Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Gladys Knight - A tanky, swashbuckling warlock with soul!

The Gladys Knight is a flexible melee PbAoE build. It's powerful on heroic and epic levels and will work nicely as a quick and brainless warlock past life or a powerful and durable first life toon. (get a Tiefling Assassin's Blade from Three Barrel Cove asap tho and ask a friendly crafter for an assortment of Radiance rings. You'll thank me later. )

In a way it’s a flavor toon for my main Yumie Nightfall, which always and forever will stay Drow. If you want to squeeze every last bit out of the character I’d recommend using human as a race instead, gaining one more feat.

I’m currently leveling it up and having a total blast.

Feel free to give feedback and point out mistakes or optimizations that keep the general build idea and flavor.

If you got questions about the build and happen to hang out on Khyber, send Yumie a tell and we'll chat.

PLAYSTYLE =================================================

I'd describe it as a mixture of a barbarian and a sorcerer - on steroids.

Step 1 - Gather about a million mobs
    Step 2 - Intimidate, to prevent those pesky killst...eh, party members from distracting your prey
    Step 3 - Hit your Burst. Stuff dies.
    Step 4 - Hit your other Burst. More stuff dies. A lot.
    Step 5 - If you really feel like it, kill some stuff with absurd melee crits for a change.

- If things go haywire, turn off your aura and hit Fascinate. Take a nap. Or kill some stuff. You pick.

- If you take actual damage, hit a Cocoon. Or chuck a Silverflame pot, boosted by your Heal Amp and triggering even more temp HP.

- If you face a trap, boost your temp HP, slap on a Protection from energy and just walk through it.

- Can't reach stuff? Switch to blaster mode and annihilate ranged mobs with level 14 powered single target Warlock blasts.

- Oh, and buff those other guys as well occasionally. Share temp HP across the group every 3 seconds. Spam any pot as a layered poor mans 'group heal'. Make new players happy as they throw toothpicks on dragons!

- Show off your tentacles. Then sing a good soul tune in group chat while autorunning to the next 30 mobs. ("War! Huah! Yeah! What is it good for? Absolutely nothing!" is one of my favorites...and no, don't sing it on voicechat.)

REQUIREMENTS =================================================

- Warlock class unlocked (obviously…)
    - A +3 Dexterity tome, if you don’t want to make compromises stat-wise and use Precision.

PRO =================================================

- Solid swashbuckler SWF melee with all the appropriate feats
    - Added perks from warlock like selfbuffs, great UMD and lots of temp HP
    - If you’re into tanking: High DC Intimidate and extra melee threat
    - Balanced defenses with a lot of stacked PRR/MRR, capped dodge and displacement
    - Decent Fortitude and great Will saves
    - Decent HP pool
    - Solo and group friendly
    - High DC Fascinate
    - Brainless area damage

CONTRA =================================================

- No evasion (if that counts as a contra nowadays). Technically you could get Evasion from epic destinies, but…
    - …reflex save is sorta crappy
    - You gotta like Soul music!
    - You gotta call your tentacles lovingly „the Pip’s“

THE GLADYS KNIGHT =================================================

Drow, True Neutral
    14 Warlock / 3 Bard / 3 Fighter

Str 14
    Dex 10
    Con 12
    Int 14
    Wis 8
    Cha 20 (all level-ups)

If you pick Precision instead of Epic Eldritch Blast as a feat, you’ll need a +3 Dex tome to hit the 13 dex prereq. If you don’t have that available, lower Strength or Intelligence accordingly. (but...even if you're just starting out, these tomes are not all that hard to come by, be it from friendly guildies or farming some gold and buying one at the AH.)

On a first and second life I'd probably recommend to lower strength a bit and making up for the lost to hit by taking the Precision feat. (melee damage on this build is Charisma based)

SKILLS =================================================

- Spellcraft, Perform, Intimidate, UMD, Heal (only half ranks)
    - at least 7 ranks in Balance for GSWF
    - 1 point in Jump and Tumble
    - spare points in Concentration, or whatever you like really

FEATS =================================================

SWF, ISWF, GSWF, Maximize, Empower, Quicken, Improved Critical, Shield Mastery, Improved Shield Mastery, Force of Personality, Overwhelming Crit, Perfect Two Weapon Fighting, Epic Eldritch Blast (or Precision), Epic Arcane Eldritch Blast

Code:
    Lvl.  Class      Feats
    =================================================
    1     Bard       Single Weapon Fighting 
    2     Warlock    Pact: Fey
    3     Warlock    Maximize
    4     Warlock
    5     Warlock
    6     Warlock    Empower
    7     Bard
    8     Warlock
    9     Warlock    Quicken
    10    Bard
    11    Warlock
    12    Warlock    Improved Critical
    13    Fighter    Shield Mastery
    14    Fighter    Improved Shield Mastery
    15    Fighter    Improved Single Weapon Fighting
    16    Warlock
    17    Warlock    
    18    Warlock    Force Of Personality
    19    Warlock
    20    Warlock
    21    Epic       Overwhelming Critical
    24    Epic       Greater Single Weapon Fighting
    26    Epic       Perfect Two Weapon Fighting
    27    Epic       Precision (or Epic Eldritch Blast)
    28    Epic       Epic Arcane Eldritch Blast

The feat order is pretty much adaptable to your tastes. I recommend getting at least Maximize and Empower early as the Warlock Burst powers are immensely powerful on heroic levels.

The level order might still be optimized a bit to get the best yield from your skill points: Bard at level 1 is a given (most skill points), frontload Warlock for me as well (most fun), then take Bard and Fighter levels as late as possible to optimize cheap Intimidate and Perform level up’s. Having said that, especially Bard 3 is lots of fun to take early, as it makes killing those poor bursted bastards that much more whammy.

OPTIONS =================================

"Moar swashbuckling"
    A decent build option would be to use Cleave / Greater Cleave instead of Empower / Maximize and remove the two warlock Burst abilities, which has the added perk of freeing some enhancement points. This probably is better with 5 bard levels and tier 5 swashbuckling stuff. I opted against that for now, mostly because I wanted to try the effectiveness of said Bursts on a deep splash melee warlock. Also, it fits the zergy, brainless nature of the build. See below discussion for further contemplation on this.

"Moar soul"
    Yes, it's possible. Picture James Brown on a reunion concert with the Temptations. The idea is to use FvS levels instead of fighter. This loses 2 feats and the defensive goodness that is stalwart defender. It also adds a lot in regards of Burst and Aura damage with Shield of Condemnation, light SP, spell crit, plus some defenses from Warpriest as well. (LavidDynch and Tapster pointed that great option out, thanks!)

"Drow? Seriously?"
    A good argument can be made for sure to use a different race. Human as always is a great option for an additional feat and probably is the best option overall. Also Dwarf comes to mind to add more Con and HP (but...you're very, very AP starved when you fiddle with the details and lose Charisma). Or maybe PDK for both Charisma to Hit and Damage (but you don't really need the to hit and it has it's drawbacks as well...less skillpoints total...more AP needed...).

As mentioned, Yumie will stay Drow, so for me this was not an option at all. Feel free to figure out build variations and post them in this thread, tho.

SPELLS ================================================== ==

Bard 1 (3): Sonic Blast, Focusing Chant, Cure Light Wounds
    Warlock 1 (2): Jump, Shield
    Warlock 2 (2): Blur, Invisibility
    Warlock 3 (2): Dimension Door, Displacement
    Warlock 4 (1): Evard’s Black Tentacles, Protection from Elements
    Warlock 5 (1): Tenser’s Transformation

ENHANCEMENTS =================================

Warlock - Enlightened Spirit

4 AP - 4x Core (Aura every 3 sec., +5% Healamp, Fear Immune, 10 max HP, 5 MRR)
    3 AP - Spiritual Defense (9 AC, 15 HP)
    3 AP - Resilience of Body (6 PRR)
    3 AP - Spiritual Bastion (13 PRR)
    3 AP - Spiritual Ward (13 MRR)
    3 AP - Eldritch Burst
    6 AP - Power of Enlightenment (30 Light SP, 12 Universal SP)
    1 AP - Brilliance (Aura gives temp HP)
    3 AP - Spiritual Retribution (3d6 Light Damage on hit)
    4 AP - 2x Charisma
    3 AP - Spirit Blast
    2 AP - Beacon (+20 Heal Amp)
    2 AP - Shining Through (12xCon temp HP clicky, +25 Heal Amp for 20 sec, 30 sec CD)
    ----
    42 AP

Warlock - Tainted Scholar

1 AP - Core (+25 SP, +2 DC clicky)
    2 AP - Strong Pact (2d4 Pact Damage)
    2 AP - Feigned Health (temp HP on cast - or pot use!)
    2 AP - Utterdark Blast (Blast + Aura damage turns evil -> affected by light SP)
    ----
    7 AP

Bard - Swashbuckler

2 AP - 2xCore (2% Dodge, +2 Reflex, +2 Max Dex Bonus, 1% Doublestrike, +1 Weapon Enh.)
    1 AP - Tavern Shanties (1 more Bard Songs)
    3 AP - On your Toes (3% Dodge)
    2 AP - Fast Movement (4% Runspeed)
    2 AP - Deflect Arrows
    1 AP - Skirmisher (10% Dodge)
    6 AP - Resonant Arms (6d6 Sonic Damage on crit)
    2 AP - Different Tack (Cha to Damage)
    ----
    19 AP

Fighter - Stalwart Defender

2 AP - 2x Core (18 HP, 6% Fort, 10 PRR, 10 MRR, 50% melee threat)
    3 AP - Durable Defense (15 PRR, 15 MRR)
    3 AP - Stalwart Defensive Mastery (3 AC, 3 Max Dex Bonus for Armor)
    3 AP - Resilient Defense (3 All Saves)
    3 AP - Hardy Defense (6 Con)
    ----
    14 AP

PRR =================================

10 PRR Stalwart Defense
    15 PRR Durable Defense
    6 PRR Resilience of Body
    13 PRR Spiritual Bastion
    5 PRR Improved Shield Mastery
    15 PRR Legendary Shield Mastery
    16 PRR Light Armor
    35 PRR Sheltering
    5 PRR Insightful Sheltering
    ----
    120 PRR, 54.55% damage reduction

MRR =================================

10 MRR Stalwart Defense
    15 MRR Durable Defense
    13 MRR Spiritual Ward
    5 MRR Enlightened Spirit Core
    10 MRR Paragon’s Aegis
    10 MRR Light Armor
    35 MRR Sheltering
    5 MRR Insightful Sheltering
    ----
    103 MRR, capped at 100 for Light Armor, 50% damage reduction

AVOIDANCE =================================

2% Swashbuckler Cores
    3% On your Toes
    10% Swashbuckler Stance with a buckler
    ===
    15% Dodge, plus gear

Dodge caps at 27% with Guild Bonus. Limiting factor is probably your choice of armor. With Thunderforged you’ll be able to hit 21% + 3% Defensive Mastery + 2% swashbuckler core = 26%.

Then 50% Displacement, on a seperate roll.
    Then 10% Incorporeal, on a seperate roll.

MELEE DAMAGE PROCS =================================

6d6 sonic damage, scaling, on crit
    3d6 light damage, scaling, on hit
    2d6 sneak attack from Shadow Killer Thunderforged

AURA AND BURSTS =================================

Aura, every 3 seconds

7d6 light damage, 14 Warlock
    2d6 light damage, Epic Eldritch Blast
    2d6 light damage, Epic Arcane Eldritch Blast
    7d4 sonic damage, reflex for half, 14 Warlock
    2d4 sonic damage, reflex for half, Tainted Scholar
    ----
    20 - 102, scales with 150% light / sonic SP

Eldritch Burst: Hits for aura damage plus 3d6 light damage:

23 - 120, scales with 120% light / sonic SP

Spirit Blast: Hits for aura damage 10d6 light damage:

30 - 162, scales with 120% light / sonic SP

DOUBLESTRIKE =================================

8% Improved Shield Mastery
    7% Legendary Shield Mastery
    1% Swashbuckler
    ----
    16%, plus 0-50% from Divine Crusader

EPIC DESTINY =================================

The build is not yet fully fleshed out for epic levels. In my opinion it works best in Divine Crusader:

• meshes very well with the PbAoE nature of the build
    • closes a few gaps, namely some strong active healing and full BAB, if you don't want to use Tenser's.
    • warlock aura also builds Purification stacks lightning fast
    • the better critical profile synergizes with swashbuckling

Twists: Cocoon, Legendary Shield Mastery, Grim Precision (you'll know what to pick as a 4th if you have it available )

Another Twist combination pointed out by Tapster (thanks!) is using Prism, Double Rainbow and Legendary Shield Mastery as a third, if you can live without cocoon or have 4 twists available.

Enjoy
    Last edited by Gnarkh; 09-06-2015 at 11:24 AM.
    "Don't mess with dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup."
    Proud citizen of Khyber, Dabbler in the arcane art of creating flavor builds and weird guides:
    The Gladys Knight (A melee warlock with soul), The Stonehenge (Efficient druid survival caster), The Starman (Ranged coup-de-grace assassin), DDO Urban Dictionary (All those useless acronyms - fully explained!)

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarkh View Post
    This in a way is a flavor toon for my main (which always and forever will stay Drow..)

I’m currently leveling it up, having a blast. It helps to have some decent bard equipment stashed.

While I can guarantee its effectiveness on heroic levels for its balanced defense and offense, how it scales on the harder epic quests remains to be seen. It should, however, work nicely as a warlock past life or a powerful first life toon.
    Looks like a fun build
    One suggestion I would make though, is maybe making it Warlock 12/Bard 5/Fighter 3 and going T5 from Swashbuckler. Nets you CdG/Thread the Needle/Exploit Weaknesses, I think it would do more good than the ES T5. Your call though

Either way, I definitely would vote Divine Crusader for this build
    Kestros, Shintao Monk
    Leader of The Shadowtouched, Ghallanda
    Member of the Tyrs Fellowship

It's a great suggestion. (and actually it was already - slightly hidden - in the feats section of the OP as a build option ).

I thought long and hard on it, CDG is very, very tempting as are the 5 base damage.

Then I said to myself, what the heck and started leveling the toon - and realized how much fun those Warlock burst "cleaves" are (which is the main reason why I went tier 5 with the warlock tree).

They are 360° with a decent reach, totally brainless and mesh quite nicely with the aura and later on with Divine Crusader hopefully. At least that's my reasoning and I'd very much recommend them, if you plan to TR at level 20 - from my current experience with the toon. If I feel they aren't effective anymore on epic levels, it's the first thing I'd change on a next life.

Another big pro of your suggestion is, that Quicken becomes a bit pointless (imho it helps a ton to easy the rotation of bursts and melee, ymmv), so you have one more additional feat to play around with. Maximize and Empower probably would be exchanged for Cleave / Greater Cleave. Then a vicious circle starts and a lot of the enhancement decisions would be questionable (i.e. why get so many light damage upgrades, if you only use them for the aura...or why invest at all in Tainted Scholar, if there is no synergy with the bursts...).

Or you balance it out and stick with the weaker burst only.

The single target damage will obviously be better with the "more swashbuckling" setup and CDG is of course fantastic.

The tradeoff besides losing one or both of the brainless bursts (so AoE would suffer a lot) is:

- 20 less Heal Amp, 5 MRR and 5 UMD less and no level 5 spell.

- As this typically will be Tenser's you'll lose 4 Strength (2 to hit), 4 Constitution (2 Fort Save, max HP and temp HP), and take a huge hit to DPS when not running an ED that gives full BaB. While this can in theory be all mitigated with scrolling Tenser's and using alchemical pots and stuff, I'm personally staying clear from being too dependent on clickies and consumables besides the bare necessities.

If one is not so sure, what playstyle suits him best here, I'd recommend the 12/5/3 split and try both enhancement setups as the feats are easily swapped.
    Last edited by Gnarkh; 08-26-2015 at 01:20 PM.
    Proud citizen of Khyber, Dabbler in the arcane art of creating flavor builds and weird guides:
    The Gladys Knight (A melee warlock with soul), The Stonehenge (Efficient druid survival caster), The Starman (Ranged coup-de-grace assassin), DDO Urban Dictionary (All those useless acronyms - fully explained!)

Community Member

(I know this is flavor build -- but it could be fun!)

Im thinking about a 15wrl (for wings) 3brd-2fvs(scourge+ DM)

Will be a bit squishy ^^
    O M N I P R E S E N C E
    J i c h a e l
    -&- D i l l i n j a h

But the light damage will rock!

(And I'm not sure there's such a thing as a squishy warlock )
    Last edited by Gnarkh; 08-26-2015 at 09:07 AM.

Coming off a Warlock life into a Bard life, this makes me want to cap and run this build! Sounds like a blast!
    Member of Upper Caves of Anthia on Ghallanda. Main Toons:
    Calamas: Single Heroic Completionist. Racial Completionist in progress
    Millitis: Work in progress. Currently a Steel Shrine Build (outdated)
    Ariethil: Tempest Ranger (Primary Crafting Toon)

Some Updates:

• some tiny fixes in the enhancement section
    • added a section with ideas for build options
    • added a section explining the general playstyle of the build

Ain't no mountain high enough for this build...

Gnarkh / Yumie

Just capped a 14/3/3 Warlock/Bard/FvS version running Shield of Condemnation. Loadsa fun. Playstyle pretty much as described above. I ran human for the extra feat.

I also had a long think about Swash T5 or ES T5 and eventually settled on ES T5 for survivability. I figured the loss of a few melee crits was worth it.

(I ran in Divine Crusader with Prism/Double Rainbow twisted)

Quote Originally Posted by tapster View Post
    I ran in Divine Crusader with Prism/Double Rainbow twisted
    omg. that sounds fun as well. Totally gonna try it.

I very much like the idea to use FvS. Not sure about what you can fit in with the AP, but +light damage, PRR as well, light vulnerability, Divine Might, potentially full ranks in Heal. That's a damn good package as well. Very tempted to try that. And probably drop the shield feats. Or Quicken / Force of Personality. Hmmmmm. *sigh* This will be my next headache then .

(I can't help, but chuckle a bit about the fact that I'm making all those joke references to Soul music, but didn't come up with the idea at all to use FvSoul in the split... )

At the very least I'll edit in your split for build options as a more offense oriented version. As well as human for the race options.

Thinking about your split I'm just wondering, if bard 4 is actually worth it in my build setup. Basically it only adds the Improved Destruction proc. To be honest the 4th level is sort of a leftover from a slightly different AP layout as I think about it.

I'd gain Burst damage, aura damage, 5 MRR, a level 4 spell and more AP to play around with.

Ok, that's a no brainer, gonna change that in the build.

Thanks much for the feedback.

Does Shield of Condemnation proc Purification? Or maybe even Rainbow?

Might I ask which feats you used?
    Last edited by Gnarkh; 08-27-2015 at 11:43 AM.

Updates:

• changed the split to 14 Warlock / 3 bard / 3 fighter
    • made the according changes to AP, gaining Shining Through, and some minor SP and melee damage upgrades
    • added FvS as a build option instead of fighter
    • added Human as a race option, gaining a feat and losing 2 Cha (the better min/max choice by far)
    Last edited by Gnarkh; 08-27-2015 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarkh View Post
    omg. that sounds fun as well. Totally gonna try it.

I very much like the idea to use FvS. Not sure about what you can fit in with the AP, but +light damage, PRR as well, light vulnerability, Divine Might, potentially full ranks in Heal. That's a damn good package as well. Very tempted to try that. And probably drop the shield feats. Or Quicken / Force of Personality. Hmmmmm. *sigh* This will be my next headache then .

(I can't help, but chuckle a bit about the fact that I'm making all those joke references to Soul music, but didn't come up with the idea at all to use FvSoul in the split... )

At the very least I'll edit in your split for build options as a more offense oriented version. As well as human for the race options.

Thinking about your split I'm just wondering, if bard 4 is actually worth it in my build setup. Basically it only adds the Improved Destruction proc. To be honest the 4th level is sort of a leftover from a slightly different AP layout as I think about it.

I'd gain Burst damage, aura damage, 5 MRR, a level 4 spell and more AP to play around with.

Ok, that's a no brainer, gonna change that in the build.

Thanks much for the feedback.

Does Shield of Condemnation proc Purification? Or maybe even Rainbow?

Might I ask which feats you used?
    SoC only procs when you get hit so not much use for trash but it kicks in for boss fights - I'm pretty sure it doesn't proc purification. Definitely not rainbow.

The aura and the blasts both have a chance to proc prism/double rainbow and I think that it's checked for each damage effect. So x3 checks for each aura pulse/blast (base blast, pact, light if you have spiritual retribution). However, I've not bothered with any sort of sampling and stats, that's just good old empirical gut feel.

My feats were 3xSWF, IC:whatever, SM, ISM, Quicken, Emp, Max, OC, Epic EB, Epic Arcane EB, PSWF. I didn't take precision or Bard 4 for dest/Imp dest as I figured I only really needed fort bypass for bosses and I'd get that eventually through SoC. Plus no SB T5, so no thread the needle.

The build felt a bit squishy without SD enhancements and, as you say, no evasion - although I managed to get PRR in the 90's and DC is a great destiny for healing. I could have done with a 4th twist for Cocoon as my only burst heal was a quick/emp/max CLW (a bit expensive). The only reason I might take Bard 4 would be for CMW as a more solid burst heal but you're trading off the Warlock 14 stuff so...

It was a str build to take advantage of Divine Might but I maxed Cha and all level ups into it.

It was a really fun build - it's only because of my compulsion to TR as soon as I hit 28 that I TR'd at all.

I did love the rainbow aura procs though. Gonna try some sort of warlock 6 or 7 split next. Probably pally 14/warlock 6.

Thanks Tapster, yeah that all makes a lot of sense.

Having said for now I'll still use the more defensive fighter split, at least until I got some really decent epic gear farmed out. (which is a bit of a fallacy, because I'm as TR addicted as you are lol...)

I'm actually contemplating to go fighter 4...would add yet another feat (and this build needs feats, I kinda like that you squeezed in the Warlock one as well...I wonder tho, how it 'maths' against Mental Toughness = more spell crit...).

One thing I'll for sure change is getting Epic Arcane Eldritch Blast as an ED feat. Kinda overlooked that.

With lowering bard to tier 3 (same thoughts on Improved destruction here) I have juuuust enough extra AP to squeeze in 10% runspeed and the HP booster for stalwart stance. For the min/maxxers out there, combined with human that would give a ton of feats and all useful, no fillers...

And I can't resist runspeed. I really can't. ("Nowhere to run to....nowhere to hiiiiide...")

As a super defensive variant (and maybe a very viable one for players that don't have greensteel and 5 years worth of past life gear at their disposal), one could even add Bulwark of Defense (+2 saves) and switch Pact to Fiend (another +2 Saves), losing some synergy with sonic spellpower one would add for the bardic side of damage.

This might get too weak on the damage side of things for me, but I'll for sure keep the option in mind, when I feel my saves aren't up to snuff in EEs tho. (kinda easily fixed, one feat swap for Pact and an Epic TR for Bulwark vs. whatever you took at 24...)
    Last edited by Gnarkh; 08-29-2015 at 04:27 PM.

Updates:

• optimized AP a bit more for more pact damage and PRR
    • optimized level-up order and feats
    • added a section with all melee procs
    • added a section with aura and burst damage
    • fixed the MRR / PRR calculation
    • fixed the Dodge section
    • edited the article as a whole a bit

And as it turns out, there's no way to fit tier 4 Stalwart that makes sense. No runspeed *sniff*.
    Last edited by Gnarkh; 08-29-2015 at 03:15 PM.

Community Member

Default A few quick questions

First one is easy, is it a typo to take Bard and Fey pact at the same time ?

1 Bard Single Weapon Fighting, Pact: Fey
    2 Warlock

Wouldn't it be -

1 Bard Single Weapon Fighting
    2 Warlock Pact: Fey

Second question- Advice for healing, scrolls since UMD is so high ? Haven't made it to the sphere where I can snag healing spring or cocoon yet

Weapons/Armor or gear q/a
    Armor- I have a shadowscale robe from when this guy was a wizard. What's the advice ?
    Weapons- Using a Rapier and Bucklers from the past few updates, any other advice ?

Heya,

I just played this build for 2 Epic lives (used PDK and different enhancement distribution but with a similar idea) and it's great. The light and sonic damage combine lovely. I usually could forego healing and complete EE's on the temp hp's from ES tier 5 Shining Through, combined with the renewing Feigned Health (and sometimes Stanch from Tainted Scholar). Had to do an arcane life so I went Fatesinger first time around and DC second epic life (and 3rd before ITR). Both ED's were fun.

The DPS was less than the pure warlock Shiradi I did before that to get completionist back (and my +6 tomes which had gone poof a few TR's before). But still better than average and obviously enough to survive in EE's.

In your feat section you do not mention the Shield Mastery feats, but later on you do. I think they make the Swashbuckler buckler/SWF combo that much better.

Overall great build that I can recommend to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by LouM3 View Post
    Wouldn't it be -

1 Bard Single Weapon Fighting
    2 Warlock Pact: Fey

Second question- Advice for healing, scrolls since UMD is so high ? Haven't made it to the sphere where I can snag healing spring or cocoon yet

Weapons/Armor or gear q/a
    Armor- I have a shadowscale robe from when this guy was a wizard. What's the advice ?
    Weapons- Using a Rapier and Bucklers from the past few updates, any other advice ?
    Regarding feats. Oh yup. You take that at the first warlock level indeed. Thanks I'll fix it.

Healing. For heroics you don't need an awful lot of healing and pots and the occasional scroll absolutely do the trick. And it should as well for EN and EH. I'm just heading into epic levels, healing will be a mix of: Divine Crusader healing patches, a maximized Cure Light Wounds, Silverflame Pots and Scrolls, if I really have to. And Cocoon until this is all farmed out and set up. You get a really healthy boost with the Warlock Heal Amp. A nice healamp item on top and some devotion item or augment will go a long way as well.

Plus 90-ish temp HP every 3 seconds, plus boos temp HP from Shining Through, as Nuryam mentioned.

With good saves, decent HP, PRR and MRR, dodge and displacement, you got a lot going defensively.

Equipment wise, I think for heroic there are a couple staples: Tiefling Asassin's Blade (Level 4), Razorend (Level 14) or a Skullsmasher (Level 12-14). Those are all favored weapons for their improved crit profile.

For the same reason on epic levels Balizarde or the Epic Skullsmasher (Level 23-24) are great choices.

For leveling heroics I used crafted armor and bucklers (adding slots used i.e. for heavy fort and vitality). Crafted Radiance Rings. +6 stat items, the Lordsmarch set for a while.

A Lantern Ring is a no brainer until I find another way to slot radiance in. As a buckler I'll use Kobold Admiral's Tiller. I'll as soon as possible craft a Thunderforged Light Armor and a Tier 2 weapon, most likely a short sword.

I wouldn't recommend robes to get that little extra boost in PRR and for TF it adds a little damage proc on top.

Having said that, I'm not incredibly up to date with the last two updates shinies, so I'd take suggestions as well.
    Last edited by Gnarkh; 09-06-2015 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuryam View Post
    In your feat section you do not mention the Shield Mastery feats, but later on you do. I think they make the Swashbuckler buckler/SWF combo that much better.
    So do I . Yeah I took both feats, they just somehow vanished from the "flat" feat list. Fixed.

Community Member COBHCLambofgod's Avatar

Default Thf

any ideas for a THF version of this? would be really cool for me cause i have a lot of good two handers for TRing.

Why Charisma for damage? I would expect INT would be better. Not only would you have greater Spellcraft (INT-based skill) and more skill points, but you would also be able to take even more advantage of the Harper's "Know the Angles" ability for melee damage.

You would need to squeeze 7-8 AP out of the other trees to get Know the Angles, but I suspect you could do that by dropping Charisma and Beacon from Enlightened Spirit, and one level of Resonant Arms from Swashbuckler.
    Last edited by Alavatar; 11-05-2015 at 11:55 AM.

Community Member

Little bit of a necro post, but wanted to try this build and I was just wondering why you build up single weapon fighting and then at 24 suddenly take perfect two weapon fighting?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast