Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Support Cordovan and Team Turbine this Movember!

UPDATE 12/1: We've done it! Thank you for a successful year. We've raised $4,895 this Movember. Your donations will make a difference!

Hello everyone! I am once again hoping to get the DDO community involved in raising money for some important work this "Movember". The Movember Foundation conducts its largest annual fundraiser every November, raising money for prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and mental health support programs and research. This year I'm hoping to raise one thousand dollars for the cause - please consider donating! Even a couple of dollars helps tremendously. Every year I hear from members of the DDO community who have lost loved ones to these cancers and illnesses, and have also heard from fellow players who are suffering from these diseases as well. It is due to those conversations that I am motivated to take part every year, and am humbled and honored by your generosity.

Click here to visit my Movember page (mobro.co/jerrysnook). Click here to join Team Turbine, or donate to the team!

This year, the Movember Foundation is also reaching out to the non-moustached through their Move campaign, which is about physical activity. I have personally witnessed the importance of getting physically active. Now, I'm still a heavy dude, but over the past year I've committed to exercise and healthier living, and besides dropping close to fifty pounds, I am also feeling better, stronger, and overall more positive and happy. I know a lot of us tend to be desk-focused; hey, we're gamers! But I would love to see anyone interested in taking the Move challenge also show up.

As I have in years past, I'd like to offer some incentives to donate:

$5+ - Anyone who donates five dollars or more is entered into a drawing for Turbine Points, as outlined in the listing below.
    $10+ - Anyone who donates ten dollars or more is entered into a drawing for a pull from the Community Loot List, as outlined in the listing below.
    $25+ - Anyone who donates twenty five dollars or more can get a custom forum title. We'll figure it out through PMs to me; anything that falls within the Community Guidelines is fine! If you already have a custom title, we can add another line to it.
    $50+ - Anyone who donates fifty dollars or more can get a custom forum avatar! Send me the image and I'll make it for you, then upload it. Or, I can help you make the image. Anything that's not overly copyrighted is fine, so no Mickey Mouse or Budweiser without their permission. We'll figure it out.
    $100+ - Anyone who donates a hundred dollars or more will get a prize pack in the mail from me (for as long as supplies are available!) I've got some swag from the Movember Foundation, including stickers, pins, and bumper stickers. I'll also throw in some things I can dig up from the DDO swag cabinet, which may include such things as a dice bag, light messenger bag, or a Menace of the Underdark drow mini, depending on availability (our supplies are getting pretty low, but I'll see what I can do.) The shipping for this is on my dime.
    $200+ - In-Game party! I would be honored to show up at a time that is convenient for you and/or your guildies/friends, run some quests with you, chat about DDO, answer your questions, and drop a few goodies from the Community Loot List. Or if you've got a better idea, let me know! For your generosity, I'm humbled and honored.

Stay tuned for additional possible incentives, details on a Twitch.tv DDOvember Marathon, and more!

Milestones and awards:

$250 - We're a quarter of the way there! I will pick five random donors of at least five dollars and award them a code for 500 Turbine Points! - DONE! 11/1/15 - Thank you for your generosity!
    $500 - Half way there! I will pick five random donors of at least ten dollars and award them a pick from the Community Loot List! - DONE! 11/3/15 - Wow!
    $750 - Critical hit! I will pick an additional ten random donors of at least five dollars and award them a code for 500 Turbine Points! - DONE! 11/3/15
    $1000 - We've done it! I will pick an additional ten random donors of at least ten dollars and award them a pick from the Community Loot List! DONE - 11/3/15 - We did it!

$2000 - Wow! I will pick an additional ten random donors of at least five dollars and award them a code for 500 Turbine Points, and add another five giveaways of 500 Turbine Points to the "any size donation" list. I will also pick another random donor to get a pick from the Community Loot List! - 11/4/15 - Holy buckets! Thank you.
    $3000 - Incredible! When we hit this milestone, I will organize a time on every live server to hang out in a PvP pit on an admin for some crazy-fun "smack Cordo around" silliness! Time and dates to be determined later. I will also add another five 500 TP codes and another five Community Loot List giveaways to anyone who has donated at least $5/$10 to the cause. - 11/13/15 DONE! Thank you!
    $4000 - Holy buckets! This would set a new record for our yearly Movember campaign. When we hit this goal, I will add another five TP codes, another five picks from the Community Loot List, and do a special giveaway: Ten random donors of at least $5 will get a stack of 10-Bigby's Pointing Fingers in your choice of Blue, Green, Orange, Purple, Red, White, or Yellow! These fingers are otherwise only available in the Traveler's Trunk! Yes, I might give you the finger for donating to me this Movember. - Done!

Additionally, at the end of the month, I will pick five random donors to receive a 500 Turbine Point code, and one random donor to receive a pick from the Community Loot List, regardless of the size of their donation, or the milestone achieved. Even a couple of dollars helps!

In previous years we've easily hit the thousand dollar mark, so if your generosity continues into this year, we'll put together further milestone incentives. As with last year, if for some crazy reason we hit $10,000, I have once again promised to shave the DDO logo into the back of my head, and will put that image out on our official social media pages.

As usual, we do have some Movember-themed avatars for use on the forums. You'll find them in the DDO Movember-ed section of the avatar drop-down menu (select your avatar by pressing Edit Avatar in the Settings menu.)

Learn more:

• Click here to learn more about the Movember Foundation.
    • Click here to learn more about the programs your donations will assist.
    • Click here to see the financials of the Movember group (or here if you really want to crunch through some numbers.)

Last edited by Cordovan; 12-02-2015 at 04:38 PM. Reason: We did it!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Hmmm.
    Deciding whether to /bump...

...or just /nudge.

CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Default I'm in

Count me in this year Jerry!!

Community Manager

Wow, we did it! Thanks to several extremely generous donations, including a donation made on behalf of a fallen guild leader, we've hit our goal in just three days! I'm honored and humbled by everyone's support.

There is still plenty of time to donate! We'll continue to raise funds through the month, and I'm still planning on doing a DDOvember Twitch stream. I'll put together some new incentives soon as well.

Just a reminder that even a couple of dollars is enough to qualify for one of the Turbine Point of Community Loot List giveaways. Additionally, a $5 donation qualifies for the milestone TP giveaways, and a $10 donation qualifies you for a Loot List milestone giveaway.

In these past few days I've already heard from several people who donated on behalf of loved ones who passed away from the very diseases the Movember campaign funds research and support programs for. Hearing your stories has been very emotional, and a good reminder that we're doing something important. Thank you!
    Join us on Twitch!

Just curious, when it says "Team Turbine" is that DDO and LOTRO together? Or does each of the games have its own 'team'?

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Widmore View Post
    Just curious, when it says "Team Turbine" is that DDO and LOTRO together? Or does each of the games have its own 'team'?
    At the moment Team Turbine is just me and some other DDO players (Shoemaker, Ague, and Matthew), so it's a DDO thing. That said, it's possible other Turbine folk, and Turbine game-players, will join. We'd love to hear from LOTRO peeps as well!
    Join us on Twitch!

Ah ok, thanks. Good to know.
    When I'm over at LOTRO I'll definitely poke some of my kinnies over here for them to look.

Default Thoughts...

I was unaware of this thread when I joined http://moteam.co/team-turbine and am excited to see the offers. I'd personally love to have an additional forum title of "team-turbine 2015 mobro" or even "team-turbine 2015 mobro" or something of that nature with the link to a cause page. I'd also happily wear any Movember items you might be interested in sending me, Cordovan, in my weekly streams all month... You know how to find me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Now with real 100% closing.

Community Manager

This thread is not going to turn into a debate over community policy regarding GoFundMe's and Kickstarters; I would be happy to have that discussion elsewhere. I've had to delete several posts that were leading down that path, following a late-night post in which someone accused me of hypocrisy by posting this fundraising effort. I understand the desire by some people to post their GoFundMe's to the DDO community, but this is not the place to debate that. This is the third year that Turbine has participated in the Movember campaign, and LOTRO, for example, has long supported Extra Life. We do feel these company-supported efforts to raise money for charity differ from GoFundMe's that do not have the benefit of screening or financial 501c accountability; you may disagree. Let's take that conversation elsewhere. Further discussion of this topic in this thread will be deleted.
    Join us on Twitch!

YourDDO Creator
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Team Turbine 2015 Mo-Bro

At the moment Team Turbine is just me and some other DDO players (Shoemaker, Ague, and Matthew), so it's a DDO thing. That said, it's possible other Turbine folk, and Turbine game-players, will join. We'd love to hear from LOTRO peeps as well!
    Proud member of 2015 Team Turbine! It's a worthy cause and the team isn't doing that bad considering it's still early in Movember!

EDIT:

it's possible other Turbine folk, and Turbine game-players, will join.
    No KookieKobold this year?
    Last edited by Ague; 11-04-2015 at 12:33 PM.

... and LOTRO, for example, has long supported Extra Life. ...
    One of my favorite titles on Hobbit-side.

Hero_of_the_Small_Folk

DDO Freebies

Community Manager

Wow! Thanks to a super-generous donation from a couple of folks, Team Turbine has now raised more than $2,400! I've also hit my personal page goal of $1,000. For the milestones, I am combining donations made either to me or to the team. Thank you! Once again the generosity of the community shines; your donations will make a difference!

You'll notice that I'm already giving out far more Turbine Point codes and items from the Community Loot List than I have actual donors; like previous years, if there are more giveaways than donors, I'll award more than one thing to each person, and randomly pick winners as necessary (assuming it doesn't equal out to an exact number of items and donors.)

So, now's a great time to make a small donation if you want in!
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

I have donated.

While the potential prize is not the most important, how do I make sure I am entered into the drawings?

Default How do I make sure?

Quote Originally Posted by kharrnn View Post
    I have donated.

While the potential prize is not the most important, how do I make sure I am entered into the drawings?
    I would suggest simply sending Cordovan a private message here on the forums indicating which donation was yours and I'm certain he would be happy to add your name to the drawing.

Now with real 100% closing.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by kharrnn View Post
    I have donated.

Either send me a PM to let me know it's your donation, or put your forum name into the donation message so I know how to get in touch with you. Or ping me on Twitter or something - however works best for you.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Manager

Wow! Thanks to an extremely generous (and anonymous) donation, we're now over $3,000! If you're the one who sent me the generous donation yesterday of $500, please PM me so I can get you your incentives!

Hmm...I hadn't planned to hit $3k...going to have to think about future tiers of incentives this weekend...

The community's generosity remains very strong, and your donations will help a whole bunch of research and support programs.
    Join us on Twitch!

DDOcast Host
    Licensed House Cannith Refuse Disposal Unit Technician

going to have to think about future tiers of incentives this weekend...
    gnome concept art sneak peak.

maybe some game art too...
    Shamgar ~ Pjstechie ~ Melchizedek ~ Habakkuk ~ Josheb ~ Magoi ~ Kinnor ~ Eshek ~ Zakchaios ~ Jephthah ~ Bartimaios ~ Ehudh ~ Bezaleluri ~ Nebuchad ~ Lava Divers (Khyber) ~ Epic Education ~ Building Blocks ~ DDOCast ~ contact me

/Poke.
    DDO Freebies

Community Manager

This is our final week! I will continue to take donations through December 1st, and will start working on the incentive giveaways after that. If you are last-minute, let me know, and I'll make sure to include you if I can.

I've also added a $4,000 donation goal: When we hit this goal, I will add another five TP codes, another five picks from the Community Loot List, and do a special giveaway: Ten random donors of at least $5 will get a stack of 10-Bigby's Pointing Fingers in your choice of Blue, Green, Orange, Purple, Red, White, or Yellow! These fingers are otherwise only available in the Traveler's Trunk! Yes, I might give you the finger for donating to me this Movember.

Thanks again to everyone who has donated to this cause; people will benefit from it. We're currently at the total Team amount of $3,580, so we're already pretty close to that 4k goal! http://mobro.co/jerrysnook

Because folks have asked...

Join us on Twitch!

Community Manager

Wow! Thanks to an extremely generous donor, we already crushed $4k! Going to have to think overnight on what to do for $5,000?
    Join us on Twitch!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast