Default Curse the Sky Devil DR

Can anyone explain why the devils(Bearded, Orthon, and Abashi) in Curse the Sky their DR cant be broken? I get the yellow numbers. But in the Shavarath and devils gambit quests i hit orange numbers on them. I use silver with Holy. And help would be great. Thanks in advanced.
    ...and then the smoke cleared....

Grun WF Barbarian
    Vindictica Human Fury Shot
    Windfire Shadar Kai Rogue
    Acidius Human Cleric
    Divania Sun Elf Wizzy
    Soulblood Half Orc Fighter

I'd check the combat log - it'll specify what type of DR is blocking it, so something like "X damage was blocked by silver damage reduction" or "X damage was blocked by good damage reduction"... If it just says "X damage was blocked by damage reduction" it means they have some /- . That type will be less than the other types, but always work. It could also be that newer monsters actually have PRR & MRR now, so that could be happening too & reducing by a % instead.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

They have PRR

This thread is only a couple of weeks old:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=Curse+the+sky

2017 DDO Players Council Starla70's Avatar

The choice was made to be sure there is a challenge to all content. So players had their PRR/MRR taken away from their armor, and the mobs got higher DR's more spells, and all kinds of other goodies players do not get. That is basically the issue in a nut shell.
    Argonnessen main server/Kachinna, Dannu, KKenzi, Shanahann, Kaystrra, Fnorr, and Kyliestar toons

Your Dice really do hate you.

Just finished a run to answer your inquiry. Cold Iron+Good breaks the DR of everything in the quest. The yellow damage numbers are indeed due to their PRR. Malicia's DR is Good or Cold Iron. The Erinyes DR is good. I estimate on LN these values are over 125 based on my slashing damage. Happy hunting
    The Shadow Sage of Nusemne

(LYCEUM OF SHADOW): "ONLY FOOLS CALL THE SHADOW EVIL"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pnumbra View Post
    Just finished a run to answer your inquiry. Cold Iron+Good breaks the DR of everything in the quest. The yellow damage numbers are indeed due to their PRR. Malicia's DR is Good or Cold Iron. The Erinyes DR is good. I estimate on LN these values are over 125 based on my slashing damage. Happy hunting
    I was using turbulent epee (metalline, aligned) and was hitting for 0 blitzed on a lot of mobs in that quest, including Malicia. Was also shapeshifted, maybe unarmed isn't getting metalline/aligned anymore since item changes. Was a new turbulent epee I picked up after 29. Maybe its no longer a treasure effect after patch 29, since none of the DR breaking update 29 properties work.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 01-20-2016 at 05:40 PM.

I'm in the quest now using Divine Artillery (Good). Neither Typeless, nor Silver, no Adamantine, nor Cold Iron bolts can break the DR even though I have Good. The log indicates Good is the problem.

Celestia.

Ruby of Good and the Ruby of Vampiric Slayer are wai. Added them to Fellblade to break the DR. This issue may be with Flametouched not being recognized properly.
    The Shadow Sage of Nusemne

(LYCEUM OF SHADOW): "ONLY FOOLS CALL THE SHADOW EVIL"

Quote Originally Posted by Pnumbra View Post
    Ruby of Good and the Ruby of Vampiric Slayer are wai. Added them to Fellblade to break the DR. This issue may be with Flametouched not being recognized properly.
    I'll test tomorrow when I'm home again, but I believe it breaks DR just fine in Trial of the Archons quests. I'll pay closer attention.

Edit: I figured it out. The damage thats being blocked by the DR/Good is the bleed damage from Lacerating Shots, which is completely negated to 0 in both Shavarath and Curse the Sky. My normal damage numbers are otherwise Orange in Shavarath and Yellow in Curse the sky, so PRR like a poster above mentioned maybe?
    Last edited by SkywalterDBZ; 02-07-2016 at 11:47 PM.

Community Member

In case it's not clear from previous posts, the Bearded Devils, Orthons, Abishai, etc. all have the same DR they do in any other quest in the game; that is, DR/Good or sometimes DR/Silver and Good, depending on where you find them.

In To Curse the Sky, however, they ALSO have PRR, which is displayed with the same yellow text that DR is. There's nothing to be done about that except to keep hitting them until they're dead. And since it's a percentage value instead of a flat DR number, there's no better or worse strategy against it (unlike with DR where single big hits are bigger than lots of small ones).

tl;dr: your standard devil beaters are working, you just still see yellow damage text.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bizbag View Post
    In To Curse the Sky, however, they ALSO have PRR, which is displayed with the same yellow text that DR is. There's nothing to be done about that except to keep hitting them until they're dead
    An elf or ranger could use their banishing arrow imbue