Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Monster Manual Never Resets

So I've TR'd from human to shadar-kai, from shadar-kai to another shadar-kai, from shadar-kai to a bladeforged, and now from bladeforged back to a human. In all those TR's my character's monster manual hasn't reset.

What's the deal?

It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.

-Sir Terry Pratchett

Community Member

It only resets when you use a regular true druidic heart of wood---i.e. you do a heroic, not an iconic, reincarnation.

Quote Originally Posted by ValariusK View Post
    It only resets when you use a regular true druidic heart of wood---i.e. you do a heroic, not an iconic, reincarnation.
    His manual should have reset on the TR back to human, since that would be with a true druidic heart of wood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigErkyKid View Post
    Description: The arcane archer PrE seems to be designed to work only with bows. However, it is possible to attach its effects to other weapons with much greater rate of fire like shurikens (or crossbows).
    Bug.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    His manual should have reset on the TR back to human, since that would be with a true druidic heart of wood.
    Nah when he went from BF back to human he probably still used an iconic heart, at level 28. His NEXT incarnation will probably reset his MM.

Nah when he went from BF back to human he probably still used an iconic heart, at level 28. His NEXT incarnation will probably reset his MM.
    Alright, good to know. So only TRing from a heroic life gets it reset.

Seems a bit of an oversight to not include the reset on an iconic. Maybe someone will get a spare 30 minutes to track down the bit of code for what gets reset on an iconic TR and add an item.
    Last edited by Ghlitch; 08-05-2015 at 02:47 PM.

It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.

-Sir Terry Pratchett

it would only reset if he does a heroic one not iconic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghlitch View Post
    It would seem only TRing INTO a heroic life FROM a heroic life resets it?
    Thelanis - Pattus M'Bummus, Phezzig, Madhava Manny, Broddi Grumblebeard, Ravensburger

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Draksel View Post
    It would seem only TRing INTO a heroic life FROM a heroic life resets it?

Correct, that's the only time you use a heroic true heart of wood I believe. For instance, I was shadar kai last life, and I TR'd back to a human. I have a MM that never reset after the Shadar-Kai life but when I tr next (probably with an ETR, maybe 2, in between), my MM will finally reset.

Community Member

Correct, that's the only time you use a heroic true heart of wood I believe.
    No, to go from a heroic race to an iconic race you still use a heroic heart of wood.
    My main server is Khyber. Have toons in almost every server for favor purposes. The Faltouts

Quote Originally Posted by Faltout View Post
    No, to go from a heroic race to an iconic race you still use a heroic heart of wood.
    I thought it was the other way around: Use an Iconic Heart of Wood to become an Iconic race (from either an Iconic race or a non-Iconic race) and use a Heroic True Heart of Wood to become a non-Iconic race (from either an Iconic race or a non-Iconic race).
    Description: The arcane archer PrE seems to be designed to work only with bows. However, it is possible to attach its effects to other weapons with much greater rate of fire like shurikens (or crossbows).
    Bug.

Community Member

those conditions sound so opaque it clearly cannot be WAI?

I thought it was the other way around: Use an Iconic Heart of Wood to become an Iconic race (from either an Iconic race or a non-Iconic race) and use a Heroic True Heart of Wood to become a non-Iconic race (from either an Iconic race or a non-Iconic race).
    The heart you use relates to what you are getting out of, not what you are going into. You can go into anything after either an iconic or true reincarnation. Epic reincarnation is another deal.

Founder

nope, it's based on your current race. if on a heroic race, you have to be level 20 or above and use a Heroic True Heart. you can reincarnate into either another heroic race or iconic race.

if on an iconic race, you have to be level cap and use an Iconic Heart. you can reincarnate into either another iconic race or a heroic race.

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    The heart you use relates to what you are getting out of, not what you are going into. You can go into anything after either an iconic or true reincarnation. Epic reincarnation is another deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by kendo View Post
    nope, it's based on your current race. if on a heroic race, you have to be level 20 or above and use a Heroic True Heart. you can reincarnate into either another heroic race or iconic race.

if on an iconic race, you have to be level cap and use an Iconic Heart. you can reincarnate into either another iconic race or a heroic race.
    Thank you both for teaching me about this! I've never been an Iconic race (well, I made a Bladeforged, but only leveled him to 15 and there he sits still).
    Bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghlitch View Post

Seems a bit of an oversight to not include the reset on an iconic. Maybe someone will get a spare 30 minutes to track down the bit of code for what gets reset on an iconic TR and add an item.
    This is indeed not working as intended. By and large, Iconic True Reincarnation and Heroic True Reincarnation are intended to function similarly in most ways. (The requirements and past lives being the principle intended differences.)

As others have noted, the heart required is the one matching your character's "current" life. Characters who are currently Iconic, who want to go through an Iconic True Reincarnation, require an Iconic Heart of Wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    This is indeed not working as intended. By and large, Iconic True Reincarnation and Heroic True Reincarnation are intended to function similarly in most ways. (The requirements and past lives being the principle intended differences.)
    That's not WAI? Awesome, glad to hear it's being looked at then, always wondered why iconic TR's didn't do the trick
    Kestros, Shintao Monk
    Leader of The Shadowtouched, Ghallanda
    Member of the Tyrs Fellowship

in the bowels of the C/A/S iTyrant Seas - Kraken Class

good to hear. hopefully the fix makes it in before the lock!

Default Reincarnation

If we are talking about Reincarnation is it some how possible to make it so you can do an Epic TR and a Herioc TR back to back with out having to level back up to level 20. A new stone or give the Epic Stone the option to go to 20 or start new life.
    Main Characters Adarshae, Adenasenka, Nimithar Pyri and of Argonnessen
    Projects of Interest:
    ADARDDO
    DDO Character Planner V4 (Ron's Character Planner)

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    I actually like the monster manual not resetting on Iconic True Reincarnation. I never complete it on one life so I never reach the higher xp amounts. Its kinda nice to get those high xp slayer in the MM.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Chaimberland View Post
    I actually like the monster manual not resetting on Iconic True Reincarnation. I never complete it on one life so I never reach the higher xp amounts. Its kinda nice to get those high xp slayer in the MM.
    It's not as fun after a couple of iconic lives when you hardly get any xp from it at all because you've maxed out all the common ones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast