Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default Players get stronger and stronger, monsters don't change, game too easy

Hi, last time I've played was year and half ago, and things Ive noticed was increased player powers and gear/buffs. Generally players got stronger, while all monsters remained the same, with result of much easier game than it used to be.

My post is to ask if anything changed ? How is the game now ? Did players get stronger again ? Did the monsters got harder or they are still like years ago ?

Pretty much the same, tho red alert in temple is quite tough, solo ee citw is kinda tough (but tbh easy now due to power of barb and palie), fot, lob, ma solo can be quite interesting, but you are never in red alert status, prr and mrr carries you nowadays to victory or kiting.

Honestly, players are way stronger then monsters, started with dreadnought being to strong, shiradi to easy to play, and all got out of control once they added mrr/prr and mortal fear weaponry, didnt help to add ranged and melle power either which further beefed up players.

Compared to most mmos, ddo is easycore as it can get.
    I remember the days in wow where it took best guild /among the at least 30 times bigger player base/ to beat some raids 5-6 months on hardest difficutly.
    In ddo it takes us on lama a week, and on live few hours since the raid goes live.
    Old days like cracking heroic abbot, shroud, titans, etc etc wont be ever back in this game because our community lost most of its hardcore players due to boredom and devs need to satisfy the most common players they have, aka the casuals.
    So pretty much there isnt alot to do for hardcores, outside of cry on forums that the game is to easy.

I personally noticed the huge player skill gap in this game from mikkardos challenges, none so far was really challenging and my buddy is finishing all, and i can do it myself but missed first 2 weeks due to work, so dont want to post stuff since i cant win major prize, yet most of the community is not capable of finishing those simple tasks. Provides you a simple projection how people play this game casually and arent capable of playing it on a higher level, even tho game gives you way to many tools and actually forces those tools uppon your build that make the game to hard

(was a bit of over the place rant, but put shortly, no monsters power does not increase like players power did, not even remotely close)
    Last edited by Blackheartox; 06-06-2015 at 05:57 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Unangwata View Post
    Hi, last time I've played was year and half ago, and things Ive noticed was increased player powers and gear/buffs. Generally players got stronger, while all monsters remained the same, with result of much easier game than it used to be.

My post is to ask if anything changed ? How is the game now ? Did players get stronger again ? Did the monsters got harder or they are still like years ago ?
    Yes, monsters got stronger with the introduction of "Monsters champion". When you run on hard or elite difficulty, there is a chance that monsters will receive unique buffs. Some are really aggressive to the point where they can easily 1 or 2 shot you. Also, they increased monsters save against magical attacks by +6 on elite. Those are the major buffs. So, not only players are getting stronger and stronger, but the game is getting harder and extremely difficult at lv28. By that, I'm talking about the newest update ToEE, that quest is very difficult on EE.
    Last edited by Angelic-council; 06-06-2015 at 06:14 AM.

Yes, the game is too easy now.

Putting mobs that might have a chance to one shot you doesn't make it more difficult, it just makes it silly. Although I haven't encountered that - lots of players report it - it would mean you'd go from wiping out everything at run speed to suddenly being dead and combing through the combat log to understand why.

I guess it's good if you just really like fast leveling and like watching your stats increase.

new content that is released matches current character power, though TOEE was said to be intentionally designed tougher on hard and elite. old content doesn't change and think it should be updated too, but it would be a big project I would think. Champions were introduced to add a little variety to the game, but there is mixed emotions on that subject. one by one, classes are being updated providing more reason to go pure while still making mixed just as viable, though paladin and barb is used as a benchmark by players and it seems the devs. that's another touchy subject. depending on your skill level, character power investment and all the in betweens would depend on how you perceive how easy the game is. some will disagree that the game is easier, some will say its just right and some will say its still hard. if you look at what the masses are doing objectively overall with how they play and build characters, you can tell how many players currently perceive the game.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

For certain builds, yes, game is not so challenging. Other builds, EE is still a challenge, especially solo.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Saelegion (4), Alitirala (4), Naerfelka (21)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic-council View Post
    Yes, monsters got stronger with the introduction of "Monsters champion". When you run on hard or elite difficulty, there is a chance that monsters will receive unique buffs. Some are really aggressive to the point where they can easily 1 or 2 shot you. Also, they increased monsters save against magical attacks by +6 on elite. Those are the major buffs. So, not only players are getting stronger and stronger, but the game is getting harder and extremely difficult at lv28. By that, I'm talking about the newest update ToEE, that quest is very difficult on EE.
    One quest is not the game getting harder. I want to see what happens when we get level 30. If the game adds hard quests then I will believe it. Right now its one quest with one hard end fight. The monsters have not kept up with player power over the years.

Default If you want a challenge

Try running all your characters as first life, do not share gear and play permadeath rules, no ship buffs and such, all quest at level. I think this would change the ease.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by laurawilder View Post
    Try running all your characters as first life, do not share gear and play permadeath rules, no ship buffs and such, all quest at level. I think this would change the ease.
    Yes that would all work, its sad though that we have to invent rules and limit ourselves to find a challenge in this game.

Go permadeath
    Start cross server trading and profit!
    Characters: Grandern Marn / Yazmirr Grezztl / Vexir Bristleblade / Zappinaizah Subatrumpf Server: Orien Guild: Faca na Caveira
    New to the Orien server? Type "/joinchannel Titan" into the chat window and join some lively DDO discussion! Happy to help out with any questions.

Bounty Hunter

There is challenging content but few people run it. MOD EE is definitely difficult, but it's hard to find more than 2-3 people willing and able to run it. EE Deathwyrm is easier than it once was, but the end part is still very challenging.

I've run many PUG EE Orchard runs and it's not easy content for the average person. TOEE EE - parts are easier than I would expect and other parts are really challenging for the average person.

For the top 1% MOD EE is probably still challenging, but I suspect if you get 12 of those folks in a MOD EE run it wouldn't be too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by laurawilder View Post
    Not really, from mikkards challenge you can see if you tried it or have someone who does it, how actually easy ddo is now at undersuperunderlevel elites.
    Prr and mrr and recent buffs are to much

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic-council View Post
    TEmple is not hard, not even remotely hard if you play a palie or barb, bard or rogue, you can stemroll that quest and it is so easy on solo once you figure out how to handle her special attack.

The saves thing as i figured out from sevs posts, always existed in ddo, but we the player base never knew that, it was with last patch added to the game to be shown to us.

As said, it always existed, we just never knew it, that is why we raged like lunatics when this was made public

Bounty Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheartox View Post
    Not really, from mikkards challenge you can see if you tried it or have someone who does it, how actually easy ddo is now at undersuperunderlevel elites.
    The stuff being run has been easy for a very long time. I'll be curious to see what quests he chooses at higher levels.

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    The stuff being run has been easy for a very long time. I'll be curious to see what quests he chooses at higher levels.
    Making plans and suggestion to friend for terminal was actually fun, hel do it in a day or 2, with all we figured out i dont expect that quest to be a challenge.
    But that one adq2 and deamons den are so far only ones where we had to brainstorm couple ideas.

His challenges actually proven a very good point to me.
    People who are good at ddo, wont even have a challenge with permadeath.
    Only way to create challeng in ddo is to utterly gimp yourself with a utterly useless builds that has apsolutely no synergy with anything and play underleveld elites on that abomination.
    Like a int based druid fsoul wizzard playing only in bear form and using int to damage stuff that doesnt work in animal form while being in heavy armor without proficiency and going to human form only when you want to play with darts since you have only ranged feats.

That is the best bet i have for good players to find a challenge in ddo, and i bet that even that will somehow roll over most content and some epic elites
    Last edited by Blackheartox; 06-06-2015 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheartox View Post
    Mikkardo's challenges are not EE--they are heroic--the people beating them 1) know the quests by heart and 2) use every imaginable buff to boost themselves like legacy cargo hold ship buffs. In epic elites, the latter would have far less an impact.

I only did the first challenge and couldn't go much beyond it due to RL demands on my time.

Permadeath folks are far more poorly equipped and buffed than the one's doing the mikkardo challenges. The level of the character has some impact, but not as much as the gear etc.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Saelegion (4), Alitirala (4), Naerfelka (21)

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    Mikkardo's challenges are not EE--they are heroic--the people beating them 1) know the quests by heart and 2) use every imaginable buff to boost themselves like legacy cargo hold ship buffs. In epic elites, the latter would have far less an impact.

I only did the first challenge and couldn't go much beyond it due to RL demands on my time.

Permadeath folks are far more poorly equipped and buffed than the one's doing the mikkardo challenges. The level of the character has some impact, but not as much as the gear etc.
    Perma death people play in groups, you can easily play 5 xbow users and dominate in most content.
    If mikkardos challenge consisted of epic elites, trust me on this, we the player base would complete any he would advise on first lifers and underleveled without much issues, i know for fact how easy ddo is on "moderately optimized builds" from playing around on alt as a bard/now palie and soon rogue again after several fighter/wizzard/fsoul lifes that were less then optimal.
    I am not doing it for the sake of powergaming with the strong clases now, but simply because i need those past lifes /:
    Palie for example took me 10 days to get from 15-20, it might be super strong, but the ammount of boredom i feel when being overperforming cant be described
    Last edited by Blackheartox; 06-06-2015 at 10:56 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    For certain builds, yes, game is not so challenging. Other builds, EE is still a challenge, especially solo.
    When I was knocking out PLs for completionist and getting a melee 3 barb (before the godmode pass), 3 monk, etc . . . I ran an awful lot of pretty terrible build like uncentered toons with a Monk icon and other garbage builds like that.

When running an awful build like that and a good ED like LD, EE felt about right.

When running a strong class like barb in a weak ED EE also feels about right.

Running a strong class in a strong ED is where MOST content gets too easy, still not going to say all because stuff still requires you to engage your brain.
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

Community Member

Most any game is 'too easy' when you min/max. 'Challenge' and 'Optimization' are competing goals.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kilpanic View Post
    Most any game is 'too easy' when you min/max. 'Challenge' and 'Optimization' are competing goals.
    This game is easy without min/max though.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast