Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    DDOcast Host
    Licensed House Cannith Refuse Disposal Unit Technician

Default DDOCast Summer Scavenger Hunt Extravaganza!

Presenting DDOCast’s Summer Scavenger Hunt Extravaganza! This summer participate in our scavenger hunt and you could walk away with fantastic prizes provided by Turbine & DDOCast Listeners. The goal is simple, earn points by taking pictures that satisfy a variety of tasks! Some tasks are simple - go into the DDO world and find select people or places. Other tasks involve completing a specific quest under set of condition. A few even require that you get help from the community! There are both individual competitions and a guild competition.

There are a couple of options for submitting entries. You can post pictures in this thread or you can email them to ddocast@gmail.com. This can be individually or in bunches. Each submission MUST be accompanied by 1) your forum name, 2) your primary character name and server, 3) your guild and 4) which task the photos are applying to. All submissions must be received before U27 is released to live servers.

Pro tips: 1) if you save the list in a word doc you can add photos into the word doc under their appropriate heading and send it as 1 or more files.
    2) if you give submissions before the deadline I will TRY to give notice of rejection of submissions. If you wait til the last minute you may not have an opportunity to resubmit
    Last edited by pjstechie; 06-16-2015 at 10:20 PM.
    Shamgar ~ Pjstechie ~ Melchizedek ~ Habakkuk ~ Josheb ~ Magoi ~ Kinnor ~ Eshek ~ Zakchaios ~ Jephthah ~ Bartimaios ~ Ehudh ~ Bezaleluri ~ Nebuchad ~ Lava Divers (Khyber) ~ Epic Education ~ Building Blocks ~ DDOCast ~ contact me

DDOcast Host

Here is the list of tasks to complete and their point values. Please note of the specific rules for each task. ALL pictures MUST include your character name (can be different than above), which task(s) the photo is for and, if in a quest, clearly identify the quest (landmarks may not be sufficient). If you have any questions please ask in this thread.

Exploring
    -An NPC in multiple locations - 1 point per location in town + 1 per quest, (Max 1 NPC)
    -Unique named (orange, red, purple) monsters of the same race - 1 point per named (max 1 “monster race”)
    ---You may use as many of the same race as you can find, but they must have an orange, red or purple name

---“monster race” is generally specific. A fire giant is a different race than a frost giant and a fire elemental is a different race than an earth elemental.
    ---subraces are generally considered the same race: a scrag is a troll and a chaos beholder is a beholder
    ---Dragons are special, it is dungeons and dragons after all, all dragons are considered the same race.
    ---rule of thumb: if it is more or less the same avatar, it is probably the same “monster race” (but not always)
    -Waterfalls - 1 point per pic
    ---Waterfalls are defined as being at least nearly vertical
    -Sitting on a Throne - 1 point per throne (max 1 throne per quest)
    ---If you find a throne you cannot sit on, instead kneel in front of it
    -Raid Boss outside a raid - 1 point per boss (max 1 per boss)
    ---Raid bosses are actual bosses of raids, not just a purple name
    -A Damsel in Distress - 2 points
    -An NPC named after a Turbine Employee - 3 points
    -A memorial to a real life person/event - 1 point per memorial
    -An aerial view of the marketplace - 2 points

Being sociable
    -A picture of soulstones- 1 point per soul stone (max 1 pic)
    -A picture of players in Dragon Armor - 1 point per color + 1 point per matching helm worn by the same player (max 1 pic)
    -A full 12 person party of all different class symbols - 3 points (max 1 party)
    ---bonus points: complete a level appropriate raid with such a party - 3 points (a raid the party would normally be eligible for a bravery streak - quest XP panel required showing quest level and highest player level)
    -A full 12 person party of all the same class symbol - 3 points (max 1 party)
    ---bonus points: complete a level appropriate raid with such a party - 3 points (a raid the party would normally be eligible for a bravery streak - quest XP panel required showing quest level and highest player level)
    -A Pool Party - 1 point per player (max 1 pic)
    -A Dance Party - 1 point per participant (max 1 pic)
    -Guild Photo - 2 points (max 1 pic)
    ---Whole guild present is not required. Guild social panel must be included to show a "good participation" of the guild
    -A character collecting 50,000 Guild renown - 3 points per 50,000
    ---must include a before and after picture each showing renown earned on that character
    ---both pictures MUST include “DDOCast Summer Scavenger Extravaganza” in a chat text box

Challenging Tasks (can be in a group or solo and on any life you happen to be on)

Speed Runs - 3 points per quest completed in the given time (any difficulty and any level) pictures must show completion times and a quest completion indicator. (max 1 per quest)
    -The Pit - 30 Minutes
    -Blockade Buster - 5 Minutes
    -Cursed Crypt - 30 Minutes
    -Shroud - 20 Minutes
    -Insane asylum - 7 minutes
    -Dont Drink the Water - 15 minutes
    -Temple of the Deathwyrm - 40 minutes

Complete the Following Quests with no more than 3 deaths. Pictures must show difficulty, highest character level, number of deaths & completion. You will need 2 pictures for this. 2 Point per completion if the highest level character is the same level as the quest (modified for difficulty) + 1 point per level lower. (Max 1 per quest)
    -Swiped Signet
    -Freshen the Air
    -Tear of Dhakaan
    ---2 bonus points - collect all tears
    -The Church and the Cult
    -Desert Caravan
    -Invaders
    -Heroic) Crucible
    -Enter the Kobold
    -Weapon Shipment
    -Dreaming Dark
    -In the Belly of the Beast
    -Haunted Halls of Eveningstar (extended)
    ---2 bonus points - kill the 3 optional bosses

Extra Curricular Participation
    -Dancing with a +Dev - 2 points per dev
    -The Test Dojo - 1 point
    -complete the new quests on lammania - 3 points per quest, 5 for the raid (max 1 per quest/raid)
    -Photo Bomb a Live stream - 1 point per stream (please include stream name and date)
    Last edited by pjstechie; 06-17-2015 at 11:03 PM.
    Shamgar ~ Pjstechie ~ Melchizedek ~ Habakkuk ~ Josheb ~ Magoi ~ Kinnor ~ Eshek ~ Zakchaios ~ Jephthah ~ Bartimaios ~ Ehudh ~ Bezaleluri ~ Nebuchad ~ Lava Divers (Khyber) ~ Epic Education ~ Building Blocks ~ DDOCast ~ contact me

DDOcast Host

Default Prizes!

What are the prizes? There are multiple prizes for varying levels of participation.

Grand Prize - 5000 TP* - Drawn randomly - 1 Entry per Person with at least 30 points

1st Place - 2500 TP* - the highest score + 2 random winners (1 entry per point)
    2nd Place - 1500 TP* - the 2nd highest score + 2 random winners (1 entry per point)

A player may only win 1 of the above prizes. These prizes will be drawn in descending order (ie the player with the highest score may win the grand prize in which case the 1st place prize would go to the next highest score)

And also door prizes. There are no limitations on what you can win here. Some of these prizes may be server specific. If you would like to add a (meaningful) prize to the door prizes please contact me and I would be happy to add more prizes!

Randomly drawn at 1 entry per person over 15 points
    -1 @ Otto’s Box
    -5 @ 500 TP codes*
    - 20 @ Cordovan's Bag of Swag**

Randomly drawn at 1 entry per point
    -1 @ Otto’s Box
    -5 @500 TP codes*
    -Anniversary Card Potions
    -Raid Bypass Timers
    -Jeweler Tool Kits

And that’s not all! The guilds with the highest average scores of its participants will also get a prize package! This score will be modified by +3 per participant! (minimum 3 participants)

Guild Prizes
    1st Place: 500 Astral Shards + Plat
    2nd Place: 140 Astral Shards + Plat
    3rd Place: 140 Astral Shards

*prizes donated by Turbine, thanks Turbine!

**Your Choice of:
    - Lousy Docent Event Item
    - Lousy Chainshirt - Lucky Hat
    - Winter Wolf Pup: (Bound to Character on Acquire)
    - Snowy Owlbear Creature Companion: (unbound certificate)
    - Merry Mini-Mimic
    Last edited by pjstechie; 06-17-2015 at 12:49 PM.

yay looks awesome!
    Day 1 Founder
    Main characters: Usually on Rhyes, Miniryse or Legolass
    I'm rich! filthy rich! /runs off to AH
    /cry! I'm poor! flat broke!

Lava Divers - Khyber

to much submitting for me....have fun e-mailing dozens of times( i figure a person who is most prolific at e mailing will win)

Dont let the otto's box land in/on your heads

Quote Originally Posted by Powskier View Post
    to much submitting for me....have fun e-mailing dozens of times( i figure a person who is most prolific at e mailing will win)

Dont let the otto's box land in/on your heads
    1 email if you attach the pics to a word doc. That's easy to do
    Day 1 Founder
    Main characters: Usually on Rhyes, Miniryse or Legolass
    I'm rich! filthy rich! /runs off to AH
    /cry! I'm poor! flat broke!

Lava Divers - Khyber

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

PM sent for point of order question.

Saal

Thanks for the quick reply Pj
    Last edited by Saaluta; 06-17-2015 at 12:18 PM.
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

Community Member

Nice work PJS.
    looks like fun.

thanks for organising.

Community Manager

Woot! Good luck on your event. (We've supplied the points codes, just to make sure everyone is aware. The other prizes come from DDOcast.)
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Ooo yeah!

I will give it a go , Thanks PJ

Definitely looks interesting and I'll participate as much as I can and I'll try to get the Crawlers into it as well!!

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Woot! Good luck on your event. (We've supplied the points codes, just to make sure everyone is aware. The other prizes come from DDOcast.)
    Thank you for the generosity, this event sounds like fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Ladywolf View Post
    1 email if you attach the pics to a word doc. That's easy to do
    ty ,but Ill pass... I do enjoy taking battle shots though...I won screeny of the week a few times

I wish all the satellites would just crash!..then we can go back to pen and paper..

Gonna be funny when 98% of the population has no real world skills.

This internet age is turning all society it touches into a bunch of know it all chair wielding big butz! (i only play online because I have a near mortal wound where my jaw connects,doctors just fumble around while I wait to freakin die...;I want to see mountains again ,Gandolf!)

Just dont email it when ya'll are driving the car in front of me.

Oh ,was I venting again; ya'll can move on and resume gaping at the freebies .

DDOcast Host

updated to clarify that for unique monsters you can use as many unique names of a single monster race as you can find. that can be any combination of orange, red and purple names (like 15 orange, 5 red and 1 purple) but each unique monster must be at least an orange name or better - no common monsters

also, raid bosses must be found outside all raids, including raids where they have a less than active participation
    Last edited by pjstechie; 06-17-2015 at 11:18 PM.

Can you post a submission then update later for more points? Like if I submit for a certain amount in one category then later do better can i submit again?

Also... is multiboxing allowed? Like I doubt person will get more chances since it tied to forum account, but if u had say 3 toons for the dance/pool challenge would it add to the total number of points you get? Cause so far we had 18 toons (3 were from one person. 2 from another, 1 from everyone else afaik).

And can you put in everyone for the entries? Like same screenies but have it count towards everyone involved?
    Last edited by Erofen; 06-18-2015 at 01:19 AM.
    Orien: ~Erofen (30 Assassin Rogue) ~Erofenlock (30 EB Warlock) ~Erofenmonk (30 Light Monk) ~Erofentrap (30 Roguerficer (1st TR/Legend Build ever)) ~Erofenbarb (30 Barb) ~Erofenbless (30 FvS Chest Blesser) ~Erofenthree (30 Bard Dualbox) ~Erofenten (26 Barb Triplebox)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'? Kex! Stop It! O.o

DDOcast Host

Quote Originally Posted by Erofen View Post
    Can you post a submission then update later for more points? Like if I submit for a certain amount in one category then later do better can i submit again?

Also... is multiboxing allowed? Like I doubt person will get more chances since it tied to forum account, but if u had say 3 toons for the dance/pool challenge would it add to the total number of points you get? Cause so far we had 18 toons (3 were from one person. 2 from another, 1 from everyone else afaik).

And can you put in everyone for the entries? Like same screenies but have it count towards everyone involved?
    Yes you can update a submission. If you are building up to a larger submission you can do it easily enough before hand too.

There are no rules against multiboxing since there isn't really a way for me to check it. also, I figure creating dummy accounts and toons is punishment enough considering how few places that is going to be much benefit.

Everyone needs to do their own submission, and one of the requirements is character name. Having said that, I'm fine with say 1 post of a picture crediting multiple players to ease my own bookkeeping, however that post would need to satisfy all the requirements and identify forum accounts linked to primary character, photographed character and guild etc.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by pjstechie View Post
    All submissions must be received before U27 is released to live servers.
    i guess i'm not getting this right..
    so the time was only 1 day to actually log in and get some screenshots?
    or do we have to submit already existing screenshots?

DDOcast Host

Quote Originally Posted by Lanadazia View Post
    i guess i'm not getting this right..
    so the time was only 1 day to actually log in and get some screenshots?
    or do we have to submit already existing screenshots?
    Today was update 26?

Quote Originally Posted by pjstechie View Post
    Yes you can update a submission. If you are building up to a larger submission you can do it easily enough before hand too.

There are no rules against multiboxing since there isn't really a way for me to check it. also, I figure creating dummy accounts and toons is punishment enough considering how few places that is going to be much benefit.

Everyone needs to do their own submission, and one of the requirements is character name. Having said that, I'm fine with say 1 post of a picture crediting multiple players to ease my own bookkeeping, however that post would need to satisfy all the requirements and identify forum accounts linked to primary character, photographed character and guild etc.
    Cool.

Was more already existing ones people had. My server has a bunch of multiboxers.

Yes I had in my document a list with everyone's info that I could get.
    Orien: ~Erofen (30 Assassin Rogue) ~Erofenlock (30 EB Warlock) ~Erofenmonk (30 Light Monk) ~Erofentrap (30 Roguerficer (1st TR/Legend Build ever)) ~Erofenbarb (30 Barb) ~Erofenbless (30 FvS Chest Blesser) ~Erofenthree (30 Bard Dualbox) ~Erofenten (26 Barb Triplebox)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'? Kex! Stop It! O.o

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast