing u30 on Monday, and the event runs until Mar 3.

I'm on travel that entire time and will be unable to log in until after March 3. If I'm able to log in today and tomorrow, will I miss anything from Monday to Thursday? Or is it possible to do it all before Sunday, when I fly out for mission?

Community Member

Default Cordo, love ya like a brother man...but

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Dungeons & Dragons Online will be celebrating its 10th Anniversary starting on Thursday with a series of events, bonuses, and public broadcasts! Starting late morning Eastern on Thursday and running through Sunday, February 28th, players will get:

• +30% Guild Renown
    • +5% XP bonus per Party Member
    • Double Mysterious Remnants
    • +1 Loot

In addition, starting on February 25th late morning Eastern and running through Thursday, March 3rd, players will get the following bonuses:

• Champion Hunter Week – All items are available in the Champion Vendor in the Hall of Heroes
    • Risia Ice Games – Ice ramp fun in The Harbor of Stormreach in Eberron
    • Eveningstar Midwinter Festival – Ice skating fun in the village of Eveningstar, located in the Forgotten Realms
    • Festivult – a winter holiday-themed event where players collect coins and turn them in for various cookies from the Jester of Festivult
    • Euphonia’s Challenge: Treasure of Crystal Cove – a pirate-themed event where players battle pirates on an island, then team up with kobold miners to gather crystals in a special challenge dungeon
    • +20% Challenge Rewards
    • +10% Heroic and Epic XP

I will be hosting a 12-hour livestream from 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM Eastern on Twitch.tv/DDOstream on Friday, February 26th! The livestream will feature interviews with developers and other DDO team members past and present, in-game events and contests, and a look at the history of DDO over the past ten years. This will also be broadcast to YouTube Gaming at youtube.com/dungeonsanddragons/live.

Finally, we are expecting to debut Update 30 on Monday, February 29th! This update includes a special 10th anniversary dungeon event, gifts for players regardless of the length of time they have played the game, and the debut of the Gnome player race, among other things.
    I would love to say thanks and how awesome....... but as long as there is only single instances of the harbor to do jumps in...... its a complete waste of time even firing up the darn thing.
    Spending 10 seconds to do the routine..... and then waiting forever for the coins to reappear so you can spend another 10 seconds doing the jump again..... well, thats no fun at all and doesnt feel the least bit festive

Community Member

Default Happy to be A part of this milestone!

I am honoured to be just one member of this big family here in DDO. Since my Fiance intorduced me to

the game in November of last year, I fell right in love with it, and can't wait to see what new adventures are to come.

Thank you for all your hard work Happy 10th DDO!

Default Kobold's

I would love to see Kobold's become a playable race and I know I don't stand alone in that. Even more so than foolish Gnomes.

Also, the inclusion of the able-learner feat would make the game much more enjoyable for those like myself who multi-class.
    Last edited by Gnabb; 02-25-2016 at 10:43 AM.

and the debut of the Gnome player race, among other things.
    We get to race Gnomes?!

Sweet!

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Lauf View Post
    We get to race Gnomes?!

Sweet!
    You can if you want to!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Default 3x

Shoulda been triple bonus points instead of double.

Community Member

Default Happy birthday and thank you

We guys from the Czech Republic far away on the other side of the world wish to thank you for 7 great years with DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Dragonsbane View Post
    This is why we can't have nice things good sir. I hope you trip on your ethernet cord.
    Tdow - Ghallanda

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Dragonsbane View Post

Okay, listen. We're getting a raid item FOR FREE, We're getting back Ottos, +7 tomes, and a whole lot of other things. And we're getting more and more by the second. INCLUDING DOUBLE POINTS. DID you really just say shouldve been 3x points... My guildies and my friends always ask me why I'm grumpy .. Well its because of people like you. I hope you step on a lego piece

Default in

Community Member

Default kobolds

not much of a poster, but im in favor of playing a kobold, doesn't even have to be powerful

Quote Originally Posted by arkyday View Post
    not much of a poster, but im in favor of playing a kobold, doesn't even have to be powerful
    Absolutely! Maybe throw in some competitions with Kobold's vs gnomes.

Community Member

Default Most Amazing Game! XD

Dungeons & Dragons Online will be celebrating its 10th Anniversary starting on Thursday with a series of events, bonuses, and public broadcasts! Starting late morning Eastern on Thursday and running through Sunday, February 28th, players will get:

• +30% Guild Renown
    • +5% XP bonus per Party Member
    • Double Mysterious Remnants
    • +1 Loot

In addition, starting on February 25th late morning Eastern and running through Thursday, March 3rd, players will get the following bonuses:

• Champion Hunter Week – All items are available in the Champion Vendor in the Hall of Heroes
    • Risia Ice Games – Ice ramp fun in The Harbor of Stormreach in Eberron
    • Eveningstar Midwinter Festival – Ice skating fun in the village of Eveningstar, located in the Forgotten Realms
    • Festivult – a winter holiday-themed event where players collect coins and turn them in for various cookies from the Jester of Festivult
    • Euphonia’s Challenge: Treasure of Crystal Cove – a pirate-themed event where players battle pirates on an island, then team up with kobold miners to gather crystals in a special challenge dungeon
    • +20% Challenge Rewards
    • +10% Heroic and Epic XP

I will be hosting a 12-hour livestream from 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM Eastern on Twitch.tv/DDOstream on Friday, February 26th! The livestream will feature interviews with developers and other DDO team members past and present, in-game events and contests, and a look at the history of DDO over the past ten years. This will also be broadcast to YouTube Gaming at youtube.com/dungeonsanddragons/live.

Finally, we are expecting to debut Update 30 on Monday, February 29th! This update includes a special 10th anniversary dungeon event, gifts for players regardless of the length of time they have played the game, and the debut of the Gnome player race, among other things.
    congratz guys! i feel like that old transformer jet fire ive been playing for sooooooooo long i remember when max lvl was 10 this is such an amazing game i just hope theres more storyline quests to play cuz you guys have certainly done your job up to this point! i havent played any other mmo that gets me like this one,ive also played pnp dnd, and also the sega genesis version "Advance Dungeons And Dragons Warriors of the eternal sun" now that was a great game and the one thing in ddo that reminds me of that great game is , when your in the vale of twilight goto the bat rares and that music that plays is AWESOME, anyways PLZ God let there be atleast lvl 50 cuz we gamers need to eventually Kill LOLTH

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joxstero View Post
    Okay, listen. We're getting a raid item FOR FREE, We're getting back Ottos, +7 tomes, and a whole lot of other things. And we're getting more and more by the second. INCLUDING DOUBLE POINTS. DID you really just say shouldve been 3x points... My guildies and my friends always ask me why I'm grumpy .. Well its because of people like you. I hope you step on a lego piece
    I just think more people would spend real dollars on triple bonus points. With the +7tomes and other goodies all available at the same time, the relative attractiveness goes up if it appears that you are getting an extra bonus via the triple bonus points.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast