Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Gear Planner Spreadsheet

Hello everyone! I've been working on this for the last few months, inputting all of the named items in ddo into a spreadsheet. I imagine, like myself, there are people out there who just enjoy making gear sets for their characters or their friends. Myself, I am more of a visual person and would like to see everything laid out in front of me. This is a pretty simple sheet that, by using dropdown menus, you can search through all of ddo's availiable gear for that gear slot. Augments can be chosen in the dropdowns below the item's effects, and should the currently selected item have the corresponding augment type, the chosen augment will be shown in the gear's effect list.

However, this currently is not complete. I have not gotten around to putting in all crafting, things like: Thunder-forged, Temple of Elemental Evil, Cannith Crafting, etc. The same goes for randomly generated gear. I need to input all possible prefixes and suffixes, so it will take some time.

UPDATE:
    Alchemical Crafting: Complete!
    Thunder-Forged Crafting: Complete!
    Tower of Despair Rings: Complete!
    Dragontouched Armours: Complete!
    Update 31, Gnomeworks loot: Complete!

Currently, I use this in Google Sheets, in which it was made, so that I can share the link and access it with any computer with an internet connection. I opened it in Libre Office, and other than some visual lines missing and not being able to type in your item instead of using the dropdown it works just the same.

This is how it looks when using Google Sheets:

I have had someone experiencing their browser crashing every time they tried to change the gear piece on Google Sheets. If this occurs, I'd suggest downloading it and opening the file with a spreadsheet program.

It can be Viewed/Downloaded on my Google Sheets drive here:
    Google Sheets Link

Instructions
    To save to your computer: File>Download As>[Format] (.xlsx for Excel and LibreOffice)
    To save directly to your Google Sheets (should you be logged in): File>Make a Copy...

Or, if you do not feel comfortable accessing it through goggle, it can be downloaded here at my dropbox (if you still wish to have it on your google sheets drive, you can download it and then upload it to your own):
    Dropbox Download Link

If anyone does choose to use this, I hope it helps!
    Last edited by Shindoku; 05-19-2016 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Update 31

Community Manager

Just wanted to get this effort into the dev tracker. Very nicely done!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Default Cool

Wow. Awesome job.

nice work,
    +1

The Crafting Mogul
    Hero and Host of DDO Chat

Glad to see you finally posted it! Looking awesome so far. You even have a few people that have found bugs, next time you are in DDOChat.com hit up Dagaz for more info.
    The Crafting Mogul of Orien!, Yuupppp!! .:. Join The Craze - http://www.ddochat.com
    Proud to be part of what is, sad at the closure of what was, and grateful to have called it home...
    Proudly Canadian, and just providing my $0.02 cents. ($0.025 USD )

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Awesome! Looks great, you clearly put a lot of work into it!
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Awesome!
    Conn Niall Paladin
    Cormac Mac Airt Ranger/Rogue
    If it is a Paladin with some version of Conn.... it is probably me.

Smile

Very nice, Shin, very nice!

Thanks for the bump Cordovan! Currently I'm working on the Cannith Crafting effects, and it will take a bit as I need to piece together some information. If you guys have any bugs you want to report, just drop them in here and I'll try to get to them fixed.

Totally rep worthy!

Community Member

Oooo looks awesome!

wow - very nice - being trying to do something similar for my bank toons (18 in total) so this is going to come in handy as both gear planner and bank with minor changes.

Very nice again and thanks for sharing
    Since I did not know who I was, they made me take a test so now I know.
    I lead Blue then Green and Red. No Yellow. That means, I like to figure things out first, I like to find a way to please everybody but do not waste my time. And no, I do not like people... Thus I play solo and I have gimped gear....

Having put some cursory thought into a gear planner myself, I see you went with the approach of creating multiple copies of named items that have variable effects. (eg: Gianthold dragon helms.) I considered that but then Dream Edge convinced me to look for an alternative. 100 variations for one item is...excessive.

That's when I stopped thinking about it. Maybe it would be good to set up variable-effect named items in a similar way to cannith crafting / greensteel / thunderforge items, all of which would ideally be supported. But whatever "that way" would be is still a blank to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shindoku View Post
    Thanks for the bump Cordovan! Currently I'm working on the Cannith Crafting effects, and it will take a bit as I need to piece together some information. If you guys have any bugs you want to report, just drop them in here and I'll try to get to them fixed.
    If you PM jjflanigan he might let you bulk download his cannith crafting shard database.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Maybe it would be good to set up variable-effect named items in a similar way to cannith crafting / greensteel / thunderforge items, all of which would ideally be supported. But whatever "that way" would be is still a blank to me.
    I've thought of this, but I wanted the planner to have most of the functionality to it on the first page. Only moving to the other pages when customization of a crafted item was needed. I've been putting the crafting dropdowns at the top of the page the item resides in so that users wouldn't have to rifle through the list to find the item they wish to customize (this was especially apparent in weapons). I will consider this in the future though.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    If you PM jjflanigan he might let you bulk download his cannith crafting shard database.
    I'll do just that, it could save me quite a few hours!

Community Member

Was looking at this and it occurred to me that it would be helpful if you included the min lvl in the name of items if possible. It looks like you did some of the work in Gloves and armour, but if you added it to the end of the name so it would still sort Alphabetically that'd be cool. I don't know it you hand typed that or copy/pasted from the wiki or what, but thank you so much for your effort.

I have all kinds of uses for this

Yes, I plan to have Minimum Levels added in the future with a box on the front page showing the minimum level the gearset can be worn at. I've also wanted to add a gear checklist, where items will state something is missing (such as Fortification). The minimum level addition would have to come after all of the crafting stuff though. It is not something that is entirely needed, but I did add it in there for the future.

Awesome, thanks for the work You put in!

Just an update for the planner. I am working on cannith crafting currently with the info that Jjflanigan kindly gave me. It is going to take a while as there are a lot of effects. However, it will not have the proper restrictions of the builder on cubicleninja. Talking with Untitled at the bar last night, it was brought to my attention that he the restrictions were going to be part of it, and others may have the same thought. The gear planner is not meant to be used as a replacement for a cannith crafting calculator, but a representation of what gear you possess/wish to possess and make a set of gear with less overlap in effects.

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Good work, my Canadian brother from another mother! Kudos/+1!

/tongue in cheek: To bad you can't put this on a resume or can you...? Hehe! Miss all of you guys buddy! :P! ! !
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast