Community Member

Default Cant cast paladin lvl4 spells

So, i hit level 4 paladin and I cant cast my spells ;(. forgot to put points in wisdom. Im a new player so I was wondering whats the best way to fix this. reroll, buy wisdom+ items.. etc.
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by rlsquared2 View Post
    So, i hit level 4 paladin and I cant cast my spells ;(. forgot to put points in wisdom. Im a new player so I was wondering whats the best way to fix this. reroll, buy wisdom+ items.. etc.
    thank you
    Not a big issue

Pickup a wisdom item or augment.
    at some point get a wisdom tome.
    Wisdom is not a critical part of being a Paladin, just need enough to cast your spells.

You need 11 to cast level 1 spells, 14 to cast the level 4 spells (your highest tier)
    so you will need 14 Wisdom at endgame.

Can temporarially work around it until you get your gear.. pickup some owls wisdom pots (gives 4 wisdom) if you cant find a gear item right a way.

~
    If you cant find something relatively quickly. just post what you toon name/server are.. lots of people have goodies sitting around they can send you or craft for you.
    Just let them know what spot is open for you. goggles, ring...
    Last edited by JOTMON; 04-23-2015 at 01:06 PM.
    Jotmon -
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 17/15,RC 14/30), Jotlock(HC 38/42,EC 36/36,IC 15/15, RC 0/30)..
    and several once viable raiding alts dumped into the packmule stables..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Too bad I 'purchased' maximum character slots for my account, SSG has now chosen to cater the giveaway perks to benefit multiple freebie accounts instead of the paying customers.

You only need 14 wisdom to cast lvl 4 spells, so a plus 6 item will cover you, unless you are blade forged or warforged, since they get a penalty of 2 to wisdom. They can make up the rest by getting a +2 tomes, or ship buffs.

Community Member

If you're human, you can also (temporarily) grab +1 wisdom for 2 AP from Human Adaptability.

Community Member

I think I'm going to just reroll, i got 50 TP on this toon so not complete waste of time. I'm lvl 1 rogue/level 4 paladin, so Im gimped anyway. But thx for the advice.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Even if you reroll, WIS should still be a dump stat; even INT for more skill pts is more useful than pts in WIS.

At low lvls, you can quaff Owl's WIS pots or use Owl's WIS wands. WIS +3 items are ML:5 (ML:3 w/Masterful Craftsmanship) and go up two min lvls for every +1. Lots of named items with WIS too; Teraza's Sight is a good option b/c the set bonus (+2 to-hit & dmg) is nice and the other items in the set provide STR & CHA, your other key stats. [Bloody Cleaver also drops from Frame Work and is a decent choice for a 2H pally; the DPS is nothing special but Bodyfeeder is still a nice perk at that lvl.]
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Dump wisdom, Charisma is far more important than Wisdom is.

You only need 14 wisdom and you can get that with buffs and gear.

Owl's Wisdom is wandable for Paladins. And you don't need wisdom to wand.
    The guy who likes to experience every class. Except Fighter >:[ I don't like you Fighter.
    Hey Devs! Let's give Warpriests and Eldritch Knights some loving, kay? :<