Community Member

Default monk/unarmed bug emporium

Looking for monk and unarmed bugs? Look no further! We can supply all your monk bug needs right here! Know of a monk bug that we don't have? Tell us and we'll list it at half price!

Unarmed bugs:
    • t5 kensei keen edge doesn't improve unarmed crit range
    • paladin spell holy sword doesn't improve unarmed crits
    • most cleaves other than the regular cleave feat (including great cleave, strike down from divine crusader, and kotc cleaves) can proc off-hand and doublestrike attacks
    • whirlwind attack hits 2-5 times unarmed
    • kotc cleaves deal very low damage that doesn't roll damage dice and is unaffected by strength mod
    • harper int to attack and damage don't work unarmed
    • harper know the angles doesn't add any damage unarmed
    • improved weapon finesse from deepwood stalker
    • ac, prr, and mrr from shield of whirling steel core 1 from tempest
    • improved defense, whirling blades, improved parry, graceful death from tempest
    • momentum swing from legendary dreadnaught
    • sundering swing from legendary dreadnaught
    • shadow mastery vorpal effect from shadowdancer
    • whenever summer smoke from primal avatar is applied or removed from an unarmed monk, some on-hit effects are removed from unarmed damage until weapons are swapped
    • some on-hit effects from non-weapon sources will only allow the latest effect to affect unarmed, such as allowing only 1 of negative energy on-hit from dragon masque or fire damage from the henshin mystic set
    • the light damage from sanctified gages does not work with unarmed
    • holy burst from ToD rings doesn't stack with cannith crafted holy wraps
    • Ascendance (t6 exalted angel core) does not add light damage to unarmed
    • confront any foe (divine crusader t2) hits 3 times with weapons, but only once unarmed
    • flurry of blows gives centered monks full bab on epic levels (should only be full bab on monk levels)

abilities that specifically exempt unarmed:
    • t4 deepwood stalker core enhancement advanced sneak attack
    • t2 assassin core enhancement dagger in the back
    • ninja spy basic/adcanced training and sting of the ninja specify that they apply only to weapons that are *normally* piercing or slashing. With the vorpal strikes feat, unarmed becomes slashing
    • pulverizer from legendary dreadnaught
    • celestial champion from divine crusader doesn't improve unarmed crit range
    • two weapon blocking feat
    • two weapon defense feat
    Last edited by peng; 12-03-2015 at 03:01 PM. Reason: added confront any foe and epic bab

Community Member

Awhile ago there was a bug that:
    • A holy burst ToD ring would stack with lootgen Holy handwraps (confirmed by devs as working as intended)
    • ... but not with Cannith Crafted Holy handwraps

My monk is TRd and only at level 16 at the moment, so I can't confirm if it's still broken or not.
    My toon: Agthorr on Khyber

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snarglefrump View Post
    Awhile ago there was a bug that:
    • A holy burst ToD ring would stack with lootgen Holy handwraps (confirmed by devs as working as intended)
    • ... but not with Cannith Crafted Holy handwraps

My monk is TRd and only at level 16 at the moment, so I can't confirm if it's still broken or not.
    Tested, confirmed, and added. Make sure to tell the cashier that it's 50% off!

Community Member

Added a few more bugs

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by peng View Post
    • whirlwind attack hits 2-5 times unarmed
    Unarmed whirlwind generates exactly two attacks against all adjacent mobs, with each of the two attacks able to prod doublestrike and offhand attacks.

Based on dev comments, I think unarmed whirlwind is actually working correct; it's armed whirlwind that's broken.
    My toon: Agthorr on Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Snarglefrump View Post
    Unarmed whirlwind generates exactly two attacks against all adjacent mobs, with each of the two attacks able to prod doublestrike and offhand attacks.

Based on dev comments, I think unarmed whirlwind is actually working correct; it's armed whirlwind that's broken.
    I also believe doublestrike can proc on a whirlwind. I know other effects do, it's kind of fun when paralysis or mortal fear does.
    "Sorry Elminster, it was really dark, and I'd drank a LOT of coffee..."

Community Member

Not sure if this is still the case, because I TR'd that toon, but last I checked KotC cleave attacks seem to be doing significantly reduced damage while unarmed. As in 100 with a normal unarmed strike, 40 with Exalted Cleave (should be doing +3[W]). Likewise with Avenging Cleave.

EDIT: Never mind you have that in there already.
    Last edited by Shpiz; 01-21-2016 at 02:51 PM.