Default 10 week competition - ROUND 9 - WGU

It is time for round 9 which features a trip into the Storm Horn Mountains.

Please read the first post in this thread for the details about the competition rules, prizes, links to prior rounds etc https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...on-with-prizes

Round 9 features “What Goes Up" http://ddowiki.com/page/What_Goes_Up
    It is a level 19 (21 on elite) quest. Complete the quest on Elite with as low level as possible characters either solo (which means no hireling either) or grouped (which may include hirelings).
    Reentry is disallowed and no more than 2 deaths are allowed.
    ToEE Altar buffs may not be used.

Post your completion here. Please type a line in the body of your post in the following format for each member of the group. Kindly use the "-" sign I am using.
    Round 7 - Forum Name - Level of character - Character Name - Guild Name - Server name
    Example:
    Round 7 - Mikarddo - Level 14 - Mikarlvlfourteen - Danskerne - Ghallanda
    When submitting a completion screenshots will also be needed showing the full xp report + character sheet for poster + all members with names about their heads to verify first life status.

Round 9 ends on Sunday June 28th.
    Round 10: The finale so expect something special.

Enjoy.

Results:

Solo:
    Round 9 - Gram - Level 15 - Whyaskwhy - Afraid of gnomes - Khyber
    Round 9 - Vicania - Level 15 - Sudonia - Favor Runners – Cannith
    Round 9 - Raezar - Level 15 - Raedar - Omnipresence - Ghallanda
    Round 9 - Xanthrawl - Level 15 - Zolf - Legacy of the Fallen - Ghallanda
    Round 9 - pjstechie- Level 15 - shamgarjr - Lava Divers- Khyber
    Round 9 - Cesarblack - Level 15 - Cesarbrown - Omnipresence - Ghallanda
    Round 9 - Dodoroq - Level 15 - Urqhuart - The Silver Legion - Cannith

Group:
    Round 9 - Cesarblack - Level 15 - Cesarbrown - Omnipresence – Ghallanda
    Last edited by mikarddo; 06-30-2015 at 04:53 PM.
    Danskerne
    Et dansktalende guild på Ghallanda. Send PM, hvis du er interesseret.

Uh... shudder.
    Characters on Cannith: Daian of the Tree, completionist (life 20); Tirain Hawksong (4th life Monkcher), Sorain Hawksong (2nd life Wizard), several mules.
    Recruitment Officer and proud member of The Silver Legion on Cannith. Feel free to PM me about the guild!

Round 9 - Gram - Level 15 - Whyaskwhy - Afraid of gnomes - Khyber

Completed 6 levels below quest level? That's impressive work.
    "Unexplained noises are best left unexplained."
    -John Bellairs-

Community Member

Round 9 - Vicania - Level 15 - Sudonia - Favor Runners - Cannith

It was easier than expected.

Not a native english speaker.

On top of a mountain in the middle of nowhere

Default Round 9 - Raezar - Level 15 - Raedar - Omnipresence - Ghallanda

This isn't pretty but too long to run :P over. I am not a multi-tasker lol, managing H-agro and dinner went afk, not in an ideal spot lol. Then stunned to death but it is a completion. Onto devil's assault.

Raezar ~ Raezen ~ Raeving ~ Raedar

Community Member

Round 9 - Xanthrawl - Level 15 - Zolf - Legacy of the Fallen - Ghallanda

2nd attempt. 1st attempt made it to the end fight. Champ Shadovar disintegrate to the face, dead. Res, rebuff, try again. Nat 1, disintegrate to the face. Dead 2. Killed everything, just boss left. Server locks up. Come back dead #3. Ressed out quite certain I would have finished had the server not screwed me.

This attempt was more smooth, but took a bit longer. 1 death, which was caused by server lag again (Ghallanda - you're all surprised, I'm sure.) I was fighting 1 mob, when suddenly I couldn't move. I kept shooting, and periodically tossed myself a heal, but to no avail. When the server finally caught up, my stuff didn't register, but the mob attacking me did. I was too far in to call it quits by then, so I used a cake to res and move on.

The end fight was the only real challenging bit. The Orc guys were easy. Pull a few, Blade Barrier + IPS = Win. The Ice Elementals weren't bad either. They are slower to pull, so it was a bit more of a pain, but not difficult. The Shadovars were stressful. I knew from my first run that a Champ Shadovar (and probably a non-champ as well) disintegrate failed save would be death. I invis and scope out the scene on the mountain top. 3 champs, 1 normal. I tried to pull the normal guy first, and by himself. I got him to half when a champ Shadovar comes storming down the ramp for me! I have no idea how he aggroed onto me, but I had to deal with it. I took them back to where the temporary ethereal shrines are. I tried to use the walls for cover, ducking out long enough to shoot, then retreat. I had a few close moments still. The Symbol of Stunning hit me, and I had 2 Shadovars, 1 Champ, both decide to try a disintegrate. There was nothing I could do but pray to the dice gods. Thankfully, they smiled upon me and I lived. Once I got the non-champ down, it was much easier. Still only 1 bad roll away from disaster. I was able to get the last 2 champ Shadovar individually. Amskar was easy. He was on the far side of the glacier. He just threw weapons toward me while I ranged him to death. He eventually moved around and began casting, then teleported back to the far side. He died before he made it back to me again. :-)

Impressive work.
    Danskerne

Community Member

Group Completion

Pretty easy run, shadovar are somewhat annoying.

DDOcast Host
    Licensed House Cannith Refuse Disposal Unit Technician

Round 9 - pjstechie- Level 15 - shamgarjr - Lava Divers- Khyber

This challenge wasn't as difficult as it sounds. Lots of running and shooting took care of most of the quest. Once I moved outside I did fall through the glacier leading me to run to certain working areas to kite/kill.

I did run into a little trouble with a pack of Orc battle clerics in that they were healing each other faster than I could kill them. Archer's focus turned out to be the key to overcoming that hurdle.

The end fight was mostly a matter of finding the non respawning mobs that needed to die and pulling them with as few extra guys as possible. The shadovars were dangerous but ultimately turned out to be a non-issue. They did use disintegrate but i mostly dodged it and saved the rest. I was also able to get a lot of shots into the main boss before the final phase so when a mob of orcs came I was able to single him out and finish him off without dealing with the orcs...a nice bonus since I was already up to 2.75 hours...

And yes I totally cheeseballed the flight pillars.

Shamgar ~ Pjstechie ~ Melchizedek ~ Habakkuk ~ Josheb ~ Magoi ~ Kinnor ~ Eshek ~ Zakchaios ~ Jephthah ~ Bartimaios ~ Ehudh ~ Bezaleluri ~ Nebuchad ~ Lava Divers (Khyber) ~ Epic Education ~ Building Blocks ~ DDOCast ~ contact me

I may not have patience for this. After 2 hours, Amskar at 40%, 3/4 pillars down, game kicked me off and did not allow me to get back until the quest reset...

Maybe... maybe tomorrow. :-/
    Characters on Cannith: Daian of the Tree, completionist (life 20); Tirain Hawksong (4th life Monkcher), Sorain Hawksong (2nd life Wizard), several mules.
    Recruitment Officer and proud member of The Silver Legion on Cannith. Feel free to PM me about the guild!

Community Member

Just slapped a cheap repeater off the ah in and an int item into the starter gear and went for it, nice easy run but took awhile since I didn't do any real gearing.

Updated
    Danskerne

Default Round 9 - Dodoroq - Level 15 - Urqhuart - The Silver Legion - Cannith

Suffice to say my third time ever to the quest (fourth if I count the failed yesterdays attempt), and no, I didn't know what to do. Two detahs are falling while pink screen... luckily guildies knew and advised. Deathcount - spent about 40 minutes kiting the orks and killing the mages, then tried to kill the orcs. Another 30 minutes evading elementals and killing Shadar-Kai.

Round 9 is CLOSED.
    Danskerne

See the scoreboard in Excel format here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/nvs7zv6oig...oard.xlsx?dl=0

If you download the file you can sort by player, guild, server etc. This file will be updated at the end of each round.
    Danskerne

Community Member

Hey Mikar! You forgot Dodoroq's completion in the results and in the spreadsheet. Just thought you should know!

Quote Originally Posted by Kristii View Post
    Hey Mikar! You forgot Dodoroq's completion in the results and in the spreadsheet. Just thought you should know!
    Fixed, thanks
    Danskerne