Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Interesting, I did not know this. The good news is that it's easier to complete the manuals as you'll keep on counting.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    This is indeed not working as intended. By and large, Iconic True Reincarnation and Heroic True Reincarnation are intended to function similarly in most ways. (The requirements and past lives being the principle intended differences.)

As others have noted, the heart required is the one matching your character's "current" life. Characters who are currently Iconic, who want to go through an Iconic True Reincarnation, require an Iconic Heart of Wood.

Still not fixed, it would be nice and honest to your customer base to fix it or find a temporary solution since we paid for it.

For example giving people that itr an item that reset character deeds and that expire after 1 day or something to avoid any abuse.
    Last edited by Valniel; 11-07-2015 at 09:13 AM.

This is indeed not working as intended. By and large, Iconic True Reincarnation and Heroic True Reincarnation are intended to function similarly in most ways. (The requirements and past lives being the principle intended differences.)

As others have noted, the heart required is the one matching your character's "current" life. Characters who are currently Iconic, who want to go through an Iconic True Reincarnation, require an Iconic Heart of Wood.
    Necro.

FYI - this is still not working. Did an ITR recently and the MM did not reset.

Is this something that is still being looked at for a fix? I realize there is plenty of xp out there, but the Monster Manual boosts are a nice bonus that I look forward to getting each TR and it would be nice to not lose that on the Iconic lives.

Moderatly reformed forum lurker.

"Hi, Lurker"

Quote Originally Posted by Eelpout View Post
    Is this something that is still being looked at for a fix?
    I suspect this is one of those easy fixes that has just been forgotten about.
    If Lynnabel reads the thread, she might smile nicely, show someone her swords and action may be taken
    Bettayne Brah'dukcc, Cleric of Lathander
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life

For DDO Queries, check out ddowiki.com; New to the game? Head to the Newbie Guide

Community Member

Just TR'd my Morninglord into a human and my MMs haven't reset.

It's really odd that this got a direct dev response 3 years ago and it still hasn't been fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by FlavoredSoul View Post
    Just TR'd my Morninglord into a human and my MMs haven't reset.

It's really odd that this got a direct dev response 3 years ago and it still hasn't been fixed.
    Not so weird for this game.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chaimberland View Post
    I actually like the monster manual not resetting on Iconic True Reincarnation. I never complete it on one life so I never reach the higher xp amounts. Its kinda nice to get those high xp slayer in the MM.
    I wholeheartedly agree. It would be unfortunate to lose that progress. Especially on those that take 5k or more kills.

Quote Originally Posted by ValariusK View Post
    Correct, that's the only time you use a heroic true heart of wood I believe...
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    I thought it was the other way around:...
    Guys!

When you Reincarnate, you use the type of HoW that you currently ARE, not that you want to become!

Heroic Characters use a (Heroic/standard) HoW (at 20), and can then restart as 1 or 15.

Iconic Characters use Iconic HoW (at 30), and can then restart as either 1 or 15.

That's how it works.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12