Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    in the bowels of the C/A/S iTyrant Seas - Kraken Class

Arrow Gnomes are official!!!!

Just Confirmed - possible for U30 (10th Anniversary)!!!

Hopefully (they are trying) to bring both Gnomes and Svirfneblin (dark/deep gnomes)!

Let Gnomageddon begin!
    The Gnomining...
    Gnompocalypse

Tieflings and Aasimar.... Aasimar possible but Tieflings have tails and horns.... but they might be coming!! Then maybe Genasi.

Monster Manual X
    1. Crate, small
    2. Crate, medium
    3. Crate, Large
    4. Barrel
    5. Barrel, Large
    6. Barrel, XXX
    7. Jar
    8. Door
    9. Gargoyle
    10. Bookshelf

The Cake is a Lie
    Last edited by UurlockYgmeov; 10-14-2015 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Gnomapocalypse! Thanks Cordovan! The Cake is a Lie

Confirmed by whom?

Having a link would be beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by Maatogaeoth View Post
    Confirmed by whom?

By Severlin, right at 27 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzHJ...ature=youtu.be

Default Gnomeaggeddon

Gnomes are official for U30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzHJg8KiVJU

Start at the 26:50 mark.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That ship has sailed, came back, sailed again, got raided by pirates, became a pirate ship, got cursed to chase after the Flying Dutchman for three centuries, got exorcised to fight in the American Civil War, then got modernized to fight in both World Wars, participated in the D-Day landing and is a decommissioned museum/restaurant now in Key West, Florida.
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    I knew i should have actually tested this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maatogaeoth View Post
    Confirmed by whom?

By Sev

http://www.twitch.tv/ddostream/v/20660678

@26m30s

i want crosses of orc/gnomes to improve the racial stock

. . . even if this creates the phenomenon of the sterile mule (horse + donkey) or did it never occur to anyone that there are no 1/4 orcs (say, half-orc and human cross) and 1/4 elves?
    ROGUE Part QUATRE: Prove your Stealth Skills!

Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer)

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Let the Gnomification of this game begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    i want crosses of orc/gnomes to improve the racial stock

. . . even if this creates the phenomenon of the sterile mule (horse + donkey) or did it never occur to anyone that there are no 1/4 orcs (say, half-orc and human cross) and 1/4 elves?
    1/2 Orc + Orc = Orc and 1/2 Orc + Human = Human. The same with elves.

iconic or normal?

hopefully normal...

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    iconic or normal?

hopefully normal...
    nothing said specifically - hopefully a Dev will pop in and answer.

IMHO will be non-iconic, but I've been wrong before!

Community Member

well they said they are working on new trees (plural). mentioning normal gnome AND deep gnome.

Rise of the stubby clerics, midget druids, and chubby monks...

I am not impressed.

*keeps waiting and hanging on for tieflings, aasimar, and kalashtar*

Community Member Riddle_of_Steel's Avatar

I have to say that unless they are a WIS based race then it's a waste of dev time IMHO. Unless they are WIS based then they are more or less a cosmetic choice.

Don't get me wrong... I get it a new race, that's cool but if it's not WIS based then there is already another race that fills that hole.

It would be like adding a broad sword which is basically a long sword but has a different base price. Why bother really.

By 3rd edition standards eberron gnomes get -2 STR and +2 CON.

Now if they make them deep gnomes (And if you are then they really should have come with MOTU .. just sayin') then you might have something worth doing. Granted they are -2 STR, -4 CHA, +2 Dex, +2 WIS so although a WIS based race they won't make good turning clerics. and with a -2 STR not the best FvS either.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle_of_Steel View Post
    I have to say that unless they are a WIS based race then it's a waste of dev time IMHO. Unless they are WIS based then they are more or less a cosmetic choice.

Don't get me wrong... I get it a new race, that's cool but if it's not WIS based then there is already another race that fills that hole.

It would be like adding a broad sword which is basically a long sword but has a different base price. Why bother really.

By 3rd edition standards eberron gnomes get -2 STR and +2 CON.

Now if they make them deep gnomes (And if you are then they really should have come with MOTU .. just sayin') then you might have something worth doing. Granted they are -2 STR, -4 CHA, +2 Dex, +2 WIS so although a WIS based race they won't make good turning clerics. and with a -2 STR not the best FvS either.
    The stat bonus is only one part of what a race brings to the table. Just because they're WIS based doesn't mean the tree won't be designed in order to be useful for a wide variety of builds. I'm sure the tree will be designed to be competitive with human and bladeforged. They aren't going to put all that time into developing a new race and not make the tree competitive.
    Last edited by axel15810; 10-14-2015 at 03:48 PM.

Community Member Riddle_of_Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    The stat bonus is only one part of what a race brings to the table. Just because they're WIS based doesn't mean the tree won't be designed in order to be useful for a wide variety of builds. I'm sure the tree will be designed to be competitive with human and bladeforged. They aren't going to put all that time into developing a new race and not make the tree competitive.
    I don't disagree but what "tree" is missing anything right now. We have at least 1 good tree in each class (Except maybe monk) and racial trees that more or less work OK but none of the racial trees are something anyone would invest heavily in.

Where we do have holes is that we don't have a WIS based race that divines (and to a lesser extent monks) need. The problem here is that the only Eberron Gnomes that have a WIS bonus also take a huge hit to CHA and so negatively impact Divines.

If they go with a traditional tree you get a weak but healthy race that works OK'ish but mostly as say a Rogue Mechanic or the like.

Adding a new race should have stats and a tree that fills a need and gives them an "optimal" class, because if they are sub-optimal then they are purely flavor. The classes that are in most need of a solid race for them are the Divines and gnomes don't really make good divines.

In the end all I want to see honestly is a race that has a place in the game where it makes sense to have spent all the work on models and animations, etc. What I expect we are going to see is a re-skinned Halfling though (much like the PDK is a re-skinned Half-Orc) which at least cuts that dev time down somewhat.

Don't get me wrong I love the idea of adding more races but with the current restricted dev time they need to have a reason to be there for more than cosmetic reasons. If you are spending that time for cosmetic reasons then I would argue that it could be spent making actual cosmetics that look good or fixing the poor Half-Elf's face.

In the end it's an interesting idea, I will certainly take a look but it is not something that is exciting to me in any way shape or form, unless of course they just toss it all and make their own version of a gnome that can actually plug a hole.

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    Just Confirmed - possible for U30 (10th Anniversary)!!!

Monster Manual X
    1. Crate, small
    2. Crate, medium
    3. Crate, Large
    4. Barrel
    5. Barrel, Large
    6. Barrel, XXX
    7. Jar
    8. Door
    9. Gargoyle
    10. Bookshelf

What does this mean? Is this real?

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Ahem

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    Rise of the stubby clerics, midget druids, and chubby monks...

I am not impressed.

*keeps waiting and hanging on for tieflings, aasimar, and kalashtar*
    Gnome Artificer.

Community Member

Hi,

Please don't forget to add Favoured Enemy: Gnome to ranger's list of feat choices.

Alternatively, combine gnome and halfling into Favoured Enemy: Obnoxious Midget.

They taste just like chicken, you know. Mmmmmm.

Thanks.
    Last edited by blerkington; 10-14-2015 at 04:55 PM.
    Astrican on Khyber

adding a new race really isn't wise until there are better reasons to spend AP in a racial tree. BF has its reason for Communion of Scribing. Dwarf for Throw Your Weight Around. Elf for more ranged choices. its hard to put points into a racial tree if you know you can get better enhancements from Harper or dipping into other prestige trees. this is why I think Harper was a bad idea. instead of putting points into racial, they go into Harper. the enhancements in Harper tree could have been used to buff up the classes since the tree pulls a lot of various class enhancements and feats into 1. I know people have been asking for Gnomes for a very long time, but I would hope the other racial trees get some attention first.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast