Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Qestions about U26 and beyond

I have a few questions (and possibly suggestions) about U26, U27 and beyond.

Is U26 expected this summer and U27 this fall?

As far as adventures what is expected in each? I know an epic Vale as been mentioned and that new quests are more likely than "epic" version of the current quests. Will the other new adventures be ftp and what level range is likely?

I know Warlock is expected and based on some comments is seems more likely to be this fall rather than this summer. Are characters going to have to start Warlock at level 1 and no multiclassing for the first several months like Druid was?

Will there be a "Warlock" epic destiny? If not what will the Warlock sphere be?

If a Warlock ED is added where in the map will it be?

Will an artificer ED be added? (If a warlock ED is added an Artificer ED should be added. Maybe when a 15th class is added add a new sphere with Warlock, Artificer and the new class.)

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

They should allow multiclassing but not hearts or iconics for a while IMO or xp stones

Beware the Sleepeater

Community Member legendkilleroll's Avatar

U26 planned for June time, epic shaverath, not just epic versions of the current pack, will have a raid too

Ofc things could change this just what I've heard so far

Community Manager

We're currently targeting June for Update 26, and U27 in the fall-ish. U26 will continue the epic battle you experience after you travel to Amrath, and will feature new quests (both Heroic and Epic versions of the quests) and a raid. We're hoping to have Warlock out for Update 26. We'll have a lot more to say about Warlock soon!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

in the bowels of the C/A/S iTyrant Seas - Kraken Class

Quote Originally Posted by beta1 View Post
    As far as adventures what is expected in each? I know an epic Vale as been mentioned and that new quests are more likely than "epic" version of the current quests. Will the other new adventures be ftp and what level range is likely?

I know Warlock is expected and based on some comments is seems more likely to be this fall rather than this summer. Are characters going to have to start Warlock at level 1 and no multiclassing for the first several months like Druid was?

Will there be a "Warlock" epic destiny? If not what will the Warlock sphere be?

If a Warlock ED is added where in the map will it be?

Will an artificer ED be added? (If a warlock ED is added an Artificer ED should be added. Maybe when a 15th class is added add a new sphere with Warlock, Artificer and the new class.)
    U26 July(ish) - Epic Shavarath - Warlock - Ranger (melee) enhancement pass + FvS 3rd Tree
    U27 September(ish) - New Mabar (maybe) - continuing the enhancement pass + Missing Tree + Arty and Druid pass
    U28 December(Ish) - Level Cap to 30 - ??? eVale with eShroud + epic green steel (or might be u27 but highly unlikely) + Monk Pass
    U29 Early '16 - Classic Module '16 - Cannith Crafting Pass (might be pushed back to then) - DDO 10th Anniversary

Epic Shavarath and Epic Vale are all new quests both should contain a new raid. Subterrane - maybe but probably not. Both P2P and free to VIP (best guess since both are already p2p)

There should be one update (either U27 or U28) with unknown theme - but [s]Eberron[/s] Forgotten Realms specific

Warlock restrictions unknown at this time. Warlock has been all but totally officially confirmed for U26. Warlock ED - unknown at this time.

Artificier ED - unknown at this time. How does warlock and artificer share a new sphere ('other' or 'misc' doesn't make sense)? Arty is technomagic (or steampunk) and Warlock is planar.

now above (after U26) is best guess - and I have been wrong - many times. However, U26 information is pretty solid,

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We're currently targeting June for Update 26, and U27 in the fall-ish. U26 will continue the epic battle you experience after you travel to Amrath, and will feature new quests (both Heroic and Epic versions of the quests) and a raid. We're hoping to have Warlock out for Update 26. We'll have a lot more to say about Warlock soon!
    —emphasis added

Cool!

Will warlocks get cha to saves spell like they do in PnP? This will open up a high save splash to druids/bards/barbs who haven't been able to reach EE saves.
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 42/42, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

Quote Originally Posted by Delacroix21 View Post
    Will warlocks get cha to saves spell like they do in PnP? This will open up a high save splash to druids/bards/barbs who haven't been able to reach EE saves.
    I totally see Barbarian Warlocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Delacroix21 View Post
    Barbds and druids need saves for ee?

Default My Questions

Here's my questions:
    1. What will the level of these quests be on heroic if they follow the events of Amrath? ToD is already level 20 heroic, so....?
    2. Do you guys have any changes planned for the current Shav quests? If anything, maybe update the gear a little to make it fit in with the times and boost the xp. Would love to see these quests ran more frequently again, and not pushed aside father when the new stuff hits live.
    - One suggestion: if you intend on another crafting system, maybe have some of the mats for it drop in the current Shav quests.
    Leader of the Crusaders of Heaven, Khyber
    Guild is currently Level 121 - We are always openly recruiting.
    PM: Josetta / Sarahanne / Iyvyxor / Iyvette / Maiafay / Torraxe / Maeryette
    "This is why we can't have nice things."

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by xaul17 View Post
    Here's my questions:
    1. What will the level of these quests be on heroic if they follow the events of Amrath? ToD is already level 20 heroic, so....?
    2. Do you guys have any changes planned for the current Shav quests? If anything, maybe update the gear a little to make it fit in with the times and boost the xp. Would love to see these quests ran more frequently again, and not pushed aside father when the new stuff hits live.
    - One suggestion: if you intend on another crafting system, maybe have some of the mats for it drop in the current Shav quests.
    1. Things could change, but we're looking at the low double-digits/low teens for the Heroic versions. Yes, it's possible that it may take a few leaps of lore logic to be able to offer the quests on Heroic, but we would rather offer them than not due to timeline concerns.
    2. We do not currently have any changes planned for the existing Shavarath quests.
    - We'll talk more about loot and such as we get closer to Lamannia.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by xaul17 View Post
    Here's my questions:
    I am going to go out on a limb and suggest that the new heroic Amrath quests might actually be placed right after ToEE in levels - so 9-11ish. Reason? Mysterious Remnants story line. I cannot see any more lv18-19 quests because there is absolutely no need for them in terms of XP. Once you hit 20 you can earn xp so much faster in so many other ways that heroic xp is a less than rewarding UNLESS you are trying to get a bravery bonus going again.

I would hope that some (minor) needed updates would be done to the existing quests as the Dev's go through the pack.

I would expect that like the old Shavarath quests, epic green steel mats will start to drop in the new epic quests; maybe not immediately but once epic green steel goes live.

Again - this is just IMHO and YMMV

1. Things could change, but we're looking at the low double-digits/low teens for the Heroic versions. Yes, it's possible that it may take a few leaps of lore logic to be able to offer the quests on Heroic, but we would rather offer them than not due to timeline concerns.
    2. We do not currently have any changes planned for the existing Shavarath quests.
    Ninja'd by Cordovan! :P

Ooh 11-13ish then? Been personally hoping for more content in this range, I am looking forward to it! Very interested to see how the storyline will be tied in!
    Leader of the Crusaders of Heaven, Khyber
    Guild is currently Level 121 - We are always openly recruiting.
    PM: Josetta / Sarahanne / Iyvyxor / Iyvette / Maiafay / Torraxe / Maeryette
    "This is why we can't have nice things."

...- We'll talk more about loot and such as we get closer to Lamannia.
    I sure would like to see some level 30 gear sets like the ring and belt/neck sets that we have now in shavarath. I liked the way the gear had a synergy to it based on class. Maybe since we are talking epic levels have the gear be based off epic destiny, making the sets situationaly good for characters of many different classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshal_Lannes View Post
    Now you aren't a cookie cuttter, you are a character with unique gear and layouts and not everyone has the same mass produced epic ethereal bracers from the ghostly beholder factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Connman View Post
    I sure would like to see some level 30 gear sets like the ring and belt/neck sets that we have now in shavarath. I liked the way the gear had a synergy to it based on class. Maybe since we are talking epic levels have the gear be based off epic destiny, making the sets situationaly good for characters of many different classes.

me likee - but not ml:30 --- just like how the existing sets are well, mostly moot by the time you can equip them.

Community Member

I have a suggestion. Make sure that the level to get full XP in any wilderness area is no more than the highest level to get full XP in any quest in the area. So if a quest in the area is level 11 normal and level 13 elite, than then highest level to get full XP in the wilderness needs to be at least 14 (since at level 14 you will still get full XP (but not bravery bonus) on the quest at elite.

Quote Originally Posted by AlsoWondering View Post
    I have a suggestion. Make sure that the level to get full XP in any wilderness area is no more than the highest level to get full XP in any quest in the area. So if a quest in the area is level 11 normal and level 13 elite, than then highest level to get full XP in the wilderness needs to be at least 14 (since at level 14 you will still get full XP (but not bravery bonus) on the quest at elite.
    Adventure areas have always had a wide level range, this allows for players to return as they level up to continue slayers and allows for a greater party level range.
    Fallen former minion of the Gelatinous Cube
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Wait can you clarify= Is Epic Amarath level 28-30 quests? or low to mid 20s? (i hope to gosh it isnt)
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 42/42, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

1. Things could change, but we're looking at the low double-digits/low teens for the Heroic versions.
    This will open another can of worms when you talk about DDO timeline. Few people care about lore on this game, but they are out there.

I remember back at launch that the intended timeline was "order of launch". So, the older quests happened before the new quests, even if the new quests are on a lower level. After you retconned the marketplace destruction to happens before the players arrive in Khortos, and not a response to us foiling their plans in the shroud (which leads to us invading shavarath for vengeance), I remember a dev saying the DDO timeline changed to be linear with level progression. So all level 1 quests happens before all level 2 quests, and so on.

This already created a mess when you think about the new dual-level quests, like Wheloon. Did it happened before or after MotU? And what about the relationship with High Road, since High Road is a higher level chain on heroic, but a lower level chain on epic? And did we just arrested a shar priest prisoner at level 15, and the chain continue at level 16 or 26?

Back when "epics" were basically a high level mod of heroic quests, this was easier to fit. "Epic" was not a level range, so Sentinels actually happened at level 7, and Carnival actually happened at level 5.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

when you guys release these and do raids please give us reasons to go back to them. so crafting like tod rings and vale like greensteel. this will breath life back into our raids.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast