Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Community Member IlmerSilverhilt's Avatar

Default Dex Vs Wis - The Conclusion

So as I determined in last post, damage is practically equal. With a slight edge to Dex due to better itemization (insight artifact vs quality), and the possibility of a little higher dmg stat. The off-stat Trance didnt matter as much as I had thought, but it is a bit annoying having to switch in an int item. Also I couldnt afford the AA capstone in the Dex version, but this is possible with more racial AP. So it comes down to a personal choice which trees you like the best:

Dex has: Little higher dmg potential, better Reflex/Evasion and feels a bit more defensive too with Shadow Veil.

Wis has: Better CC, Feels simpler and costs less AP

I will keep farming Nemesis runes for Mesmerita's goggles, but then its back to the Racial TR wheel for me. I want to try out a rogue AA build with my Half Elf lives, and I think Ill stick to the wisdom based setup, at least untill I have more APs.

Thx for now! Ilmer
    Ilmer Silverhilt, 36pt (Half) Elf Rogue10/Monk6/Fighter4. The Kighter
    Mesmerita d'Jorasco, 36pt PDK Bard20. Can't talk, TR'ing!
    Acrobot, 36pt Gnome Banker/Puppet/Guildeader
    The Adventure Pack(200), Cannith. Join us!

(not currently) Livestreaming on Twitch.tv/mesmerita - My YouTube

Community Member

I have enjoyed reading about this build thanks very much for posting it.

I have wanted to try a Rogue AA bow character for some time now. I can see now that it will work really well with the setup you have going with all the sneak attack damage you will have.

Are you essentially using the same enhancement trees or are you going to use the Mechanic tree at all?

Hey Coffey, I think Ill base my rogue build around this setup... Take the best feats I can from this fighter and use the AP spread posted here. Im glad you enjoyed the read!

Community Member

Default Lgs?

What types of LGS are you using on the build?

Hey Dom, I am using 4 piece Material Opposition set for +13 dmg and +30% HP

Hello again, Ive made a new build to take advantage of "Into the Mist filigree". I didnt want to make a new build post, so Ill just jam it in here Its based around the fighter Kighter, and they are pretty similar. I got a little less base dmg (but not much), and Im 8 base RP down. I make that up with higher sneaks and more RP bursting. This build got me to 300k+ crits! It has the same equipment, enhancements and not as many feats ofc, but think I got the best ones. I wish I had the new stat tab for the fighter version, but alas I had already TRed...

Buffs used: Everlasting stat, Yugo Dex Con Wis, Greater Heroism, Good Hope, Tensers, Wis KtA, Rog PL and Pally PL.

If you have any questions about the fighter version it will be off memory and what I can deduct from this thread. Ill keep the rogue version until the end of the year, where we do Newyears TR in guild I wouldnt say the fighter is outdated, but I like the rogue one better. Its afterall a 2019 version whereas the fighter started in 2015.

Cheers, Ilmer
    Last edited by IlmerSilverhilt; 11-16-2019 at 05:21 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by IlmerSilverhilt View Post
    Hello again, Ive made a new build to take advantage of "Into the Mist filigree". I didnt want to make a new build post, so Ill just jam it in here Its based around the fighter Kighter, and they are pretty similar. I got a little less base dmg (but not much), and Im 8 base RP down. I make that up with higher sneaks and more RP bursting. This build got me to 300k+ crits! It has the same equipment, enhancements and not as many feats ofc, but think I got the best ones. I wish I had the new stat tab for the fighter version, but alas I had already TRed...

Buffs used: Everlasting stat, Yugo Dex Con Wis, Greater Heroism, Good Hope, Tensers, Wis KtA, Rog PL and Pally PL.

If you have any questions about the fighter version it will be off memory and what I can deduct from this thread. Ill keep the rogue version until the end of the year, where we do Newyears TR in guild I wouldnt say the fighter is outdated, but I like the rogue one better. Its afterall a 2019 version whereas the fighter started in 2015.

Cheers, Ilmer
    so I assume this is what you are running currently? How does this perform in all the endgame content? I keep reading that bow builds are waaaaaay behind Inquis xbows but i really want to play my bow person this time around. I was thinking of doing the para route for cc but if this damage build is viable then id rather see big numbers!!
    That being said, what feats did you choose? what about enhancement points spent? what ED do you run with? what twists? Im sure there is more id want to ask but I cant think of what atm. I also just realized my race is half-elf. Is there a variation of this build where i could get AA from having ranger lvls instead of say the fighter lvls? what would i be giving up?
    also your original build on page 1 has you putting all remaining points into spellcraft. does this rogue variant do that as well? and why spell craft over other skills like balance, spot, or more umd?

nvm about all of this. messing with the character editor i discovered i cant run what i suggested without giving up t5s in enhancement trees. blah.
    Last edited by shuynn; 12-29-2019 at 05:24 PM.

Community Member

Have you looked at Cleric 14 War Domain AA Monk 6 with the same AP layout?

Also, have you played a pure Fighter AA?
    +40 Ranged Power, One Cut etc
    Last edited by Coffey; 12-29-2019 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shuynn View Post
    so I assume this is what you are running currently? How does this perform in all the endgame content? I keep reading that bow builds are waaaaaay behind Inquis xbows but i really want to play my bow person this time around. I was thinking of doing the para route for cc but if this damage build is viable then id rather see big numbers!!
    That being said, what feats did you choose? what about enhancement points spent? what ED do you run with? what twists? Im sure there is more id want to ask but I cant think of what atm. I also just realized my race is half-elf. Is there a variation of this build where i could get AA from having ranger lvls instead of say the fighter lvls? what would i be giving up?
    also your original build on page 1 has you putting all remaining points into spellcraft. does this rogue variant do that as well? and why spell craft over other skills like balance, spot, or more umd?

nvm about all of this. messing with the character editor i discovered i cant run what i suggested without giving up t5s in enhancement trees. blah.
    Hey Shuynn thx for your questions! Yes, I run rogue version atm, and I really like it in endgame. I cant really compare to INQ as Ive always been a bow-build. I didnt detail the rogue one, because it is so similar to the fighter version. Same stats, wisdom based, same enhancements and twists, same gear setup and both run in Shiradi. The way rogue differs is less feats but more skill pts (semi workable trapping). I say semi bc I couldnt do traps in Sewer Ambuscade R5, only on a 20+90 roll I could improve a bit on the trap gear though, but never noticed an issue before that quest. As for feats I got the good ones, Point Blank(1), Rapid Shot(3), Precise Shot(6), Rog PL(9), Manyshot(12), Imp. Precise Shot(15), Imp. Crit:Ranged(18) & Pally PL(30)... Rest of epic feats unchanged, and with fighter and monk feats I get the remainders like, Zen Archery, Precision, 10K Stars, Weapon Focus, Weapon Spec.

edit: ohh and I took Blinding Speed at 27 since I dont use Chaosbow anymore.

Spellcraft was just to increase my Shock Arrow stance, and Ive since gone for Diplomacy instead... Thats bc I started to run in Shiradi and there is a great colors-buff with +10 all stats, but it seems kinda rare to get it hehe

And regarding AA tree, you can get that from Elf & Half Elf, so no need for the ranger lvls. AA's with ranger lvls tend to dip into DWS tree from the builds Ive seen. I hope my reply, makes sense and Im standing at Fred atm, trying to figure at what lvls I took what feats... But the above should be pretty accurate. Feel free to ask if theres something I didnt cover enough

Happy Newyear!
    Last edited by IlmerSilverhilt; 12-30-2019 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffey View Post
    Have you looked at Cleric 14 War Domain AA Monk 6 with the same AP layout?

Also, have you played a pure Fighter AA?
    +40 Ranged Power, One Cut etc
    Hey Coffey, no I actually didnt try any of those builds. My brother ran one of those clerics and liked it, although Im not sure about his domain. He could get some ranged power with turns.

I initially did my fighter version because of the RP feats a fighter can take, but we came up with the rogue AA solely for the Through the Mist fili buff (+50 RP). And I really like the monk stuff with AA, so didnt consider pure fighter.

Happy Newyear!

Community Member

Hey Shuynn thx for your questions! Yes, I run rogue version atm, and I really like it in endgame. I cant really compare to INQ as Ive always been a bow-build. I didnt detail the rogue one, because it is so similar to the fighter version. Same stats, wisdom based, same enhancements and twists, same gear setup and both run in Shiradi. The way rogue differs is less feats but more skill pts (semi workable trapping). I say semi bc I couldnt do traps in Sewer Ambuscade R5, only on a 20+90 roll I could improve a bit on the trap gear though, but never noticed an issue before that quest. As for feats I got the good ones, Point Blank(1), Rapid Shot(3), Precise Shot(6), Rog PL(9), Manyshot(12), Imp. Precise Shot(15), Imp. Crit:Ranged(18) & Pally PL(30)... Rest of epic feats unchanged, and with fighter and monk feats I get the remainders like, Zen Archery, Precision, 10K Stars, Weapon Focus, Weapon Spec.

Spellcraft was just to increase my Shock Arrow stance, and Ive since gone for Diplomacy instead... Thats bc I started to run in Shiradi and there is a great colors-buff with +10 all stats, but it seems kinda rare to get it hehe

And regarding AA tree, you can get that from Elf & Half Elf, so no need for the ranger lvls. AA's with ranger lvls tend to dip into DWS tree from the builds Ive seen. I hope my reply, makes sense and Im standing at Fred atm, trying to figure at what lvls I took what feats... But the above should be pretty accurate. Feel free to ask if theres something I didnt cover enough

Happy Newyear!
    I really appreciate the reply!! Thanks for all the info thus far! How would you say this compares to DWS builds? my current car is 12 ranger/ 6 monk/ 2 pally. was running FoTW. Do the rogue lvls make up for not having DWS enhancements? If they are similar should i stay as I am? Is having the Spellcraft better than having balance and more UMD? Would you recommend having disable device instead? Why Shiriadi over FoTW?
    Ultimately im looking for the best 10k star/manyshot build i can get since i love that play style.

I used to have your build too, back in the day... But I then went with fighter to ramp up the RP feats, and now the rogue gets even more of that bursting. FotW pretty much only have faster Furyshots, the furyshots from Shiradi is on a 24 sec cooldown, but the tree has more going for ranged that FotW imo. You can get the special shots like Pin, which I used to twist and healing spring etc. Well you should be able to see my ED setup in the links in first post.

And for DWS they have the awesome Sniper Shot in the cores which I wish I could have on my build Skills: UMD should be full, so the spellcraft/diplo was just extra. And its bc skills I start with 12 Int.
    Last edited by IlmerSilverhilt; 12-29-2019 at 11:27 PM.

Community Member

Hey Coffey, no I actually didnt try any of those builds. My brother ran one of those clerics and liked it, although Im not sure about his domain. He could get some ranged power with turns.

I initially did my fighter version because of the RP feats a fighter can take, but we came up with the rogue AA solely for the Through the Mist fili buff (+50 RP). And I really like the monk stuff with AA, so didnt consider pure fighter.

Happy Newyear!
    Thanks and Happy New Year to you!

Community Member

I used to have your build too, back in the day... But I then went with fighter to ramp up the RP feats, and now the rogue gets even more of that bursting. FotW pretty much only have faster Furyshots, the furyshots from Shiradi is on a 24 sec cooldown, but the tree has more going for ranged that FotW imo. You can get the special shots like Pin, which I used to twist and healing spring etc. Well you should be able to see my ED setup in the links in first post.

And for DWS they have the awesome Sniper Shot in the cores which I wish I could have on my build Skills: UMD should be full, so the spellcraft/diplo was just extra. And its bc skills I start with 12 Int.

what is you skill setup with this build? how many points in umd, dd, search, and open lock?
    did you sac heal since its cross class all the way?

If you stay tuned, I could do a little video for you.. Im in the process of newyears TR and need to do an epic tr then racial tr. That includes lesser TRing and lvling up to 20, then I could maybe get the feats right and show you the skills. My lvling order could maybe be improved as I only got proff with bows around lvl 6 iirc, but we will see in the video. It all worked out in the end. The feats I listed earlier didnt include Master of Forms which is mandatory for this build, and I may have taken that at 18 and imp crit as a fighter feat, Im not 100%

Ilmer

Quote Originally Posted by shuynn View Post
    what is you skill setup with this build? how many points in umd, dd, search, and open lock?
    did you sac heal since its cross class all the way?
    Short answer, all maxed. They are great skills!

Community Member

Short answer, all maxed. They are great skills!
    ill def be interested in more detail in a video.

im not sure how you ended up maxing them all. Heal is cross class for all 3 classes and can only hit 11 1/2 in ranks..if thats what u mean by "max" for heal then ok. but having that dosent leave me with enough to get to but 13 in search, 13 in umd, 21 DD, and 20 open lock. I assume a max Concentration skill here as well. Where are you getting the extra skill points to max them? am i missing something important with the lvling order?

EDIT: I figured it out. I am a wood elf with -2 int. that on top of not investing any points at all into Int at the start gimped my skill point total. raising that to a 10 from a 6 gave me enough to max those skills.
    I would still like clarification on if you have Heal at 11 since thats the highest I can see I can get it.

also what would be the best ability to take when i hit 10 rogue?
    Did you take improved elemental arrow damage at rank 5 or the on crit vulnerability?
    Last edited by shuynn; 12-31-2019 at 07:20 PM.

Community Member

awesome! thanks a lot! This confirms what I went ahead and put together based off the other info you gave me. How important is it to get the Leg Five Rings crafted? sounds like a massive grind and if i can get similar or better stats elsewhere that would save a lot of time and effort. While im at it what about the LGS pieces you have? they BiS? if so, what do they do? I appreciate it a lot!! Thanks! Happy New Years!
    Last edited by shuynn; 01-02-2020 at 06:00 PM.

Hey thx 8) My Five Rings is an important piece of gear, and I dont think it is such a massive grind. Its my con item (con17), and it also has Concentration22, Q Wis+4 and Deception14 which I couldnt fit elsewhere. I dont know if the LGS is BiS anymore, but I still like them, and try to fit them in since I have them. They give me a bonus of +30% HP and +13 crit dmg, and the items have some resists on them. Thats why I have around 1700hp in the video and some 113 resists! I really love my gear, its perfect for me, but Im sure you can come up with another gear set. It IS getting harder and harder to gear around LGS, and should better items come along, I may have to give up on them :P

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast