Page 265 of 266 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266 LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,300 of 5301
  1. #5281
    Community Member doomboyv2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    That must be frustrating. What will you do? Do they have any idea how long the no-travel restriction will continue? I haven't actually been much affected by this pandemic other than home-schooling/virtual schooling the kids because I'm such a hermit I hardly go anywhere anyways. I can't imagine what you must be going through ready to take a next step in life and stymied by circumstances beyond your control. Hang in there, don't give up hope.
    for now, they've just said to wait and they'll let us know. i imagine the college isn't too happy with the uncertainty either.
    let's see.
    Doppelganger? Whatever are you talking about, my dear?

  2. #5282
    Founder & Hero cdbd3rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Escaping Mizzery in the Tavern Attic.
    Posts
    27,655

    Default

    Imgur having issues today so no screenie, but...

    Thel
    DD Gold 100:
    15000 XP
    100 AS
    Cosmetic outfit

    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 09-09-2020 at 01:16 PM. Reason: comma comma comma, too many de comma
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

  3. #5283
    Cosmetic Guru Aelonwy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Imgur having issues today so no screenie, but...

    Thel
    DD Gold 100:
    15000 XP
    100 AS
    Cosmetic outfit

    Congrats Cd. Its really nice on a male druid. Bet it'll be cool for the new Shifter too. Just don't put it on a lady dwarf... take my word for it. *shudders*
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

  4. #5284
    Founder & Hero cdbd3rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Escaping Mizzery in the Tavern Attic.
    Posts
    27,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Congrats Cd. Its really nice on a male druid. Bet it'll be cool for the new Shifter too. Just don't put it on a lady dwarf... take my word for it. *shudders*

    I've got a female Horc that rocks it nicely.



    Meanwhile, in an ongoing effort to not do yardwork, been interwebs wandering again...

    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

  5. #5285
    Founder & Hero cdbd3rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Escaping Mizzery in the Tavern Attic.
    Posts
    27,655

    Default

    There are words in the English language that simply by their utterance conjure dread and trepidation....

    Like "Transmission"

    12-year-old escape, with 222,000 miles. That one word from the mechanic this morning spelled it's death knell.



    (Actually 222,015. I was watching the odo this morning as I finished w*** fixing to take a /nab picture at 222,222.2)
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

  6. #5286
    Community Member doomboyv2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    There are words in the English language that simply by their utterance conjure dread and trepidation....

    Like "Transmission"

    12-year-old escape, with 222,000 miles. That one word from the mechanic this morning spelled it's death knell.



    (Actually 222,015. I was watching the odo this morning as I finished w*** fixing to take a /nab picture at 222,222.2)
    rip. it served well
    Doppelganger? Whatever are you talking about, my dear?

  7. #5287
    Community Member doomboyv2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    Gonna take online classes till i can head to Japan.
    Now, we wait.
    Doppelganger? Whatever are you talking about, my dear?

  8. #5288
    Community Member doomboyv2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    still waiting
    Doppelganger? Whatever are you talking about, my dear?

  9. #5289
    Founder & Hero cdbd3rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Escaping Mizzery in the Tavern Attic.
    Posts
    27,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doomboyv2 View Post
    still waiting
    Ya, it's probably gonna be bit of a wait. Ronaphobia is gonna have a grip on folks (and governments) for some time yet.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

  10. #5290
    Cosmetic Guru Aelonwy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Ya, it's probably gonna be bit of a wait. Ronaphobia is gonna have a grip on folks (and governments) for some time yet.
    In some places that is by design. A population in fear is easier to control. Sometimes having read as much as I have makes for sleepless nights.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

  11. #5291
    Founder & Hero cdbd3rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Escaping Mizzery in the Tavern Attic.
    Posts
    27,655

    Default

    I see where you and hub made your 20s. Grats on that. Did ya get the favor with it?

    I've given up getting the 1750, and trying to hide from chores long enough to make 20. I may have waited too late on that even.

    Yeah, I'm a procrastinating slacker.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

  12. #5292
    Cosmetic Guru Aelonwy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    I see where you and hub made your 20s. Grats on that. Did ya get the favor with it?

    I've given up getting the 1750, and trying to hide from chores long enough to make 20. I may have waited too late on that even.

    Yeah, I'm a procrastinating slacker.
    Thank you.
    Hubby, son, and I all got 1750 last Wednesday and level 20 on Saturday. Hubby was a little ahead, he got a few XP pots from DD and would drink them as they came. It was a little frustrating because he hates holding off on leveling but he was getting XP faster because of his nonchalant DD luck. I really wanted to go for the horse at first too but I realized pretty quickly that it wasn't possible. We only got to run 2-4 quests a day, if that, and we had only made level 9 by the end of the first month. That's about when we stopped trying for MAX favor. If we ever run HC again, I think we won't even try for 5k, its probably a lot faster and less scary running on Hard anyways. Which is what we did after level 11, skipping quite a lot of super difficult content.

    Good Luck.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

  13. #5293
    Founder & Hero cdbd3rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Escaping Mizzery in the Tavern Attic.
    Posts
    27,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Thank you.
    Hubby, son, and I all got 1750 last Wednesday and level 20 on Saturday. Hubby was a little ahead, he got a few XP pots from DD and would drink them as they came. It was a little frustrating because he hates holding off on leveling but he was getting XP faster because of his nonchalant DD luck. I really wanted to go for the horse at first too but I realized pretty quickly that it wasn't possible. We only got to run 2-4 quests a day, if that, and we had only made level 9 by the end of the first month. That's about when we stopped trying for MAX favor. If we ever run HC again, I think we won't even try for 5k, its probably a lot faster and less scary running on Hard anyways. Which is what we did after level 11, skipping quite a lot of super difficult content.

    Good Luck.
    A quick nap yesterday turned into a half day's sleep. I thought for sure I'd pooched it. But thru most of last night, I grabbed my slayer pots and XP pots out of the bank (thank you DD rolls) and hit the explorer zones for their low hanging fruit. After that, and eating most of the XP tokens I had stashed away, I made level 20 with 25 minutes to go before shut-down. I left my favor behind at 1365. I wasn't overly excited about the helm and wanted to make sure I got my sash. I had actually taken a couple nights off w*** to do some house stuff, but that all got back-burnered.

    The desert undead were particularly generous on my runs there. 3 Dusk Hearts in a row, then 4th run gave me a Bloodstone, and then a Ring/SS on the same run! I was sure the game was setting up to kill me in some falling-thru-the-floor glitchy thing. To put that in perspective, I've pulled maybe 3 Bloodstones in my entire game time and never had pulled a Ring/SS. To hit them both in the same run was crazy. (Yes, I did buy a coupe extra lottery tickets on a store run. )
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

  14. #5294
    Founder & Hero cdbd3rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Escaping Mizzery in the Tavern Attic.
    Posts
    27,655

    Default

    W*** story from last night. As I'm leaving a store, I watch a guy stashing items near a side door and riubbernecking to watch the manager. I'm out in my car already, but just wait for the inevitable. When he rolls out the door with his arms full, I stop him at the bottom of the steps and point out that he can go back in or I can write down his license info. His response, after the first obvious "I paid for this", was.... "No, it's okay. I'm not stealing this, my girlfriend in the car has the card." He did go back in and she came in and paid for the stuff.

    One of the most amusing thieves of the year. So far.

    __________

    Meanwhile, in other news. Looking forward to seeing this one:

    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

  15. #5295
    Cosmetic Guru Aelonwy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,800

    Default

    Kids have been asking to play PnP for awhile. Our usual PnP group hasn't met at all since February? IIRC. I had DMed a game for hubby and the kids in mid-summer so we continued those characters, ate pizza and chips and listened to Ambient Guild play RPG ambient sounds from 11:30 am till 8:30 pm today. They solved a kidnapping, rescued the Mayor's daughter, followed some horse thieves to a terrible ambush and fought a pair of ogres with a belly-full of horse + horse thief, staved off a cat burglar that thought he could make off with their reward money and... (albeit partially unwittingly) managed to reveal a political conspiracy (between two duchies) through sheer dumb luck.

    Hubby is playing a Dwarven cleric dedicated to the Dwarven drinking god. Son is playing a halforc barbarian with a fascination for fishing, his form of anger management. Daughter is playing a human rogue that the more she plays her the more I realize her character is a female version of Shaggy Rogers and her weakness is bacon... and cake. Cake and bacon.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

  16. #5296
    Founder & Hero cdbd3rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Escaping Mizzery in the Tavern Attic.
    Posts
    27,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Kids have been asking to play PnP for awhile. Our usual PnP group hasn't met at all since February? IIRC. I had DMed a game for hubby and the kids in mid-summer so we continued those characters, ate pizza and chips and listened to Ambient Guild play RPG ambient sounds from 11:30 am till 8:30 pm today. They solved a kidnapping, rescued the Mayor's daughter, followed some horse thieves to a terrible ambush and fought a pair of ogres with a belly-full of horse + horse thief, staved off a cat burglar that thought he could make off with their reward money and... (albeit partially unwittingly) managed to reveal a political conspiracy (between two duchies) through sheer dumb luck.

    Hubby is playing a Dwarven cleric dedicated to the Dwarven drinking god. Son is playing a halforc barbarian with a fascination for fishing, his form of anger management. Daughter is playing a human rogue that the more she plays her the more I realize her character is a female version of Shaggy Rogers and her weakness is bacon... and cake. Cake and bacon.
    Pure awesome.

    ...and then there's cake and bacon.




    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

  17. #5297
    Cosmetic Guru Aelonwy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,800

    Default

    Inspired a conversation last night before bed, if the Mystery Incorporated gang were DnD characters what would they be?

    Hubby and I came to this conclusion:

    • Fred - Paladin, who's deity Favored Weapon is Traps, his special mount is the Mystery Machine
    • Daphne - Bard with low Dex score, and almost everything in Charisma, also has Wealthy or Noble as background
    • Velma - Cleric, who's domains are Knowledge Science and Artifice (because she's very tech savvy now) and she falls to pieces when anything might actually be supernatural and not explicitly explainable by Science which questions her faith. Yes she's more Int than Wis but her knowledge domain probably has something allowing her to use Int in place of Wis.
    • Shaggy - Rogue, of the Acrobat variety, everything to DEX, reflex saves, dodge and his feats and skills are all about hide/disguise or finding his favorite loot - FOOD.
    • Scooby - Magical Beast (talks) perhaps with ranger levels for Tracking, hiding, and instead of animal companion he has a human companion (Shaggy).


    Arguably, they all have favored enemy undead and monstrous humanoid possibly from their Prestige Mystery Incorporated along with bonuses to investigatory skills.

    Thoughts?
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

  18. #5298
    Community Member Zorrbeania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    A galaxy far, far away...
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Scooby - Magical Beast (talks) perhaps with ranger levels for Tracking, hiding, and instead of animal companion he has a human companion (Shaggy).
    This made me laugh out loud! XD Love the last part especially!
    Sincerely, Zorrbeania.

  19. #5299
    Founder & Hero cdbd3rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Escaping Mizzery in the Tavern Attic.
    Posts
    27,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Inspired a conversation last night before bed, if the Mystery Incorporated gang were DnD characters what would they be?

    Hubby and I came to this conclusion:

    • Fred - Paladin, who's deity Favored Weapon is Traps, his special mount is the Mystery Machine
    • Daphne - Bard with low Dex score, and almost everything in Charisma, also has Wealthy or Noble as background
    • Velma - Cleric, who's domains are Knowledge Science and Artifice (because she's very tech savvy now) and she falls to pieces when anything might actually be supernatural and not explicitly explainable by Science which questions her faith. Yes she's more Int than Wis but her knowledge domain probably has something allowing her to use Int in place of Wis.
    • Shaggy - Rogue, of the Acrobat variety, everything to DEX, reflex saves, dodge and his feats and skills are all about hide/disguise or finding his favorite loot - FOOD.
    • Scooby - Magical Beast (talks) perhaps with ranger levels for Tracking, hiding, and instead of animal companion he has a human companion (Shaggy).


    Arguably, they all have favored enemy undead and monstrous humanoid possibly from their Prestige Mystery Incorporated along with bonuses to investigatory skills.

    Thoughts?
    I find no flaws in that.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

  20. #5300
    Founder & Hero cdbd3rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Escaping Mizzery in the Tavern Attic.
    Posts
    27,655

    Default

    And for my /nab, let me introduce the newest 'singer' to release a single....




    Don't get me wrong - utmost respect for our iconic action-hero/gamer-nerd, but... Naw. Singing ain't in his wheelhouse.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Page 265 of 266 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload