Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Overall I'm expecting classic hand-and-half Vanguard builds like this to see some noticeable DPS improvements, but it's not a radical game-changer vs other melee combat styles.
    My toon's KotC tree got wiped anyway, so I'll just read your PDK thread & see what adaptation looks like...

I wonder if it's worth giving up Unyielding Sovereignty since I won't be using longswords as much?

The devs made some last-minute buffs after the second Lama preview, in particular Strikethrough always works while moving, the target cap is now 5 (400% Strikethrough), and hand-and-a-half weapon damage mod was increased. I guess we'll see if it's enough to address the complaints.
    That's cool, thanks for the head's up. At a "glance" it looks better than glancing blows now.

Considering they just got 3x STR bonus to damage, it's hard for me to feel bad for 2H builds. The bigger losers will be SWF builds IMO.
    Did SWF get nerfed, or did it just remain the same? Because SWF has been superior to the old THF for a long time, if they evened out I'm not upset.

Also on the topic of pallys in general it reset all my AP spent in the KotC tree (as expected with all the changes) and it really seemed to help. I got more bang for the buck on the AP I originally spent in that tree.
    Last edited by Fedora1; 02-15-2020 at 10:45 AM.
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merfyn View Post
    I wonder if it's worth giving up Unyielding Sovereignty since I won't be using longswords as much?
    One of the advantages of U45 is if you want to use any Knight's Training weapons, it doesn't matter which deity you pick, because of the new Combatant line of enhancements. At tier-2 you gain Longswords, Battle Axes, Heavy Maces, Morningstars, and War Hammers as Favored weapons. At tier-3 you add greatswords as well, although it doesn't benefit from Knight's Training feat AFAIK. Add in the racial weapon options - e.g., wood elves can take Faith of the Forest to add Rapiers, Falchions, and Shortbows as Favored weapons - and you have a lot more options for paladins than before.

So you can pick your deity based on which level 6 ability you want rather than weapon type. Or alternatively, if you're playing a race which is restricted to certain deities (e.g., Morninglord, Bladeforged), you don't have to feel constrained by their favored weapon.
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    Did SWF get nerfed, or did it just remain the same?
    I meant in terms of relative DPS loss. Call it a nerf-by-proxy.

Old Divine Might: CHA 50 -> +20 STR -> +10 STR mod. For 2H and GSWF builds, that turned into +15 damage (1.5x mod).
    New Divine Might: CHA 50 (+20 mod) -> +10 damage regardless of combat style.

So both 2H and GSWF builds get a smaller DPS bonus from the new Divine Might. But 2H weapon builds just got a big DPS boost from the Strikethrough / THF overhaul; like I said, it's hard for me to feel bad for them that Divine Might is a smaller DPS bonus than it was a week ago considering all the other ways their DPS went UP. But SWF got bupkiss outside of specific edge cases, so between the DM nerf plus having to go through the hassle of regearing (swapping Insightful Deadly for Insightful STR), this update was not for them.
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567