Community Member

Default Shroudy - a lil flash time waster

hey there !
    i did that shroud puzzle time waster and i wanted to know if it is at all solvable... or does the grid need be a square ?
    http://cyprine2013.deviantart.com/art/Shroudy-539773273

edit:
    here is a solvable 5x5
    http://cyprine2013.deviantart.com/ar...y5x5-539801831
    Last edited by Cyprine; 06-15-2015 at 08:47 AM.

lights out puzzle
    no
    no
    Elemo IronCast - Patorikku Yama - Happyfruit Wardancer - Toysoldier - Wookiee ~Ghallanda~

The first 5x5 I got was solvable, however, the instant I solved it it reset itself and covered the entire image with pink squares again.

Alas, because your initial state is completely random, there will be unsolvable version appearing. I quickly did the 5x5 6 times back to back, and of those 6, 5 were solvable, 1 was not. 4x6 I can't comment on as I did it once and got it down to 1, but am not familiar enough with 4x6 lights out to get beyond that. (and no, it doesn't have to be square. Monastery of the Scorpion uses a 4x5 lights out grid, for example... however, most grids I've seen are squares or very close to squares... and that one sort of a circle from the shroud as well)

Other than the risk of unsolvable initial states due to it being completely random each time, the inability to stay on the unveiled image for any amount of time after solving one that happens to be solvable would be my main criticisms.

Also, grats on your "lil flash time waster" successfully wasting a few minutes of my time XD
    Last edited by vryxnr; 06-17-2015 at 04:19 AM.

Community Member

thx 4 yr feed back vryxnr.

there *is* a routine to let you contemplate your win (and restart on click) but i guess i bugged it ^^
    looking for solvability, i stumbled on a few articles where the coder ensures the puzzle config is solvable before throwing it to the player - alas i dont know the algorithm to check for solvability. *glace towards the devs - please ?*

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprine View Post
    thx 4 yr feed back vryxnr.

there *is* a routine to let you contemplate your win (and restart on click) but i guess i bugged it ^^
    looking for solvability, i stumbled on a few articles where the coder ensures the puzzle config is solvable before throwing it to the player - alas i dont know the algorithm to check for solvability. *glace towards the devs - please ?*
    start with solved - then click a few squares randomly.