Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Update 26 Preview: Warlock's Legacy!

Here is the archive video from today's preview of the Warlock on Twitch! NOTE: This preview was recorded from Lamannia, and further development work remains.

Enjoy!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

so.. it was expect for warlock to have heal, spellcraft and ferform... and we are expect to master every aspect of spell power and spell lore, if we do want to occasionally use Eb essence to deal with enemy that are immune to force damage.

Next warlock's normal attack use evocation dc.. so our normal damage is dc casting that require no sp..............On top of that to land attack we need relatively high evocation dc... and to cc we need conjuration, enchantment dc...

a copy and paste class..and you expect similar price to iconic/druid???

GJ turbine.. you done it again.

p.s. the best part is when that dev talking about aspect of warlock been excel in summoning not been translate to strong pet, but rather strong pet buff.. while they have no pet what so ever. and hireling are not allowed in raid?? Gj trubine really.. sometime i really like to know where you find those genius dev.. oh right.. and create thrall, sound interesting right? 10 + warlock level + cha mod. you will likely want 70+ dc for EE. which means you will need 40 charisma mod or 90 charisma score. And your thrall do not follow you around, it stay at the same spot after the fight if over...

edit: it seem you went through all these just to make sure warlock fit for multiclass. and a dev actually talking about bard/warlock splash. To begin with, first if you splash you will have low base EB damage, even if you have more spell power/cri you will not make up the lost damage. And if you splash warlock with melee class they will not have the dc for full damage, and they will not likely have maximize/empower and tons of spell power. GJ turbine you really knows how to turn people down. btw.. now i know why you name it "warlock's Legacy"... warlock are all extinct so a MM caster decide to fake it..
    Last edited by decease; 06-04-2015 at 12:01 AM.
    I hate how thing were mistranslated in this game.. but this is also the only one...

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Thanks devs for taking the time to get in front of the camera and do this.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by decease View Post
    so.. it was expect for warlock to have heal, spellcraft and ferform... and we are expect to master every aspect of spell power and spell lore, if we do want to occasionally use Eb essence to deal with enemy that are immune to force damage.

Next warlock's normal attack use evocation dc.. so our normal damage is dc casting that require no sp..............On top of that to land attack we need relatively high evocation dc... and to cc we need conjuration, enchantment dc...

a copy and paste class..and you expect similar price to iconic/druid???

GJ turbine.. you done it again.

p.s. the best part is when that dev talking about aspect of warlock been excel in summoning not been translate to strong pet, but rather strong pet buff.. while they have no pet what so ever. and hireling are not allowed in raid?? Gj trubine really.. sometime i really like to know where you find those genius dev.. oh right.. and create thrall, sound interesting right? 10 + warlock level + cha mod. you will likely want 70+ dc for EE. which means you will need 40 charisma mod or 90 charisma score. And your thrall do not follow you around, it stay at the same spot after the fight if over...

edit: it seem you went through all these just to make sure warlock fit for multiclass. and a dev actually talking about bard/warlock splash. To begin with, first if you splash you will have low base EB damage, even if you have more spell power/cri you will not make up the lost damage. And if you splash warlock with melee class they will not have the dc for full damage, and they will not likely have maximize/empower and tons of spell power. GJ turbine you really knows how to turn people down. btw.. now i know why you name it "warlock's Legacy"... warlock are all extinct so a MM caster decide to fake it..
    Normal eldritch blast damage has no save, the evocation DC is for the pact damage, So you'll always be doing the 10d6 or so (ways to imrpove it in the trees) + spellpower, and that has no save. The pact damage (I believe is 1d4's, not sure how high it can get) can be saved And its save type (fort, reflex, will) is based on the pact (Fey = reflex, etc) And they both give the player better saves of that type and the pact damage is saved by that type. thus as they said fey's pact damage (NOT the base eldritch blast) can be evaded.

Never tried to make a summoner, with the AI of summons seemed kinda pointless, however, im sure it can help solo'ing alot if you got decent hirelings, or possible multiclass as a wizard (not sure how viable, but i can see it getting to be stronger especiall since the pm's focus on offense while warlocks on defense), but hey maybe they'll introduce a hireling who equals the level in which you summon it, or more permament gold seals at lower levels similiar to the panther and owlbear. or maybe they'd be smart and try and cash in on the warlock by making one that changes its type based on the pact, and thus gain other advantages (and have a normal version for everyone else) that way.

as for the DC, enchantment bonuses would increase that, thus it it should be a full 11DC above any other spell (DC 10+spell level(9)+mod), as for how it works, .. if it really does stay there hten I'd submit a bug report. By the name thrall I'd guess its supposed to work as a dominate. which are supposed to follow you around until they make their saves.

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    Thanks devs for taking the time to get in front of the camera and do this.
    Your welcome!

A support-oriented Enlightened Spirit with the Fey Pact may desire maxing three skills, yes.

I don't know why you'd want every aspect of spell power or spell lore. If you want to switch damage types that would increase it to ... +1 more.

Base damage has no save. You could ignore Evocation if you want and still most of your Eldritch Blast deal damage 100% of the time. Probably a bad idea, though. Like most classes, you would like to be great at everything and obviously you can't actually do that. Yep, it's like D&D: You have to pick what you want to be good at.

p.s. the best part is when that dev talking about aspect of warlock been excel in summoning not been translate to strong pet, but rather strong pet buff.. while they have no pet what so ever.
    They have a large amount of Summon spells like many caster classes, and some players have already said they've had success with pets while testing their Warlocks. I'm sorry your build wasn't as successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    A support-oriented Enlightened Spirit with the Fey Pact may desire maxing three skills, yes.
    a support-oriented enlightened spirit for what? as if we currently can't solo most of the content, as if those content that demand grouping do not also require player to be separate. serious no one will want a support warlock that stand in melee range, it will only make things harder for the healer.
    (plus paladin aura is way more useful and powerful. PRR/MRR can be find from many source and those tiny buff you give will not make any difference)

To be tanky you need health, ac, save and prr/mrr. warlock only have prr/mrr... to be useful you either need powerful buff(bard song), decent cc ability(high dc) or okish damage.. and warlock have none of these.. their dc are naturally lower then wizard and sorc(hard to build dc), their sp pool is small(can't cast as much), their buff not very strong(nothing new, plus everyone get decent prr/mrr). And they aura force them to melee while they have no melee ability at all!

Also it have nothing to do with support build or es, as long as you want to use essence.. as long as you don't want your attack to heal your enemy you will at least need 2 out of three. meaning every warlock that ever want to do any damage with eb must have heal and spell craft, and for anyone who take fey perform is also a must.

p.s. also make eb relay on all three type of skill for spell power is just stupid and not good for character build. warlock aren't exactly known for their intelligence and master every skill.

I don't know why you'd want every aspect of spell power or spell lore. If you want to switch damage types that would increase it to ... +1 more.
    Ok normal EB is force damage which use Kinetic Lore..
    Now we have pact, so we also need Sonic lore/Acid Lore/Fire Lore
    then we have light damage/evil blast- we need Radiance Lore

Then if we plan to heal a little bit we also need healing lore..

sure you don't need them, but if you don't have all you will not be doing enough damage with you use essence. and essence is all about helping you penetrate immunity and dr, yet you may actually doing less damage with an essence that ignore the dr.

Base damage has no save. You could ignore Evocation if you want and still most of your Eldritch Blast deal damage 100% of the time. Probably a bad idea, though. Like most classes, you would like to be great at everything and obviously you can't actually do that. Yep, it's like D&D: You have to pick what you want to be good at.
    true base damage have no save. Eb damage separate into two part 10d6 EB damage and 10d4 pact damage. now you are telling me it is ok to give up half of you damage? or are you suggesting that 9d6 damage is consider as "decent" dps for normal player?? because you should know that for people who haven't grind out pl and destiny, Dc casting next to impossible. (

you should know by now how much general public hate dc casting, plus EB damage is already random enough~~ melee damage are like 2(1d8)+40.. the majority of the melee damage came from stats mod. While EB is all variable. 9d6 means it can do anywhere from 9 damage to 54 damage.

They have a large amount of Summon spells like many caster classes, and some players have already said they've had success with pets while testing their Warlocks. I'm sorry your build wasn't as successful.
    yea create undead and summon monster. You ever tried though? you ever finding those useful even in heroic content? how will give them a little buff help them at all? they are stupid and weak.. they do not do damage and don't usually generate any agro. and you can only have one at a time. these buff will merely help them survive one extra hit, which is meaningless compare to the huge investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Violith View Post
    Normal eldritch blast damage has no save, the evocation DC is for the pact damage, So you'll always be doing the 10d6 or so (ways to imrpove it in the trees) + spellpower, and that has no save. The pact damage (I believe is 1d4's, not sure how high it can get) can be saved And its save type (fort, reflex, will) is based on the pact (Fey = reflex, etc) And they both give the player better saves of that type and the pact damage is saved by that type. thus as they said fey's pact damage (NOT the base eldritch blast) can be evaded.
    9d6(TS provide 4d4 + 1d6. ES provide 3d6 light). Pact provide 10d4

Really this pact is a bag idea! 10d4 is a huge chunk of our dps and it cannot bypass immunity/dr.. and it have a save.. and it require different set of spellpower/spell lore...

Also Fey = useless. enemy with Improved evasion will save 50% damage no matter what..

p.s. you test this on lam you will know that pact damage is almost 40% of your total output. pact damage itself it useless against many enemy(depend on which on you choose.) especially fiend pact which many enemy are immune, and fey pact which all enemy with improved evasion take 50% damage even if they fail the save.

Never tried to make a summoner, with the AI of summons seemed kinda pointless, however, im sure it can help solo'ing alot if you got decent hirelings, or possible multiclass as a wizard (not sure how viable, but i can see it getting to be stronger especiall since the pm's focus on offense while warlocks on defense), but hey maybe they'll introduce a hireling who equals the level in which you summon it, or more permament gold seals at lower levels similiar to the panther and owlbear. or maybe they'd be smart and try and cash in on the warlock by making one that changes its type based on the pact, and thus gain other advantages (and have a normal version for everyone else) that way.
    a strong hireling is not the answer, they are putting pet buff on es tree all through T3 to T5. you invest tons of skill point on there... just to use a hireling? really if they want to make warlock pet orient make a little perm pet.. but no they said they don't want to waste the time.. sigh..

p.s. stop dreaming about leveling hireling..we demand that many years ago since first expansion. turbine is very lazy.. they are selling owlbear for 40 dollars (cash only), and they wouldn't even bother fixing them. i guess turbine don't need our cash..

as for the DC, enchantment bonuses would increase that, thus it it should be a full 11DC above any other spell (DC 10+spell level(9)+mod), as for how it works, .. if it really does stay there hten I'd submit a bug report. By the name thrall I'd guess its supposed to work as a dominate. which are supposed to follow you around until they make their saves.
    you need evocation by default for your EB. you will likely want enchantment and necromancy..

Then you need kinetic lore, sonic/fire/acid spell power and lore... if you use blast essence you need alignment spellpower/lore..

can you really fit all these on one character? not to mentioned that you need perform, heal and spellcraft to do well on your EB....also if you run es aura they expect you to have full melee gear.. and you must maintain these casting equipment because other wise your aura will do no damage.
    I hate how thing were mistranslated in this game.. but this is also the only one...

Community Member

Varg, to be fair those people probably run heroic casual dungeons. If you run epic elite every summon dies in one hit. All the displacement and other buffs are doing is keeping them alive for 2 hits.

I would love summons to be useful, especially with this warlock tree. I used to play NWN2 and watching ammon jerro summon those awesome demons was cool. Unfortunately summons are not very useful in this game. For these buffs to be useful summons have to be majorly buffed.

{snipped}
    ...now i know why you name it "warlock's Legacy"... warlock are all extinct so a MM caster decide to fake it..
    I'm guessing that Warlocks aren't for you, then.

Your main complaint seems to be that Warlocks have too many areas they need to be good at, and not enough resources to be good at all of them. So? Specialize already. Build up your DC's for a couple of areas, and don't worry about everything else. Let someone else play the support-oriented Warlock with buffed summonses.

For what it's worth, pretty much every class has this problem.

Paladins and Monks have Multiple Attribute Dependency.
    Arcane casters struggle with heavy armor, and don't have evasion.
    Divine casters have a hard time getting the DCs needed to land instakills, and can't put out the DPS needed to nuke things.
    Fighters and (historically) Barbarians have a hard time self-healing and need support from Clerics.
    Rogues need to slow down in order to be effective, and most parties just zerg through the dungeons.
    Arti's need ranged feats and metamagics, and still struggle to be useful in epic levels.

Most all of these things can be overcome, or at least mitigated, with a good build, proper gear, lots of TR's, and tomes. That is, if you invest enough effort. It sounds like you don't want to do that, which is of course fine. I can't tell you how many melee toons I've rolled, only to delete them in disgust by level 12. I'm told they pretty much rule epics right now, but I can't make the effort to get one to a playable state. I'll stick with casters and ranged toons, thanks. Warlocks look pretty cool from my perspective. If you don't think they'll be fun, play something else.

I'm at a loss for words
    Dorian

a support-oriented enlightened spirit for what? as if we currently can't solo most of the content, as if those content that demand grouping do not also require player to be separate. serious no one will want a support warlock that stand in melee range, it will only make things harder for the healer.
    (plus paladin aura is way more useful and powerful. PRR/MRR can be find from many source and those tiny buff you give will not make any difference)

To be tanky you need health, ac, save and prr/mrr. warlock only have prr/mrr... to be useful you either need powerful buff(bard song), decent cc ability(high dc) or okish damage.. and warlock have none of these.. their dc are naturally lower then wizard and sorc(hard to build dc), their sp pool is small(can't cast as much), their buff not very strong(nothing new, plus everyone get decent prr/mrr). And they aura force them to melee while they have no melee ability at all!

Also it have nothing to do with support build or es, as long as you want to use essence.. as long as you don't want your attack to heal your enemy you will at least need 2 out of three. meaning every warlock that ever want to do any damage with eb must have heal and spell craft, and for anyone who take fey perform is also a must.

p.s. also make eb relay on all three type of skill for spell power is just stupid and not good for character build. warlock aren't exactly known for their intelligence and master every skill.

Ok normal EB is force damage which use Kinetic Lore..
    Now we have pact, so we also need Sonic lore/Acid Lore/Fire Lore
    then we have light damage/evil blast- we need Radiance Lore

Then if we plan to heal a little bit we also need healing lore..

sure you don't need them, but if you don't have all you will not be doing enough damage with you use essence. and essence is all about helping you penetrate immunity and dr, yet you may actually doing less damage with an essence that ignore the dr.

true base damage have no save. Eb damage separate into two part 10d6 EB damage and 10d4 pact damage. now you are telling me it is ok to give up half of you damage? or are you suggesting that 9d6 damage is consider as "decent" dps for normal player?? because you should know that for people who haven't grind out pl and destiny, Dc casting next to impossible. (

you should know by now how much general public hate dc casting, plus EB damage is already random enough~~ melee damage are like 2(1d8)+40.. the majority of the melee damage came from stats mod. While EB is all variable. 9d6 means it can do anywhere from 9 damage to 54 damage.

yea create undead and summon monster. You ever tried though? you ever finding those useful even in heroic content? how will give them a little buff help them at all? they are stupid and weak.. they do not do damage and don't usually generate any agro. and you can only have one at a time. these buff will merely help them survive one extra hit, which is meaningless compare to the huge investment.

9d6(TS provide 4d4 + 1d6. ES provide 3d6 light). Pact provide 10d4

Really this pact is a bag idea! 10d4 is a huge chunk of our dps and it cannot bypass immunity/dr.. and it have a save.. and it require different set of spellpower/spell lore...

Also Fey = useless. enemy with Improved evasion will save 50% damage no matter what..

p.s. you test this on lam you will know that pact damage is almost 40% of your total output. pact damage itself it useless against many enemy(depend on which on you choose.) especially fiend pact which many enemy are immune, and fey pact which all enemy with improved evasion take 50% damage even if they fail the save.

a strong hireling is not the answer, they are putting pet buff on es tree all through T3 to T5. you invest tons of skill point on there... just to use a hireling? really if they want to make warlock pet orient make a little perm pet.. but no they said they don't want to waste the time.. sigh..

p.s. stop dreaming about leveling hireling..we demand that many years ago since first expansion. turbine is very lazy.. they are selling owlbear for 40 dollars (cash only), and they wouldn't even bother fixing them. i guess turbine don't need our cash..

you need evocation by default for your EB. you will likely want enchantment and necromancy..

Then you need kinetic lore, sonic/fire/acid spell power and lore... if you use blast essence you need alignment spellpower/lore..

can you really fit all these on one character? not to mentioned that you need perform, heal and spellcraft to do well on your EB....also if you run es aura they expect you to have full melee gear.. and you must maintain these casting equipment because other wise your aura will do no damage.
    confrontational tone... but you do bring up some valid points.

I hope we see I Dev response to your post.
    Dorian

Quote Originally Posted by PolarisNC View Post
    I'm guessing that Warlocks aren't for you, then.

Your main complaint seems to be that Warlocks have too many areas they need to be good at, and not enough resources to be good at all of them. So? Specialize already. Build up your DC's for a couple of areas, and don't worry about everything else. Let someone else play the support-oriented Warlock with buffed summonses.

For what it's worth, pretty much every class has this problem.

Paladins and Monks have Multiple Attribute Dependency.
    Arcane casters struggle with heavy armor, and don't have evasion.
    Divine casters have a hard time getting the DCs needed to land instakills, and can't put out the DPS needed to nuke things.
    Fighters and (historically) Barbarians have a hard time self-healing and need support from Clerics.
    Rogues need to slow down in order to be effective, and most parties just zerg through the dungeons.
    Arti's need ranged feats and metamagics, and still struggle to be useful in epic levels.

Most all of these things can be overcome, or at least mitigated, with a good build, proper gear, lots of TR's, and tomes. That is, if you invest enough effort. It sounds like you don't want to do that, which is of course fine. I can't tell you how many melee toons I've rolled, only to delete them in disgust by level 12. I'm told they pretty much rule epics right now, but I can't make the effort to get one to a playable state. I'll stick with casters and ranged toons, thanks. Warlocks look pretty cool from my perspective. If you don't think they'll be fun, play something else.

it is not about too many area they need to be good at.. it is making warlock not viable for anyone.

Think about it.. how do you felt like fitting 4~6 piece of spell lore/power equipment to your build? warlock only get 2+int mod skill point.. do you really have the skill point to spend on all three area plus concentration and some other things you might want???

plus it make things totally not viable for multiclass. if you multiclass your eb will have lower base damage, yet you still need all these spell lore/power and evocation dc to do damage. dose that sound viable for you??

p.s. this have nothing to do with grinding past life or buying stats tome. this is about making you a warehouse of spell power/lore equipment literally. and you have no choice of which skill to get, since you will always want all...

edit: warlock and druid are my favorite dnd class.. yet both been done wrong.. druid is mostly buggy and broken, but the concept is still around there.. this warlock...the only thing in common with the dnd class is the name... Eb should be range touch not spell, it should not penetrate spell resistance unless you are running acid blast essence..........

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    confrontational tone... but you do bring up some valid points.

I hope we see I Dev response to your post.
    i hope too.. i hope is not all too late..........
    Last edited by decease; 06-04-2015 at 03:02 PM.

Community Member

I really enjoyed this video, thank you so much for doing this!. Developers should be respected

Now.. I personally don't want turbine to be fooled by other people.. Let's be honest, turbine did a fantastic job balancing "perform" and "spellcraft", since they would have high charisma, they would get high perform already, just like how they get spellcraft (INT).

It's good that packs are based on evocation, giving warlocks hard time deciding whether should he go pure dps or half cc/dps. It's good! (You only losing 10% sonic power, which will be covered by the high charisma stat).

Now... Lets face the real problem here. Developers have to understand what's going on in real action situation. Again, I don't know who said that they have a good success with summoning, but the chances of you seeing any summoner in DDO are... 1 in 200. They are nearly useless since they are very slow and simply can not keep up with you. It's not about having many past lifes or getting more feats, choosing the right destiny. Problem is that, you can only have 1 summon at a time that has low CR. I mean.. you can keep that buff for those people, But.. oh well.

Some people also wanted death spells to be removed. If you listen to everything what others said without any actual research... then warlocks would be gimp. They will be running around with low damage eldritch blast, no instant kill, with 1 summon that will die on few hits and barely can even kill a single monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic-council View Post
    Some people also wanted death spells to be removed. If you listen to everything what others said without any actual research... then warlocks would be gimp. They will be running around with low damage eldritch blast, no instant kill, with 1 summon that will die on few hits and barely can even kill a single monster.
    this is indeed very true, though if you think about it. in pnp warlock do not have these, in fact warlock was suppose to cast invocation instead of standard arcane spell. but turbine decide it was too troublesome and time consuming to actually make the class, so they borrow ability from other class and put them together and name it "warlock"

The thing is, sure we can toss everything onto him, and he will be a jack of all trade but good at none, or we can drop those not so lore friendly ability and focus on one thing and make it right.

Regardless how many death spell they give to warlock they will not achieve the dc of palemaster.. even sorc have higher potential death spell dc then warlock. they only have 6 spell level here after all. on top of that warlock have the smallest sp pool amongst all caster. you only get 525 sp at level 20... So would you like a moderate dc death spell that you can't use very often, or would you have a more powerful EB which actually does some damage?

wow so they can go to -2244 hit points....neat im in

Community Member

Yep, it's like D&D: You have to pick what you want to be good at.
    It used to be more like this - now Paladins/Barbarians, and to a lesser degree, Swashbucklers, seem to be good at a lot, without having to do much sacrificing.
    Server: Thelanis
    Guild: Fallen Immortals
    Toons: Soza, Sozz, Sozza, Sossa (bards)

Community Member

this is indeed very true, though if you think about it. in pnp warlock do not have these, in fact warlock was suppose to cast invocation instead of standard arcane spell. but turbine decide it was too troublesome and time consuming to actually make the class, so they borrow ability from other class and put them together and name it "warlock"

The thing is, sure we can toss everything onto him, and he will be a jack of all trade but good at none, or we can drop those not so lore friendly ability and focus on one thing and make it right.

Regardless how many death spell they give to warlock they will not achieve the dc of palemaster.. even sorc have higher potential death spell dc then warlock. they only have 6 spell level here after all. on top of that warlock have the smallest sp pool amongst all caster. you only get 525 sp at level 20... So would you like a moderate dc death spell that you can't use very often, or would you have a more powerful EB which actually does some damage?
    I agree with you decease. I would love to have a powerful EB.

Now, please let me go throught this and explain you something very important in terms of the death spells. But first, please keep this in mind that warlocks have extremely limited SP. They have fewer arcane spells and standard feat selection (not like wizards with 5 additional feats). And it's good! Because in everything there is a balance right? Ok, now.. Warlocks can actually achieve very high necro DC. Effective enought to face most difficult EEs. But you need to invest heavily. Which I personally accept that challenge. Anyways, warlocks are spell casters, turbine already added SP.. Let's just keep going with this idea without bringing PnP here. It's an online game after all. Most people don't even know PnP.

Again, it won't be easy, but warlocks can achieve high DC.. even higher than wizards if you try hard, but it's costy.

Now, please let me go throught this and explain you something very important in terms of the death spells. But first, please keep this in mind that warlocks have extremely limited SP. They have fewer arcane spells and standard feat selection (not like wizards with 5 additional feats). And it's good! Because in everything there is a balance right? Ok, now.. Warlocks can actually achieve very high necro DC. Effective enought to face most difficult EEs. But you need to invest heavily. Which I personally accept that challenge. Anyways, warlocks are spell casters, turbine already added SP.. Let's just keep going with this idea without bringing PnP here. It's an online game after all. Most people don't even know PnP.

Again, it won't be easy, but warlocks can achieve high DC.. even higher than wizards if you try hard, but it's costy.
    When they add souleater, we need to test how it interacts with blasts.
    If cone shaped blast can apply shaken and the resistance debuff on every enemy, when you count in diping a bit for aura and some into crit tree, warlocks alrdy can achieve higher necro dc then wizzards.
    But that is when you keep on the stacking debuffs and no sp use eldritch cone shaped blast that does minimal damage, just enough to get rid of the at full hp vs saves bonus while applying multiple debuffs.

Also as i saw and tested myself, warlock will be pretty much the best caster overall due to crit damage increase in cores, i managed to pull off 14-16 k crits on a 2nd life warlock i tested on lama that lacked at least 100+ spellpower. /not helpless, was on ee bob and lod and tracker trap ee giant, so no helpless factor, just brute force dps
    I just used a crafted th forged and thats it, no psionic no artifact, no potions, no good luck, no com bonused, no "twists", no fully powered empyrian.
    Imo we will be able to do 20 k ruin crits as warlocks.
    Now is that op?
    Imo no, considering what a barb or palie are capable off, casters need at least this much to be competetive.

Silly is, warlocks will be the best dc casters and best boss nukers /:

This is not a "it might happen", its more like "i tested on lama and this wil happen"

Warlock will be very strong played right, and very fun since you can do so many different approaches with it.

I do tho really want to test how potent the dots from souleater are before totally being sure that warlock will be great for current ee content in ddo
    Last edited by Blackheartox; 06-05-2015 at 08:53 AM.

Community Member

Your welcome!

You're

True, I see your point. Though think about it, do we want every class to play exactly the same? Bard get banshee, sorc, wiz get them as well. Cleric get finger, Druid,favs get them as well.... Beside lore and rule set I really want to see something new. Am tired of every caster been played exactly the same way.

You might not familiar with warlock, it is a very unique class. Too bad with turbines development they are just another arcane caster

p.s. if you really want challenging.. you might as well do it on bard, they get banshee as well. and really good enchantment dc. as of balance, once people running around doing instant kill while maintaining decent eb damage, people will start crying for nerf. just like paladin holy sword.. and palemaster
    Last edited by decease; 06-05-2015 at 11:18 AM.

Community Member

True, I see your point. Though think about it, do we want every class to play exactly the same? Bard get banshee, sorc, wiz get them as well. Cleric get finger, Druid,favs get them as well.... Beside lore and rule set I really want to see something new. Am tired of every caster been played exactly the same way.

You might not familiar with warlock, it is a very unique class. Too bad with turbines development they are just another arcane caster

p.s. if you really want challenging.. you might as well do it on bard, they get banshee as well. and really good enchantment dc. as of balance, once people running around doing instant kill while maintaining decent eb damage, people will start crying for nerf. just like paladin holy sword.. and palemaster
    Yeah. Again, you are spot on.

I'm actually a fan of D&D. I love warlocks myself, I even predicted that they would have spell points in DDO. This new warlock class won't be 3.5 edition strictly. And warlocks can actually instant kill. Not like wizards ofc, but they have the ability to absorb enemies soul (AoE) and either, banish that soul (attempt to instant kill) or consume small portion of HP. So, I was honestly expected new AoE type instant kill that is based on evocation. So a warlock can focus on maximizing his eldritch blast, and get emergency AoE kill.

But what I know. Warlocks can follow soul eating path. And as it's stands, adding wail of banshee was a good idea. Even tho, warlocks can't beat PMs because they would have extremely low spell pen and not enought feats + not enought SP. So, I don't think they can steal PMs role or even sorcerers as an evoker eldritch caster. But warlocks located in a very good position right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast