Community Member

Default Offensive DPS Paladin as of U25

I've been out of the game for nearly two years and am wanting to build a new character. I'm looking at a DPS Paladin and have heard that 15 Pally / 5 Ranger was really good, is that true? This character won't have any past lifes but I have access to a 32 point build (how do I get higher?). I assume it's focusing on THF but I'm no longer sure of how to build it since they've radically changed the feat / enhancement progressive since I stopped playing.

That being said, any information would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by palladin9479 View Post
    I've been out of the game for nearly two years and am wanting to build a new character. I'm looking at a DPS Paladin and have heard that 15 Pally / 5 Ranger was really good, is that true? This character won't have any past lifes but I have access to a 32 point build (how do I get higher?). I assume it's focusing on THF but I'm no longer sure of how to build it since they've radically changed the feat / enhancement progressive since I stopped playing.

That being said, any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Check out this thread https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...y-15-5-Pal-Rgr It was for U23 but most of the information is still pretty relevant. The 5 ranger levels get you dance of death t5 from tempest tree which is a major part of the build, its essentially AOE TWF.
    I suggest you read through the whole thread though as some of the ideas develop as the build in the OP was never a truly finished product.
    My Youtube channel~ViamelDDO~ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOh...NJ_c5Yk8x866bA

A Tribe Called Zerg ~ Cannith

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodskittle View Post
    Check out this thread https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...y-15-5-Pal-Rgr It was for U23 but most of the information is still pretty relevant. The 5 ranger levels get you dance of death t5 from tempest tree which is a major part of the build, its essentially AOE TWF.
    I suggest you read through the whole thread though as some of the ideas develop as the build in the OP was never a truly finished product.
    Ok finished going through and it seems to be focused on TWF, is there any comparable build that use's THF? I only ask because I already have a 12 RNG / 8 Fighter tempest ranger and wanted a different style of play this time around.

Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

See the build I posted here. It uses swf and was a beast in dps. You could just as easily swap the swf feats with the thf line if that's your preference. It doesn't matter either way. Paladin is the over powered easy button nowadays. Godly offense and defense in one easy package. You can't really go wrong.
    Unarmed monk guide with builds|The Arcane Warrior: wiz/fighter hybrids|White Feather Sniper: CC/dps focused deepwood stalker|The Divine Cuisinart: divine crusader tempest|The Count of Monte Cristo: swashbuckler|Hassan's Assassin: dex assassin|Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer|Santa's Little Slayer: dragonmarked elf centered kensai

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo View Post
    See the build I posted here. It uses swf and was a beast in dps. You could just as easily swap the swf feats with the thf line if that's your preference. It doesn't matter either way. Paladin is the over powered easy button nowadays. Godly offense and defense in one easy package. You can't really go wrong.

h of the styles offer the most dps though? SWF, THF or TWF in your build?

Also how do you work around having 8 wisdom and still all the spells available?
    Last edited by KGKaos; 05-03-2015 at 01:23 PM.

Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

Quote Originally Posted by KGKaos View Post
    h of the styles offer the most dps though? SWF, THF or TWF in your build?
    Also from the other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo View Post
    Lonnbeimnech is correct, but I would add that swf is a nice middle ground between the two. SWF has an advantage over twf with regard to cleaves because when cleaving with twf, only the mainhand weapon hits the mobs, so you basically lose the whole benefit of the second weapon. And swf is also great dps against single targets. You can also swf with a bastard sword or dwarven axe and get glancing blows.

So twf offers the highest single target dps, thf offers the highest group dps, and swf offers solid dps against both.
    Unarmed monk guide with builds|The Arcane Warrior: wiz/fighter hybrids|White Feather Sniper: CC/dps focused deepwood stalker|The Divine Cuisinart: divine crusader tempest|The Count of Monte Cristo: swashbuckler|Hassan's Assassin: dex assassin|Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer|Santa's Little Slayer: dragonmarked elf centered kensai

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by palladin9479 View Post
    This character won't have any past lifes but I have access to a 32 point build (how do I get higher?).
    You gain extra build pts thru True Reincarnation of your char.
    Quote Originally Posted by KGKaos View Post
    Also how do you work around having 8 wisdom and still all the spells available?
    Owl's WIS, items, and WIS tome all count towards your spellcasting pre-req. So on a pure pally with base WIS 8: starting at lvl 4, equip a +3 WIS item or drink a Owl's WIS pot; you need +4 WIS at lvl 8, +5 WIS at lvl 11, and +6 WIS at lvl 14.

See my drow paladin and Sacred Vanguard threads for other builds.
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!