Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

When I logged in after the hotfix, I noticed that my char had 640HP instead of 690 at level 25. Checked my con+false life item, correct. Checked the character sheet to see tomes and the +4 tome was there, but maybe it wasn't applying, because a +4 tome at level 25 are exactly the 50HP that my char is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Laoshifeng View Post
    Have just run virus scan on all my turbine files with no issues detected if that helps set your mind at ease a little!
    Thanks

Actually, my mind is pretty much at ease. Viruses don't freak me out, I remove them for a living. Kazy is more of a spyware/adware type thing than a nasty data eating virus.
    Although, I was wondering if it suddenly got a taste for Tomes.
    Sarlona Server - Augon, Vitrin, Allaric, Taheghi, Dhakenshaup, Diviciacus, Loukus, Mehujael, Phreddd, Talaun, Zhugeliangg

Officer of The Wulfepack - "If you call one wolf, you invite the Pack"
    Visit http://thewulfepack.shivtr.com/

The mistakes of a fighter are the scars on his face.
    The mistakes of a rogue are still locked in their place.
    The mistakes of a mage were destroyed with a boom.
    And the mistakes of a Cleric are lying in a tomb.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

I decided to compound more issues this morning.

I installed a brand spanking new out of the box cable modem.

Broke everything but I got it back up and I have asked my son to test out the wireless on his devices, so far, he has no problems other than needing the password(again!) My wife might have some excitement when she gets home from the work trip to lovely Oklahoma.

I have had no virus problems or warnings from my machines.

I was able to login to the game on all the machines. Then promptly Turbine logged me right out!!

I have one bathroom almost cleaned and washed the sinkfull of dishes. The dishwasher is roaring right along.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Community Member

Somewhere there is a dev with a full load in their shorts, frantically looking for a restore point!

Community Manager

As players have noticed, tome benefits were not applying upon login after we opened the worlds this morning. We have now brought down the game worlds while we resolve this issue.

We will be rolling back character data so that this bug does not have an impact on characters, and will be putting together a new build that we expect to be released later this afternoon. Characters will have their tome benefits back when they log in later today, and those who already updated their game clients will just need to patch to the new build.

If we were to only roll back character data then reopen the worlds, players who had already updated their game clients would have had to re-download the game, which is why we are leaving the game down until we get our new build ready to deploy.

We apologize for today's issues.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Archaos View Post
    Seriously, how is it possible tomes are related in any way shape whatsoever to the changes within this hotfix?
    The official changes in this update are:
    Examination lag
    I'm leaning toward it being something to do with that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Default One world at a time

Would it be possible to address issues, install updates, patches, hot fixes... one world at a time? that way all could log on "alts" to appease their addiction while their "main" unavailable... and is lamina up during downtimes?
    Last edited by OrodelaSol; 08-20-2015 at 09:49 AM. Reason: autotype..seriously? leave my typing alone!

Default Eta?

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    As players have noticed, tome benefits were not applying upon login after we opened the worlds this morning. We have now brought down the game worlds while we resolve this issue.

We will be rolling back character data so that this bug does not have an impact on characters, and will be putting together a new build that we expect to be released later this afternoon. Characters will have their tome benefits back when they log in later today, and those who already updated their game clients will just need to patch to the new build.

If we were to only roll back character data then reopen the worlds, players who had already updated their game clients would have had to re-download the game, which is why we are leaving the game down until we get our new build ready to deploy.

so how much longer is all anyone cares to know...

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by OrodelaSol View Post
    Would it be possible to address issues, instals updates, patches, hot fixes... one world at a time? that way all could log on "alts" to appease their addiction while their "main" unavailable... and is lamina up during downtimes?
    Sorry, no. It takes time to compile a build, stage it, then check it out and make sure it is ready to deploy, etc. When that process is done, we will then be ready to apply it, do another round of checks, and reopen the worlds.
    Join us on Twitch!

So does that mean I lose the loot I got in the short time that the worlds were up?

Community Member

We will be rolling back character data
    Used my gold roll, ate the XP. Shards aren't character data, XP is. Lovely. Also the quests I did. *sigh* Turbined.

Community Member

Somehow, this is because the release notes were up before the patch was put in. I don't know the how, but gosh darn it, it has to be related!

Community Manager

We are currently expecting to have the worlds reopened late this afternoon, Eastern time. We will of course keep you updated.

In regard to the "how": This bug is a halo effect of work done to fix so-called "examination lag", which was being caused by specific effects not properly cleaning themselves up upon item switching and log in. Essentially, characters were having these effects stack up to the point that it was causing a game performance issue. For the specific characters, it would manifest as taking a long time to log in, and "lag" for the instance when being examined.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Manager

So does that mean I lose the loot I got in the short time that the worlds were up?
    Yes.
    Join us on Twitch!

Question: If I removed something from my shared bank or mail into my character's inventory, and my character gets rolled back, can I assume the item(s) from shared bank and mail will be permanently gone? Or are you rolling back shared bank/mail data as well?

Default It's not that hard

It's not really that hard. Just reverse your patch so players can play again. There was nothing game breaking before it. Then work on updates. Try again when things are fixed properly.
    Respectfully

Ten of Ten the Sorcerer, Aerenal
    Alprudr of Thorr and Sif, Aerenal
    Mother of Symphonies, Aerenal
    Illusions of Life, Aerenal

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PNellesen View Post
    I'm leaning toward it being something to do with that...
    Examination looks at character effects, or buffs.

Character tomes are permanent and do not show up in examination. They persist through reincarnation. It takes 15 seconds or whatever to read a tome, and rightly so due to its permanent effect.

The two are and should be fundamentally different components of the game engine.

The mind boggles.

If I bought a +6 supreme ability tome for my main during the short uptime, am I screwed out of that tome and the 6000 tp?

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Yuppers!!
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Community Member

Errhhmm....

I just sorted out most of my bank and cache

Will all that work be lost too then?

Did it before the announced downtime 8am

Bloodlickr - Tyrs Paladium/Tyrs Fellowship - Camaraderie and pure gaming fun!

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast