Community Member

Default How do I send myself a guild invite?

I started my own guild on a server that I cleared and started over. I now have 2 characters on that server and want my second one in the guild. What's the process?
    I have come to the unfortunate conclusion that most, if not all, games are broken to some extent.
    One should not complain about them if one cannot fix them.
    I, for one, should take this to heart as I embark upon another journey through this game.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Get your guild to level 5 and unlock mail guild invites, then mail your alt an invite.
    Git off mah lawn!

If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by M113k7262 View Post
    I started my own guild on a server that I cleared and started over. I now have 2 characters on that server and want my second one in the guild. What's the process?
    I believe if you want to invite your own characters to a guild you need to invite them via mail. You just need to have a level 5 guild. Just go to the mailbox, click the Guild Invite button, and type in your other character's name.

Or ask a friend to join, promote her to officer then relog with the other character so Your friend can recruit him.

Or dual box if You have other account and do as above.

Community Member

Default Error - The Recipient of this Letter Does Not Exist

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    I believe if you want to invite your own characters to a guild you need to invite them via mail. You just need to have a level 5 guild. Just go to the mailbox, click the Guild Invite button, and type in your other character's name.
    I have only been able to successfully invite one alt. She has a single name. She's 5th level and at the Market Place or Harbor. All other invitations give me the error message that the recipient doesn't exist. These are alts in the same world (entpricht on the same server). One is 15th level. All others are 2nd - 3rd level.

I have a 5th level guild. I go to the mailbox, click on the Guild Invite button, and type in the name, then click Send. I'm writing the letter to the full name of the alt, with the space where it belongs. I'm utterly confused as to what's going wrong. I brought my 15th level character back to Eberon and even tried again; same result. Some of the lower level characters are still in Korthos. Not sure if that is playing a role. My 15th level character should work, however.

EDIT: After writing this, I went back into the game and tried again. I had already tried just the first name, but it hadn't worked. This time, the invitations worked using JUST THE FIRST NAME. I'm going to leave this here, in case anyone else has this issue. :-) Remember: only use the first name of the character. It must always be unique on the server.
    Last edited by HeatherCeana; 02-17-2019 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherCeana View Post
    I have only been able to successfully invite one alt. She has a single name. She's 5th level and at the Market Place or Harbor. All other invitations give me the error message that the recipient doesn't exist. These are alts in the same world (entpricht on the same server). One is 15th level. All others are 2nd - 3rd level.

I have a 5th level guild. I go to the mailbox, click on the Guild Invite button, and type in the name, then click Send. I'm writing the letter to the full name of the alt, with the space where it belongs. I'm utterly confused as to what's going wrong. I brought my 15th level character back to Eberon and even tried again; same result. Some of the lower level characters are still in Korthos. Not sure if that is playing a role. My 15th level character should work, however.
    First name only, no spaces or anything past them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherCeana View Post
    All others are 2nd - 3rd level.,,,,,,Some of the lower level characters are still in Korthos.
    As characters in Korthos don't have access to a mail box and I can't see how you could even invite them via the mail system, unless they left Korthos and went to the Harbor.
    Last edited by Nebless; 02-17-2019 at 11:37 AM.
    Aias Iceforge. Barbarian Ice Dwarf - Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by M113k7262 View Post
    I started my own guild on a server THAT I CLEARED AND STARTED OVER.
    What does that even mean? You can't 'clear' a DDO server.
    Aias Iceforge. Barbarian Ice Dwarf - Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Nebless View Post
    What does that even mean? You can't 'clear' a DDO server.
    confused as well, but i think he means he got a guild from someone and cleared all the other people

otherwise no clue
    main toons: Cerrsi(silly caster/xbow) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Or cleared all of their characters and is starting over?

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    confused as well, but i think he means he got a guild from someone and cleared all the other people

otherwise no clue

Corner Merchants Forums: http://corner-merchants.forumotion.com/

Community Member

Turn unthread!