Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3

    Default lvl vs everdrive character

    many time I create new character to fallow my friend ,they cant play much,
    because I getting to high in lvl,
    then after time you get to know every quest like the bottom of your pocket,
    talking whit people they say it will brock the rp.
    but when you know the quest, got all the best item, your friend will get to feel useless even if you are same lvl.
    so what does lvl will change ,people run quest anyway, and my friend cant lvl because of me.
    we make new character to stay at same lvl ,but the rp is Brocken ,because of the knowing of the game.

    sorry my English is not perfect, before some one say anything.......................................... .........................

  2. #2
    Community Member UurlockYgmeov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    in the bowels of the C/A/S iTyrant Seas - Kraken Class
    Posts
    8,016

    Default

    I have / had friends that this happened to.

    One eventually just kept on leveling, and reincarnated a bunch of times before getting lonely and leaving the game.

    Another I ended up out leveling and eventually we stopped playing together, thankfully we are real life friends and remain so.

    All good things come to an end - enjoy them as long as you can.

    Thankfully there are new lower level quests like Temple of Elemental Evil that you can run with your friend and just enjoy while you farm for things.

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3

    Default

    thinking ,if I am lvl 10 and quest is lvl 4 then no exp.so why not chose ,enter quest, open window, you got no exp or you get dropped to lvl 6,monster keep dropping my lvl why not giggle.

  4. #4
    Hero JOTMON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Orillia, Ontario
    Posts
    7,685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by urzulragon View Post
    many time I create new character to fallow my friend ,they cant play much,
    because I getting to high in lvl,
    then after time you get to know every quest like the bottom of your pocket,
    talking whit people they say it will brock the rp.
    but when you know the quest, got all the best item, your friend will get to feel useless even if you are same lvl.
    so what does lvl will change ,people run quest anyway, and my friend cant lvl because of me.
    we make new character to stay at same lvl ,but the rp is Brocken ,because of the knowing of the game.

    sorry my English is not perfect, before some one say anything.......................................... .........................
    Playing a toon that is too high a level with your friend that is low level may be fun for you but is probably not fun for them.

    I have toons I make to run with friends that do not level without that friend and keep it at the same level.
    This way when those friends are on I have a good companion player for them..

    Generally I have a mix toon like a bard/rogue that can do traps and heal and support whatever toon they are running.
    I also have other toonsa t different levels..Now when my friends or friends of friends log on to play I can get one of my toons that I have parked at every 2 levels to run with them anytime.
    most of these part time toons are maxxed XP, but I don't care about levelling them unless my friend levels, or I change toons.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 30/42 , RC 36/36 , IC 12/21 , EC 29/36 , RP 85/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/42 , RC 0/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 36/36 , RP 36/158..favor toon)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/42 , RC 19/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 19/36 , RP 63/158)

  5. #5
    Community Member Daine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    771

    Default

    I make new characters to play with less experienced friends who are casual players. I always keep them one level less than whomever I'm playing with and try not to out kill them. This for me is the best use of the 'number of kills' list on the XP sheet, to not make friends feel bad about the game. I also make them do all the talking to NPC's. I always make sure I've got some tricks up my sleeve and when things get rough I wade in and swing or blast away, but otherwise I take it easy and enjoy the game and the conversation.

    It's hard to curb the impulses to just zerg through, except when you know that your friend will stop having fun when you do so, then it becomes quite easy.

  6. #6
    Community Member Simulacrum_FRG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    36

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Daine View Post

    It's hard to curb the impulses to just zerg through, except when you know that your friend will stop having fun when you do so, then it becomes quite easy.

    Admirable attitude in my opinion. Though benevolence would suffice, getting too close to charity or martyrdom could spoil all your fun, and true friends wouldn't want you to be unhappy either? Rhetorical Question.

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daine View Post
    I make new characters to play with less experienced friends who are casual players. I always keep them one level less than whomever I'm playing with and try not to out kill them. This for me is the best use of the 'number of kills' list on the XP sheet, to not make friends feel bad about the game. I also make them do all the talking to NPC's. I always make sure I've got some tricks up my sleeve and when things get rough I wade in and swing or blast away, but otherwise I take it easy and enjoy the game and the conversation.

    It's hard to curb the impulses to just zerg through, except when you know that your friend will stop having fun when you do so, then it becomes quite easy.
    I also tried to play a naked gimp with 1-2 level under the rest of the group... but spending 30 min in the first quest of the depth serie makes me crazy: you need 6 times more SP just to keep buffs on... it's very difficult not to spoil the quest !

  8. #8
    2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    gamertown usa
    Posts
    7,473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by urzulragon View Post
    many time I create new character to fallow my friend ,they cant play much,
    because I getting to high in lvl,
    then after time you get to know every quest like the bottom of your pocket,
    talking whit people they say it will brock the rp.
    but when you know the quest, got all the best item, your friend will get to feel useless even if you are same lvl.
    so what does lvl will change ,people run quest anyway, and my friend cant lvl because of me.
    we make new character to stay at same lvl ,but the rp is Brocken ,because of the knowing of the game.

    sorry my English is not perfect, before some one say anything.......................................... .........................
    In these cases, I typically let them lead on those runs. Be there to support, and watch their reactions to the things you know will happen.

    Lead them through optionals.

    Help them learn the puzzles and hidden tricks in quests.

    Those are some of the things I do to keep things fresh after running every quest a dozen times in a month. LOL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload