Community Member Thunder-Monkey's Avatar

Default Sons of Ares - friendly, relaxed, respectful & helpful - Recruiting now.

Sons of Ares (formerly Paladins of Paragon) are looking to recruit new players on Ghallanda.

We are a small/medium guild of slightly more mature (in age) players, many of whom have a Pen&Paper background. We are currently lvl 105 with the a Kraken Airship for our level, stacked full of buffs.

We are a friendly bunch with a relaxed attitude to gaming. We have no rules to speak of, all we ask is that you treat everyone with respect and be helpful and friendly in your dealings with others. We do not expect anything else from you.

We host regular raids, mostly at weekends and holidays, and we are members of the Ghallanda Fellowship.

Players new to DDO are especially welcome. Joining random groups can be demoralizing for a new player, as you spend the whole quest playing catch-up and wondering what the hell is going on. In Sons, when we run as a group, we play as a team! Everyone plays their part and enjoys the satisfaction of a job well done (or not!). We will help you play YOUR part. We will help you understand the huge complexities of the game and it's mechanics. We can help you become the player you want to be.

This is YOUR game. You can play it anyway you want, with anyone you want. If you want to hang with good, friendly people and get some help along the way, come join us.

(To apply, either reply to this post, send me a PM, or search out any Sons of Ares member on the WHO tab in-game)
    Last edited by Thunder-Monkey; 07-05-2018 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder-Monkey View Post
    Sons of Ares (previously Paladins of Paragon) are looking to recruit new players on Ghallanda.

We are a small/medium guild of slightly more mature (in age) players, many of whom have a Pen&Paper background. We are currently lvl 77 with the requisite Airship for our level, stacked full of buffs.

We are a friendly bunch with a relaxed attitude to gaming. We have no rules to speak of, all we ask is that you treat everyone with respect and be helpful and friendly in your dealings with others. We do not expect anything else from you.

We host regular raids, mostly at weekends and holidays, and we are members of the Ghallanda Fellowship.

Players new to DDO are especially welcome. Joining random groups can be demoralizing for a new player, as you spend the whole quest playing catch-up and wondering what the hell is going on. In Sons, when we run as a group, we play as a team! Everyone plays their part and enjoys the satisfaction of a job well done (or not!). We will help you play YOUR part. We will help you understand the huge complexities of the game and it's mechanics. We can help you become the player you want to be.

This is YOUR game. You can play it anyway you want, with anyone you want. If you want to hang with good, friendly people and get some help along the way, come join us.

(To apply, either reply to this post, send me a PM, or search out any Sons of Ares member on the WHO tab in-game)
    Im a returning player from the time before enchantment trees so if you need an infant to baby sit id gladly join.
    My ign is Hevno.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviul View Post
    Im a returning player from the time before enchantment trees so if you need an infant to baby sit id gladly join.
    My ign is Hevno.
    Welcome Aboard!

Is there a general time that players in the guild are active? I have a hard time finding groups to run with due to the time of day that I am normally on. (USA MST 0200 on weekends and 1500 during the week).

I recently came back from a 6 year hiatus and having a hard time running solo at my level, currently 18, due to my gear/build being outdated from post MotU updates.

Quote Originally Posted by MalleoDei View Post
    Is there a general time that players in the guild are active? I have a hard time finding groups to run with due to the time of day that I am normally on. (USA MST 0200 on weekends and 1500 during the week).

I recently came back from a 6 year hiatus and having a hard time running solo at my level, currently 18, due to my gear/build being outdated from post MotU updates.
    Hi, the guild is mostly active in the evenings (USA) and weekends, however the fellowship we are members of has people on at most times of day, although the peak is still evenings and weekends. That said, we have some European fellowship members and even some from Down Under (Australasia) who's play-times might coincide with yours. The fellowship is like an extended guild with an in-game chat channel, discord server and website.

Hope that helps, logging on now....

Community Member

Smile

Hello
    Are you still recruiting ? I'd love to join.
    I'm a returning player, playing from EU, but im usually on late at night (evening your time), so you'll see me online.
    I'm active almost every day, VIP account, friendly and funny.
    I have 2 toons - "Dudik" and "Moscow".
    hope to hear back from you

Thanks and all he best

Quote Originally Posted by skanizo View Post
    Hello...
    Welcome aboard!

TM

Community Member

Default Returning Player looking for friendly guild

Hi All,

Returning founder back from about a 3 year hiatus. Looking to kinda sorta start over. Have 12 older toons on Ghal. Available almost all evenings MT in US. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Most common toon on right now is 'Awfulgud' pal 8

Quote Originally Posted by GBOB2001 View Post
    Hi All,
    Hi GBOB, have sent an invite to Awfulgud, its in your mailbox (probably in the 'unconfirmed' tab).

Thanks and welcome!

Community Member

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder-Monkey View Post
    Welcome aboard!

TM
    Really glad to have joined, friendly and helpful members, always active, even at my strange hours i find ppl running.
    got every question answered.. couldn't ask for a better company
    thank you