Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 81
  1. #21
    Community Member Derfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    So don't do challenges when you have potions running, simple as that.

    I don't think the devs need to make any changes to help pvp'ers, the systems are in place, and have been in place for years.

    Devs need to work on REAL problems; bugs especially, some new content....

    PVP is fine as it is.
    But what if you get them people who want to pvp for a couple of hours and they got 8 hours on xp pots because they drunk 2 of them? You have to wait 8 hours of quest time to go pvp? I agree with they need to work on bugs and new content. But it wouldnt hurt to fix pvp a little. A lot of the old players who loved pvp and played the game for pvp, quit because of it not being fine. And the devs want to satisfy all people, spending a little time to fix pvp would satisfy people. And not trying to be funny or anything, every time the game fixes 1 bug, then 3 bugs occur.
    Last edited by Derfy; 02-15-2016 at 03:01 PM.

  2. #22
    Community Member eris2323's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derfy View Post
    But what if you get them people who want to pvp for a couple of hours and they got 8 hours on xp pots because they drunk 2 of them? You have to wait 8 hours of quest time to go pvp? I agree with they need to work on bugs and new content. But it wouldnt hurt to fix pvp a little. A lot of the old players who loved pvp and played the game for pvp, quit because of it not being fine. And the devs want to satisfy all people, spending a little time to fix pvp would satisfy people. And not trying to be funny or anything, every time the game fixes 1 bug, then 3 bugs occur.
    Sounds like people should use the challenge system, as it will allow them to pick their opponents, and it will tick down their potions, requiring them to buy more, which will (if you are correct that lots of people are playing pvp) increase revenue for turbine.

    It's win-win, all around!
    If I seem rude, I'm sorry, I just have strong feelings about this game, since I've only played two games in the last few years., and this is my only multiplayer game. I'm much nicer in game.
    - Sinicala, leader of Griffons Nest - Sarlona

  3. #23
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Dreaming of Reaper
    Posts
    373

    Default

    I wouldn't be against eliminating HtH and capering from PvP, but that's not really the problem.

    What's more of a problem is the hp inflation of high-level mobs, and related dps inflation of players. This in itself isn't a problem, but since player HP didn't get inflated nearly as much as mobs did, PvP took a huge hit.

    Example:
    I can parse 5k dps easily on my tempest ranger (on Lam). That means that I can kill any other player in a few seconds max. So PvP becomes who can hit first.

    Hurl, Otto's Irresistible Dance, and other things don't help, but they aren't the main problem.
    Ligraph, Andonar and Inos on Khyber.

  4. #24
    Community Member Derfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    Sounds like people should use the challenge system, as it will allow them to pick their opponents, and it will tick down their potions, requiring them to buy more, which will (if you are correct that lots of people are playing pvp) increase revenue for turbine.

    It's win-win, all around!
    Actually people wont do the challenges because it drains your pots. If it didnt, then a lot of people would do challenges. And they wouldnt buy more potions because the challenge drains them, they just wont do the challenge, and potions are kind of expensive and people dont want to pay so much for them. So if they banned hurl and caper, then the people would go to pvp more and actually have fun. A lot of people hate questing from the second they get on, to the second they get off. They want to take a break and go to pvp. But then, they cant because of caper and hurl, and they dont do the challenges because it drains there pots and they dont want to have to buy more.
    Last edited by Derfy; 02-15-2016 at 03:15 PM.

  5. #25
    Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter
    Livmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarlona
    Posts
    5,132

    Default No

    Quote Originally Posted by Derfy View Post
    Like no joke, I have been followed to every tavern by warlocks and all they do is spam hurl. This game is just coming out with things that is so cheap for pvp and just ruins it. Then when you try to fight someone, some level 15 iconic who clearly made the character to stun in pvp jumps down and uses disable construct, then before you can get out of it, they song of capering you and keep you stunned. Song of capering is just making people make level 15's and not playing the game. Hurl just makes a lot of people go warlock and never spend a drop of money on the game because they got what they want and spam hurl. But if hurl was banned, people would spend money to go different things and the same goes for caper. If you ban caper, then the people who just make level 15's and not spend any money or what so ever, will stop doing this and actually spend money to level a build they actually care for.
    You cannot spam Hurl, because it has a slow cool down. It's only a small part of the warlock tool kit.

  6. #26
    Community Member Derfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    You cannot spam Hurl, because it has a slow cool down. It's only a small part of the warlock tool kit.
    The cooldown is 25 seconds, and if they hit a player with hurl, it takes a little more than 25 seconds to go to the top, heal up and buff yourself. So you can spam hurl. And if there is more a few warlocks helping each other, they can spam the arena and prevent people from fighting.
    Last edited by Derfy; 02-15-2016 at 03:23 PM.

  7. #27
    Community Member Derfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elsbet View Post
    No, most people really don't and banning two very useful tools won't change that.
    Banning the two most common spams would make pvp better.

  8. #28
    Community Member Loromir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    4,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derfy View Post
    The cooldown is 25 seconds, and if they hit a player with hurl, it takes a little more than 25 seconds to go to the top, heal up and buff yourself. So you can spam hurl. And if there is more a few warlocks helping each other, they can spam the arena and prevent people from fighting.
    You mean Warlocks don't spam hurl at each other?

    Actually...I don't care to see the devs spend time and resources to improve PVP. With that being said...if there is some quick and easy change the devs can make to make the PVPers happy...then I'm all for it.

    To say that "No one" cares about PVP is in correct. They may be in the minority...but there are still players out there who like PVP.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo174 View Post
    Opening up the casual difficulty for raids would have been a much better solution. Since all the whiners are just complaining about not being able to play through the content they paid for. Just give them their casual difficulty. Since they are just a bunch of casuals.


    Proud Member of the Bunch of Casuals Club!!!!!

  9. #29
    Community Member Derfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ligraph View Post
    I wouldn't be against eliminating HtH and capering from PvP, but that's not really the problem.

    What's more of a problem is the hp inflation of high-level mobs, and related dps inflation of players. This in itself isn't a problem, but since player HP didn't get inflated nearly as much as mobs did, PvP took a huge hit.

    Example:
    I can parse 5k dps easily on my tempest ranger (on Lam). That means that I can kill any other player in a few seconds max. So PvP becomes who can hit first.

    Hurl, Otto's Irresistible Dance, and other things don't help, but they aren't the main problem.
    If hurl was banned from pvp. People could fight a little more fairly. If caper was banned, everyone would be better off because the shield just messes the players damage up, and spell power. Some people can make builds with higher damage and take more hits. So a player could get the first 3 hits on someone then the other person ends up winning. Two handed fighters can kill two weapon fighters and the two weapon fighters get the first swing and attack faster.

  10. #30
    Community Member Derfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kinggartk View Post
    You mean Warlocks don't spam hurl at each other?

    Actually...I don't care to see the devs spend time and resources to improve PVP. With that being said...if there is some quick and easy change the devs can make to make the PVPers happy...then I'm all for it.

    To say that "No one" cares about PVP is in correct. They may be in the minority...but there are still players out there who like PVP.
    If warlocks couldnt use hurl in pvp, then other warlocks which are sonic or acid warlocks, could actually fight the other one up close instead of getting spammed. And I 100% agree with you about if they can do something quick and easy, then they should do it. And you are correct about pvp being the minority but still is cared for. You are one of the very few players who actually understand that. More people should think that way.

  11. #31
    Community Member Elsbet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia--Get me outta here!
    Posts
    1,693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derfy View Post
    Banning the two most common spams would make pvp better.
    Newsflash: This isn't a PVP game. Those two things are exceptionally useful in 99% of the game. The only time I see PVP used on Argo is for Hawks' dance parties. It doesn't get used for PVP.

    ~Anaelsbet~; ~Elsbet~; ~Lilabet~; ~Islabet~; ~Phaeddre~
    ~Ascent~

  12. #32
    Community Member Derfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elsbet View Post
    Newsflash: This isn't a PVP game. Those two things are exceptionally useful in 99% of the game. The only time I see PVP used on Argo is for Hawks' dance parties. It doesn't get used for PVP.
    Thats because argo pvp is dead. There are pvp on other servers. I will say this again. I dont want the 2 things banned completely. Just for pvp. They banned caper for a while and brought it back. When they banned caper, it affected it in no way shape or form in quest. It was only affected in pvp. Like, you cant cast globe of invulnerability in pvp but that doesnt affect the spell in quest. Just for pvp.

  13. #33
    Community Member Erofen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derfy View Post
    The cooldown is 25 seconds, and if they hit a player with hurl, it takes a little more than 25 seconds to go to the top, heal up and buff yourself. So you can spam hurl. And if there is more a few warlocks helping each other, they can spam the arena and prevent people from fighting.
    I do not agree with your time assessment on healing up and stuff, but regardless...

    You do know there are several arenas right? Wayward Lobster is not the only one.

    Also have you tried getting a Pale Lavender Ioun Stone or a Jeweled Cloak or something? Or... I don't know... getting higher saves instead of complaining about someone being unfair? Heck you can probably even /death. If all else fails what is stopping you from doing what they did to you back?

    I have enjoyed several pvp fights with friends and have been griefed too. If a certain person just holds you in the pit endlessly without killing just report and move on or have your friends kill them and free you.

    I also am of the group that does not want time spent messing with pvp. There are many more important things to do, and even though I can enjoy a good pvping, it is no where near as important as fixing ANYTHING else in this game. Heck I would rather them fix typos and string errors.
    Orien: ~Erofen (30 Assassin Rogue) ~Erofenlock (30 EB Warlock) ~Erofenmonk (30 Light Monk) ~Erofentrap (30 Roguerficer (1st TR/Legend Build ever)) ~Erofenbarb (30 Barb) ~Erofenbless (30 FvS Chest Blesser) ~Erofenthree (30 Bard Dualbox) ~Erofenten (30 Barb Triplebox)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'? Kex! Stop It! O.o

  14. #34
    Community Member Derfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erofen View Post
    I do not agree with your time assessment on healing up and stuff, but regardless...

    You do know there are several arenas right? Wayward Lobster is not the only one.

    Also have you tried getting a Pale Lavender Ioun Stone or a Jeweled Cloak or something? Or... I don't know... getting higher saves instead of complaining about someone being unfair? Heck you can probably even /death. If all else fails what is stopping you from doing what they did to you back?

    I have enjoyed several pvp fights with friends and have been griefed too. If a certain person just holds you in the pit endlessly without killing just report and move on or have your friends kill them and free you.

    I also am of the group that does not want time spent messing with pvp. There are many more important things to do, and even though I can enjoy a good pvping, it is no where near as important as fixing ANYTHING else in this game. Heck I would rather them fix typos and string errors.
    I will say it again. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you dont like pvp, who cares? You not liking pvp doesnt make the ones who do like it dislike it. First off, spell block doesnt block hurl or caper. A pvp'er would know that. My alt I pvp on now have high enough to save it but its unfair for people who want to go a barbarian or something. And if you read the intro paragraph to this, you should be able to comprehend that is says they follow you to different taverns. And caper will make an alt wear a shield. Like that would ruin a fist build monk and other things. If you send a ticket in about a spamming bard, it takes over an hour to get a response and 99% of the time, nothing even happens. And if you dont like pvp'ing, Good for you. Go quest or something. But the pvp'ers want to pvp. And there are times when you go to pvp to fight other people and you dont have a friend to help you. What if your friend doesnt have undead or the shield???? The friend will be danced right next to you. The reason I dont do what they do is because there is absolutely nothing fun about hiding in a corner spamming hurl or jumping down with caper and keeping someone stunned. I understand a bard will stun you and try to kill you, but those bards dont exist anymore. Now, the only bards in pvp are the ones who enjoy keeping you stunned. So at least put a little thought into something before you go tell it.
    Last edited by Derfy; 02-15-2016 at 05:43 PM.
    The King

  15. #35
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erofen View Post
    I do not agree with your time assessment on healing up and stuff, but regardless...

    You do know there are several arenas right? Wayward Lobster is not the only one.

    Also have you tried getting a Pale Lavender Ioun Stone or a Jeweled Cloak or something? Or... I don't know... getting higher saves instead of complaining about someone being unfair? Heck you can probably even /death. If all else fails what is stopping you from doing what they did to you back?

    I have enjoyed several pvp fights with friends and have been griefed too. If a certain person just holds you in the pit endlessly without killing just report and move on or have your friends kill them and free you.

    I also am of the group that does not want time spent messing with pvp. There are many more important things to do, and even though I can enjoy a good pvping, it is no where near as important as fixing ANYTHING else in this game. Heck I would rather them fix typos and string errors.
    Hurl goes through spellblock. Derfy mentioned in his post at the beginning that they follow you to different taverns. It takes about 10 seconds for your sp drink to give you your first set of sp. Then it takes about 2-3 seconds to heal depending on what you are. Some people take about 10 seconds to heal up completely. Then it takes about another 7-10 seconds to buff yourself. That equals out to average around 25 seconds so when you go down, their hurl is back.

  16. #36
    Scourge of Slayers FAQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,058

    Default

    This is what I believe devs think about PvP

    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-want-more-PvP
    Keepers of Khyber - Proud Guild Leader

    Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    This is how it should scale: Random loot < Named Loot < Raid Named Loot.
    The Trophy Room A great idea. Please do this devs!

  17. #37
    Community Member hunzi2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Sorry mate,

    agree with the rest of the people playing.
    Dungeons and Dragons is designed to be a questing atmosphere (preferably in groups), pvp is an unimportant aspect of this game.
    therefore doesn't get any attention, as the game was never ment to have PVP.
    sorry mate.

  18. #38
    Community Member Derfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hunzi2010 View Post
    Sorry mate,

    agree with the rest of the people playing.
    Dungeons and Dragons is designed to be a questing atmosphere (preferably in groups), pvp is an unimportant aspect of this game.
    therefore doesn't get any attention, as the game was never ment to have PVP.
    sorry mate.
    If it doesnt get any attention, then how come they banned caper for a while then brought it back??? Means it got some attention. Forums is what got it banned so why not ban it again? DDO pvp was so much better when they banned it. I understand a lot of people love to quest and a lot of the game is questing. But part of the game is pvp. If its there, then it is part of the game. It may not be the majority but it is still a part of the game and would satisfy pvp'ers if these are banned.
    Last edited by Derfy; 02-15-2016 at 06:59 PM.
    The King

  19. #39
    Community Member Erofen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derfy View Post
    I will say it again. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you dont like pvp, who cares? You not liking pvp doesnt make the ones who do like it dislike it.

    First off, spell block doesnt block hurl or caper. A pvp'er would know that.

    My alt I pvp on now have high enough to save it but its unfair for people who want to go a barbarian or something.

    And if you read the intro paragraph to this, you should be able to comprehend that is says they follow you to different taverns.

    And caper will make an alt wear a shield. Like that would ruin a fist build monk and other things. If you send a ticket in about a spamming bard, it takes over an hour to get a response and 99% of the time, nothing even happens.

    And if you dont like pvp'ing, Good for you. Go quest or something. But the pvp'ers want to pvp.

    And there are times when you go to pvp to fight other people and you dont have a friend to help you. What if your friend doesnt have undead or the shield???? The friend will be danced right next to you. The reason I dont do what they do is because there is absolutely nothing fun about hiding in a corner spamming hurl or jumping down with caper and keeping someone stunned.

    I understand a bard will stun you and try to kill you, but those bards dont exist anymore. Now, the only bards in pvp are the ones who enjoy keeping you stunned. So at least put a little thought into something before you go tell it.
    1. Obviously you are having trouble reading because I specifically said I do enjoy it sometimes. I used to do it frequently.

    2. I did not remember, so I asked. Once again I do pvp, but not just on one toon so do not remember which toons were affected by that type of stuff or why.

    3. Barbarian is not stopped from having a high will save. Heck they could jump down and ear smash those pesky bards/warlocks.

    4. I missed that sorry, but if they are stalking you, you can report them.

    5. YMMV

    6. Read first paragraph.

    7. You refusing to issue their own medicine back to them or stop pvping is your problem, not Turbine's.

    8. They do exist, they may just be in the minority... just like you and the other people who want dev time spent on pvp.


    I will repeat this for the sake of clarity: I DO enjoy pvp, but DO NOT want dev time wasted on it.
    Orien: ~Erofen (30 Assassin Rogue) ~Erofenlock (30 EB Warlock) ~Erofenmonk (30 Light Monk) ~Erofentrap (30 Roguerficer (1st TR/Legend Build ever)) ~Erofenbarb (30 Barb) ~Erofenbless (30 FvS Chest Blesser) ~Erofenthree (30 Bard Dualbox) ~Erofenten (30 Barb Triplebox)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'? Kex! Stop It! O.o

  20. #40
    Community Member hunzi2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derfy View Post
    If it doesnt get any attention, then how come they banned caper for a while then brought it back??? Means it got some attention. Forums is what got it banned so why not ban it again? DDO pvp was so much better when they banned it. I understand a lot of people love to quest and a lot of the game is questing. But part of the game is pvp. If its there, then it is part of the game. It may not be the majority but it is still a part of the game and would satisfy pvp'ers if these are banned.
    Sorry mate.
    apologies if your not happy with my response, but again people like you banning stuff cos your dying just leads me to wonder why you want it banned? is it because your dying?
    make a warlock yourself.
    PVP if I had it my way would be banned, its a total waste of time and brings nothing to this game.
    cheers.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload