Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Build looks great

Thanks for posting the updated build! Going to try it tonight.

Community Member

Default Imbues and shuriken?

You have to have a bow equipped when you turn on the imbue, and then swap to a shuriken? that's annoying.
    Last edited by Xxyyn; 02-24-2016 at 06:17 PM.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

It's also a bug.
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Quote Originally Posted by Xxyyn View Post
    You have to have a bow equipped when you turn on the imbue, and then swap to a shuriken? that's annoying.
    Or just activate, switch to bow and switch back.

Community Member

Default which one would you recommend?

which one would you recommend for a endgame EE solo/Grouping Build? also saw a 8 rogue/6 ranger/6 monk if you have any opinions on that build?

Quote Originally Posted by xslasherz View Post
    which one would you recommend for a endgame EE solo/Grouping Build? also saw a 8 rogue/6 ranger/6 monk if you have any opinions on that build?
    I can't speak to the other build without a link, just knowing the class breakdown isn't enough.

This build with gear and PLs and being well-played can easily dominate kill counts, and steal aggro of Red Names from the best players on any given server. It's DPS is monstrous, if you do it right. It solo's very well too with 30% Dodge, Displace Clickys, 170 AC'ish (again PL, dependant for some things), high HP in FoTW, and 25% Incorp.

Like any build, Your Mileage May Vary. If you don't keep up your clicks, ABs, switch between AF and IPS for bosses, etc. you will under-perform. If you don't line up things well and learn to combo your Adrenaline+Sniper shot, you will under-perform.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post
    I can't speak to the other build without a link, just knowing the class breakdown isn't enough.

This build with gear and PLs and being well-played can easily dominate kill counts, and steal aggro of Red Names from the best players on any given server. It's DPS is monstrous, if you do it right. It solo's very well too with 30% Dodge, Displace Clickys, 170 AC'ish (again PL, dependant for some things), high HP in FoTW, and 25% Incorp.

Like any build, Your Mileage May Vary. If you don't keep up your clicks, ABs, switch between AF and IPS for bosses, etc. you will under-perform. If you don't line up things well and learn to combo your Adrenaline+Sniper shot, you will under-perform.
    Gameplay video of 8/6/6https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyj2Gde0Scc
    Last edited by xslasherz; 03-02-2016 at 03:52 PM.

Community Member

what build were you talking about the 14/6, 12/6/2, or lastly the 13/4/3?

what build were you talking about the 14/6, 12/6/2, or lastly the 13/4/3?
    I'm not sure I understand your question. What build was I talking about, when?

Community Member

This is a build that rewards (asymmetrically) the excitable and hard working button masher. If you are not interested in constantly rotating through activated attacks and keeping yourself buffed and moving and switching weapons and activating Manyshot and 10k, DO NOT PLAY THIS BUILD. It will be a mediocre ranged toon without the player using it correctly.
    Thank you, I had read a few pages of this thread before seeing this. It's not that I am opposed to this playstyle, but I've never been twitchy, and although I seem to be getting better at kiting around fire elementals (so I never get hit by their fire attack), that's bashing two to three buttons on my cleric, and I only go further when it's a boss and I don't bother kiting then.

Still, it's a super neat set up and I got an epic hard morningstar a few days ago I now use for activating target levers and the odd killing of annoying mob that is at a distance (my cleric has no ranged attacks other than a light dot slotted).

Community Member

Question New to shuricanon builds and looking for help

Hi all,

I find this thread interesting as I want to try a shuricanon build next. However, there are some things that puzzle me.

First, does the Ninja Spy core 2 ability stack (in some way) with shuriken expertise with regards to number of shurikens thrown?
    Second, are the swashbuckler crit profiles still not working?
    Third, if I could fit in Keen Edge (Kensai T5) with Advanced Sneak Attack (DWS Core 4) would they stack?

I do not want to go 20 monk, would definitely approve of a rogue splash. I'm also interested in what people think the benefits are of investing lots of AP in Kensai vs DWS vs Mechanic. Any help on these would be great.

Thanks

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkinquisitor View Post
    First, does the Ninja Spy core 2 ability stack (in some way) with shuriken expertise with regards to number of shurikens thrown?
    Yes, which is a big part of what gives shuriken builds their power - the chance of landing 4 or more stars per throw: base hit, Shuriken Expertise proc chance, ANT proc chance, Doubleshot chance which can go over 100%.
    Second, are the swashbuckler crit profiles still not working?
    The crit range bonus works fine; but the crit multiplier bonus is still on the Known Issues list, so I presume it's still broken.
    Third, if I could fit in Keen Edge (Kensai T5) with Advanced Sneak Attack (DWS Core 4) would they stack?
    No: they're both competence bonuses, which don't stack with each other. Same thing if you added Swashbuckler to Keen Edge or ASA.
    I do not want to go 20 monk, would definitely approve of a rogue splash. I'm also interested in what people think the benefits are of investing lots of AP in Kensai vs DWS vs Mechanic.
    Based on jakeelala's experience, it seems clear that rgr 6 / monk 12-14 is a pretty dang powerful shuriken build: T5 DWS + Adv Ninja Training + 10K Stars is a pretty potent combo. EDIT: you can also exploit AA primary imbues with this build, although it's clearly a bug, IMO.
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Community Member

I'm not sure I understand your question. What build was I talking about, when?

Since you have 3 builds on here i was asking on which one would be best for endgame EE solo/Grouping Build? and you replied with this w/o saying which build you were talking about, didnt know if you were talking about the 14m/6r or the 12r/6m/2f

Since you have 3 builds on here i was asking on which one would be best for endgame EE solo/Grouping Build? and you replied with this w/o saying which build you were talking about, didnt know if you were talking about the 14m/6r or the 12r/6m/2f
    14/6 is top DPS from all of the Monk levels for Doubleshot.

12/6/2 is slightly less but more well rounded with better defense, and better damage outside of Fury of the Wild epic (better crit profiles from fourth DWS core), and more feats for things like Deflect Arrows

Both will totally rock solo and end game grouped.

Community Member

btw at lvl 6 and 24 for feats they both say completionist

Community Member

Smile Choices

So I have a couple of ideas for my build. I have decided to go with either:

A fairly safe 12 ranger (for +1 crit range), 6 monk, 2 rogue with T5 DWS and some investment on Mechanic and NiS (for sting of the ninja)

or

A risky 13 bard, 4 ranger, 3 rogue with T5 Swashbuckler for Coup de Grace and massive crit range, AA exploit for paralyzing

I'm pretty sure that the ranger, rogue, monk option is superior with the monk stances, 10k stars and extra shuriken chance but I wonder if the bard might be more fun to play with fascinate and paralyzing providing opportunities for coup de grace and lots of crits (with even a hope of one day having the crit multiplier fixed).
    Any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated. If there is a better bard thrower build out there on the forums, feel free to point me there.

btw at lvl 6 and 24 for feats they both say completionist
    thanks will try and update this week

Quote Originally Posted by darkinquisitor View Post
    So I have a couple of ideas for my build. I have decided to go with either:

A fairly safe 12 ranger (for +1 crit range), 6 monk, 2 rogue with T5 DWS and some investment on Mechanic and NiS (for sting of the ninja)

or

A risky 13 bard, 4 ranger, 3 rogue with T5 Swashbuckler for Coup de Grace and massive crit range, AA exploit for paralyzing

I'm pretty sure that the ranger, rogue, monk option is superior with the monk stances, 10k stars and extra shuriken chance but I wonder if the bard might be more fun to play with fascinate and paralyzing providing opportunities for coup de grace and lots of crits (with even a hope of one day having the crit multiplier fixed).
    Any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated. If there is a better bard thrower build out there on the forums, feel free to point me there.
    short answer: no, at this time there is absolutely no reason to make a bard splashed thrower. If they fix the multiplier there might be but for now (and I have personally theorycrafted this for hours) there is simply no justification, and a net DPS loss that is significant.

I have absolutely zero throw build experience (I never quite understood how you could get great damage out of 1d2 base damage weapons, I guess speed is king) so this thread is pretty interesting.

Just a couple of questions, apologies if they have already been answered:

First, why is the OP build Half-elf? Just a flavor preference? the enhancement spread doesn't lend itself to delving deep into dilettante improvements, which is where I imagine most of the Helf benefit exists.

My other question being, are thrower builds viable out the gate, or is it recommended to use bows (or even melee) for X levels until you can get certain feats/items?

Community Member

Default Throwers unite!

Hey for anyone into thrower builds there is a new thread about 'throwing expertise' v.s. 'shuriken expertise' in the general forum area:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...lse-will-do-it

If you are into throwers, or you would like to be into throwers go read it and put in your 2 cents worth!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast