Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Update 29 Feats: Epic Destiny Feats

***Please make sure you have read this thread first, it contains an overview of Update 29 Feats.***

At level 29, you get your third Epic Destiny feat. Like the one you get at level 28, you can pick from any of the previous Epic Destiny feats you qualify for, as well as from a list of new options only available at level 29. These require 3 total destinies, though unlike previous Feats most of these require Destinies from multiple Spheres.

• Wind through the Trees (3 Primal Destinies)
      • When enemies hit or miss you, they have a 5% chance to be knocked down with no save. This may only trigger once every 12 seconds.

• Dire Charge (3 Martial Destinies)
      • Charge forward at the targeted foe. That foe and all nearby foes are subject to +2[w] damage and must make a Fortitude save or be stunned. Stun DC is (20 + highest ability modifier + bonus to stun attacks).

• Arcane Pulse (3 Arcane Destinies)
      • Spell: A magical pulse of force reverberates through the target's body, dealing 3d6+6 force damage every 2 seconds for a duration of 16 seconds. This spell can stack on the target up to 5 times, increasing the damage with each stack. 3 second cooldown

• Deific Warding (3 Divine Destinies)
      • When you take damage, add one stack of Deific Warding (+1 Sacred Bonus to MRR). This effect can stack up to 30 times. One stack is removed every 3 seconds.

• Dreamscape (2 Primal+ 1 Arcane)
      • Activate to pop off to the land of dreams. You are invulnerable and invisible for five seconds, then return with a random 30-second buff. 1 minute cooldown.

• Harbinger of Chaos (1 Primal+2 Martial)
      • With weapon and unarmed attacks, deal 1d20 Bane damage against all targets and an additional 2d20 Chaos damage against Lawful targets. This scales with Melee or Ranged power depending on your weapons.

• Fount of Life (1 Primal+ 2 Divine)
      • +20 Healing Amp and Positive Spell Power

• Embodiment of Order (1 Divine+ 2 Martial)
      • With weapon and unarmed attacks, deal 10 Bane damage against all targets and an additional 20 Law damage against Chaotic targets. This scales with Melee or Ranged power depending on your weapons.

• Spirit Blades (1 Divine+2 Arcane)

• Spell: Create a series of spectral blades which fly at a nearby opponent. Each of the five blades does 2d20 Piercing and 1d20 Force damage.

• Arcane Warrior (2 Arcane+1 Martial)
      • Your weapon and unarmed attacks grant you a stack of Arcane Warrior: Magical (+1 Universal Spell Power). Your offensive spells grant you a stack of Arcane Warrior: Physical (+1 Melee and Ranged Power). Each of these stacks to 20 times and each stack lasts for 6 seconds. You may gain a stack of each no more than once per second.
    Last edited by Steelstar; 11-18-2015 at 05:33 PM.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    To be very clear, the change to IPS does not specifically have to do with Inquisitive overperforming. It is the result of evaluating the way that Ranged Weapon Users interact with the overall build meta and (especially) melees.

Default Good

Assuming that the Spells are SLAs and affected by metamagics and spellpower, I don't have much bad to say about this list. I can't see myself using Wind Through the Trees or Deific Warding myself, since the former seems fairly weak with the cooldown and the latter seems a bit silly (Only situations where I take a lot of hits at once is melee swarming or magic missile swarming while shield is down, and neither of those are affected by MRR). If I could change the designs on them slightly, I would reduce the cooldown on Wind Through the Trees to 0 (Knockdown doesn't make helpless and it still wouldn't go off constantly, and it only affects trash mobs I'd assume) and change Deific Warding to something like +10 PRR/MRR, and +5 PRR/MRR per second if you've been hit or missed in the last 5 seconds up to +20 (+5 instead of +1 to prevent any lag that could arise from adding yet another quickly ticking effect). Depending on the scaling I'll have a hard choice deciding between Chaotic, Lawful, and Healing Amp though, which is good.
    Dazling of Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Blastyswa View Post
    Assuming that the Spells are SLAs and affected by metamagics and spellpower
    This. Is Arcane Pulse like an SLA? What's the SP cost, if any, and is it affected by metamagics? (i'd assume so)

Dreamscape (2 Primal+ 1 Arcane)
    Activate to pop off to the land of dreams. You are invulnerable and invisible for five seconds, then return with a random 30-second buff. 1 minute cooldown.
    Can you give some examples of those random 30-sec buffs? What can we expect?

Dire Charge (3 Martial Destinies)
    Charge forward at the targeted foe. That foe and all nearby foes are subject to +2[w] damage and have a chance to be stunned.
    What's the stun chance? Obviously that's very important if i were to pick this.

Spirit Blades (1 Divine+2 Arcane)
    Spell: Create a series of spectral blades which fly at a nearby opponent. Each of the five blades does 2d20 Piercing and 1d20 Force damage.
    Cooldown on this spell? (also assuming this is an SLA and has free metamagics and is affected by spellpower?)
    Last edited by Wulverine; 11-17-2015 at 10:54 PM.
    Thelanis -- Wulverine + [Funkaholic, Funkatronic, Funkarific]

[*]Fount of Life (1 Primal+ 2 Divine)[*]+20 Healing Amp and Positive Spell Power
    I'd like to see a corollary ability for negative amp and repair amp, please. There is too little of both in the game right now. Positive amp on the other hand can be stacked to increasingly insane amounts.

[*]Embodiment of Order (1 Divine+ 2 Martial)[*]With weapon and unarmed attacks, deal 10 Bane damage against all targets and an additional 20 Law damage against Chaotic targets. This scales with Melee or Ranged power depending on your weapons.
    This is mathematically inferior to Harbinger of Chaos by 31.5/30 = 1.05 => 5%. I think you can increase the static law damage to 22 points instead of 20. This is ends up being slightly more combined (realistically, it's as close as you can get), although Chaos still has more Bane damage, which is the stronger type so I think it is an OK trade.

[*] Spirit Blades (1 Divine+2 Arcane)
    [*]Spell: Create a series of spectral blades which fly at a nearby opponent. Each of the five blades does 2d20 Piercing and 1d20 Force damage.
    Is this a per-cast-proc spell (like Scorching Ray) or a per-projectile-proc spell (like Magic Missile)? If it is the latter, it opens up a lot of non-wizard shiradi options.

Good Job on all the new Feats!

Can Dreamscape be used to open doors/pull levers like the Shadar-Kai/Shadowdancer/Magister invisibility?

Those buffs, could you please specify?
    Something completely new?
    Tenser's?
    Good Hope?
    Greater Heroism?
    False Life?
    Stoneskin?
    Shadow Walk?
    Neutralize Poison(buff)?
    Camouflage?
    Wild Instincts?

Are the buffs jack-of-all-trades buffs like Good Hope or Greater Heroism or combat specific like Tenser's or Stoneskin?
    Can they be counted on? (Small selection leads to a faster appearance of a certain buff after a few tries)

Dreamscape certainly makes a great panic button, but please give it usefulness above that
    I would not like to see mostly defensive characters using it for the invulnerability, but sneaks for the Improved Invisibility and the buff.
    I'm biased though^^
    Samaelius Bael, Thelanis

Community Member

Default chaos+bane damage feats

Are the chaos+bane damage melee feats passive, applying to every hit forever? Do they cost action points, last for a limited duration, and/or have a cooldown?

Default As an arcane caster, I have serious mixed feelings about these

I notice that for weapon and unarmed attacks, there are options that directly stack on top of current damage. (Embodiment, Harbinger, Arcane Warrior) For all of these you take the destiny feat, you keep swinging your weapon or shooting your bow, and whatever you were doing is simply better.

For spell casters, some spells are added that may or may not be better than spell options I already have (have to do some calculations on how they compare). But there is an obvious opportunity cost to using these spells; I have to cast the new spell *instead* of casting an old spell. Why not give me options like the weapon attacks, where I simply add damage to spells I was already going to cast? Then it is very clear what the added benefit will be.

The one place where this sort of seems to be attempted is counter intuitive (Arcane Warrior). Using it, I can gain melee power by casting offensive spells? I suppose there may be some builds this will benefit, but by and large it appears useless to an offensive caster. Even if we are talking about some EK-like build, it seems far clunkier of a mechanism than those given for the obvious melee character. The EK will likely want to use defensive and utility spells while doing offense with a weapon. To benefit from this feat, they would have to start with offensive spells and switch to weapons, unless they can do both simultaneously? (An arcane archer doesn't have the same dilemma...just shoot arrows and spell power grows to boost future arrows.)

I allow that there is a possibility that I will find after testing that the new spells are awesome, but I have a feeling that we are being given something different, but not necessarily better. (In contrast to the weapon attack options which are *strictly* better.)

Bounty Hunter

• Wind through the Trees (3 Primal Destinies)
      • When enemies hit or miss you, they have a 5% chance to be knocked down with no save. This may only trigger once every 12 seconds.

Does this cause the enemy to be helpless like balanced attacks?

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Open Guild for All Founder - Hardcore

[*]Arcane Pulse (3 Arcane Destinies)
    • Spell: A magical pulse of force reverberates through the target's body, dealing 3d6+6 force damage every 2 seconds for a duration of 16 seconds. This spell can stack on the target up to 5 times, increasing the damage with each stack. 3 second cooldown
    [/LIST]

• Spell: Create a series of spectral blades which fly at a nearby opponent. Each of the five blades does 2d20 Piercing and 1d20 Force damage.

Are these SLAs so we can metamagic them for free?
    Are these reasonably priced sp wise?
    For the damage they do, would prefer they are zero sp.
    What are their cooldowns, would prefer in the 4~8 second range, anything over 12 seconds is hardly worth hot bar space?

Community Member

• Dire Charge (3 Martial Destinies)
      • Charge forward at the targeted foe. That foe and all nearby foes are subject to +2[w] damage and have a chance to be stunned. Stun DC is (25 + highest ability modifier + total level + bonus to stun attacks).
    What's the cooldown on this? It's a very powerful ability since it's a certain stun (25+25+30+15 = 95 stun DC with just one stunning item, let alone enhancements, PLs, feats)

• Deific Warding (3 Divine Destinies)
      • When you take damage, add one stack of Deific Warding (+1 Sacred Bonus to MRR). This effect can stack up to 30 times. One stack is removed every 3 seconds.
    Nice.
    • Dreamscape (2 Primal+ 1 Arcane)
      • Activate to pop off to the land of dreams. You are invulnerable and invisible for five seconds, then return with a random 30-second buff. 1 minute cooldown.
    Is this a spell with an sp cost? Is it a limited use ability? Is it a spammable ability (I hope not...)? It would be annoying if someone did something like tea with the queen every 1 minute.

• Spirit Blades (1 Divine+2 Arcane)

Cooldown? sp cost? affected by spellpower? metamagics?
    My main server is Khyber. Have toons in almost every server for favor purposes. The Faltouts

Community Member

Not as interesting as the level 30 feats but there is enough variety here that most people should find something they like.

Can walk through the trees be an AoE knockdown centered on your character? The 12 second cooldown, random procness and if it only ends up single target really hamper it compared to the usefulness of the AoE on demand dash/stun of dire charge.

So the bane damage for Harbinger of Chaos is a dice roll and Embodiment of Order has a static amount. Even the spheres carry on the theme. I do like what you did there! :-)

Activate to pop off to the land of dreams. You are invulnerable and invisible for five seconds, then return with a random 30-second buff. 1 minute cooldown.
    Nice to see something like the Gate spell make an appearance for those oh s**t moments. More DPS vs survivability options.

With all this stuff is there any chance Fred goes Free for a week? :-)

Founder

Overall good job!

I think people will figure out how to abuse dreamscape somehow....

2014 DDO Players Council

Is this the entire list, or could there be more created before U29?

Looking at this list and wondering which is least useless to me. Sure, some good things for certain builds, but doesn't seem very broad. Kind of disappointed. I guess I can still just take Toughness in that slot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    As a general rule we don't intend for a single spawn area to cause any dungeon alert, and certainly not red dungeon alert. This basically isn't ever a goal in our designs

I will now have something to rage click while the server lags in ToEE.
    Last edited by Holymunchkin; 11-17-2015 at 10:38 PM.

Please not the shiradi knives animation that was put on the MoD rune arm.
    Shoot giant swords out of my palm please...

Does it scale with spell power?
    Can each blade proc a shiradi proc?
    Does it scale with caster level at all?

which break stealth?

I will say it as I have posted elsewhere: too much power creep! Players will hit cap and breeze through epic content and complain that there is too little legendary.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Saelegion (4), Alitirala (4), Naerfelka (21)

nice work. That should keep many people happy (for a while)

*but these boards being what they are, you'll have a certain # of people whine, mainly due to THEIR specific build. hehe*

All 3 feat threads have something for everyone, i'm liking that.

So, do these feats all have a minimum level of 29?

2016 DDO Players Council
    Resident Blue Dragon
    Hero of the Flame

Harbinger of Chaos (1 Primal+2 Martial)
    • With weapon and unarmed attacks, deal 1d20 Bane damage against all targets and an additional 2d20 Chaos damage against Lawful targets. This scales with Melee or Ranged power depending on your weapons.

Embodiment of Order (1 Divine+ 2 Martial)
    • With weapon and unarmed attacks, deal 10 Bane damage against all targets and an additional 20 Law damage against Chaotic targets. This scales with Melee or Ranged power depending on your weapons.
    Please tell me that the Lawful and Chaotic damage won't scream "Immune" at me every time I hit something that is immune to those damage types. It's bad enough using my Thunderforged weapons on non-dragons :P

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast