Community Member

Default Sweeping Strikes __TYPO ?

From the Patch Notes…

Sweeping strikes now does +1/3/5[W] to all nearby enemies, and trips them on a DC of 10/14/18 + Rogue level + Dexterity modifier + Trip bonuses. The enemy rolls Balance to negate the trip.

Yet when I look at the in-Game tool tip….

Sweeping Strikes (3/3)
    Requires: Quick Strike (Rank 3)
    Action Point Cost: 1
    Cooldown: 20 seconds
    Melee Quarterstaff Trip Attack: Deals +5(w) damage to all nearby enemies and trips them. (Balance DC 10 + Rogue Level + Dexterity Modifier Negates trip).

Anyone else NOT seeing the 18 DC for spending three Action Points in this Skill?

OR

Am I missing something?

Community Manager

This appears to be a display issue only. Sweeping Strikes should be providing its correct benefit. We'll make sure the text issue is bugged.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

+ Trip bonuses is missing also
    Triple Heroic & Epic completionist. Eroic : 42/42 - Epic : 36/36 - Iconic : 12/12.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    This appears to be a display issue only. Sweeping Strikes should be providing its correct benefit. We'll make sure the text issue is bugged.
    Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrzain View Post
    Thanks for the reply.
    Also be sure to drag the upgraded enhancement on top your bar if you haven't.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    Also be sure to drag the upgraded enhancement on top your bar if you haven't.
    Thanks… I did that… and even logged out after and tried it again.. no luck.

The same wording as the pic also in the Enhancement Tree on both tabs of viewing Enhancements.

I am glad it is a display issue.
    Last edited by Vyrzain; 04-30-2015 at 01:32 PM.

Community Member

Default Strength Save 41 ?

Wanted to add to this….

I just noticed that when you mouse over the Icon a Save is displayed.

First, it is listing as a Strength Save not a Balance Save.

Is anyone able to confirm what a Foe saves against on this attack?

I was using Sly Flourish to get the extra -1 per Sneak Attack hit against Foes Balance for 20sec and letting this stack up a few times to give me the best chance at a trip.

But if this is really a Strength save, as listed, then maybe I should be getting Crippling Strike for the -2 Str on Sneak Attack hit.

Next, as you can see the Strength Save is listed as 41.

Is this also a display issue?

By my math, if this Enhancement is giving DC 18 for three ranks in it then I should be getting DC 49 not DC 41.

Base DC 18 + 15 Level + 12 Dex + 3 Enhancement in the line + 1 Guild Bonus = 49 DC

If it is ONLY DC 10 then the display is correct at 41 : (

Community Member

Default ANOTHER DISPLAY ISSUE or BUG ????

/Bumping this again….

So I just got the “Consuming Darkness” Ring that should add a +4 Insight Bonus to Trips.

The Save / DC is not changing for Sweeping Strikes.

So the question is does the Insight Bonus from the Item “Consuming Darknesseffect Sweeping Strikes?

So another Typo in the Display for this power?

Along with the 18 missing for Rank 3 in this Power and the Save being listed as Strength vs. Balance the Bonuses to Trip will not show up here?

Community Member

Since we had some Forum issues I will bump this for review.

Wanted to add to this….

I just noticed that when you mouse over the Icon a Save is displayed.

First, it is listing as a Strength Save not a Balance Save.

Is anyone able to confirm what a Foe saves against on this attack?

I was using Sly Flourish to get the extra -1 per Sneak Attack hit against Foes Balance for 20sec and letting this stack up a few times to give me the best chance at a trip.

But if this is really a Strength save, as listed, then maybe I should be getting Crippling Strike for the -2 Str on Sneak Attack hit.

Next, as you can see the Strength Save is listed as 41.

Is this also a display issue?

By my math, if this Enhancement is giving DC 18 for three ranks in it then I should be getting DC 49 not DC 41.

Base DC 18 + 15 Level + 12 Dex + 3 Enhancement in the line + 1 Guild Bonus = 49 DC

If it is ONLY DC 10 then the display is correct at 41 : (
    Trip is not opposed by balance. It is opposed by a stat (Str/Dex) test.

Unless you run Titan (~40 balance is nice), I believe you still only need 15 balance to stand from a fall (procs after 2 seconds). Balance won't keep you from falling.
    - inactive player -

Default Tested in PVP Dual Boxing

Tested with a 6th level rogue with a 20 dex (+5)

DC as tested
    DC10 + 6 (rogue levels) +5(dex bonus) = DC21

Save for Sweeping Strike is listed as DC 23 Strength.

Tested in PVP Death Match dual boxing against a Strentgh 25(+7 Stg bonus to save.) alt

She would fail on a 15 (+7) =22
    She Would save on a 16 (+7) =23

NOTHING Made a difference.
    I tried +6 Slavers vertigo item (+6 vertigo)
    Executioners Helm (+1 Quality Combat Mastery)
    Spare hand (+2 Insiteful Combat Mastery)
    Know the Angles (Intel Modifier of 10/2 = 5DC)
    +3 Combat Mastery Boots

DC as tested should have been:
    DC18(3 points in Sweeping Stirke) +6 (rogue Levels) +5 (Dex bonus) +6 (vertigo boots) +1 (Executioners Helm) +2 (Spare Hand) +5 (Know the Angles bonus) = DC43

Apparently nothing modifies Sweeping strike except dex bonus and whatever was giving me a +2 (probably a guild buff).
    I did not have the the "Trip Focus" enhancement which may add to the DC. I could not test that.
    All in all. Pretty disappointing.

Last edited by Noir; 06-12-2017 at 03:19 AM.
    Originally Posted by grodon9999
    "I'm beginning to think a lot of people play this game because it's cheaper than paying for a Dominatrix."
    Disciplines Disciples - 54 Alts on Khyber and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    While you're at it is there any way you can reduce that COOLDOWN?

It's mega long!

Whoops, didn't realise this was a Necro'd thread but yeah, question still stands.

Community Member

Default SS definitely not affected by much of anything

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Tested with a 6th level rogue with a 20 dex (+5)

DC as tested
    DC10 + 6 (rogue levels) +5(dex bonus) = DC21

Save for Sweeping Strike is listed as DC 23 Strength.

Tested in PVP Death Match dual boxing against a Strentgh 25(+7 Stg bonus to save.) alt

She would fail on a 15 (+7) =22
    She Would save on a 16 (+7) =23

NOTHING Made a difference.
    I tried +6 Slavers vertigo item (+6 vertigo)
    Executioners Helm (+1 Quality Combat Mastery)
    Spare hand (+2 Insiteful Combat Mastery)
    Know the Angles (Intel Modifier of 10/2 = 5DC)
    +3 Combat Mastery Boots

DC as tested should have been:
    DC18(3 points in Sweeping Stirke) +6 (rogue Levels) +5 (Dex bonus) +6 (vertigo boots) +1 (Executioners Helm) +2 (Spare Hand) +5 (Know the Angles bonus) = DC43

Apparently nothing modifies Sweeping strike except dex bonus and whatever was giving me a +2 (probably a guild buff).
    I did not have the the "Trip Focus" enhancement which may add to the DC. I could not test that.
    All in all. Pretty disappointing.

Given the conflict between this post and two other threads (titled Sweeping Strikes and Rogue Acrobat Sweeping Strikes) I've just gone all PVP with my better half to do a similar test. Here's what I'm getting:

The 3 tiers advance the DC by 2 each, from Base 10 to 12 to 14. [Another thread supported by Cordovan claims this is supposed to be 10 14 18 but my tests in the PVP pit show 10 12 14.]

My DC was 34: Base 14, +14 Dex, +6 Rogue.

I tested +1/+2/+3 from Trip Focus. No effect. [So, yeah, the enhancement from the actual Acrobat tree has no effect; gotta love that one.]
    I tested a +3 vertigo item (Belt). No effect.
    I didn't manipulate my Fighter past life bonus, but my better half saved at 34, so that clearly had no effect.
    The +1 to Trip from the ship buff had no effect.
    The Tactical Combatant feat had no effect (I presume the other Fighter tactical feats also have no effect, but didn't test them).
    I tested the +2/+4/+6 bonus (Legendary Tactics) from the Legendary Dreadnought and that had no effect.

So, as far as I can tell, from what I tested, the only thing that has any effect on Sweeping Strikes is the base save (10/12/14) + your Dex mod + your Rogue level.

I don't think this is a point of contention, but we also checked to see what the save is based on: it is a Strength save, not a Balance save.

So, in the spirit of 'please fix or change this':

Dear Devs,
    A pass to Sweeping Strikes that would allow all these different bonuses to apply would be lovely...

Community Member

Default FIxed or not?

since I am consindering a thief acrobat, I was just wondering whether this has been fixed or not..

Any devs?

Community Member

I'm currently running one, and while I can't answer your specific question, I can tell you that I trip most mobs. Since I'm using the elemental bloom, many times they're all paralyzed as well, and I think the graphics don't show them being tripped, but paralyzed instead. The cool down is a little too long, but it is an AOE trip attack, so I'm not going to complain about that. It does trip a lot as well, so if the cool down was too short, I could just keep everything tripped until they got tickled to death.. See my staff build thread/post if interested in that.

Community Member

/Bumping this again….

So I just got the “Consuming Darkness” Ring that should add a +4 Insight Bonus to Trips.

The Save / DC is not changing for Sweeping Strikes.

So the question is does the Insight Bonus from the Item “Consuming Darknesseffect Sweeping Strikes?

So another Typo in the Display for this power?

Along with the 18 missing for Rank 3 in this Power and the Save being listed as Strength vs. Balance the Bonuses to Trip will not show up here?

A couple of guidies of mine went into pvp to see if the trip stuff was working and after testing they told me that trip items and combat master items were NOT working as the devs said they were. I know I had a 12 fighter 8 rogue build and took the fighter combat feats along with having combat mastery/trip items on my toon and didnt notice much of a difference, if any as when I got to cap, i still wasnt tripping much on EE, or even EH.. I really dont think this stuff is working. My theory is that if you equip something that adds a dc to an ability and it doesnt show up on the tooltip, then I dont trust it to work. The same with spellsaves. Theyre supposed to stack with resistance saves but how can you trust them if it doesnt show up on your character sheet?

Community Member

In place of all the usual Trip bonuses and Feats that affect normal Trip, they've added in the Rogue level. IMO, this is better for us as players, since it adds to the DC without requiring heavy investment in feats, enhancements, and gear which would be difficult for many a Rogue to acquire and/or fit into their build.

The fact that the Trip bonuses in the very same tree have no effect does seem.. questionable.
    Server: Argonnessen
    Guild: Atomic Kumquat or something.. <sigh> I used to like my guild name
    Armorrd - Facta - Favorborg - Ixandy - Kompleat - Mobsbane - Qualified - Steeli - Tankitty - Visik

I just created my first thief-acrobat, and noticed my trip bonuses weren't working with this. Glad this thread was here with the answer of why. Since all I can do to boost Sweeping Strikes in epics is increase my DEX (or use some of the rogue STR debuffs on enemies), does it not work very well in epics?
    "Swords will cut you wide open!" - Trip Fisk

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Sweeping Strikes __TYPO ?
    Would be "Weeping Strikes" better ?
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !