Default Unable to get buff from song of arcane might while using doj gloves, is this WAI?

If I try to sing song of arcane might, this do not stack with gauntlets of arcane soldier from doj. So the song is basically useless and a waste of AP, but I have to take it in order to have spell song vigor.

Is this WAI?
    Triple Heroic & Epic completionist. Eroic : 42/42 - Epic : 36/36 - Iconic : 12/12.

Nobody know or nobody care (more probably as it is spellsinger stuff) ?
    Triple Heroic & Epic completionist. Eroic : 42/42 - Epic : 36/36 - Iconic : 12/12.

What do you expect the people on the forums to do about it, fix it by magic? They say they're different bonus types (quality and morale), so they should stack. Are you sure you don't have another quality bonus somewhere?

If you've eliminated all other possibilities, bug report it and move on.

Ultimate Lord of Shadows Dreppo's Avatar

According to the wiki, Song of Arcane Might simply does not work at all.

Community Member

It is a morale bonus so check the bonus on the gloves.

I just logged into my bard it does extend my buffs by another minute when its sung.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    What do you expect the people on the forums to do about it, fix it by magic? They say they're different bonus types (quality and morale), so they should stack. Are you sure you don't have another quality bonus somewhere?

All I want to know if it's WAi or not htat's it no need to be angry

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreppo View Post
    According to the wiki, Song of Arcane Might simply does not work at all.
    It was fixed. Works great.

EDIT: I happen to have a character with the gauntlets and a dual box spellsinger. I can confirm that equipping the gauntlets hides the icon and suppresses the effect of the Song of Arcane Might.
    Last edited by cru121; 01-09-2016 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    It was fixed. Works great.

EDIT: I happen to have a character with the gauntlets and a dual box spellsinger. I can confirm that equipping the gauntlets hides the icon and suppresses the effect of the Song of Arcane Might.
    So plz dev, could you comment if this is WAI or not?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post

It's not quality. It's untyped. The relevant buff is from arcane augmentation IX. Provides +2 caster level, when arcane might provides +1 caster level.
    One would wonder if arcane might also works when wielding other arcane augmentation items like staff of the necromancer.

And finally, how about the spell song trance (+1 to DCs) that does not affect undead pale masters?

So many things broken in bard... Swash tree has several broken abilities, spellsinger songs work in mysterious ways and the destiny is totally borked.
    My main server is Khyber. Have toons in almost every server for favor purposes. The Faltouts

Quote Originally Posted by Faltout View Post
    It's not quality. It's untyped. The relevant buff is from arcane augmentation IX. Provides +2 caster level, when arcane might provides +1 caster level.
    One would wonder if arcane might also works when wielding other arcane augmentation items like staff of the necromancer.

And finally, how about the spell song trance (+1 to DCs) that does not affect undead pale masters?

So many things broken in bard... Swash tree has several broken abilities, spellsinger songs work in mysterious ways and the destiny is totally borked.
    Spellsinger is already gimp compared to any other build, so If song do not stack with item is even more useless.

Dev, pretty please an answer.