Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb **Multiple Golem's Hearts**

NEWEST UPDATE:

As of the latest patch, and as I stated below...the change officially happened. Here is now the new effect of the golem's heart:

--------
    So, because I have heard different things from different people on my server, and couldn't really find anything completely convincing one way or the other, I thought I'd share with you all this video in hopes that some of you might find it helpful in case you did not know for sure.

They do NOT stack...unfortunately...Having 1 versus multiple will not currently provide any additional benefits.

Yes, I know this very well may already be known, but at least on the server I play on, it's pretty split.

Click HERE

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    We'll take a look at this augment, thanks.
    Thanks Steelstar!

Update:

Here's the breakdown:
    - The 30 second cooldown on the effects of Golem's Heart has always been there. I don't know why it wasn't stated in the tooltip at the time, but it will be in the next patch.
    - The 100%-chance-to-proc when that cooldown isn't running is not WAI, it was left behind when testing a bugfix earlier this year. It is set back to 2% in the next patch.
    - Multiple Golem's Hearts will provide additional 2% chances to proc, meaning you're more likely to get it to proc faster after the 30 second cooldown ends.
    - The tooltips for the item and the effect have been clarified to give a closer description of how the augment works.
    When will this change/update happen?

U28p1 is the current plan. It was in last week's Lamannia build.
    To sum up:

It looks like the next patch will actually make the Golem's Heart worse than it is now, without the 100% chance to proc immediately after the 30 second cooldown is up. Instead, it will have a 2% chance to re-proc but not sooner than 30 seconds after the first proc. However...wearing multiple Golem's Hearts (after this next patch) will enhance your chance for that proc to occur when the 30 seconds is up.

Thanks again Steelstar for responding to this and giving the breakdown! Much appreciated. Also thanks Livmo for getting this to the Players Council's attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggle View Post
    So, because I have heard different things from different people on my server, and couldn't really find anything completely convincing one way or the other, I thought I'd share with you all this video in hopes that some of you might find it helpful in case you did not know for sure.

They do NOT stack...unfortunately...

Yes, I know this very well may already be known, but at least on the server I play on, it's pretty split.

Click HERE

Hope this helps!
    The subject really needs repetition to establish for certain that it's not a fluke, as well as probably a data chart showing how often it procced based on how many hits were landing. Unfortunately my main and both golem's heart stacked alts are in heroics at the moment, but I will perform my tests and post them here at my earliest opportunity. As I've understood it, multiple Golem's Hearts provide rerolls at the 2%, not additional 2%'s on top of each other, making multiple procs at once impossible, and providing less benefit the more you slot. However, since I must admit I haven't tested this in a controlled setting, I cannot prove that theory for certain until I am able to post my findings. Nice video.
    Dazling of Cannith

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default They do not stack

They do not stack.

They are separate 2% chances.

More than one can proc at the same time.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Unless something changed in the last update it's not really a 2% chance either. There will always be a ~30 second delay before it goes off again.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastyswa View Post
    The subject really needs repetition to establish for certain that it's not a fluke, as well as probably a data chart showing how often it procced based on how many hits were landing. Unfortunately my main and both golem's heart stacked alts are in heroics at the moment, but I will perform my tests and post them here at my earliest opportunity. As I've understood it, multiple Golem's Hearts provide rerolls at the 2%, not additional 2%'s on top of each other, making multiple procs at once impossible, and providing less benefit the more you slot. However, since I must admit I haven't tested this in a controlled setting, I cannot prove that theory for certain until I am able to post my findings. Nice video.
    Repetition. Yes this was nothing less than repetitive. I could have stood there for hours and had the same exact result. This video is pretty clear that having 1 versus having 8 will not provide any additional benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post

More than one can proc at the same time.
    Did you not watch the video? I mean it's quite clear that you are incorrect. I am not exactly thrilled about finding this out myself.

So here's what I think happened.

At one time they actually did proc 2% of the time when you took damage and each had its own chance to proc. At one time I had several of them and I'm sure that it did get multiple procs at once.

Then someone realized that the damage barbs take from supreme cleave was setting off the golem hearts making barbs invincible (this was before the barb pass).

And so they 'fixed' golem hearts to proc 100% of the time when you take any damage, but only once every 30 seconds, and no chance for several to proc at once, without updating the text, because that seems to be what happens now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    So here's what I think happened.

At one time they actually did proc 2% of the time when you took damage and each had its own chance to proc. At one time I had several of them and I'm sure that it did get multiple procs at once.

Then someone realized that the damage barbs take from supreme cleave was setting off the golem hearts making barbs invincible (this was before the barb pass).

And so they 'fixed' golem hearts to proc 100% of the time when you take any damage, but only once every 30 seconds, and no chance for several to proc at once, without updating the text, because that seems to be what happens now.
    Yes I believe you are correct. And like I addressed in the video, they very well may have at one point proc'd differently and wearing multiple ones may have at one point worked differently. However, as of right now, this is the way that it works :/

Treasure Hunter

Default Changes

Did you not watch the video? I mean it's quite clear that you are incorrect. I am not exactly thrilled about finding this out myself.
    See Lonn's post above mine here. More than likely something changed since the last time I was epic. I will test it again once I get back to L28. I do recall a bug with barbs, but if how they work has changed due to that, then DDO should update the text of the augment.

Treasure Hunter

Default Added

I don't have time to test this, but I did add your thread to the Council general discussion thread, and made a request for the description of the augment to be updated. Hopefully the powers that be will read Lonn's post as well as your thread and check it out.

We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    See Lonn's post above mine here. More than likely something changed since the last time I was epic. I will test it again once I get back to L28. I do recall a bug with barbs, but if how they work has changed due to that, then DDO should update the text of the augment.
    I agree, sounds good.

Great! Thank you!

What also could be the case is that the same named augments are from other updates loot tables and therefor technically different?

So if person A tests with augments from the same table he sees one proc only no matter how many there are slotted.
    But if person B does the same test and now with augments from different updates he gets them to proc individually.

They do NOT stack...unfortunately...Having 1 versus multiple will not currently provide any additional benefits.

Click HERE

Hope this helps!

Thanks Steelstar!
    no idea, i have one but i mistakenly put it on a fleshy so i only see the damage going off, no heals.
    Last edited by Thar; 09-29-2015 at 02:16 PM.
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Unless something changed in the last update it's not really a 2% chance either. There will always be a ~30 second delay before it goes off again.
    This. It has been like this for a long time and has been posted about several times. Every 30 seconds it goes off without absolutely no % chance. Very easy to test and verify.

Quote Originally Posted by moo_cow View Post
    This. It has been like this for a long time and has been posted about several times. Every 30 seconds it goes off without absolutely no % chance. Very easy to test and verify.
    As I stated....I know it may have already been "tested and verified", but I myself like others sometimes need more than just someone claiming that this is the way that it is. There are still plenty of people who are unsure, and I was unable to find anything absolute or conclusive...thus this video.

Could you also take a look at Deconstructor augment, please?
    It makes item ML28 instead of ML26 (I've reported this bug like a month or two ago, Server: Orien, character name: Durklas):

Last edited by Robai; 10-01-2015 at 07:57 AM. Reason: please
    Loot Design, S/S/S system, TR Cache Button, The exact trap DCs in EE HH, A guide for DDO-ML, Unknown Heroes: 3rd place, Welcome to Orien: /joinchannel Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    This is the most perfect suggestion in the history of suggestions, and it is full of upsides for both players and servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    Thanks for the info, I didn't know about that change. Funny they didn't update the description.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ykt View Post
    Thanks for the info, I didn't know about that change. Funny they didn't update the description.
    Yes, was there anything in the release notes? I don't recall seeing anything recently.
    That would be the logical place to note a major change in a popular augment?
    I don't mind the change, would just have been nice to know about it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast